Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio

Go down 
+24
Cruising Rays
Big Red Robyn
bjjost
chrystine
Immebsmom
Jfultz81
VJMorrow
Adirondack Pete
cruiseforme
mytee4ever
flowers
Carole
diaz loves 2 cruise
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
lolomeme
thevacationstop
darlene
taurus988
dream2cruise
Greta
JJ2sail
Admin
BrandonH61
NDJollyMon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Just found this thread, what a great idea!

I love the small knit community feel here and I'm so glad I found it! I'm a relatively new Cruise Freek and I'm just starting to learn people's names, although I recognize lots of your usernames! I'm really bad with names though, so please forgive me if I just call you by your username!!

Anyway - I'm Jennifer and my DH is John. We are both 27 and are celebrating our 9th anniversary on June 17th! My husband works in IT for a smaller business machine company and I work at a university. Our only kids are the 4 legged variety (2 dogs +1 temporary foster dog, 2 cats, and 2 gerbils) and we haven't decided on whether we'll ever have the 2 legged variety.

Our first cruise was in 2005 on the NCL Dream. We originally booked the Carnival Holiday on a whim, but it was cancelled since they used it for Hurricane Katrina. While we were not overly impressed by the Dream, we loved the crew and absolutely loved being on the ocean. We have since been on two other cruises (Western Carib on RCL Rhapsody and Western Med on RCL Voyager) and have 3 more in the works. We also love driving trips and have a few of those coming up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for posting Jennifer!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Jennifer, welcome! Welcome
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Ok, let's see how I do with this:

Real name is Laura. I am divorced with one child, Miranda who is 16 and a junior in high school. I have three chihuahuas who are my furry children who do not speak clearly, but usually have better attitudes than the 16 year old and don't ask to borrow the car! I have been on three Disney cruises, but am hoping to expand my brands next year when we are taking a cruise to Europe (open the dates already people!).

At work I am known as the budget Nazi. I am basically the budget manager for distribution work at a 'major' Southern California utility. I have been here for 26 years.

Best friends with Jeannine, and her daughter Courtney is best friends with my daughter. We usually cruise in a pack together. While we are not a couple, everyone assumes we are, so we simply smile and say yes, we are Lebanese. (that is not a spelling error, I meant to say Lebanese)

Our next big vacation is Courtney's graduation trip. We will be driving all the way across the country visiting all the Southern states and staying at or visiting haunted houses, restaurants and buildings: We will be hitting:
White Sands, New Mexico (not haunted unless you count missle testing)
Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico (this is to visit the caverns and watch the bats)
Alamo/San Antonio, Texas (how can it not be haunted?)
Leesville, Louisiana (where Courtney was born)
St Francisville, Louisiana (staying at Myrtles plantation, most haunted house in America)
New Orleans, Louisiana (need I say more, vampires & voodoo & cemetaries oh my!)
Savanah, Georgia (haunted places and the Girl Scouts)
Memphis, Tennessee (Elvis and company)
Williams, Arizona (Grand Canyon)
Laughlin, NV (Ottman and dams and gambling)
Back home. We will be gone almost 4 weeks. Be sure to watch news reports for reports of our losing our minds and someone needing to be bailed out. I am sure Susan can keep you in the loop when that happens!! DramaQueen

I guess that is a start...and probably TMI!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Immebsmom wrote:
At work I am known as the budget Nazi. I am basically the budget manager for distribution work at a 'major' Southern California utility. I have been here for 26 years.
We just call her the anal-retentive-blood-sucking-bean-counter. Wink

Quote :
Best friends with Jeannine
And who else? Who's known you for the past 26 years???? Razz

Quote :
Our next big vacation is Courtney's graduation trip. We will be driving all the way across the country visiting all the Southern states and staying at or visiting haunted houses, restaurants and buildings: We will be hitting:
St Francisville, Louisiana (staying at Myrtles plantation, most haunted house in America)
Stopping in Nashville at all???

Quote :
Oh no, there's soooooooo much more that we can tell!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Immebsmom wrote:

While there, drive up to Austin (about 1 hour away) and go to the main city bridge at dusk. You can watch a very large bat colony fly out from under that bridge to go food hunting. It is just amazing to watch this stream of bats pour out from under this bridge for about 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Jfultz81
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Jfultz81

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Immebsmom wrote:
While we are not a couple, everyone assumes we are, so we simply smile and say yes, we are Lebanese. (that is not a spelling error, I meant to say Lebanese)
roflmao

Welcome Laura! I love your sense of humor!! Your trip sounds like the one DH and I are planning, except we're heading your way! He's never been to the west coast and its been several years since I have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:34 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
Immebsmom wrote:

While there, drive up to Austin (about 1 hour away) and go to the main city bridge at dusk. You can watch a very large bat colony fly out from under that bridge to go food hunting. It is just amazing to watch this stream of bats pour out from under this bridge for about 20 minutes.
Laura, I swear if you do this you HAVE to take Rebecca with you!!! (think Hato Caves!!!)
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Laura....maybe you'll have to look into Ron's Haunted Cruise in SC. I don't think he's wearing a mask....but you'll be frightened when you see him!

Seriously, he has some haunted stuff on the menu.
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Immebsmom wrote:
We just call her the anal-retentive-blood-sucking-bean-counter. Wink

Quote :
Best friends with Jeannine
And who else? Who's known you for the past 26 years???? Razz

Quote :
Stopping in Nashville at all???

Quote :
Oh no, there's soooooooo much more that we can tell!!! Twisted Evil

MY bad my BAD!!!! Yes Susan and I have known each other far far too long!!!!

Not stopping in Nashville...Memphis is on the way and Court wants to do Graceland.
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:18 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
Immebsmom wrote:

Actually we were going to do this first, but the Carlsbad Caverns have hundreds of thousands of bats that fly out. So this lets us combine two things she wanted to do at one stop!
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:20 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Laura....maybe you'll have to look into Ron's Haunted Cruise in SC. I don't think he's wearing a mask....but you'll be frightened when you see him!

Seriously, he has some haunted stuff on the menu.

Do you have a website or anything? This would totally work for us!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:10 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Here's a link to the info:
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/celebrity-mercury-from-charleston-sc-march-19-2010-f200/

and to the contest to win it:
[url=https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/guess-booh-f203/
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/guess-booh-f203/[/quote[/url]]

Oh ok...already entered this one...if I win it will be a cool spring break cruise for me and the child!!!

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok I found this thread and figured I would formally introduce myself Smile

My name is Christine (36) and I live in a suburb of Philadelphia. I have been married to Jim (41) for 13 years and we have a son, Matthew ( 8 ). I am a Litigation Manager at a law firm. Michele (crusinmama06) is an old CruiseCritic buddy of mine (as is Ron) and she told me about Cruise Freeks.

I grew up in Philly and started cruising when I was a teenager. My early cruises were on some interesting, old ships (Veracruz, Caribe, Amerikansis). Cruising had me at hello. I continued to cruise even after I went off to college in Boston. I worked at a cruise-only travel agency during my summers off.

I moved back down to the Philadelphia area after college to be with my future hubby. After much effort, I was able to convince Jim to cruise with me. He was in the Navy for 8 years before we met and really had no interest in being on a "boat" again lol. Our first cruise together was on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1995 and he has been hooked ever since. I think he has been on 15 cruises now, I am approaching 30. My son, Matthew, also loves cruising. His first cruise was at age 2 and he has been on 9 cruises so far. We have sailed RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, Cunard, Disney, Princess and a few other cruiselines.

In addition to cruising, we like to take land vacations to all-inclusive resorts, Disney, Miami and down the Jersey shore. When we are not traveling, we love to keep active by going to the theater, concerts, museums and sporting events (especially baseball).

You Cruise Freeks seem like a great group of people and I look forward to getting to know everyone better Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:24 pm

welcome Christine!! it's always a challenge to get them ol' Navy sailors onto a cruise ship, but once you do you practically can't get them off!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Welcome Chrystine and Laura.

Laura, I have only known Susan for 3 years but I know what kind of trouble she can cause.
I am the TA for the Charleston Cruise and we sould love to have you join us. Lots of hauntings in Charleston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Oh man! The mayhem we could have with me, Greta and Laura together!!!! LittleDevil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 pm

welcome chrystine. i go to philly every month or 2 to go to pat's or geno's. i love their steaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 pm

aw man! now I want a philly cheesesteak!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Even though I had some great sushi tonight I have yet to find a place here in Raleigh that I can get a good cheesesteak and have been craving one for the last 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Oh man! The mayhem we could have with me, Greta and Laura together!!!! LittleDevil

Well you remember the closing quote on my work email

"Chaos, Panic, and Disorder. My work here is done."

Of course, now it is:

"Why do they insist on making me use my power for evil instead of good?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 pm

I swear, we'd have fun together!!! No one else might have fun, but we sure would. Wink
Back to top Go down
Immebsmom
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Immebsmom

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Well you know, it seems that there are a few people on these boards who would figure out how to make a profit by selling tickets....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm

yeah, like RON!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next