Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:13 am

chrystine wrote:
Michele (crusinmama06) is an old CruiseCritic buddy of mine (as is Ron)

Why? scratch
Ok...I can understand Michele alright....but you lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Ron! ImSorry

J/k......Christine....good to have you around. Thanks for the Bio. (don't sue me)

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:10 am

Welcome, and hello Chrystine and Laura!
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Welcome Christine from another Freek in the Philly suburbs...okay, Chester county, but that counts, doesn't it?! LOL!

Towanda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 pm

towanda - do you just love philly cheesesteaks? before we used to cruise out of bayonne we used to fly to ft. lauderdale of course. so what we would do, there is a hotel i want to say it was sheraton suites or something like that near the phila airport. great beds. anyway, you could park your car at that time for free for up to 2 weeks so we would stay there the night before flying out and go to pats AND genos for dinner. loved it.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm

oesnjstar wrote:
welcome chrystine. i go to philly every month or 2 to go to pat's or geno's. i love their steaks.

Have you every tried Jim's (4th & South St)? They are my favorite. Gosh, I could go for one now lol Smile
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Greta wrote:
Even though I had some great sushi tonight I have yet to find a place here in Raleigh that I can get a good cheesesteak and have been craving one for the last 4 weeks.

I have yet to find a good one outside of the Philly/South Jersey area.
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:48 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
chrystine wrote:
Michele (crusinmama06) is an old CruiseCritic buddy of mine (as is Ron)

Why? scratch
Ok...I can understand Michele alright....but you lost all credibility with me when you mentioned Ron! ImSorry

J/k......Christine....good to have you around. Thanks for the Bio. (don't sue me)

Haha- don't worry I won't sue you Pete Smile
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm

mytee4ever wrote:
Welcome Christine from another Freek in the Philly suburbs...okay, Chester county, but that counts, doesn't it?! LOL!

Towanda

Yes, Towanda, that counts Smile Actually, I live in Delaware County- Aston. I grew up in Northeast Philly. Where in Chester County are you?
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Chrystine,

I'm in Coatesville. Yes, arson central....had 2 fires within 1 block of our house. Sleep with one eye open these days!

Towanda
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:34 pm

mytee4ever wrote:
Chrystine,

I'm in Coatesville. Yes, arson central....had 2 fires within 1 block of our house. Sleep with one eye open these days!

Towanda

Check those smoke detector batteries! Shocked

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 CruiseAnimationPete
Back to top Go down
mytee4ever
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm

We just changed the batteries in all the detectors in the house...from the basement to the attic to celebrate the New Year.

Towanda
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

Towanda- It is just terrible what is going on around you. I hope they catch the
guy(s) soon. Please be safe!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:00 pm

A bio… Right… it’s been how long since I’ve attempted to write anything??? But OK… here goes…

My real name is Bette (named after Bette Davis) and I was born in Niagara Falls, NY. At the age of 10, we moved to St. Charles, MO but still spent every summer in Niagara Falls. When was 16, I was old enough to refuse to go! After all… I DID have friends at home (a boyfriend)! Which led to me getting married while still in high school! However, we had 2 great kids… Danny is now 41 and Terri, 38. Nine years later, I found myself a divorced, single mom, living in Phoenix, Az. And like a couple others in Cruise Freeks, I also managed to travel down the road of abuse and became the “housemother” in a home for abused women. While there, I attended thousands of Al-Anon meetings, organized an Ala-Teen group for abused teen-agers and served on the Board of Directors for a home for abused teenage girls. I received quite an education, to say the least.

After a number of years, we moved back to Missouri and shortly thereafter, I got married again. Big mistake… You’d think I would have learned something, huh? But nope… I was married for 20 very long years before I was finally brave enough to say “I quit”. During that time, we lived in California and Hawaii. That means I've lived in 5 states! So… you think that would be it with the marriage stuff, huh? HA!! Wrong again!! I got married again almost 8 years ago. But… what they say is true… third time is a charm. I wish I had met him years ago!! Jerry is 68 and retired. He's 9 years older than I am and he’s the life of the party. Between the two of us, we have 10 kids (remember now… I only had 2!), 25 grandkids and 6 great grandkids!! Christmas at our house looks like something from “Animal House”!!

Over the years, I’ve worked as a booking agent, a concert producer (country music only, please… and there’s a story there), Marketing Director for a travel agency, wrote and published a travel magazine, and for the past 9 years I’ve been the Sr. Administrative Manager for TALX Corp. Love my job… love my company… love my boss…

My first cruise was in 1987 on the Tropicale… little bitty ship!!! We hit a storm while at sea and everyone got sea sick. But that didn’t stop me,.. I was in love with cruising!! My next cruise was on the Azure Seas… another little bitty ship. So, yes… I got sea sick again. Once I cruised on the larger ships, that was it. I never got sea sick again, so that’s where I’m staying… BIG BOATS!! I took Jerry on his first cruise in December of 2001 and he fell in love with it. He has now been on 3 cruises and I’ve been on a total of 20… my favorite was Alaska. If you’ve been there, you know why they call it God’s country… it’s amazingly beautiful. I’ve been on Carnival, NCL, and Royal Caribbean but Royal is by far, my favorite. Jerry prefers Carnival but that’s because he’s a partier and everyone knows Carnival loves to party!! Have you ever heard of the Carnival “Bucket heads”?? Well… That’s Jerry… you know how you get 5 or 6 bottles of beer in the wax buckets? Well… when the beer is gone, what do you do with the buckets? That’s right!! They become hats!! And there you are, sitting in the hot tub with wax buckets on your head!!

My username… bjjost… real original, huh? First and middle initials and last name... my middle name is Jo… I have no imagination. My major in college was journalism… you’d think I could have come up with something better!! I’m into music… I play several different instruments... I’m a scrapbooker… but couldn’t think of anything original!

So there… you’re all caught up on who I am, where I’ve been and where I’m going. Where I’m going??? That’s right!! December, 2010!! New York City and a cruise with all my new friends!!

I can’t wait to meet you all “for real”…
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi Bette Smile Nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks... it's great getting to know everyone!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Bette,

That was quite a story. It's nice to meet you! I love reading all these little bios on everyone! Thank you Pete, great idea!
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks, Jackie... it's amazing how much we all have in common, isn't it? As you read these bios, you find so many common threads. I think the reason is because WE'RE ALL LIKE ONE BIG FAMILY!!

Don't you just love it...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:55 am

It really is amazing! I think that this is my favorite thread to read by far! ( except maybe the one about the tacky dress...)

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Smiley-happy039

And I think we all blend rather nicely here, a very nice family indeed....!
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks... Very Happy

I think this is a great way to discover more things about each other. We will feel much more like friends when we meet!

Great bios everyone....keep them coming!

Back to top Go down
Big Red Robyn
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
Big Red Robyn

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Ok my turn. Hi I'm Robyn, I basically lurk and post over on the Princess boards but, I was a major cheerleader for the Oasis of the Seas Inaugural until they announced the date... No way I'm taking the kids out of school.

I'm born, raised, educated and still living in Northern New Jersey. I'm married to a wonderful guy for 12 years now and we have two great kids. After reading some of your bios I feel very, very boring...

I'm a stay at home Mom but, I worked retail before having my children. We're the typical suburban family. My husband works to support us and, I do the unglamorous stuff like housework, cooking and running the kids to their different activities.

I'm a Eucharistic Minister for our church, yes, we're very Catholic. And, I also teach CCD (Confraternity of Christian Doctrine) which is basically fancy way to say Sunday School.

Our first cruise came about with both my husband and I kicking and screaming about going. Some of our friends booked a cruise and the people originally scheduled to go with them backed out and, after begging, pleading and a bottle of wine, my husband and I caved in. So, here we go off to what we thought would be a dreadful time and instead were hooked the minute we stepped on board.

So once again, Hi, I'm Robyn... And yes I am a CRUISE FREEK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Robin...
There's nothing boring about being a "stay at home Mom"!! I have 2 of my grandkids right now for a week while their parents are in Cancun and I completely forgot what it was like to have kids at home!! There hasn't been a dull minute!! I need to go here... I need to go there... Mom & Dad... Please hurry home!!!

I have so much respect for Stay at Home Moms!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi Robyn,

Bette is so right! Nothing boring about working at home at domestic engineering and Day care provider! I babysit at home now that my kids are grown, and I have never been on the run more!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dan's bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 pm

OK - Here goes:

I'm Dan, brand new to this board, but have over 160 postings on CC. I am retired from The USAF Band in D.C. as a flute/piccolo/alto flute/recorder player. I also did some recording engineering and editing, as well as mixing sound for their rock band for a short period. I then got all of my pilot ratings and am now retired from a college in Wisconsin where I taught flying for 15 years. That's where the 'flutepilot' screen name comes from. The Air Force told me that my eyes would never allow me to fly Evil or Very Mad - but over 5,500 flight hours later.... Razz What can I say.

I have been married for just over two years to Judy, but we have been together for five years. I have a son, 17 and a daughter, 19 from a prior marriage, and am taking the son on the 'Rock the Waves' cruise if he manages to get his grades up. Yes, I am unashamedly bribing him.

My wife wonders how I ever found time for a full-time job, as I stay very busy in 'retirement'. I still play in two bands during most of the year and two other ones in the Summer.

I fell in love with cruising three years ago and just wish we had more money and time - Judy still works and we are still paying for this condo. I have always loved being on the water; that's why I knew I would love cruising.

That's about all for now. Dan
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Dan,
I probably heard you play as I used to live in Fredericksburg, VA. Through 22 years of teaching we had various opportunities for the military bands to come do concerts and performances in the area. Always loved to go. With the mention of the rock band it stirred up some memory that they also came to one of the schools I taught in.

Well welcome to the board. Hopefully I'll get to meet you on one of the cruises.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: General Cruise Topics :: I Just Have To Say...-
Jump to: