Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!

Go down 
+6
Former Cruise Critic
thevacationstop
4 Leaf Clover
Josh
Admin
Ajani
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajani
Charter Member
Charter Member
Ajani

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-08-07

CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Empty
PostSubject: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:20 pm

CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! CruiseCriticLogo2

CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Talkship

Dear Cruise Critic member,

Just as you use Cruise Critic to stay connected to a community of cruise fans
and occasionally, as well, to reach out to causes that make a difference in
your lives (many thanks to all those who participated in our first-ever On
Deck for the Cure effort this month, in conjunction with Holland America),
we're asking you to participate in a special cause-related effort.

TripAdvisor.com, our sister travel site, is donating $1 million to 5 great
nonprofits that help the people and places we encounter when we travel.
Here's where we come in. TripAdvisor.com is asking Cruise Critic members to
help it decide how to split the gift. With just a simple vote, you can support a great cause.

You've probably cruised to some of the places these charities help. Each
group is doing amazing work to help people and communities around the world.
Voting takes only a moment, so please speak up for a good cause.

Vote now.

Thank you,
Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief, Cruise Critic

Back to top Go down
http://rcclprojectgenesis.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm

TOO FUNNY! You know for a little board, CC seems to spend a lot of time watching what is going on over here.

They've been around HOW LONG - and it just happens that the same year Cruise Freeks - only 1 year old - starts charity projects - they copycat and do the same thing?

I don't know...seems odd to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Um, not quite copy cat. Wink

CF is putting up money to cover incentives and drawing prizes. We are organizing cruises where funds are rasied through the cruise fare and/or amenity points in addition to funds donated by CF and our official travel agents. The owner of this forum and its members are forking up their own money that's going to charity.

CC is pointing you to Trip Advisor to vote for a charity that TA willd donate to, not CC.

And On Deck for the Cure is a HAL program, not CC exclusive or created.

Where's the donations from CC and their agency sponsors? Anyone can talk charity and urge people to support some one else's charitable causes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:48 pm

While I find Cruise Critic's timing ironic, I think the bigger picture to focus on here is that people and organizations who really need help are going to be receiving it. And, while we're doing it in a grass roots type of way - we can hold our heads high and proud knowing that our results will come from the hard work and efforts of our board members, travel agents and anyone that donates to our selected fund raisers.

As a reminder - we actually have TWO fund raiser cruises in 2010.
While most of you are aware of our Halloween 2010 cruise on Oasis of the Seas for breast cancer. I also want to remind all of you that we also have set up a fund raising cruise for The Food Bank for New York City on our 4th of July week cruise on Caribbean Princess in 2010. We have not promoted it much yet since it is not open for booking, however, I am very pleased to announce that our travel agent in charge, Jeanie Beck, has already secured group space for us and our pricing for 2010 is LOWER than 2009!

For more information about our Food Bank fund raising cruise please visit:
http://www.caribbeanprincessjune282010.makeswebsites.com/

And for pricing please contact Jeanie Beck at jeanie@becktours.com
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
Josh
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Josh

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Nicely stated Tina!
Back to top Go down
4 Leaf Clover
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
4 Leaf Clover

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Agreed - much better to rise above it all.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Admin wrote:

And for 2009, The Vacation Stop is donating to the American Cancer Society, 50% of all commissions received for the Cruise Freeks Mariner of the Seas cruise leaving on 10/12/2009. We will also gladly pass on any additional donations that anyone want to make.

So get out there and help society by taking a cruise. How can you possibly have more fun working for charity than by taking a cruise?
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
Former Cruise Critic
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Former Cruise Critic

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 pm

And what part of this shocks anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 pm

After some snooping...

IndependentTraveler.com is published by The
Independent Traveler, Inc., a subsidiary of TripAdvisor LLC. The
Independent Traveler also publishes Cruise Critic.

IndependentTraveler.com is a member of the
TripAdvisor Media Network, an operating company of Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. also owns Expedia.com.

Ain't that interesting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Also after a check - CC groups are all going through one agency. Can you spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y?
Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:09 pm

They mention TripAdvisor is their sister site. Well, ok. (yes Nick I can spell Monopoly) Very Happy

http://blogs.courant.com/travel_columnists_leblanc/2007/06/the-expedia-empire.html

Quote :

Here's something to know. The independent travel Web sites we all use to plan our travels might not be quite as independent as we think they are.

For example, TripAdvisor recently bought the Independent Traveler, which owns the Cruise Critic Web site. So the premiere forum for travelers to share reviews of hotels now owns the premiere forum for cruise passengers to share their opinions of cruise lines and ships.
TripAdvisor, in turn, belongs to Expedia, one of the big three online travel agencies. And Expedia also owns Hotels.com and Hotwire.com, two leading discount travel agencies. (it goes on to mention other sites all owned by the same company)

Back to top Go down
flowers
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
flowers

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Ivanova wrote:
Um, not quite copy cat. Wink

CC is pointing you to Trip Advisor to vote for a charity that TA willd donate to, not CC.

They are owned by the same company, thats why CC can have CC members vote on how Trip Advisor should give money.

.... almost the same thing to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Can you spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y?

Isn't that a board game? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 pm

thevacationstop wrote:
Admin wrote:

And for 2009, The Vacation Stop is donating to the American Cancer Society, 50% of all commissions received for the Cruise Freeks Mariner of the Seas cruise leaving on 10/12/2009. We will also gladly pass on any additional donations that anyone want to make.

So get out there and help society by taking a cruise. How can you possibly have more fun working for charity than by taking a cruise?

Love it! bounce

I bet I can keep busy sailing just by doing the charity cruises! Hats off to this board and all of those who take the time to put these things together! I think a lot of people would love to be charitable and will jump at the chance to do it by selecting these cruises!
Back to top Go down
frannieburr
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: CC VS CF   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:29 pm

CF has contests whereas CC i have never seen any contest. I wish more people would find CF so that way we can we can have a bigger roll call on all cruises and get to know alot of people...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

frannieburr,

it's just a matter of getting the word out.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Admin wrote:
While I find Cruise Critic's timing ironic, I think the bigger picture to focus on here is that people and organizations who really need help are going to be receiving it. And, while we're doing it in a grass roots type of way - we can hold our heads high and proud knowing that our results will come from the hard work and efforts of our board members, travel agents and anyone that donates to our selected fund raisers.

While most of you are aware of our Halloween 2010 cruise on Oasis of the Seas for breast cancer. I also want to remind all of you that we also have set up a fund raising cruise for The Food Bank for New York City on our 4th of July week cruise on Caribbean Princess in 2010. We have not promoted it much yet since it is not open for booking, however, I am very pleased to announce that our travel agent in charge, Jeanie Beck, has already secured group space for us and our pricing for 2010 is LOWER than 2009!

For more information about our Food Bank fund raising cruise please visit:
http://www.caribbeanprincessjune282010.makeswebsites.com/

And for pricing please contact Jeanie Beck at [url=mailto://jeanie@becktours.com
jeanie@becktours.com[/quote[/url]]

Actually, don't we have 3 or 4 charity cruises? Alaska 2010 is a charity cruise, and didn't I read something about an Autism group on Carnival?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Jen, yes, you're right - that original post was written a while ago so that's why there were only two charity cruises stated at the time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I was thinking, that I thought CC did that a while ago! Duh! Just not used to seeing old posts come back, I guess. LOL!
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Also after a check - CC groups are all going through one agency. Can you spell M-O-N-O-P-O-L-Y?
Go directly to ****. Do not pass go etcetera. So long as the money goes to the right place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!   CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CC Steals Cruise Freeks Idea!
Page 1 of 1