Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio

Go down 
+24
Cruising Rays
Big Red Robyn
bjjost
chrystine
Immebsmom
Jfultz81
VJMorrow
Adirondack Pete
cruiseforme
mytee4ever
flowers
Carole
diaz loves 2 cruise
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
lolomeme
thevacationstop
darlene
taurus988
dream2cruise
Greta
JJ2sail
Admin
BrandonH61
NDJollyMon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bjjost
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
bjjost

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Dan... and Welcome!!

I used to play a flute... very short lived though. I played a clarinet all through school and we got to "experiment" with other instruments in Summer Band so I tried the flute, oboe, saxophone, trumpet and glockenspiel!! I really liked the flute and the sax but the oboe and trumpet tickled my lips too much. I can't even hum because it tickles!! Then I started playing the guitar and piano. Now... many years later, the only thing I can play is the radio!! But I am a music addict!! I used to produce concerts and was a sound and light tech too.

See? We all have so much in common!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:48 pm

I played flute, clarinet and piano in elementary and middle school. My daughter played flute as well at least 1/2 way through high school before dropping it.
Back to top Go down
Cruising Rays
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Cruising Rays

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Welcome Dan Gday

This was really the coolest idea. Reading the short bios on everyone is really fun. I like the personal aspect of it. Much more than just a screen name.

We will have our bio up tomorrow so you guys will know a little more about us also.

Kim and Mike Smile
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Ok people....no new bios posted since early in the month! Some of you are holding out! COME ON>>>>>>GIVE US SOMETHING! New members....jump right in. Post a short message about yourself so we can get to know you better.

THANKS to all who have participated. This really is a fun thread....don't let it die!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi all,

As many of you already know, my name is Candice "Candy" Cain. I use Candy Cain when I introduce myself to people, because it is not a name that they tend to forget. (Of course, that means that they call me by the full name when they meet me-- "Hi, Candy Cain!") During my acting days, when I was Candice Cook, I actually had a persona named Candy Cane. (I did a lot of characters, and Candy Cane was my ditzy news anchor.)

I was married before to a guy who married me just to get his Green Card, but I had no idea. It was a rough time in my life, as I just lost my 39 year old aunt in a suspicious car wreck. Loooong story there. Anyway, I was living in LA and acting on a TV show called Deadwood when my ex said "My two years is up," packed his stuff and left. He was a rotten guy, anyway, but that's besides the point. One of my best friends moved into my house with me and another came to visit a month later. They put me on Match.com so that I could "talk to some guys", since my ex didn't let me have any friends.

I was pretty blunt in my profile ("Mental Midgets Need Not Apply", etc.), and intended to let it cancel after the free 2 week period. The day before it ended, a guy named Craig contacted me. I didn't know his last name. A week later, a dozen roses showed up for me-- Craig tracked me down using a fugitive tracking service for the PD. I thanked him, but blasted him for knowing everything about me and me not knowing anything about him. He sent me a long email like a fact sheet, and his name read: CAIN, CRAIG. Joking around, I otld him we'd never be able to get married.

I went out with him a week later, thinking that it wasn't going to go anywhere. After all, my friends called me Candy at the time, and I truly wasn't going to marry someone that would make me Candy Cain. But, he brought me another dozen roses. So, we went out on a second date... The rest is history. I became Mrs. Candy Cain on April 9, 2005. And everyone, except for one of my bffs, stopped calling me Candy. My close friends and family call me "Can" anyway... That's why I usually sign my posts "Can".

ANYWAY... I have lived in 12 different states since 1994: NY, DC, MD, VA, FL, GA, TN, KY, CA , NC, SC and AK. Not military, just bored. I love, love, love to travel. I've always planned travel for my friends and family, making a little commission by using linkshare. In 2004, I joined PRT Travel, which is now known as GT Trends. I had no clue what a card mill was, and just wanted to work and travel at a discount. I booked our honeymoon at Sandals St. Lucia for $1400 for the week. It was awesome.

I booked over $45,000 in travel for friends and family in just 6 months. I never saw a commission check. When I called them to find out why, they asked me, "Oh, you are actually selling travel to other people?" I got a check for $15. Infuriated, I went to the Suffolk County offices in Riverhead and started my own company. I wanted to call it PRT Travel because I had soooo many other clients that knew me by that name, and I wasn't prepared when they told me that I needed to use words and not initials. So, I said "Popular Resorts..... ummm......" and my husband interjected "Transcontinental". So, that's what I named it.

I started Teen Trend Magazine in 2006 and sold it to ASM Publishing last year, but am still on as Editor-in-Chief until September. I started Multiples Magazine in 2007 and am currently looking to sell it so that I can be a full-time mom and travel agent. I do everything online, and have been doing pretty well (if I do say so myself).

Speaking of being a mom, I've got twins: Catherine and Charles. I'll save their birth story for another time, but they were born 3/14/08 and were nearly 7 weeks early. They turn 1 on Saturday. I can't believe it. I went through IVF to have them after 4 miscarriages From 1/06 - 4/07. You can ask me anything you want about IVF and twins, and I'll be happy to answer.

One more thing.... I've got 3 wonderful cats: Lenny, Squiggy and Pandora. My son is so allergic to them that we have had to bring him to the hospital twice (once via ambulance) due to his allergic reaction to them. If you want a cat (or three), please let me know. They are such good, lovable animals. It breaks our hearts to have to give them up, and we really want them to go to a good home (or homes).

Phew. That's an epic. Thanks for reading!

Candice

PS - Incidentally, if you are looking for ways to make extra money from home, I am absolutely the person to come to for advice.
Back to top Go down
fkurzweil
STAFF
STAFF
fkurzweil

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:21 am

Well folks my turn at the bio thing.

My name is Fred Kurzweil, and yes it is late at night so if this post goes astray, I am sorry. I am a staff member here at CFF. Reporting to whom I'd like to call "Mom" for now. Other names may follow....

I live in New Jersey yet I am a California boy -- grew up there, raised, etc. Attended (and actually graduated) from California State University Sacramento. My original idea in life? To join the California Highway Patrol, which in my opinion is still the best police force in the nation.

However, when I went through (and actually passed) all their testing, HIRING FREEZE. So what's next? After a few failed jobs, I connected with a start up company and continued working directly for a Vice President for many happy years. Got married, then got divorced. Next thing I know, I am in New Jersey...cuz my daughter is here.

Spent several happy years at an accounting firm as their office manager. I had a brief stint in Colorado (with the same company that employed me in California) but they went bankrupt. So I moved back to NJ. Currently I am with Aetna insurance as a corporate recruiter, but I am jumping ship (get it?) Aetna laid off 800 people last month. Anyhow, Tina and I have known each other for over 4 months and when she explained what she needed and wanted, I was ready.

My title, subject to change, is Director of Public Relations and Marketing. Which translates down to mopping the floor in the New York office and doing menial tasks such as making sure the roll of toilet paper is on correctly (I don't care is in winds clockwise or counter-clockwise, but some people are [more non intentional humor] anal about it).

I have a beautiful daughter, Jennifer, age 11 and she lives in NJ also. Now if anyone read and understood all that, you get an "A" because it was written well past my bed time.
Back to top Go down
fkurzweil
STAFF
STAFF
fkurzweil

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 am

Can, I loved reading your bio. Totally looking forward to meeting you and working with you; you have offered Cruise Freeks more than you already know.

As for the cat thing, they are my most treasured animals; yet my landlord won't let me have one. Sorry, I would love to take all three.

Looking forward to working with you. I noticed you didn't put NJ of your places that you lived. I understand that believe me!!!

Fred
PS - Your kids are adorable.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 am

Nice bios....welcome to the family!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:24 am

Can,

I understand Lenny & Squiggy ... guess I'm old ... but Pandora????

Our currents cats names are Portnoy, Kliban, and Purrsephene. Past cats have been Blondie and Hodge Podge. You don't wanna know where we get our names from.... Wink
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am

Hey, all!

Just thought I'd pop in before showering before my surgery. I'm sorry for such an epic bio... And I actually left a lot out!

Fred- Very nice to meet you! What, you're not coming on the Canary Island cruise??? I haven't seen any emails from you about it... Thanks for the compliment about my twins. Smile They're good babies.

Susan - My husband named the cats. He got them well before we got married; before we even met each other. He named her Pandora because he felt as though she was going to be a lot of trouble. (like Pandora's Box...)

Ron - Thanks for the welcome. Smile I am so happy to have found you all!

Candice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

candy - when you get home - i'm interested in how to make money at home - email me please.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:51 am

oesnjstar wrote:
candy - when you get home - i'm interested in how to make money at home - email me please.

Pat, you just need a good printing press and engraved plates, as well as the correct inks and paper. Just don't let the Secret Service anywhere near your home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:52 am

Steve,

not paper - linen. Wink
Back to top Go down
ndmomof4
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
ndmomof4

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 am

Candy i would also be interested in making money at home Great bio by the way My hubby is a twin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:10 am

you're right susan - it is actually material. at least i learned that when i went to the tour in d.c.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:12 am

I love touring Bureau of Engraving even if they don't give out free samples. Wink
Back to top Go down
chrystine
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser
chrystine

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am

Great bios! Thanks for sharing Smile Good luck today, Candy!
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:40 am

Ivanova wrote:
Steve,

not paper - linen. Wink

I knew that. My brain already thinks it's the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
PRTTravel

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 am

Hey, all-

here's the link to the article I wrote about making money from home:

http://www.multiplesmag.com/moneyhome.html

Tina - If i'm stepping on toes by posting that, I'm sorry! just delete this message.

Perhaps those of you not going on the Canary Island cruise can earn money in the ways I wrote about and use that to go next year. Smile Make sure you look at the Pricing thread-- It's not as expensive as you think it would be!!!

Candy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:42 pm

LOL apparently I fall under the "no talent" section - I've been posting stuff on ebay over the last month and have brought in a tidy sum of money - unfortunately it all goes to paying bills, and can't be put away for a future cruise (oh well). Wink
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE eBay!!! I need to get home and start listing. Seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

hubby has been going through the boxes we haven't unpacked in 3 years - came up with a ton of stuff to sell - another batch of stuff to donate (not worth the time trying to sell it) - and yet more stuff to throw away (not worth anything, and even charities are desperate enough to want it).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:57 pm

susan i put stuff up on ebay and pay a fee to sell it and then it doesn't sell but i'm stuck with paying the fees anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 pm

that is the drawback with ebay....in the past month I've had 37 auctions sell, and 17 did not. Of course I had to pay the listing fees on all 54, and the final value fee on the 34 successful ones, plus the paypal fees. I'm still ahead of the game right now though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:28 pm

i sold a phone not too long ago. it didn't sell the first time and it was a good chuck of change for the listing because it was listed for $350. so i relisted it for 300 and it sold so i paid new listing fees plus final value fees and then paypal charged me the 2% or whatever it is to take the credit card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next