Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio

Go down 
+24
Cruising Rays
Big Red Robyn
bjjost
chrystine
Immebsmom
Jfultz81
VJMorrow
Adirondack Pete
cruiseforme
mytee4ever
flowers
Carole
diaz loves 2 cruise
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
lolomeme
thevacationstop
darlene
taurus988
dream2cruise
Greta
JJ2sail
Admin
BrandonH61
NDJollyMon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:05 pm

see us girls know how to do it - we get younger husbands - so they can change our diapers.
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 am

first i would like to say congrats to ndjollymon on his most important high tech job, this is something he really loves to do cruise stuff, he is great at it and i am proud of him.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 am

NDJollyMon wrote:
why you....cradle robbers!

I'm younger than my wife too. Not by 6 months...but it still comes in handy!

I'm younger than my wife too! Except by only 8 days. You'd be surprised how much mileage you can get out of 8 days!
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
darlene
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:26 am

now this is my bio
I am darlene larson, i will be turning the crapping 55 on our cruise on emerald princess feb. 11, just getting way too old. i live in isanti minnesota its a smaller town about 40 miles from minneapolis. I am married to kent larson that is ndjollymons older brother he is also assistant fire chief in isanti. i have four children: jeremy 35 years old, kevin 32 years old, clifford 26 years old, and jennifer 24 years old she has just started her internship with american red cross she has just moved back home in order to finish her school so now we have a child back at home (a very broke child they don't pay her for internship) i also have 5 grandchildren calixto age 6, lance age 3, twin granddaugters kenzie and halle 10 months old, and lucashio 5 months. My husband is a self employed offset printer.

I own 2 scrapbooking stores, one is called Discount Scrapbooking/Stamping in Pine City, Minnesota and my newest one is D & K Scrap-n-Stamp in Cambridge, we did have the store in isanti in a building where our house is but we just out grew the spot so that's way we moved it to Cambridge.

I love to cruise our first cruise was enchantment of the sea royal and it was the best ever, one day my dream is to cruise alot more. I like to gamble, and I love to have fun, fun, fun and drink foo foo drinks with umbrella's on cruise ships.
also i am vice president of the isanti fire departments auxiliary.
Back to top Go down
thevacationstop
Host
Host
thevacationstop

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 am

Here's my bio:

I'm Steve Mencik, owner of The Vacation Stop. I'm one of the TA's that Tina has graciously allowed to be one of the Cruise Freek Official TA's. I'm also the one causing all the confusion on the boards by moving everything around the last week or so.

I was born in North Jersey, but moved to South Florida when I was 9. After college I moved to Maryland to take a job with the NSA. I've been working in the Information Security field either for NSA or one of their contractors since 1981. Currently I still work for Raytheon.

I have an entrepreneurial spirit though. I started a Sports Card business in 1991. I started a website design and hosting company in 1996. I started my travel agency in 2004. All 3 are still operating. Once in a while I get a chance to sleep!

I met my wife Jean in 1986. We were engaged in 1987, and married on 1/16/88. We have 3 children. Kari will be 20 in February and is a sophomore at UMBC. Amanda will be 17 in February and is a Junior in High School. Robert is 12 (13 in August) and is in the 7th grade. If you are going on the July 1st - 5th QM2 cruise, you'll get to meet all of us.

Jean was on a cruise long before we met. Our first cruise was 9/16/01. Yes, that was just 5 days after 9/11. Some friends of ours wanted to cruise for their 25th anniversary and none of their families wanted to go with them. So we did. The ship was half empty due to the cancellations, but we had a great time. We also got some great bargains, as the shop owners in St. Thomas thought they might never see American tourists again. Jean's parent's offered to watch our kids for a week every fall so we could get away by ourselves and have been taking advantage of that to cruise every year since. After a couple of years, I decided that I should learn about the industry and open a business that I could grow over time and take into retirement with me. Hence, The Vacation Stop.

My mother has joined this forum as well, but I'll let her post her own bio if she sees this category.

I look forward to helping any of you with your trips, or just simply answering your questions here on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://thevacationstop.com
lolomeme
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
lolomeme

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 am

Hi everyone, what a great idea Pete you had to post these Bios. Being a fairly new person here, it is great to find out a little something about each and every one of you.

I guess I'm the "old" lady on board, I will be 71 in March. My husband is the "older" guy and he will be 73, also in March. We were married 50 years this past October.

I met and married my husband while I was still in college. When I graduated I was expecting Steve of "The Vacation Stop". We had 2 daughters after that and left North Jersey for Florida in 1969. Our youngest child had a immune problem, and the Jersey doctors felt she would do better in a warmer climate. We have been residents of Florida since then.

Steve failed to mention in his bio that although our kids are 3 yrs apart in age, they all did us in starting in April 1987 when our oldest daughter got married, followed 8 weeks later by our youngest daughter's wedding, followed by 7 months later, Steve's wedding., which by the way, his anniversary is this Friday! 3 big weddings in 9 months put us in the poor house for awhile!

We are very proud of all our kids, and now can boast 7 grandkids, from college age down to pre-kindergarten. We only have one child left in Florida, for Steve is in Maryland, and our youngest lives in Georgia.

My husband & I took our first cruise in 1997. I had always been afraid of being sea-sick! I still rely on the patch! Since then, we have been on 2 Carnival, 4 Holland America, 4 Celebrity, 4 Princess, 1 RCCL, 1 MSC, and 1 Russian river cruise. We had a great time on them all! We have traveled to the Orient, All over Europe& South America. We have been many times to the Caribbean, but only since it is so easy to take from Florida. We also touk a cruise tour to Alaska. I guess you have figured out we love to travel.

My husband worked in engineering, and I was a HS Math teacher. We are both retired now. We are looking forward to meeting everyone on the Mystery Cruise.

Lois

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Event

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 am

oesnjstar wrote:
see us girls know how to do it - we get younger husbands - so they can change our diapers.

Pat, you are funny! I almost spit my coffee out on that one! I am also a member of the younger husbands, only by a month & 9 days, but for that short amount of time, he reminds me alot!

O.K. Newbie stepping in here. My name is Jackie ( 47) & myhusbands name is Jeff (47, he caught up a few weeks ago!) We live in Upstate NY, in the beautiful Finger lakes area, on Canandaigua Lake. We are High school swwethearts who married right out of High School. This June, we will celebrate our 28th anniversary. We have 2 children, a son , Josh, who is 27, and a daughter , who is 25. Jami was married 1 1/2 years ago, and lives a few miles away. They have 2 dogs, my grandpuppies, Minion & Iggy. Their pictures are posted over under the pets thread. Josh works with my husband. Jami stays at home. Her many health issues prevent her from working, other than things she can do at home on the computer. She was diagnosed with Cancer at age 3, underwent a bone marrow transplant, and is in remission still. She also had a kidney transplant at 17, as all the cancer treatments caused her kidneys to fail. My sister donated the kidney, and both are doing great right now. She is my little inspiration as I was diagnosed with breast cancer 7 years ago, and then again 2 years ago. Throughout my treatments, Jami was right there for me, kind of trading places from years ago. I am just finishing my reconstruction this year, I have my final surgery in Feb. All in life is good!

Jeff is in communications business. The company he is with contracts with NY State Police, prisons, and tower sites all over NY. I worked at a bank until Jami was diagnosed, then resigned to be able to take care of her. That is when I started babysitting for a few friends, and have been home providing Day Care ever since. I Love my job, it's the greatest in the world! I also sometimes work part-time in the evenings as a guest co-ordinator at a spa down on the lake. That is alot of fun as well.

Our first cruise was on the Grand Princess in 2004. Jeff was very hesitant at first, but once onboard, we were hooked! In 2006, we sailed on The Mariner of the Seas. Fell in love with RCCL. In 2008, we tried the Caribbean Princess, but decided we were more impressed with Royal Caribbean, so now in the process of booking the Oasis for April 2010, and then of course the Holiday cruise, which I am so very excited for! I can't wait to meet all of you.

In our spare time, we both enjoy riding our Harley Davidsons. Jeff drives an 04 Wide Glide. I drive an 06 Lowrider. Jeff has always called me Mama, then when we got the bikes, it was HarleyMama, so when i was trying to think of a name for here, I thought that we are either cruzin on the bikes, or cruzin on a ship, so cruzinmama seemed to make sense. Smile

This thread is a great idea. It gives us newbies a way to get to know all of you better, and a chance for all of you to know a little about us.I am a refugee from another board, but since finding this one, it feels like home. Everyone is so friendly here. Thank you all for making this such a nice place to be!

~Jackie
Back to top Go down
taurus988
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
taurus988

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 am

Nice meeting you all through this thread!

Jackie, we are neighbors! Maybe we'll run into you at Fingerlakes Race track!?
How small the world is. :-)

Are well all keeping warm & toasty with this snowy frosty weather?
Wishing we were on a cruise this am over breakfast...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 am

jackie - my husband had a sportie when i met him and then i bought a 883 hugger and rode until i was diagnosed with liver disease. actually it wasn't the liver disease that made me stop riding - it was the chemo that made me ache till i thought my bones would break. but the funniest was we had a water bed at the time and i started to have a harder and harder time 'rolling' out of it and one day i had to stay in bed all day until my husband came home because i couldn't get out of it. so we bought a real mattress that night.

lolomeme - you are not the old lady here - my friend carol when she gets back is 71 and her husband is 77 and they are going strong. they are away until mid march now driving up and down the east coast visiting family. she'll check in now and then but i'll get her to post her bio when she gets back for good. i know she'll check in for the italy contest.

so to all the survivors and the ones still going thru it - just give it up to God. I just live my life and let him worry about the rest.

Pat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 am

"so to all the survivors and the ones still going thru it - just give it up to God. I just live my life and let him worry about the rest."

AMEN...

Pam, how funny! We go there occasionally. There is a big Snowmobile race happening there in february that we might go check out. Might as well have some fun with the cold so abounding here! Maybe we'll meet up sometime! And yes, I wish we were on a cruise right now! Brrrrrr..... Although not as cold as Pete!

Pat, seems we have alot in common! My first bike was a 883 Sporty. Loved it, but was too uncomfortable on long rides, so I upgraded 3 years ago to the Lowrider. Love it! We have some friends that live in Lykens, PA, and we ride there alot to see them. Love PA for riding! Your water bed experience sounds like when I was 9 months pregnant with my son. Couldn't get out of it! Jeff had to roll me out. That next year we bought our "regular" mattress! Ha!

Nice to meet you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Well here's my Reader's Digest version of my life... I graduated high school early (and I have the honor to say I share the same alma mater as Jack Nicholson - Manasquan High School in Manasquan, NJ) and begin my college career at the age of 17 and, it was during my college years where I met the guy would who be the first serious relationship of my life. He happened to be a musician with a lot of talent. After college I went to work for AT&T and hated every minute of it. Soon after starting with AT&T I was approached to help with a government assignment within the company, and, while I still hated what I was doing but, I got to travel - a lot - which was good because my then musician boyfriend was on the road and, I could take advantage of stop-overs to meet him the various locations of where they would be playing. I also got to meet a few pretty famous rock musicians along the way. Things got bad after a while and, drinking and drugs entered the picture and, soon I became and easy target of both verbal and physical abuse. I did my best to hang on but in the end, after being beaten and left for dead. I had to end it.

After that fiasco I needed a complete change and that's exactly what I did. I went back to school at the local community college and earned a certificate in Travel and Tourism. With my new certificate in hand, I began my career in travel in a very tiny but, very high end full service travel agency in Bernardsville, NJ. The owner of the agency was just two years old than me and, after a few years together, she decided she wanted to be a full time Mom, and, sold me the business at ridiculously low price. This is right around the time when airlines stop paying 10% commission and went to the flat rate - I knew the days of no commission from the airlines were coming (call it foresight) and, began focusing heavily on cruising. And, took my first cruise on Monarch of the Seas and, knew I was in the right place at the right time - I was hooked on cruising. This was also the time when the Internet was really just starting to catch on and, I knew it would be big so I was one of the first cruise agencies online. And, I was an early member of Cruise Critic...

Then 9/11 happened - I had to make some decisions in order to survive. I closed the office and became home based. Luckily, I had a huge client base and, didn't have any trouble making the transition. However, I had been diagnosed with breast cancer at that time and, luckily I over came that battle thanks to early detection. A few more years pass and, I was taken down yet a different path when I was approached to do some travel writing, so, after giving it thought, and, having truly been burnt out with being a travel agent. I closed the office and began my writing. In the meantime, CC was changing and not for the better and, that's when I figured if they can do it, so, can I and...

In August, 2007 Cruise Freeks was launched and, here we are today, with almost 1300 members and have grown mainly by word of mouth. The goal now is to see how big we can grow and, get people cruising to help support the various charities we are supporting with our group cruise efforts.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Admin wrote:
Well here's my Reader's Digest version of my life... I graduated high school early (and I have the honor to say I share the same alma mater as Jack Nicholson - Manasquan High School in Manasquan, NJ) and begin my college career at the age of 17 and, it was during my college years where I met the guy would who be the first serious relationship of my life. He happened to be a musician with a lot of talent. After college I went to work for AT&T and hated every minute of it. Soon after starting with AT&T I was approached to help with a government assignment within the company, and, while I still hated what I was doing but, I got to travel - a lot - which was good because my then musician boyfriend was on the road and, I could take advantage of stop-overs to meet him the various locations of where they would be playing. I also got to meet a few pretty famous rock musicians along the way. Things got bad after a while and, drinking and drugs entered the picture and, soon I became and easy target of both verbal and physical abuse. I did my best to hang on but in the end, after being beaten and left for dead. I had to end it.

After that fiasco I needed a complete change and that's exactly what I did. I went back to school at the local community college and earned a certificate in Travel and Tourism. With my new certificate in hand, I began my career in travel in a very tiny but, very high end full service travel agency in Bernardsville, NJ. The owner of the agency was just two years old than me and, after a few years together, she decided she wanted to be a full time Mom, and, sold me the business at ridiculously low price. This is right around the time when airlines stop paying 10% commission and went to the flat rate - I knew the days of no commission from the airlines were coming (call it foresight) and, began focusing heavily on cruising. And, took my first cruise on Monarch of the Seas and, knew I was in the right place at the right time - I was hooked on cruising. This was also the time when the Internet was really just starting to catch on and, I knew it would be big so I was one of the first cruise agencies online. And, I was an early member of Cruise Critic...

Then 9/11 happened - I had to make some decisions in order to survive. I closed the office and became home based. Luckily, I had a huge client base and, didn't have any trouble making the transition. However, I had been diagnosed with breast cancer at that time and, luckily I over came that battle thanks to early detection. A few more years pass and, I was taken down yet a different path when I was approached to do some travel writing, so, after giving it thought, and, having truly been burnt out with being a travel agent. I closed the office and began my writing. In the meantime, CC was changing and not for the better and, that's when I figured if they can do it, so, can I and...

In August, 2007 Cruise Freeks was launched and, here we are today, with almost 1300 members and have grown mainly by word of mouth. The goal now is to see how big we can grow and, get people cruising to help support the various charities we are supporting with our group cruise efforts.

Hey cover girl, you left out some important facts - like how we met! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm

PaddyGoesCruising wrote:
Hey cover girl, you left out some important facts - like how we met! Very Happy

Listen laddy Wink certain things and you know what I mean don't get discussed here, understood? And, yes, Patrick and I go way back to the 1980s when we met working in a hotel in Spring Lake, NJ.
Back to top Go down
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:22 pm

You mean Nick has managed to keep his mouth closed too? Amazing! Ok, understood and, I'll get to work on my bio. Tina, I left you and Leanna a PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Well hello there, I'm Patrick but I also answer to Paddy. I come from the land of leprechauns - the Emerald Isle known as Ireland. Born in Dublin and grew up just outside on a large horse farm which is my family business. We raise, train and show horses for a living. I've led a pretty uneventful life but, never found Ms. Right. I always end up getting my heart crushed by picking out the wrong one who either cheats on me or doesn't like what I do for a living and a thousand other reasons. But, I know she's out there, I just have to find her!

I was educated at Trinity University and took a year aboard and ended up staying the summer and working at grand hotel at the New Jersey shore in Spring Lake, NJ where I met our board administrator Tina for the first time. This was 1984. Tina and I have been friends ever since and share many of the same interests and passions such as horses and traveling.

My first cruise was on a Cunard ship, the Caronia, this was way back in the 1970s, and, I've been cruising ever since. While Cunard will always be my first love as far as cruise lines, I have tried many others and for me it's toss up between Princess and Celebrity for mainstream lines.

Looking forward to meeting you Freeks in person!
Back to top Go down
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
Charter Member
Charter Member
Cruise Virgin Vinnie

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi I'm Vinnie from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York, and, I work in the restaurant supply business. Strangely enough, I started out in life planning on becoming a professional chef. I studied at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) in Hyde Park, New York but, through some unexpected twists of fate, I ended up in the restaurant supply business and, I use my cooking skills at home - which makes my wife a very happy lady! Laughing

My screen name was used over on CC and, I just took the same name when I came over here, although I am very happy to say I am no longer a cruise virgin. And, I no longer am a member of CC since being banned for placing contact information for a group cruise that wasn't part of CC. Rolling Eyes

My first cruise ever was on Carnival Destiny and, I was hooked from the moment I stepped on to the ship. Since then my wife and I have cruised on NCL (twice), Royal Caribbean (three times), Princess (twice), and Carnival (six times). We love all the lines! And, you can imagine how thrilled we were when the opened up the cruise terminal in Red Hook, Brooklyn - in less than 20 minutes we can be at the cruise terminal! DocDance

I knew a few of the screen names from CC like Nick Needs to Know but, never had the chance to make friends over there. A few pleasant words here and there but, that was it. I was thrilled when Tina started this board and welcomed the change from the strict CC policies.

I'm enjoying the friendships I am making on here and, can't wait for our Christmas, 2010 cruise on Royal Caribbean and, yes, I'm grabbing all the glory for this one - it was my idea!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 pm

tina - i too graduated high school at 16 and my first husband was a heroin addict who beat me and left me for dead. so many years later i couldn't have been more blessed to meet such a great man that i am married to and my first husband succumbed to heroin 20+ years ago.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Great bios everyone! Keep them coming...we are learning lots about each other!
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:34 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:

Look at Pete in his shinny new tournout gear. I bet it still has the tags on it too! lol
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Ronrocks wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:

Look at Pete in his shinny new tournout gear. I bet it still has the tags on it too! lol

Ha! No...mine actually gets used. Today, I was wearin' the crash gear. Just back from an aircraft emergency.
I look like a human baked pototo. geek

PS...did you ever wear Firewear brand gear? Bunch of FF's have heavy metal poisoning from the fire retardant chemical used in them. We are going to be tested....we wore it for years. Maybe that will explain all my goofy symptoms....
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/
diaz loves 2 cruise
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
diaz loves 2 cruise

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm

My turn! Hi, I'm Steve and I'm originally from Puerto Rico, and, I call Arecibo (Puerto Rico) home. Arecibo is where the big telescope is located, and, that's where my Father worked. So, I spent my childhood learning about the stars and space. When it was time for college, I came up to the Bronx to live with family while I attended Fordham University. I graduated with my BS degree in Chemistry and, I now work in the pharmaceutical industry working on clinical trial drugs, and, I live in New Jersey with my wife and children.

You would think growing up in the Caribbean that I would have been life long cruiser but, honestly, I never gave cruising any thought other than spending Saturday night watching The Love Boat. Then I met my wife who was in the travel business at that time, well, one time and I've been hooked ever since. We cruise three to four times per year all depending on the length of cruise, and, we even have the kids involved in the planning at this point! So, we're raising a family of cruisers.

I am amazed at the overall friendliness of this board and, it's been a pleasure getting to know everyone. Pete, this was an excellent idea and, it's fun learning about everyone's background and how they became "Cruise Freeks" Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:21 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
Ronrocks wrote:
NDJollyMon wrote:

Ha! No...mine actually gets used. Today, I was wearin' the crash gear. Just back from an aircraft emergency.
I look like a human baked pototo. geek

PS...did you ever wear Firewear brand gear? Bunch of FF's have heavy metal poisoning from the fire retardant chemical used in them. We are going to be tested....we wore it for years. Maybe that will explain all my goofy symptoms....

nope..ne heavy metal poisoning here..I am fine *twitch twitch* affraid
Back to top Go down
Carole
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Carole

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:33 pm

My name is Carole and my husband is John. Our first cruise was in 1999 on the Grand Princess. We were hooked. We booked our next cruise just 6 days after we got home. We booked it on the same ship and same ports. We took our teenagers and they had a blast. We have been on 6 cruises and are booked on our seventh leaving in 59 days!!!!

We live on the Gulf Coast of Texas (YUCK) and are trying to find a way to relocate to another state. Had enough of this heat and those hurricanes. We have between us, 5 kids, 9 grandkids. Three of our kids were in the military at the same time, Army, Air Force and Navy. Then my son got of the Army and married an army girl, so now we have another military brat. Our Air Force daughter is in California and our Army daughter in law is in Germany. My son was in Iraq for year and now his wife will go to Afghanistan in March.

My son and our Navy daughter are both out of the service now. We still have two in, so life is interesting. Of course with nine grandkids, it is intersting too.

My husband is a supervisor for a large company and I am a computer tech for our school district. I also teach technology courses at our local college. I build websites too (on the side).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm Marina and, I'm a Cruise Freek Very Happy I'm a New York City girl, born, raised and educated in Manhattan's Upper West Side. I run a business concierge service where I do everything from get theater tickets to help arrange corporate parties. It's a fun job because I never know what each will bring. I met Tina about 10 years ago when she was putting together a honeymoon package and needed my help in getting impossible tickets for a Broadway show.

I've been cruising since I'm a child, mainly on Cunard, but, I've been on the mainstream lines too, but, my first love will remain Cunard. Watching this board grow as been a wonderful journey. From watching what was an idea grow into a pretty good success story so far!

I'm Marina, and, I proudly say I am a Cruise Freek!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next