Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio

Go down 
+24
Cruising Rays
Big Red Robyn
bjjost
chrystine
Immebsmom
Jfultz81
VJMorrow
Adirondack Pete
cruiseforme
mytee4ever
flowers
Carole
diaz loves 2 cruise
Cruise Virgin Vinnie
lolomeme
thevacationstop
darlene
taurus988
dream2cruise
Greta
JJ2sail
Admin
BrandonH61
NDJollyMon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

I like to buy from eBay....just never sold anything.
I'm sure I could find a treasure chest of crap to get rid of too.
I'm more of a....give it away to the Salvation Army kind of guy....
Back to top Go down
http://cruise-aritaville.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 pm

listing it twice should have cost you mp more than $15 total ... and then the final value fee should've been less than $15, and Papal's fees are 2.9% plus 30 cents. So $300 paid would be assessed $9. So you should've still made about $250 on the sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 am

I just spent the last hour reading this thread and have gotten to know all of you all better, and therefore I thought I would share a few things about me. I am one of the few Canadians that I see on this great board. There may be more Canadians on this board, but other than Lordoftime, I don’t see many others active members who have identified themselves as Canadian. But it doesn’t matter where we are from … we all have one thing in common … we are passionate about cruising and travelling. Okay now about me!!

I live in a small village about 45 minutes from Toronto, Ontario with my dear husband, and two daughters, and our dog, Charlie and cat, Skeeter. I am an HR Manager and love my job. But I am also a planner, and love planning events and trips even more, especially where I will go on our next cruise. My husband called me a cruise freak even before I found this group. But he doesn’t object when I suggest or book our next cruise … he loves cruising as much as I do and is happy he has me to do all the planning. We are quite the couple … he is a fun loving Irish man and I’m a hot headed, passionate Maltese.

We took our first cruise on our honeymoon 10 years ago and immediately loved it. Nine months to the date of our first cruise, we welcomed our first daughter into the world. Our girls took their first cruise last year and loved it as well. Other than cruising and my family, my other passions include scrapbooking and cooking.

My family has been hit hard by breast cancer, and this has been my charity of choice. After my mom and aunt died 4 years ago from breast cancer, I became a leader for a team of 4 women who raised $12,000 for breast cancer and walked 60 kilometers over 2 days. This was one of my greatest accomplishments. I still get involved in charity work, but the 60 km did my knees in and I would never be able to walk that distance again. I did do the 5 km walk for breast cancer on the Princess cruise we were on last year.
Back to top Go down
fkurzweil
STAFF
STAFF
fkurzweil

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:38 am

Welcome aboard, Livabeth and my sincere sympathy on your losses. This is a great site, fun and simple. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Back to top Go down
Adirondack Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Adirondack Pete

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:41 am

[quote="Livabeth"][size=12]I just spent the last hour reading this thread and have gotten to know all of you all better, and therefore I thought I would share a few things about me. I am one of the few Canadians that I see on this great board. There may be more Canadians on this board, but other than Lordoftime, I don’t see many others active members who have identified themselves as Canadian.

Livabeth, I was born and raised in a small town on the border of NY and Ontario.
Massena is named after a Napoleonic Marshall and I believe that symbolizes how
the distinction between American (U.S) and American (Canadian) is blurred. An
imaginary political line does erase the fact that I grew up freezing, watching CBC,
eating Poutine and attending Mass every Sunday just like people in Cornwall, Ont
did. So yes Livabeth you do have a kindred spirit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 am

Livabeth....I grew up in Timmins and did my undergrad in Toronto at York. I live in the US but still a canadian and will never change that. My kids all love cruising too.
Back to top Go down
PRTTravel
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host
Travel Agent and Bi-Lingual Host

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Livabeth - Nice to meet you! Your bio is terrific. I'm sorry for all of the struggles that you have met with breast cancer. You should be very proud of yourself for what you have raised. If you ever want to do a cruise that benefits breast cancer, let me know. I am happy to donate 75% of my commission to your cause.

Candice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Everybody knows that Cruise Freeks is doing a fund-raiser for the Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, right?

http://www.halloweencruise2010.makeswebsites.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Nick Needs To Know wrote:
Everybody knows that Cruise Freeks is doing a fund-raiser for the Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, right?

[url=http://www.halloweencruise2010.makeswebsites.com/
http://www.halloweencruise2010.makeswebsites.com/[/quote[/url]]
yes we do.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:25 pm

mnmomof4 wrote:
Livabeth....I grew up in Timmins and did my undergrad in Toronto at York. I live in the US but still a canadian and will never change that. My kids all love cruising too.

Hey...do you know Shania Twain....Penny? cheers
I think she came from that town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm

doesn't Shania live somewhere in Europe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:37 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
mnmomof4 wrote:

Hey...do you know Shania Twain....Penny? cheers
I think she came from that town.

Yes Pete...Shania and I come from the same home town. It's a fairly small town 45,000 and we lived in different areas and went to different schools. I think my parents saw her perform at amateur hour at some bars back in the olden days. She was living in a chateau in switzerland but I'm not sure if she stayed there after her husband was having an affair with her friend. They have a big shania Twain center in timmins....spent way too much money on it.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I thought that was the town! I've watched every TV special she's had. That woman just 'bleeds' talent. (and she's great eye candy too!) Laughing

I saw her live show before she became a hermit. Spectacular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 pm

NDJollyMon wrote:
(and she's great eye candy too!) Laughing

My husband agrees..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 pm

what i don't get is a husband named mutt that looks like one - married to shania twain and has the gonads to cheat on her. what the heck is that about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:25 pm

as my husband would explain, all men are pigs.
Back to top Go down
NDJollyMon
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
NDJollyMon

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 pm

He has power. She has talent.
Power + Talent = Superstar.

With the exception of maybe Britney Spears. All she needed to do was act like a slut. Twisted Evil You are right....men are pigs.
Back to top Go down
UtahCouple
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:21 am

Ummm... Hi there... heh...

OK! I have a sneaking suspicion that I might just be a cruise freek. But I haven't been on one yet so I can't confirm! But I'm amazed at the ships size, accommodations, great food, love the thought of being out in the open see with all kinds of new interesting people to get to know, and food I keep hearing about, and the excursions and relaxation, and food, and dancing... did I mention food? (The food thing is all your fault btw! It seems like every post here turns to food somehow, and then it turns to what kind of food is on cruise ships, and then you post pictures, then I just end up hungry and drooling while I eat my pop-tarts for dinner) ;p heh..

Anyway! As my name indicates I'm from Utah. My name is Shawn and my wifes name is Erin. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary Jan 1st of this year!!! WOOT We're both 28 years old, (Erin Oct 29th, Myself June 4th) and yes that means we were married at 18 (it's common in Utah) we were high school sweethearts and we have a TON of fun together. Two children, my girl Avery (7yrs old) is a princess and a really girly girl, and my boy Carter (6yrs old) is a freaking stud and is the complete definition of a little turd. Honestly I have the most fun ever with my wife and 2 kids, they're my best friends and we have SUCH a good time together I love em all to death.

My life story is complicated but pretty un-eventful, a lot of moving, a lot of jobs up until 7 years ago. Was with Stock Building Supply for 7 years and just got laid off about 3 weeks ago. I'm now running my own business in computer repair. It's brand new, but it's already picking up speed and my reputation is growing faster than I anticipated, so I'm loving it, and wondering if me being laid off was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'll try to get Erin to do a little bio on here for herself too, but no promises, getting her to slow down to do anything that takes more than 20 seconds is a chore.

I noticed something reading through this thread though, and I think I might like this board because I feel so young here. Aside from Jennifer I think we're the youngest I've seen so far. How do you guys put up with young whipper snappers like me? lol!

Other than that, I found this quiz in my e-mail so anything else you guys need to know I'm sure you can find it in here.

First Name? Shawn.
Were you named after someone? Nope, my middle name after my father though.
When was the last time you cried? PSHAH! Men don't cry, we grit our teeth and make noises like we're in labor and sound like we're trying to breath through a coffee straw, but we don't cry... and I haven't made those noises for a long time I'm proud to admit.
Favorite Lunch Meat? Yes Please
Do you still have your tonsils? NO but this is an interesting question, because the surgery to get them out almost killed me! Never thought it was such a dangerous procedure!
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not if I don't have to!
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Oh Oh! It used to be some Banana Rendevous or something from Cold Stone... now I'm restricted because of my Spark People team! ;p
Shoe Size? What in the WORLD does that matter? 12... Does that mean anything special? Maybe if you take me bowling you can get my rental shoes ready for me now!
Red or Pink? ... ... . Wait is this quiz for girls? Where's the questions like Deer Hunting? or Duck Hunting? I guess if I have to choose I'm going with Red.
Who do you miss the most? Umm.. Chris Farley! RIP David Spade will never be funny again now that you're gone.
Last thing you ate? CRAP... is my spark people team reading this?? .. It was a little thing of Sixlets. C'mon guys it was a little pack that has like 6 little choc sixlet candies.. and I only ate like... 3 of them. LoL.. maybe this quiz thing wasn't such a good idea after all.
If you were a Crayon which color would you be? Seriously!?!? What kind of question is this... I am NOT a Crayon! ... (I'd be blue one)
Favorite Smell? I'm one of those weird people that likes the smell of Gasoline and Burnt Matches... great combo right?
Last person you talked to on the phone? Erin, I hate the phone though, I avoid it like the plague when I can.
Eye Color? Blue
Favorite Food? Now we're talking, this is a much better question!! STEAK!!!
Scary Movies or Happy Endings? ... This IS a female quiz, I knew it! Where's the Action/Comedy option???
Last movie you watched at a theatre? We don't go often anymore, hate people that sit and talk during the movie, it makes me want to go Chuck Norris on em. We did go to see Batman (Dark Knight) though.
Summer or Winter? Neither, Spring and Fall FTW!
Hugs or Kisses? ... ERGH I should just delete this question. Stupid girly quiz.
Favorite Dessert? Good ole fashion BROWNIES!
What books are you reading? Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin (GREAT SERIES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
.. Ok is this almost over yet?
What did you watch last night? The computer screen while I re-installed windows on another PC
Favorite Sounds? Now this is an interesting one! I'd have to say #1 Rain and Thunder, I always open my window on a rainy night. (Good old Eddie Rabbit, great song!) Being an outdoor nut I love the peace and queit of the outdoors and a crackling fire. I guess nothing can outdo my childrens laughter though.
Furthest you've been from home? Columbus Ohio, but it was on business, does that count?
What's your special talent? hmmm... I guess I'm handy with computers... good at video games... can handle lots of liquor. Is stubborn a talent?
Favorite singer right now? Favorite band would be Nickelback atm. Really digging their music.
Favorite song right now? Untouched by The Veronicas... yeah I know it's kind of a weird choice for a guy like me, but something about it I really like.
What scares you? Ha me?? I'm not scared of nuttin'!! .. yeah.. actually I'm not necessarily scared of them I guess, but I hate snakes and spiders... not fond of heights either. But my only real FEAR I think is losing one of my family. I don't fear my own death, but I fear theirs more than anything.
One thing you want to do before you die? Easy, tour Scotland with my family and see some of the old castles still standing that my ancestors helped build while cruising the land and seeing all the sites. I'm a big William Wallace history buff too.

Since they didn't ask it Deer Hunting or Duck Hunting? Deer Hunting

Wow that was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be... heh.. Sorry about that! Wink
Back to top Go down
Greta
Travel Agent
Travel Agent

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:45 am

Shawn, great bio. Love your sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.purpleparrottravel.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:48 am

mnmomof4 wrote:

Penny, it is nice to see a fellow Canadian and Pete the border cities are like very close cousins!!

Thanks for your kind words about the best cancer problems in my family. I took a look at the Hallowe'en 2010 cruise on the Oasis ... looks like a good option. We are still trying to decide where to go in 2010. I don't think i can wait until the fall to cruise in 2010 so therefore we are looking for a winter 2010 cruise.

Shawn, i love your little "girly" quiz. I have received these regularly from friends and always fill them in ... its loads of fun to read what others write.

Happy Sunday all .. enjoying my coffee while hangin with the freeks. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 am

livabeth - i'm on the independence march 28 2010 - join me. jeanie beck is doing my travel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 am

oesnjstar wrote:
livabeth - i'm on the independence march 28 2010 - join me. jeanie beck is doing my travel.

Pat, this is the one you are doing with your niece, correct?? It looks great, but i really want to do one that is 7 days or longer. We are considering the EOS for January 2010 so that we can drive to the port. But there are so many options we aren't really sure. Too many ships, too little time off and too little money!!

BTW ... i love your avatar!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:26 am

Livabeth...let me know what you find...I'm also looking at jan 2010. Carnival freedom has an 8 day cruise from Florida that goes to Panama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:49 am

livabeth - i have a group of us interested in february 10 out of bayonne - you should join us. nice valentines day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:51 am

and i agree i like more than 7 days but what i'm doing to remedy that is flying to florida a little early and i'll take my niece to the everglades and there's nothing like the sights from a sidewalk cafe in south beach
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio   Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to Know Your Fellow Cruise Freeks! Post your bio
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next