Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misc .part 3.........

Go down 
+3
K2
sanjoseca
powderqn
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:16 am

Welcome home PQ!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Wondering how Ruttie is feeling??
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:42 pm

Got home yesterday around 2:30 (it was a 8 night cruise). Weather was perfect on the cruise and the seas were flat. We had lots of fun, and the ports were great. Home today getting caught up on homework, housework and pet-loving. My management class is a little more intense than I would like, so takes a little more time than I had anticipated. I have a dentist appointment at 4:30; takes 6 months to get a cleaning appt, but they will look at money making stuff (I have a chipped tooth, have had it for a couple of years) in less than a month. Haven't had a chance to even look at the other board. Carnival Liberty was a nice ship, just like the Mariner layout better...our next cruise is December...made final payment today.
We visited Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Bahamas-Nassau.

Well, better get ready for the dentist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 am

Morning..........

So how did you make out at the dentist,PQ?? I know I am due for a cleaning,but seems every time I go, they find work that needs to be done and costs a small fortune........

Pretty good you get off a ship ,in time to make final payment for another!!

Never been to Tortola....how was it??

Ruttie.....thinking of ya!!
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 10:09 pm

Dentist - Great visit. He looked at the chip, said it didn't need a cap, but could be bonded and he beveled the tooth next to it (cap done 17-20 yrs ago, fell at Disneyland and broke my front tooth, long story) so they were the same length. Didn't take payment, will bill insurance first than send me the bill for the balance. The last dentist gave me the run-around and how much it would cost, time, etc. What a scam.

Tortola was great, just not a shopping stop. The roads are very, very steep, even more so than st. Thomas. We just went to Cane's Garden Beach and paid for a couple of chaise lounges. Gary stayed in the water the whole time. Vendors do not walk the beach, so it's pretty peaceful. Food and drink available along w/restrooms and pay showers. Even had a massage canopy ($30 dollars/20 minutes), it was excellent. A lot of people go over to Virgin Gorda to the Bath's which are supposed to be gorgeous, but we were only there until 3, so wanted to stay on Tortola.

Thanks for keeping us posted on Ruttie

Ruttie - Good luck, you're in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 9:16 pm

Whatta great dentist you have PQ!! Who do you go to???? I really like mine(personality wise)....just think I am helping him pay for all his "toys"....

Enjoy the weekend..........Dennis just left for the Keys and hopefully be home tomorrrow by this time............

Hows WWs??? Still going?????
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:22 pm

My dentist is Dr. Anker, he's over in the plaza by McDonald's, where that new coffee place is. He's what's covered by my insurance, but I definitely like him. Don't you go to Dr. Spivey? I had him when he was the dentist at Coast Dental, after he left, Coast was horrible and I quit going. Dr Spivey was great.

I went to WW, gained 3 pounds since my last visit (2 weeks ago, 1 cruise ago Laughing ) My sister is down just over 20 lbs, but she is better about exercising. She's a food service worker (Knoxville, TN) and gets off at 2:30, she has time to walk 2-3 miles every other day and does her eclipical the other days. But, she also doesn't cook dinner for her husband and daughter, just makes a little something. My problem is time for exercising (I need to make some) and watching what I eat, portion wise, when I cook dinner.

May take Brandy to the dog park tomorrow, depends on the weather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Oh,I do love Dr Spivey............very easy on the eyes too.........I just hate dentists in general.........

I also hate exercising...........been very lazy lately.........

Getting hair cut tomorrow while Dennis gets to paint the garage door and cut the grass.........hes so lucky...........he should be home by 6 tonite.............I made chicken cutlets with orzo.........and a salad... dessert too.......I take fat free yogurt and mix it with fat free cool whip.....put them in the small graham cracker crust shells and freeze them.......last time,I made key lime ones......today is peach melba.

have 6 more weeks to lose some weight.........time flies...........
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 pm

I have 11 weeks until the next cruise. I roasted a turkey breast and made all the trimmings (mashed potatoes, rolls, gravy and dressing). Yummy...went to Sam's today, first time in a while, and stocked up on stuff. Need to freeze the meat in our size servings. Just relaxing and watching the gator lose b ad to Auburn. Trying to do some research for the December cruise. For the May cruise, will probably book the Comfort Inn as a back up, but trying for the Caribe or Marriott (resorts) thru priceline. Most of the priceline wins have been for stays in the current month, but doesn't hurt to try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 11:38 am

Morning!!

We booked the Sheraton Old San Juan for next May...thru their website......got it for $145 which isnt bad for that area......we're going 2 nights prior.........meeting up with Francisco and his wife........gonna get the local's version tour.....(they live in Miami but he still has family in PR)....so they will fly in the same day as us, I think.......not to cruise......to visit family....

Took the dogs for a walk this morning...........so nice out........opened all the windows........i love being able to do that........

Your turkey dinner sounds really good......
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 pm

We are going down the day before, I guess I'll keep checking websites. I'd love to stay at the beach, that way Gary gets into vacation mode early, but downtown would be my next choice. I want to try to keep it under $150; by the time they add taxes it's at $175. Trying to figure out if we want to try to buy wine and champagne there, take the box partial filled with us (50 lb limit) or just buy the wine on board. Carnival doesn't have a wine plan, so it's as you go.
We have the windows open also and it feels so good. Took Brandy to the dog park around 9, it was quiet. Just planted some more tomatoes and hot peppers.
Turkey dinner was good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Checking in...........

Spent the day in the big O-town......Orlando....mall was pakced with tourists.......you can tell them by their pasty white legs and sunburned cheeks(face ones!!!)

So do you get perks on Carnival like RCCL????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:38 am

Beary strikes again..........did ya read the FL thread???

Baby shower at Barnhills...........gift registry at walmart..........all invited???????

Can you believe it??????? I sure cant......then again,consider the source........
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 7:44 pm

Sorry, I've been MIA...school takes up a lot of time. I've been able to read posts, just didn't have time to post.

I was wondering where Beary's been. I'll go check out the florida board.

No coupon book on carnival like rccl (but I only used the drink coupon/photo coupon). I know they have VIP boarding, but no concierge lounge or that type of perks. Also, no perks for booking on board. So I guess, no perks except past guest party.

Well, Gary's coming in with the BBQ pork chops (also having salad, artichoke and red roasted potatoes), so better go to dinner. Will check out the other threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Well, another weekend is here..........got any plans??

Im taking both dogs to the groomer tomorrow morning BY MYSELF.......this is not gonna be easy,but Dennis will be working.........

Sunday,off to meet up with Lauren at Busch gardens...been promising her we would when both she and Dennis had the same day off....they can ride the coasters while I watch!!

Lets just hope it doesnt rain all weekend..............

Got a new pest control company today...........going with McCalls........we have some chinch bugs and they are starting to destroy the sod......Dennis has been trying to tackle it but its not working........so we're going pay someone else to professionally do it before we lose the whole lawn!!
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:47 pm

We also use McCalls. We tried to do it ourself also, and last September Gary finally called them and they looked at the lawn and told him what he needed to do. We had white flies and cinchbugs. They do a good job, and whenever we have problems we call the. We use them for our lawn, our pests and our termite coverage. Last year, Brandy and Clarence had a bad time with fleas, no matter what I used. This year, not a flea to be found. Gary did the same thing, but it just takes a professional to attack the problem. I don't think the over-the-counter stuff works.

Doing school work this weekend, as time permits, as I have two reports due in the next couple of weeks. WW in the morning and a partylite (candles) party at 10:30. Tomorrow night meeting with the Ocala bunch to look at all the cruise pictures and watch the game. They are a great group and lots of fun. Funny, how small this town is. Kristyne, who was a student worker and know at UF, is the daughter of one of the group. She's also a puppy nanny for us. A couple of the group work for the school district (teacher and JV football coach), another for the property appraisers office. And, they all like to cruise.

Sunday should be quiet. Yah....well, that just means I can work on my papers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:41 am

Morning.........

We,too are going to use them for pest control...........right now,we have FL Pest Control for the house.Used to have them for the yard too,but they killed the front yard..granted,the yard was not sod......it was a mishmash(?) of grass seed,sod weeds........But it was all green!! They used weed control and then we had lots of bare spots.........so we fired them for that part of the service........

Told McCalls not to use weed stuff on the front yard,but just for the back since its sod there..........eventually, we would like to sod the front but since we dont have a sprinkler system out there,it would be a waste...........and actually,all the plugs are taking off........you know how sod spreads!!

Sounds like a fun day for you today.........

Wish we had someone we could trust to watch the dogs.....but till we do,its off to the kennel for them....and at the rate of almost $40 a day avg,it costs us a small fortune for a week........oh, well, I know they are taken care of...

Later!!
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 3:23 pm

We don't pay Anthony, but we do pay Kristyne as she's a "starving student." And our animals get to be safe at home.

Went to WW (-2.4 lbs), candle party (purchased a few things) and now just relaxing. I made a taco bake (on pillsbury's website) that you make ahead, refrigerate and finish cooking 30 minutes before serving. Should be doing school work, but heck, I've been working all week. So going to check the boards and ebay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Good for you on the weight loss.......thats super........

Does Kristyne want anymore business?? Wink

Your dinner sounds good.......I made an enchilada layer bake last week(from the Kraft mag--also online).and it was pretty tasty..........made with tortillas,beef,salsa,cheese.............sorta like a Mexican lasagne...

Tonite is salmon,grilled sweet potatoes(cut into chunks) and grilled zucchini........
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Took me a couple of days, but I'm back. Wonder if San will show up here, or if it will be just us. Smile

I could always ask Kristyne. The problem/issue now is she lives in Gainesville and goes to UF. So, she can only do it when she is not in school. Christmas works for us, since UF closes for break the first week of December. Her boyfriend is studying to be a Veternarian and is on the waiting list at UF to get into their vet school. So it's kind of getting 2 for 1.

Last night had sirloin tip roast, potatoes and gravy, and green salad....tonight was Turkey Marsala, fettuccine and green salad.

Well, back to my school work, doing a career activity. Did a career assessment and now have to report on the results - one of my career matches was a Machinist. I wouldn't have any fingers left! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 am

Hey you two....tell me about Beary. And anyone else I should know about.

Posted a long one on the other board.

You guys have to try one of those 14 day AK trips.....it was fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:31 pm

Would love to do that trip San....someday,we will.......

Beary posted an open invitation for her daughters baby shower at our local buffet restaurant.....(not sure if you have Barnhills or not)......plus she mentioned her daughter is registered at Walmart for baby gifts...........

Pretty sad,if you ask me.....not to have any friends,that you have post it on a public message board......

Oh yea,plus after being outta work so long,beary got a new nursing job...AT THE JAIL!! Shocked

PQ------Thats ok,I'll use the kennel..........dinner tonite for me?? Slimfast....Yumyum!
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:04 am

Kinda sad, huh! Both the jail and the gift registry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:06 am

And having an open invite baby shower at an all you can eat place...
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 pm

Nice to see it's just not PH and me any more Smile

I would love to do a cruise through Alaska...trying to convince my dad to take us on one. He just moved from Olympia, WA to Portland, Or, but that is still only about 4-5 hours south of Seattle. He keeps saying he'd like to do a cruise with us, I told him if he paid, we'd fly out there. Maybe, one day it'll work.

Just working on homework. Sorry I couldn't help you out with the puppy hotel. Tonight, went to the kids for dinner...Danny barbequed some steaks and we had maple carrots and red potatos... yummy.

Haven't heard too much from Beary since she posted the invitation...it's been a real long time since Vic showed up too. Hope they stay hidden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misc .part 3.........
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next