Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Misc .part 3.........

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Sellers remorse??? I know its hard to leave what you know as home......
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:49 pm

SAN: GoodLuck I'll be saying a prayer that ALL works out okay for you guys tonight. It'll all be back to normal (well as normal as it can be with you in the picture) soon!! Razz

I know when we sold our house and moved here I thought I'd be all upset over it and once I went around and said "Good Bye" to all our wonderful neighbors and moved in here it was like I lived here forever. I still drive past the old homestead when we go to the Pancake Pantry and it still looks great, but I never feel bad about moving.

Back to the Country Music Awards.
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:44 am

It isn't the moving that's bothering me.....it's all the vulture inspection people that are looking to make as much money off me as they can. You have to have it done in order to sell, but do I feel vulnerable and exposed.

Meeting with the buyer went fine.....seems like a nice guy and is excited about moving here.
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:08 am

Good to hear that at least the "buyer" is a nice guy.

How far along is your NEW Home right now? Are things getting done the way you and Nancy want them to be done?

Do you think you'll be moved before your surgery or can you postpone it or what??

Just took a HOT SHOWER and hope to be able to fall asleep. It's 2:06 A.M. right now and I just don't feel sleepy. Bummer.

Have a fun Thursday everyone!!
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:19 pm

The house in Gilroy is finished and looks good. Surgery is Nov 28. We will take posrssion of the house the first week in Decmber.
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 7:02 pm

Sounds like a GREAT PLAN there SAN!!
Nice that this is all working out okay for you guys.
I like the fact that you won't have to go UP ANY STAIRS right after your surgery.

Off to the kitchen to finish making dinner. BabyBack Ribs are smelling sooooo yummy.
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:27 pm

Atta girl K2......I love it when I hear about women in the kitchen where they belong.

Hey PH....bon voyage....have a really nice cruise. Say hi to Andrea......just remind her that Roland and I are buds....she may then remember me. Tell her I hope to see her next September.
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 pm

PH - if you're still around...bon voyage. Have a great reunion cruise. I did get some pricing for the SOS cruise next September...just thinking about it.

San - Didn't know the house in Gilroy was that far along. You're lucky that you didn't have it built in Florida. These days, it seems that it takes almost a year to build a home. Workers show up when they want. We were lucky, we had a great builder. He told us with all we wanted with the house it would take 5 months (pool, boat barn/garage). It was 4-1/2 months.

K2-those ribs smell good. Tonight we just made chicken fajitas.

School is going okay, down to the last few weeks. Got a 94 on the last exam and currently working on my corporate paper. Corporate paper due 11/17, powerpoint, report and Exam 5 12/1 and final exam 12/8. Whew...by 12/16 will need that cruise.

Going over to check the other board.
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 am

Hi there PQ: Keep up the GREAT WORK on that homework girl!! Our dinner was yummy. I'm tired from baking that darn Orange Almond Torte for our church Gig on Sunday. Never making that thing again. Just too much work.

PH: WOW.........you're not suppose to be gone until NOV 11th. Western Carb.

SAN: Who is she saying "HI" too......not our ANDREA I take it?? Must be a C Lounge person!! Stop mixing me up......I do a good enough job with that myself.

Okay, I have a bloody nose and need to take care of that and get a sleeping pill and hope I can get some DECENT SLEEP tonight. I'm really BEAT UP from this Sinus thing. Feel good except for my Cough and drainage. Hate it.

Nite all............

PQ: I second the fact that you need a cruise after this class. That would be my goal.......study hard .....pass .......and then go on a CRUISE!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 am

I dont know who Andrea is either......?????

The cruise does leave the 11th K2,but we are going to spend the night in Ft lauderdale tomorrow.......gonna meet up with everyone(15 of us) tomorrow night...

Good going on the test PQ!!! Hope you book the SS....

San-------that is fantastic all is going well with the house...but I bet its kinda stressful too....but it will all be worth it.....

Speaking of stress, guess I have to pack today.......ughhhh
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 pm

Andrea is the main Concierge on Jewel of the Seas. Nice girl.

Man, PQ, I'm impressed with all the hard work you're putting into your classes. Nice test scores too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Got it Tony...........I'll pass the word......hopefully, the CL wont be too darn crowded...
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Thanks San - I really do try hard...I think it's the competitive side of me...I'm also a little overboard when it comes to classes. I don't like to settle for an "okay" grade. But, it does take a bit out of you when the class is intense.

Probably missed PH, but I know she'll have a good cruise.

Spent today cleaning and getting ready for the holidays(it was a non-school day Very Happy for me). Having a Pampered Chef party next week so wanted the house to be spotless, especially the stove/oven, since we will be cooking. Did buy some plants at Lowe's today for planting around the pool, to add a little color.

San - We used a mover for our move from CA to FL, but we did the packing. It was really nice...we passed the truck in Louisiana. It left 2 days before us, and arrived 3 days after us, as it had other deliveries. It worked great. They take apart the furniture they could and pack all the rest. Troublefree...I think I only found 1 or 2 broken wine glasses (out of 4-5 dozen), and since we did the packing it was probably our error. No scratches or anything. Used United and it was between $5500 and $6000. Plus, we could write it off on our taxes, since we both found new jobs and it was more than 50 miles from our previous address.

K2 - hope everything is going well with you.

Ruttie - you, too...hope everything goes well next week with going back to school.

It was about $6,000
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey PQ, are you doing OK? Nancy and I have just returned from a couple of days in Nevada.....very little snow in the Sierra.
Seems like everyone is away somewhere right now....the other boards seem to be missing a few people.
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:43 pm

San - Glad to see you. Lucky you going to the Sierras. I think I miss the mountains the most. I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. I didn't want to post with no-one around. Afraid people would think I had multiple personalities and talking to myself Laughing

PH is cruising and K2 has computer problems so it's just us for a while.

Take care...good luck with the move!
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Yea, I like to go up in the Sierra Nevada....it helps me clear my head. It was in the 60s in Reno and Carson City....snow level was at 7 to 8,000 feet. I hope we get snow up there this year....wasn't very much last year.
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:00 pm

My aunt and uncle have a house up in Tahoe Paradise; we used to go up there several times a year to enjoy the mountains and just recharge ourselves. I just got an email from skiheavenly...I guess they are making snow and will open over the holiday weekend.

How's the move going...how much longer is the grace period?
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 1:42 pm

We should find out today if the contingencies are removed. The house is being tented on Monday. I think that the buyers are planning on closing escrow on the 28 TH. Then we have to work through closing escrow on the new place.
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm

How soon after closing will you move? Will you be able to move from one to the other? If not, will you be staying with one of your kids?

Okay, sorry, but since you are the only one here, have to mention some cooking...you can cover your eyes, or skip over.

Having a Pampered Chef party tomorrow, invited PH, but darn her, she went on a cruise. Have about 15 people coming over. Expecting a freeze tonight, so planning on doing some mulled wine tomorrow. Menu is Chicken Florentine bread ring, Berry/Chicken salad with Raspberry vinegarette and Crossiant Bread Pudding. Should be fun. The person cooks the food using Pampered Chef tools, we eat, and then order away. May have to make the wine strong...sell those products. drunken

Okay, food talk over.

Have a good Saturday, and hope those darn contingencies are removed.

Maybe K2 will return....
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 pm

Remember Proposition 13? We have to sell this house before actually buying the new one so that we can transfer the lower tax rate. Then it takes a couple of days for the funds to transfer from one title company to the other...so a few days of overlap. We will stay with the kids a few days plus a hotel for a couple of nights.

Looks like the new people sign their loan papers on Monday....so I assume it's looking pretty good.
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:25 pm

SAN: What does it mean to have the HOUSE TENTED??? Is that for Termites?? Those cool looking BLUE Covers over houses that we saw when we were in Calf ?? EXPLAIN PLEASE!!

When do the MOVERS come in and take your stuff out of there??

Any chance of moving BACK your surgery date a few weeks to give yourself a break?? Nothing like getting kicked in the groin and then not having your own bed to recover in!! Shocked

Off to FINALLY get those PJ's on and see what's NOT on TV tonight!! Fridays aren't a good TV day.

Later..........

PQ: Hope your Chef's party is a success!! At least you'll get a lot of NEAT things if the people buy buy buy!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 pm

I have to LAUGH everytime I get on this Chat site!!
I think we could talk about ANYONE on here and NOT get in trouble. It's so buried away and remote that nobody knows we're here..........sometimes even ourselves!! HappyHappyJoyJoy
Back to top Go down
powderqn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
powderqn

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 pm

K2 - you're right, we are all by ourselves, far, far away. Plus, it's easier for me to keep up with 3 or 4 people. I do read the bunny and florida thread daily, but it's too hard to try to post to everyone.

San-Yep, remember prop.13. Some of my friends didn't want to sell their homes, to upgrade, because of the tax implications. Home remodels/rebuilts took place because as long as one wall remained standing, the house was a remodel, not a rebuild.
Back to top Go down
sanjoseca
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 1:38 pm

PQ, You can transfer the Prop 13 tax rate to some counties in california, but not all. There are a lot of houses now that get purchased, wripped down [one wall remains as you said] and a new bigger house built on the lot

K2, You're right about tenting. We have to remove all open food....cereal, frozed food etc....cans and sealed bottles are OK. The fumigators come Monday morning and cover the whole house in tarps.....then fill the house with Vikane to kill termites. The tent will be removed on Tuesday, but we can't reenter the house until Wednesday PM. Most houses seem to get tented when they are sold. Termites are really prevalent in California.....but I still think it's a rip off.

I'm with you PQ, it's too hard trying to keep up with some of the people on CC. There's a lot fewer multi way messages on there now....and more people with less in common. I liked it in the good old days. I really only like about 6 or 8 people on all the threads.
Back to top Go down
K2
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
K2

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 6:28 pm

WOW........do you think the little Termites know what's going to be happening and are scattering as I post?? Shocked Have you actually seen evidence of Termites around or in your home?? I agree with you that it's just a big RIP-OFF, but on the other hand if YOU were buying a used house I'm sure you'd feel better about it getting done before you moved in.

So now that we're on this "semi-private" site here and just the few of us around.........can you post the website of the new house?? Thanks.

Later............One football game down and one going on right now. The important one for our family......Michigan STATE Univ vs/ Penn State. I'm not a big fan of football, but I want the place where my hard earned money went .......to WIN!!

PQ: How's the homework coming along?? Thought of you today when I almost bought a Fresh Turkey Breast to make for Art and I. Then I came to my senses and said ........hey stupid you're going to be eating Turkey in 5 days hold off!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misc .part 3.........   Misc .part 3......... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misc .part 3.........
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Non-Cruising Topics :: Other-
Jump to: