Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Welcome Home Jean, glad to hear you had a good time...

Kathy: Just make sure the shoes are comfortable...Have a wonderful time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm

I know..comfort is the name of the game..........wish I could wear sneakers the whole time
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm

PH8 wrote:
packed?? ummmmmm.........no.
stressing? Yes...... Mad and its always over the shoes......argggggggh.....

Welcome home Jean!!!Sounds like another wonderful cruise.............

Lauren went to the walk in doctor today...........they dont do blood tests for tyroids........told her she needs a primary doctor which she is working on............she called her GYN and she told her to stop the calcium and she will see her on Wednesday.Maybe she can do the blood test,,,
SHOES...............you're only going to be gone for 3 days..............how many pairs do you need?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:33 pm

What on earth was I thinking??????????????

Ray left for his field trip with his Mom yesterday. They are arriving in Branson tonight, so hope they get to see Jul in the morning... but I digresssssss it must be stresssss!

So, we've wanted to have the house painted for a while. The kid next door's Dad is a painter and we usually hire him, but NOOO Ray wants to hire a "real" painting company so they can get in and out quickly. That sounds good on the surface, but let me tell you the house is now a disaster zone! And of course Ray schedules this when he is gone, so I have to deal with the mess! They started today and are hoping to be done on Thursday. Right now, everything is shoved to the center of all the rooms and disconnected. So, no TV, stereo, etc. There is no place to sit and the dog is totally baffled by the whole thing, poor guy! I guess I have to remind myself it is only a week, it is only a week, but man, what a pain in the buttinsky!

Kathy, we want to hear all about the big announcement! Not that I can imagine ever setting foot on the floating city, but it's fun to know what is going on!

Jul, hope you trip home was uneventful and you get to see Ray. Love to all... I have to go find a piece of floor to sit down on now...........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Kathy, comfort is the key - you're more used to the hot & humid weather than I am, but add the layer of grime that you get in Manhattan & you can be really unhappy in that kind of weather. I'm with Patti - you're only gone for 3 days and you have no formal nights to deal with, so 2 pairs of shoes should be plenty! Both comfortable!

Susan, I'll be feeling your pain starting tomorrow. We've re-hired our painter/handyman to essentially rebuild one room in the house - the cats destroyed it while we were nuturing our feral - the boys would go in and spray, then she would freak out and pee wherever it was convenient. It's a little-used room (the gym, hahaha) so by the time we noticed it had soaked into the subfloor. Words can't really describe the smell. affraid So he's coming tomorrow to tear out the carpet & floor, then part of the drywall, and rebuild it all. I'm not looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:08 pm

PH8 wrote:
hahah...yesterday they put bright pink and yellow bows on Hollys ears when she got groomed(to match her collar).........she is such a tomboy dog that bows looks funny on her..........it doesnt take long till they come out...

Cassie's are off already. After Bob laughed at her I took them out. She is so happy. DoggieBreak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:13 pm

frudutx wrote:
Bows sound really cute, but our dogs usually get scarves. Somehow I just don't think bows really fit well on Shelties lol! .

They don't like them either, I wind up taking them off as soon as the groomer leaves.

Welcome back Jean, sounds like you had a good time. Drinks

More L8R.

Di She had a scarf too. She looked like Za ZA Gabor. Not at all like a doxie. She's on my lap right now with the lap top fighting for a space and she's really happy to be without the bling.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Oh,I only packed 2 pairs(nice pair for the event,then changing my whole outfit to capris and sandals)..........Im wearing sneakers on the plane for the first day of walking...........I just couldnt decide which pair to bring.......fortunately,it will only be in the 70s..........that will be cool to me...............

I really should go to bed....getting up at 3..so as soon as I can I will hit the hay and try to relax..........its just too quiet here without Dennis and the dogs........

Have a super next few days one and all.................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:22 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sheila...........the storms were all south of us. We had nothing. They are still going through the southern counties..............here it is absolutely delightful.

Welcome home Jean...........aren't you a nice person to take a crew member under your wing!!

Kathy....you packed yet??

Patti, part one went through about 4pm and part two went through about 6pm. We expect part three between 8pm and 10pm but in the meantime the temp has dropped and the air is off and the windows are open. We had thunder lightening and rain with winds but nothing terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Welcome home Jean, sounds like a really nice time. Good luck with the home improvements.

Same to you Susan. I remember when we had the painters in our home and it was one week before a cruise. I was trying to pack as well as put my house back together. Talk about stress. You will be so happy to have it all done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 am

Good Morning SPB's. Wow!!! Last on last night and first on this morning. It's a beautiful day here. Cool, no humidity, sunny. Air is off and the windows are open. Kinda like Patti's day yesterday.

Guess Kathy is on her way to the Big Apple. It'll be interesting to hear what happens there.

I have a 12-6pm shift today with classes and lessons so I'm trying to get the laundry done this morning. I'm trying to make sure I get my laps in this week since I'll be out of the water for 2 weeks.

Hope Ray and Jul have a good visit while Susan deals with the painters affraid

Have a great day everyone.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am

Morning SPB's: Just stopping by to say hi and hope all are having a great day...
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:27 am

Hello All...have been away a few days to the beach...sounds like yall are rolling along.

Jean your cruise sounded nice, double we will ever get that high in the sailings

Juls did you enjoy your cruise? your kiddies? How was the dolphin swin?

Susan, we are looking to get new windows affraid ...have just paid for the new HVAC system

Have a great day all
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 am

Morning all, do hope the week is off to a good start for you. We are having beautiful weather, sunny but cool, just what everyone needs to dry out.

We are busy here this week getting ready to drive to IN on Friday for a family wedding. It looks like some ot the interstate we need to use will now be open after all of the flooding.

Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:36 am

Morning all, going to be an interesting day weather wise here in Dallas. We're supposed to be getting major t-storms this afternoon. But, it is supposed to cool things down so that's a good thing.

Work days to vacation 7.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:58 am

Morning all...........

A very cool, crisp day here...........almost feels like fall..........sun is in and out...........clouds look they should have snow in them!!

Sheila, glad that you guys have cooled down.

Glad to hear that Nancy and Ken are drying out in Iowa.

Diane, hope your storms aren't too bad. OK 7 days to vacation.........where is vacation?

Hi Jill...hope you have a great day also.

Hi Barb........how are things in your neighborhood.

Hi Susan......it's always nice to hear from you. Sounds like Ray planned it well. I remember when we added on to our kitchen............our son and I headed to Florida and left Jim at home!!

Have a wonderful day...............hope Kathy got off OK and will enjoy her stay in the BIG APPLE.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Patti: Diane and John are coming to Florida for a visit with Dave & Me Yay !!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:51 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Oh.....a land vacation! Very Happy That should be fun. There just going from hot to hotter!! sunny
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Is anybody coming to visit the Left Coast this summer? We'll have some freshly painted and sanitized rooms available!

The crew arrived early - I shut the cats in the bedroom and the dogs are with me, all fretting over the noise of demolition work. I'm not too happy about it myself. The guy doing the work is my manicurist's son - we gave him his first painting job about 7 years ago and he's built a really nice business enterprise for himself. We're just small potatoes now - he does a lot of work on pro athletes' homes in the beach cities - he got hooked up with a manager who sends him lots of work.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:48 pm

jillybabes wrote:

Yeah, what she said!

Storms are rolling through as I type, very severe lots of wind, thunder, lightening. Spoke to my son about 15 minutes ago. He works from home and it knocked out his DSL but not his Direct TV ?

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:37 pm

sunny
Hot today....going to get really hot the rest of this week.......GO LAKERS!!!!

WE have a conference coming up next week...Worship Conference....lots of musicians, and Worship Leaders...very talented group. They even do a Conference Choir made up of attendees at the end of the Conference...awesome!! Seems like the weather gets hot every year for this conference...we even moved it from July to June due to the heat.....well, the heat moved with it! affraid confused

Dress rehearsal tonight with the Gospel choir as we are doing a concert for the conference on one of the nights next week as well.....sort of like what some of you saw on TV at Christmas. By the way, that big handsome guy with the thick head of black hair and wonderful voice, Tim Davis, is our choral leader....but don't tell him I said he was handsome! Ha! You should hear him imitate Elvis...what a riot.

Hope everyone is high, dry and safe!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Just received an invite to my 40th HS class reunion. Well, it's not the HS I graduated from but I spent 2 1/2 years there, went to church with the gang and still keep in touch with a lot of them. Anyway this year they decided to combine 68, 69, & 70 and also include those people who had attended the school during one of the 4 years. How cool is that? Checked into airfare already and I guess I'm supposed to go cause AA is running a Net saver special now for DFW/BWI.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Diane, how fun to attend the reunion. I went with late husband to his many years ago it was the 20th and we went to mine as well. Have attended one since. I don't get notices any longer. Wonder what that means???
Have a great time.

Mar. sounds like you have your hands full over the next week or two. Enjoy and be Blessed.

Jean hope the remodeling goes well. Smile I am sure it would very nice and smell good as well. Smile

To everyone have a great day. Very hot here and the air is running 24/7.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:28 pm

frudutx wrote:
Just received an invite to my 40th HS class reunion. Well, it's not the HS I graduated from but I spent 2 1/2 years there, went to church with the gang and still keep in touch with a lot of them. Anyway this year they decided to combine 68, 69, & 70 and also include those people who had attended the school during one of the 4 years. How cool is that? Checked into airfare already and I guess I'm supposed to go cause AA is running a Net saver special now for DFW/BWI.

d

Sounds fun, when is it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm

frudutx wrote:

d

Di how close are you going to be to me? When is it? Are you going to York? Maybe we can do a FtoF How cool. Lots of questions. Need answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next