Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Just looked at the Oasis info........the loft suites look sweet but somehow I doubt I'll ever have enuff $$ to do one until we win the lottery!!!

When does rates come out on those??

Just got word that one of our good close vendors died yday of heart attack (early 40's).....just nuts.....

Puts life back into perspective for me...

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:04 pm

critterchick wrote:
Ginny, Leila came over from Freedom or Liberty. She had been doing the Explorations desk and they started training her a month or so ago. I don't think Rebecca had an assistant...

Deborah Gorman, who was a FABULOUS LA, has left RCI - saw that reported on someody's Serenade thread. I heard, and I hope, that she was looking at Celebrity or Azamara. She will be missed. I think RCI dropped the ball when they re-did the LAs' compensation.

Deb was our LA on Mariner this past February and she was very helpful...

More Liquid Sunshine today...D: You might want to bring an Umbrella affraid instead of a bathing suit...

Last edited by jillybabes on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Jul, I heard that bookings would open on 9-3. I doubt we will see rates before then. It will probably be like the Mariner repo... loads of folks wanting to go, itineraries out for weeks and then BAM, they open the bookings and everyone found out how much it was going to cost!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:48 pm

jillybabes wrote:
critterchick wrote:
Ginny, Leila came over from Freedom or Liberty. She had been doing the Explorations desk and they started training her a month or so ago. I don't think Rebecca had an assistant...

Deborah Gorman, who was a FABULOUS LA, has left RCI - saw that reported on someody's Serenade thread. I heard, and I hope, that she was looking at Celebrity or Azamara. She will be missed. I think RCI dropped the ball when they re-did the LAs' compensation.

Deb was our LA on Mariner this past February and she was very helpful...

More Liquid Sunshine today...D: You might want to bring an Umbrella affraid instead of a bathing suit...

You guys play cards or dominoes? Just wondering what we'll do if it rains for 8 days besides build an ark?

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Murphy wrote:
Jul, I heard that bookings would open on 9-3. I doubt we will see rates before then. It will probably be like the Mariner repo... loads of folks wanting to go, itineraries out for weeks and then BAM, they open the bookings and everyone found out how much it was going to cost!

On Freedom we were like lemmings, we gave the TA our credit card and the type of cabin they told us what they thought the cabin would cost and the day the before bookings opened we had reservations. And, you're right it was then we found out the cost.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

It's 102 right now but keeping cool inside.

Susan your room sounds nice and glad that you are comfortable with it now. My kitchen and family room are a country red and the living room and hall ways are a almond oil. The master bath is a funny grey/green while the master bedroom is a a pale lilic. The hall bath is a light blue. GS room is green tea and the rest is builder white.

Jul your colors sound lively and fun. Unitl this house I was scared of using color, although I did try color once in our first home. That cured me until a few years ago when I gave the country red a try. When I put that color on the walls it was decorated with a French country look. Was glad that it also works with the new look.

Was talking with Liz (friends I cruise with) and she was wondering also what the two story suites would go for. She has booked the RFS for the upcoming Liberty Cruise since she has her son/dil and their two children along with herself and gd. Will be interesting to see what the cost is.

I have booked Chops & Portofino's on the tender nights for Liberty hope those will be good nights.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Diane, what time of year was the Freedom Inaugural? We booked an October sailing as part of the pre-release of bookings that was only availble for C & A members. I don't know if it was because we sailed during Hurricane season, but I thought we had very reasonable rates for a new ship. Something like $870 p/p for a balcony aft cabin.

There are sooo many cabin categories planned for Oasis, you'd think some of them would be reasonably priced. The loft cabins don't appeal to me, so I can save $$ by avoiding those extra prices! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Murphy wrote:
Diane, what time of year was the Freedom Inaugural? We booked an October sailing as part of the pre-release of bookings that was only availble for C & A members. I don't know if it was because we sailed during Hurricane season, but I thought we had very reasonable rates for a new ship. Something like $870 p/p for a balcony aft cabin.

There are sooo many cabin categories planned for Oasis, you'd think some of them would be reasonably priced. The loft cabins don't appeal to me, so I can save $$ by avoiding those extra prices! Laughing

The Freedom Inaugural was June 4 - 11, I just pulled our doc and the total cost of our stateroom (without tips) was 4189.80. I didn't think it was that much. That was with insurance, tax & transfers but not airfare.

I know some friends of ours "surprised us" and booked after we did. They used their points and some extra $$$$ and had the same type of cabin we did. I really don't know what theirs wound up costing them.

Your fare was certainly reasonable thats for sure.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 pm

[/quote]

You guys play cards or dominoes? Just wondering what we'll do if it rains for 8 days besides build an ark?

d[/quote]

Don't worry, I'm sure we will find plenty to do...Think sunny thoughts!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Everybody, We got in to Midway at about 10.30 and to our son's about midnight. We went to church this morning and it's so nice to be with everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about Deb Gorman. She was our favorite LA. She really knew her stuff.

Not sure what we're doing tomorrow but Ordination is tomorrow night.

Interesting color choices. My family room is Khaki with one wall Tomohawk Red. My kitchen is a stone color with the window alcove in the same red. I did pale sage green in the LR & DR and Lilac in the hall bath then a butter yellow in the spare BR and beige in our BR with a darker blue green MB I am satisfied with all my choices except that I could have gone a bit darker in the kitchen but it's OK.

I'll check in tomorrow. CYA
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:32 pm

Interesting to hear everyone's colors in their houses.......Up until this house, we've always had 'offwhite'....usually just accented colors with curtains and pillows.....maybe the colored walls is what makes me love this house so much!!

D....whip out some color.......GO WILD GIRL!!!!

Army Wives on tonight.....anyone watch that????...It's a pretty good show.....

j Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi! Sounds like everyone is busy painting and remodeling!

We got younger son off to camp yesterday, then took a ride up to the Lake House, to check on it, lots of fires in the area, very hot and smokey. Could not even see the lake with all the smoke. Just got back, and it has cooled off here to a very pleasant 77.

Older son is having wisdom teeth pulled tommorrow, so I took the day off, will chat with you all later!

Take care...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:06 pm

My bags are packed I'm ready to go. I can hear Peter, Paul and Mary now, or watch this one it's them and John Denver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvtDb0ZPwQ

To bad we have to wait till Friday. Well anyway everything is ready to go except the morning stuff curling iron, toothbrush, etc.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 am

I had to talk Don into painting the walls something other than resale white. Most of the house is Lamps End, a Dunn Edwards color that's mainly grey, although it goes from steel grey to light grey to bluish/lavendar depending on the light. The master br and ba are in Green Tea, which is avery soothing green. I'd like to paint the front door bright red, but Don might have a stroke, LOL.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:34 am

Jean, those colors sound very nice. I have the same Green Tea in grandsons room. It used to be my den until he arrived. Haven't repainted it and will probably leave it as is.

Jul, I am watching Armywives right now. I do like the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 am

Morning all........

Dennis has been home and will be till tomorrow.......we have been busy looking at new (well,used new) trucks............he wants a new one..........

I love Army Wives.......missed it last night but will watch it later.......that and Design Star or was it the Next Food Network Star on last night?? Oh and Ice Road Truckers................thank goodness for DVRs!!!

Have a super day all..............
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 am

Morning all, it's going to be hot and sunny here with no possible chance of rain sunny sunny sunny !

All's quiet here at work our new users are so happy and we've had very few problems.

Need to get back to work, I'll check in later.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am

Morning All...Hot one here today too! Sun is shining and I'm in the midst of doing laundry...Will check back Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:54 am

Rainy and gloomy here AGAIN........I'd gladly send it to ya D if I could!! and I'm certainly sure that Iowa would too........

It's too bad someone can't figure out how to pipe excess rain from one spot to another that desperately needs it....It certainly seems that while one is flooding another is drying up at the same time....

Hope everyone has a good day....

jul
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Afternoon everyone...........it's a beautiful day here...............but will most likely change to ugly later this afternoon if the weather forecasters are right.

Got our flights booked for our April cruise.................did custom air, air deviation was waived, but had to pay additional to get the flights we wanted because they were not within the contracted amounts. That's OK...........at least we are flying when we want on what we want. Even booked an earlier flight to Atlanta so that we actually make the flight to Santiago this time.

Di, have a wonderful time visiting Jill & Dave............now you two behave yourselves!

Have a great day..................
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:35 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Afternoon everyone...........it's a beautiful day here...............but will most likely change to ugly later this afternoon if the weather forecasters are right.

Got our flights booked for our April cruise.................did custom air, air deviation was waived, but had to pay additional to get the flights we wanted because they were not within the contracted amounts. That's OK...........at least we are flying when we want on what we want. Even booked an earlier flight to Atlanta so that we actually make the flight to Santiago this time.

Di, have a wonderful time visiting Jill & Dave............now you two behave yourselves!

Have a great day..................

Well I'll try but I'm not making any promises. After all what happens in Florida stays in Florida! lol!

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:23 pm

PH8 wrote:
I love Army Wives.......missed it last night but will watch it later.......that and Design Star or was it the Next Food Network Star on last night?? Oh and Ice Road Truckers................thank goodness for DVRs!!!

Well, that's another thing we have in common besides wine, then. I love Army Wives, too! It's too girly for Don, although he wouldn't mind watching with the sound off, LOL. His big band plays every year at the Marine Corps scholarship dinner in Beverlhy HIlls, and one year the cast of JAG was there, so he got to see the woman who played Mac (I forget the actress' name) and reported that she's just as gorgeous in person. Last year it was the cast of NCIS but he didn't say whether Mark Harmon is as gorgeous in person. I suppose that's a good thing... Razz

I had breakfast with a friend who was just off the Monarch and had a great time. She booked a JS guarantee and got a GS, not too shabby.

I'm gearing up to do the grout in my bathroom. Don says that I've done enough for the week, but I'm jealous of his bathroom now and want mine to be pretty, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi There, Pretty nice day here in Chicagoland.
I love Army Wives and have it TIVO'd for when I get home.
Went shopping this morning and got DIL some summer maternity clothes for her cruise. Wish it was me (Cruising that is not prego lol! ) Jean if the cast of NCIS was around I'd be going to BH with him.

Catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Got home a little while ago from having toes and finger nails done. Hair cut is Thrusday.

D have fun in Florida with Jill.

Jean sounds like you are keeping as busy as the guy doing the remodeling. Smile How are the cats and dogs handling it?

Jen has the fires gotten any closer to your lake property? I sure hope not and that the fires are being put out. Haven't watched the news just what I hear on the radio when in the car and that is not much.

Patti it must feel good to have gotten the air taken care of and know you got what you wanted. Smile It is well worth the money spent to get it the way you like.

I was watching Armywives last night and before that Design Star. Really would like to see that woman who cries and pouts put off but wonder if they keep her for the drama of it. What do you think?

Hot here and thinking of looking into a swamp cooler to help out.

You'll have a great day.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 pm

critterchick wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Well, that's another thing we have in common besides wine, then. I love Army Wives, too! It's too girly for Don, although he wouldn't mind watching with the sound off, LOL. His big band plays every year at the Marine Corps scholarship dinner in Beverlhy HIlls, and one year the cast of JAG was there, so he got to see the woman who played Mac (I forget the actress' name) and reported that she's just as gorgeous in person. Last year it was the cast of NCIS but he didn't say whether Mark Harmon is as gorgeous in person. I suppose that's a good thing... Razz

I had breakfast with a friend who was just off the Monarch and had a great time. She booked a JS guarantee and got a GS, not too shabby.

I'm gearing up to do the grout in my bathroom. Don says that I've done enough for the week, but I'm jealous of his bathroom now and want mine to be pretty, too!

Catherine Bell, another Thyroid cancer survivor, is the gal from JAG.

I watch NCIS just so I can see Mark Harmon wow those eyes next to Tom Selleck well, now I need a cold shower lol!

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next