Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Patti............U mean u DIDN"T see the resemblance????????... :arrow:
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:29 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti............U mean u DIDN"T see the resemblance????????... :arrow:
The funny thing is......if you look at KB and BM.........and try to visualize KB at BM's age.............yes I do see a resemblance when KB gets to that age. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Little missy just posted on CC.. FREE,FREE,FREE Rolling Eyes

Freestyle Wins with Us
No formal wear to tug around in another suitcase. What a wonderful trip we had in CLE airport to CO to fly to Newark & then into Super Shuttle to the terminal. We each had a suitcase, poor husband was not tugging 2 of them around.

One late afternoon (5PM) we returned from a long walk around Bermuda. I was in a flowery top & wheat colored shorts that looked like a skort. Salsa's hostess walked over to tell us we could come in & sit & order, so we did. So dinner in shorts was OK. Tables for 2 are all over the place, so we can enjoy our time togther. We did invite friends to join us one night and no problem. To eat with the best waiter in the Venitian dining room was a joy, so we did for7 lunches & 4 evenings and ate at Salsa twice (the lobster tacos are to die for). Then we got a BOGO deal from the Rewards deposit deal at Baboo for some great Asian treats.

With the free coffee from the coffeemaker in our mini & free laundry since I always carry my small bottle of Tide & 4 dryer sheets. Just some many great tiems that other cruiselines charge for. Feel very special with NCL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:59 pm

hahah..just saw the newest poster on one of the boards called themselves rentacopper.........I knew what was up with that name....

http://www.expertcruiser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220#post220

http://www.expertcruiser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=221#post221
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:35 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning ladies.......................

Hot dogs.........try Turkey Franks................Oh they are so good. Won't eat anything else now.

affraid
I'll check them out...........we're big on turkey stuff...right now ,in the frig,I have Cajun fried turkey,turkey ham and turkey pastrami(all made by JennieO) cold cuts...........very ,very good.........and when I make chili or the taco soup,I use ground turkey..........trust me,we are not health nuts,but every little bit helps.........
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:41 pm

We're back from reunions. I only gained half a pound even though there was enough food and drink as on a cruise. We flew on Continental, which wasn't too bad except for a 2 hour delay getting home. You would have thought that the flight attendants had just come from funerals, though - both ways they were incredibly morose. I usually try to chat when I'm waiting in line at the loo or getting a glass of water, but they were having none of it. They did like to complain about the passengers in front of us, though. That part was inexcusable - nobody was causing any trouble at all.

I did like the seatback entertainment - a choice of 21 free movies, a game arcade, some TV shows and music. So I got caught up on a few flicks - the Bucket List (sat there crying at the end), Horton and 27 dresses. James Marsden - mmmmm!

I should get the laundry done in time to turn around and fly to Connecticut on Friday... affraid That'll be on Jet Blue, which charges a little extra to book the seats with the most legroom - the exit rows and a few rows near the front. I happily paid the price. Even at 5'6" I love being able to stretch my legs all the way.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Di... I talked with Sheila yesterday via IM and tried to convince her to come with us on Voyager...now it is your turn to twist her arm! Ha!
She did say she would look at it.

Jean...as a former flt. attendant who got out when things were starting to go south with that industry, I would ask that you to think of extending a little mercy toward them....they are working for less $ now and more hours, and with less benefits and who knows how long their day and how many segments they would have to fly when you saw them. I agree they should have talked to you....but I also have a heart for what they have to face every day to make a $. Flying is not what it used to be which is why we seldom take advantage of my benefits and fly on the carrier I worked for. I am sure that many folks complain to them about the charges for luggage, etc. which is something they have no control over but have to listen to...etc., etc. It is a very hard job. It was fun when I started, but a big bunch of us Senior flt. attendants (30 yrs. and over)could see the writing on the walls and got out in 2003.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Morning everyone!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Took DH to see Indiana Jones for his B'Day. It was just ok. Not great.

Spent most of the weekend cleaning and doing laundry. My back has been bothering me again, though. Don't know what I did this time!

Finally got our docs for the Monarch!

Have a good day everyone!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Jean...as a former flt. attendant who got out when things were starting to go south with that industry, I would ask that you to think of extending a little mercy toward them....they are working for less $ now and more hours, and with less benefits and who knows how long their day and how many segments they would have to fly when you saw them. I agree they should have talked to you....but I also have a heart for what they have to face every day to make a $. Flying is not what it used to be which is why we seldom take advantage of my benefits and fly on the carrier I worked for. I am sure that many folks complain to them about the charges for luggage, etc. which is something they have no control over but have to listen to...etc., etc. It is a very hard job. It was fun when I started, but a big bunch of us Senior flt. attendants (30 yrs. and over)could see the writing on the walls and got out in 2003.

Hugs, Mar~

I know how hard it is, Mar, which is why I try to be friendly instead of demanding. I figure that having somebody to chat with about nothing at all related to the industry would be a nice break from lifting somebody's 50-lb carryon into the overhead or explaining to somebody who's been living under a rock for the past year why they can't get a full dinner. It was the talking about specific passengers within earshot of them that I thought was inexcusable - they have plenty of time for that while they're stuck waiting at the airport for delayed flights... The rest of it, well, I'd be morose, too. This was the worst I've ever seen, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Di... I talked with Sheila yesterday via IM and tried to convince her to come with us on Voyager...now it is your turn to twist her arm! Ha!

Hugs, Mar~
I remember working at JFK and people would get MAD cuz the flight was delayed, detoured,you name it cuz of the weather............Fog so thick,you couldnt see out.......ya, we're gonna land a plane in that...... Mad

Hey,did ya all know BM was a carjack victim?? Is there nothing missing on her resume of life?? scratch

11/15/05 - We are hearing about carjacking & women being followed to their cars & then car is stolen with or without he woman. Today it happened to me. A man ran up behind me & whispered in my ear that he was taking my Sante Fe. So I slid the key only off my keyring & threw it well into the next aisle which the jerk ran to to get & then over to my Sante Fe. The jerk puts the key into the locked door & the siren goes off & door doesn't open, I have run to the police station at the mall & 6 of them are headed out with me. They hear my SUV screaming away & the jerk is still trying to unlock the passenger side, as they got him. Unfortunately my key is now part of the investigation with his prints on it. So I go to the station with the police as they write him up & take story from me. 3 other folks saw it happen, applauded my SUV for safety first & they also are headed out to buy a 2005 on sale. Even the Police stated their wives will be getting one...... SECURITY IS #1 with Hyundai........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 pm

PH8 wrote:
Exairgoddessl wrote:

Hugs, Mar~
I remember working at JFK and people would get MAD cuz the flight was delayed, detoured,you name it cuz of the weather............Fog so thick,you couldnt see out.......ya, we're gonna land a plane in that...... Mad

Hey,did ya all know BM was a carjack victim?? Is there nothing missing on her resume of life?? scratch

11/15/05 - We are hearing about carjacking & women being followed to their cars & then car is stolen with or without he woman. Today it happened to me. A man ran up behind me & whispered in my ear that he was taking my Sante Fe. So I slid the key only off my keyring & threw it well into the next aisle which the jerk ran to to get & then over to my Sante Fe. The jerk puts the key into the locked door & the siren goes off & door doesn't open, I have run to the police station at the mall & 6 of them are headed out with me. They hear my SUV screaming away & the jerk is still trying to unlock the passenger side, as they got him. Unfortunately my key is now part of the investigation with his prints on it. So I go to the station with the police as they write him up & take story from me. 3 other folks saw it happen, applauded my SUV for safety first & they also are headed out to buy a 2005 on sale. Even the Police stated their wives will be getting one...... SECURITY IS #1 with Hyundai........

Can we all say B---S---! I'm sorry I do not believe it for a minute. Just another way for her to get attention.

Although I have to agree about the Hyundais.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Sheila Marilyn's right isn't Texas good enough for you?

Or maybe it's just us. lol!

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Oh pleeeease..................with the way she is thought of in the different PD districts (and they all know who she is)............I doubt that "6" of them went with her to her car.

Edit.......if this happened back in 2005...........then they didn't know about her!! affraid affraid

I wonder if she had to pay for that or if it was a FREE service!!??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi All, I just got in from work. Boy it's HOT here today.

Mar and Di I did look at the Voyager. The thing is, we are combining our Carib cruise with a visit to cruising friends in Florida. We wanted something out of either Tampa or Ft Lauderdale so that we could visit and then they would join us on the cruise. We can all drive to the Port from their place, so Texas wouldn't work for us. Maybe someday. When i chatted with Mar yesterday I didn't realise that Voyager was leaving from Galviston.

I've been checking several forums and I'm very amused at the reaction SHE has been getting. I'm quite sure that some of the posters around there are well known to us. I love rentacopper and since "Copper" is a British term, I'm just wondering if our Honorary SPB is involved. ThumpsUp Does anyone want to fess up?

BTW all your talk of dinner last night made me very hungry since I'm existing on "Slimfast" and "Lean Cuisines" at the moment. I hope to be a shadow of my former self the next time I cruise. :eat:
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:26 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Sis........definitely counting down.........I packed in my sleep all night last night!!!! Although when I woke up the suitcase was still empty, so I guess I'm not as efficient in my sleep.

We were on SOS many many moons ago........

A cruise is a cruise!!

jul Smile
Be prepared for a different demographic of cruisers...was very interesting...even notice
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Barb........email me on what demographic I need to prepare for........PLS!!..........

Off to baseball game.........Have a good evening!

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Jul: Not sure what Barb is talking about....We have been on SS many times and never had a problem with young or old....This last time there were several grads cruising and they were well behaved and not out of line at all...
Barb: please explain what you mean....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 pm

barbeeAL wrote:

Be prepared for a different demographic of cruisers...was very interesting...even notice
I'm curious too. confused ......the only demographic I noticed was wild and crazy workers........alot of companies use the SS and MJ for corporate weekend seminars..........
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 pm

PH8 wrote:
hahah..just saw the newest poster on one of the boards called themselves rentacopper.........I knew what was up with that name....

http://www.expertcruiser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220#post220

http://www.expertcruiser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=221#post221

OMG! I just went back and read those threads! Too funny! She is so clueless! roflmao
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi gang,

Have to check out the "latest".

Sheila - You and your friends could do the Grandeur in December 2009. Wink

Add me to the sicko list....I HAVE SHINGLES Sad Had some major pain in the ribcage and back while I was in Michgan. Just figured it was from toting my carry-on. Kept it pretty much under control with doses of Advil every 4 hours. Well on Friday, up pops this awful rash. Went to the doc today (you know I had to be desperate), and sure enough, Shingles. Filled 3 scripts, one for pain, the virus, and lidocaine patches. Cost me almost $700 What a Face thanks to our wonderful insurance, high deductible, flex plan. Oh well, hope the meds work (AND FAST). Doc said it could last for months.

Jul - Check out that back pain...Have you ever had chicken pox? If you have, you are susceptible.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Hi gang,

Add me to the sicko list....I HAVE SHINGLES Sad Had some major pain in the ribcage and back while I was in Michgan. Just figured it was from toting my carry-on. Kept it pretty much under control with doses of Advil every 4 hours. Well on Friday, up pops this awful rash. Went to the doc today (you know I had to be desperate), and sure enough, Shingles. Filled 3 scripts, one for pain, the virus, and lidocaine patches. Cost me almost $700 What a Face thanks to our wonderful insurance, high deductible, flex plan. Oh well, hope the meds work (AND FAST). Doc said it could last for months.

Jul - Check out that back pain...Have you ever had chicken pox? If you have, you are susceptible.

Hope you're not in too much pain, I hear that Shingles can be very painful...Wow $700 with Insurance???? that is rather high...
take care and keep us posted on a daily basis how you are doing...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Hi gang,

SHINGLES..............how terrible. affraid Jim had shingles about 20+ years ago. Had the rash that started on his waist and start going around. He played doctor until he was so miserable he had to go see a real doctor. Put him on meds and he was better in about 2 weeks.

Looks like you caught it early thankfully.............it can get really bad if not treated on its onset.

Sorry about the meds.............keep them receipts for your taxes.

Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Lots of young folks traveling together, many people complaining about the cost , having to tip. First cruise of less that 7 days we had been on...even Danny noticed the different flavor of the crowd. In the Photo area, every one was agasp at the picture cost. Many many first time cruisers.

Supper the last night less that 1/3 of the tables had their diners.

Did not mean to sound like a snoot...just was an very different air to the crowd. The staff was great, as usual. Purser desk was always full(3 & 4 lines deep) with folks questioning the bill.

Last edited by barbeeAL on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:54 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Hi gang,

Chris do take care, they can be soooo bad. Stress increases the pain as well. So relaaxx.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 am

Chris........yes, I had chickenpox......have the scars to prove it!!........The back pain is from an injury when I was a sophomore in high school.......jumping on a trampoline and I landed wrong...I have had a herniated disc since then......I live on vicoden when needed (only about 6 - 8 times a year) and then get a cortisone shot once a year when it's really really bad.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next