Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:09 am

king HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO OUR LURKING DADS AND GRANDPAS! king
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:39 am

Chris--you are up early, how are you feeling? Do hope the pain is much improved. Looking forward to seeing you two in just a few weeks.

It is sunny this am here in IA. We had the tornado sirens sound yesterday afternoon but thankfully nothing happened, just spent some more time in the basement. Then we had hail and rain and during the night more rain and the power went off. Really do feel for the people that do not need more rain.

Have a great Sunday.

Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Nancy - We're looking forward to seeing you and Ken again too! It's really getting closer...do you think we need to start packing. Wink Stay safe and dry! My daughter in Michigan had tornado warning on Thursday. No tornado, but heavy high winds, but they spent the night in the basement. Their neighbors huge flowering crabapple tree fell and hit her car but fortunately no real damage to the car.

Not to be whiney or complaining, but I AM feeling better, but still have the remnants of the shingles. Having a lot of ongoing pain in the ribcage area, so decided to give Lyrica one more try. NO WAY can I tolerate that medication. Makes me a zombie! I slept on and off all day yesterday. Back to OTC meds for the pain.

Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:24 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi all. Kathy you can add Brilliance 10/13 and 10/25 '09 Med and Greek Isles for us unless we decide to do the Princess one we've been looking at. We moved our Mariner bookings there for now. It's great to plan. I love it. cheers
Sheila, ask our friend Skiiergirl on our Radiance roll call for next April about their recent cruise on Brilliance over in the Med. You might want to seriously consider Princess.

Patti, how is Ski? I didn't think she and Bob ventured that far away from home lol! ! Wonder how much golf they got to play over there?

d
Diane, they are both doing fine. They wanted to try something different, that's why they booked the Med cruise on Brilliance. I don't think that they played any golf. They are also going with us on the Member's cruise next April.

From Ski's email.................they had less than a good experience. But they are so used to sailing the Caribbean and doing the PC that they were really totally out of their cruising zone.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Good Morning All, Overcast day here today...

Kathy: Since you will be updating your list later, please add Celebrity Millennium 15nt Hawaii to Vancouver repo 4-09-10...Could not resist the itinerary plus we have been talking about trying out Celebrity & we get to sail with Diane & John cheers ...Be back Later...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Happy Father's Day to all the guys out there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Ok,lets see if I get this right..Sheila..what MA booking?? confused

Currently cruising--Jean--MN--BajaMexico

Jun
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th(till 7/5)--Diane&John visiting Jill

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
4th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
26th--Ginny--Liberty--WCarib

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
13th/25th--Sheila--Brilliance--Med&Greek Isles

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib

April
9th--Diane/Jill--Celebrity Millenium--Hawaii to Vancouver
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Kathy: just add another n to Millennium tongue and you got it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Kathy, We had 3 bookings on Mariner for the 46day repo so we moved one to the Indy and the other two to the Brilliance. Laughing

We had a nice time with the kids for Father's Day. We went out to eat and the little ones were so good. They just all left so we're kicking back and relaxing. This time next week we'll be with the other branch of the family in Ill. Life is good. Yay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Ok Sheila......thanks for explaining.......I was going crazy looking for that MA cruise..

Currently cruising--Jean--MN--BajaMexico

Jun
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th(till 7/5)--Diane&John visiting Jill

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
4th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
26th--Ginny--Liberty--WCarib

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii
26th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Oct
10th--Jean/Ginny--Monarch--BajaMexico

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty-- E. Carib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
22nd --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb/Nancy--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
14th--Kathy--Mariner--WCarib
18th--Jean--AzamaraJourney--Panal Canal

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
1st--Sheila-Independence-WCarib

8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Aug
30th--Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA
14th--Patti--Jewel--NewEngland/Canada

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib
4th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
9th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
13th/25th--Sheila--Brilliance--Med&Greek Isles

Nov
16th--Jean--Radiance--Mexico
20th--Nancy--Solstice--Med
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
30th--Nancy--Solstice--TA

Dec
7th---Chris & Martha--Grandeur--ECarib

April
9th--Diane/Jill--Celebrity Millennium--Hawaii to Vancouver
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 8:13 pm

Since we celebrated yesterday today was quiet and laid back. Actually I've been up since 1am working, finally finished up around noon and then took a nice little nap this afternoon. Just finished making supper, loaded the dishwasher and in a minute will go check to see how Tiger is doing.

Kathy, thanks again for keeping the list. Please let us know how your daughter makes out, one thing treating the thyroid is not like treating a cold. They'll have to play with her dosage, if that's her problem. If she's an impatient person you may need to warn her. Lot's of retesting and changing of the dosage, I have several different bottles of synthoid in the cabinet. Last year I went through three different levels. Now I'm back on 100's and seem to be doing ok. Oh and endocrinologists especially female ones (they seem to understand us better) are sometimes tough to find, just my TwoCents

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks Diane,........I will keep you all posted.........she did call last night and tell me,on one of her other meds(that the GYN prescribed)a side effect was shaking.told her to email the name of that (but she hasnt yet).....she said she was given it after she started her birth control shots........something to do with calcium,but I have no clue what that could be,,,,,,,,,,

Between her and now ,the darn truck is back in the shop..........dennis headed out yesterday and the truck went bonkers........he had to crawl back(in the truck) to the dealer.........so another major expense..........I am this close to cancelling our NYC trip........it really is not a good time now........I tossed and turned all night and think its best not to go............sure,Im disappointed,but I know its the right decision and I wont regret it...............
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 am

Kathy......she's right.......shaking is a symptom of low calcium.......since dd's surg in Feb having the thyroid removed, she gets shaky or her feet tingle when her calcium drops down. He has her taking calcium several times a day......Also if you're taking calc tabs don't take more than 400 at a time and take D also as the body has trouble absorbing it.....

The crap we all go thru with our meds!!....I had a thyr recheck appt the 17th but they've canx it so have to do it next week.

Just as well as a 'key' employee quit while I was gone so now have that to deal with......don't have any desire to go home..........

But I guess I better start packing up as Ray will be there Tmrow and I do want to see him!!!......

Have a great Monday everyone.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:18 am

Morning all one weekend down one to go until vacation!

You know I have a friend who just had thyroid surgery because of the low calcium issue and shaking. Same symptoms as your daughter. In Gay's case it didn't matter how many calcium supplements she took the thyroid just kept sucking it away to the point she was losing bone mass in her head of all places. She has lupus too so she was mis-diagnosed so many times before they hit the nail on the head.

I'd say it was gonna be hot again in Dallas but it is Dallas so what do you expect.

Julie welcome back how was the all girl cruise? Besides the brain-dead issues with some of the crew.

Watched a little bit of the Tony's last night caught the segment as Whoopie as "Mary Poppins" now that was funny.

Well need to get my day started.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:27 am

Morning All: Looks like y'all have been chatting away...Going for nail and ped appt later this AM...

Kathy: How terrible that you may cancel the NYC trip...We will just have to sit by the puter together and wait for Tony's report!!!

Jul: Have a safe trip back and check in when u return...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:40 am

Ok, heres the plan.............Dennis is staying here to work and Im going.............at least I know the city and will have people to hang out with(well,not on Tuesday till later),but it will be an adventure,to say the least............
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am

Kathy: So happy that you decided to go, even tho Dennis will be staying behind...
You will have fun (how could you not, with Lee the uber planner!!!) and the rest of the RC's...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:30 am

yea,Lee and I will be hanging out on wed.........going to dinner and to see a play......(we already had that planned with the 3 of us),but now its 2.....he even told me he'll walk me back to the hotel after....sucha nice guy..
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Morning..........

Kathy, so happy that you are going. Bring back all the news for us.

It's a beautiful day here...............air is off and windows are opened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Patti I guess the storm system already went past Cleveland. We expect it tonight and then we are to expect cooler temps. Right now it's still hot and humid but the clouds are gathering. We hope to have windows open tomorrow.

I just picked up Cassie from the groomer. She has these ridiculous bright pink bows in her ears. She looks like a poodle gone very wrong. I'll take them out as soon as Bob sees her.

Kathy I'm glad you decided to go ahead to NY. Just be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Jul welcome back.

I have laundry to do so I'd better get at it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:09 pm

hahah...yesterday they put bright pink and yellow bows on Hollys ears when she got groomed(to match her collar).........she is such a tomboy dog that bows looks funny on her..........it doesnt take long till they come out...
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm baaack! We had a really nice cruise - the crowd was a bit more subdued than we usually see on the 3-nighter, so we didn't feel as if we'd landed at Animal House. We had a great cabin steward. We skipped the dining room in favor of the WJ for Friday and Sunday (ate with the Guest Relations Manager and Group Coordinator last night) and were invited to dine with the Hotel Director on Saturday. That was really fun - at 60 credits we were second-most travelled, and ate with the most travelled (105) and the son of another Monarch regular. The HD picked some nice wines and, when he left the table a bit early, left instructions for us to carry on. So we did - the Food & Beverage manager was there, too, so the bar stayed open, LOL. I now feel like a bloated whale, but I'm drinking lots of water today.

Interesting discussion about the low calcium. I've been remiss in getting a full 1500mg daily, so about 3 weeks ago I started making sure to get 3 servings of dairy a day. My fingernails have gotten stronger and are starting to grow, so that's a positive. Kathy, I hope it all works out for Lauren!

I need a nap. I took one of the crew out to run some errands, so even though I left the ship at 8:00 I didn't get home until almost noon. I haven't even unpacked yet!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Bows sound really cute, but our dogs usually get scarves. Somehow I just don't think bows really fit well on Shelties lol! .

They don't like them either, I wind up taking them off as soon as the groomer leaves.

Welcome back Jean, sounds like you had a good time. Drinks

More L8R.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Sheila...........the storms were all south of us. We had nothing. They are still going through the southern counties..............here it is absolutely delightful.

Welcome home Jean...........aren't you a nice person to take a crew member under your wing!!

Kathy....you packed yet??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 pm

packed?? ummmmmm.........no.
stressing? Yes...... Mad and its always over the shoes......argggggggh.....

Welcome home Jean!!!Sounds like another wonderful cruise.............

Lauren went to the walk in doctor today...........they dont do blood tests for tyroids........told her she needs a primary doctor which she is working on............she called her GYN and she told her to stop the calcium and she will see her on Wednesday.Maybe she can do the blood test,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next