Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Just did some follow up reading over on cruisemates. There was some good points made. Now off to get my day going it's almost 9:00 AM and I am still in my walking clothes and playing at the computer. Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:30 pm

I finally got a coffee table yesterday! We remodelled the entire house in 2001 and I've been using a table that I bought in 1978, right after getting my first job out of business school. I just couldn't find one that was large enough. I got it from Pottery Barn, of all places. They usually have cute little things that are for Manhattan apartments, but this one was longer and wider than usual. I love it!

We had our dance lesson this morning and I stripped everything off the bed to wash it. I've made it back up except for the very top cover, so now it's time for a nap. The sun is out, but it's a little cool.

Hope everybody is enjoying the first day of the 3-day weekend!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 7:59 pm

critterchick wrote:

We had our dance lesson this morning and I stripped everything off the bed to wash it. I've made it back up except for the very top cover, so now it's time for a nap.

OK, MY BAD!!!! Jean, I read that and envisioned you and Don "DANCING IN THE BED" tongue

I'm finally feeling almost back to normal. A few sniffles left, but not bad. It did NOT get as warm here as predicted, but we did hit the upper 60's and it was sunny. We opened up the pool, which is usually a fiasco, but went quite well! We bought this new winter cover system last fall that Ray just had to have and I have to admit it is MUCH EASIER to open and close now! The only downside is that all the snow and fall, winter and spring rainfall actually seeps into the pool, so for the first time in a million years the pool is a lovely emerald (ok, algae) GREEN! Ray was so upset because it was his idea for the new cover system but I told him a couple of days and gallons of chlorine and it will be crystal clear again! Ah, it is sooo nice to think we might actually get in it by next week! sunny OK, that's wishful thinking, but it is possible!

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful long weekend!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Ginny, I feel for you and your situation with GD. I hope you both can find a way to work things out, even if it is remotely. 18 year olds do think they know everything ( I remember, I did!) but usually come back to reality eventually.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Thank you Susan.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi everyone! Decided to stay home this weekend. The weather is cool and drizzly.

Ginny- Will keep you and GD in our prayers.

Here is a couple of posts from our Mariner roll call on CC, I guess other people are have LS troubles.

Jezz, the PVSA thread that Zef and I have been contributing too has disappeared from Ask a Cruise Question.Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Eek

You know, I am really beginning to wonder what is going on
here. We get a warning to stay on topic, we do that and poof, the thread is
gone.

Post that the thread was never locked when I saw it, poof the post is gone.

Post the moderators have no reason to lock the thread (no nasty posts) poof,
the post is gone.

If we can't post opinions, then what is the use of posting at all? Which ship
or which cabin on a ship is best is an opinion, not a fact.

When new information showed up, it was posted to that thread. Otherwise, we did
get a little off topic at times, but still none of the harsh language that one
sees on the fashion and children on cruise ship threads.

Why would that thread get locked? Once, perhaps it was an error. Twice??? And
now deleted? Is there some pressure coming from NCL? Or perhaps a certain
senator from an island state? Kind of makes me wonder? Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Clip_image004

Is Laura the monitor on that thread?
She tends to be a power bully. If she doesn't like something, she will poof it
regardless of the rules. The others tend to allow opinions as long as you are
not advertising for someone. That is just my humble opinion.

Just food for thought............
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 9:48 pm

critterchick wrote:

We had our dance lesson this morning and I stripped everything off
WOWEE..............all you needed was a pole..............
Murphy wrote:
OK, MY BAD!!!! Jean, I read that and envisioned you and Don "DANCING IN THE BED" tongue
roflmao roflmao Susan, you beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Had to go back and reread Jean's post. This site is no longer rated PG-13 No
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:41 pm

One last laugh for the night...........no this is not from BM.

There is a thread on the main RCI boards about someome who wrote a review.................but this prson doesn't know what ship she was on. She put the name of the Ship as Navigator...................but the ship sailed out of PC. Do ya see something wrong already????????

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=41679

This is the link to the whole thread. Merion Mom had a priceless post............

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=780799
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:46 pm

You can always count on Merion_Mom to get it right! Love her!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:43 am

Hey everyone, I didn't get a chance to finish my post earlier, had to go, had company over for dinner. Anyway, those posts were from cuizer2 and cruisinchick, on our Mariner thread, and it just seems like more and more people are getting fed up with CC and LS in particular.
OnMySoapBox Okay that's all for tonight!

Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 9:07 am

Morning all! Looks like we bumped to a new thread again! I went back and counted, looks like this is thread #10! OMG!

Looking forward to the Indy coverage today. I don't follow all the racing, but my Dad is a big Indy fan and it was always a tradition in our family to watch. We would sit down this morning and everyone would pick their winner. Then we'd listen to it while we BBQ'd all afternoon. Yes, back then you had to listen to it on the radio! No race coverage on TV! Anyway, I'm being nostalgic! It is a nice memory and hope you are all doing something fun this weekend as well!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:33 am

Good morning all......

Worked 8am til midnight last night......tent sale did what I was hoping on the first day.......now onto the second day.......dd and dh left around 10ish last night so my sil and I get to go in a little later......GOOD, cuz I CAN"T MOVE!....soooo sore

Have a GR8 Sunday y'all......

Susan...enjoy the race.........my sil will definitely be irritated that he has to help us as he is a big racing fan.....

j
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Good morning everyone...............I know that this is becoming old news now..............but just had to share with you what Jim found this morning in our Sunday Plain Dealer on the front page of the Metro Section..............here's the link

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1211704423120580.xml&coll=2

Now, what do you think of this report's comment..............

"Brenda Moran describes herself in one online "profile" as a retired police officer - the origin of her "MACOP" screen name. State records show no one with her name has been a commissioned law-enforcement officer in Ohio. She did serve briefly as a volunteer "auxiliary officer" in Cleveland, with no arrest powers, no sidearm and no commission, said police Lt. Tom Stacho. However, he added, "we were forced to cut ties with her three years ago." He wouldn't elaborate.

This is something that should appear on cruise mates. It just reinforces that she is not credible in anything that she says.

I do plan on emailing the reporter as I feel it did a very far and balanced report. He might enjoy hearing from anyone that has read his column. If it didn't give his email address its jnichols@plaind.com
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote="cruisenfever"]Good morning everyone...............I know that this is becoming old news now..............but just had to share with you what Jim found this morning in our Sunday Plain Dealer on the front page of the Metro Section..............here's the link

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1211704423120580.xml&coll=2

Now, what do you think of this report's comment..............

"Brenda Moran describes herself in one online "profile" as a retired police officer - the origin of her "MACOP" screen name. State records show no one with her name has been a commissioned law-enforcement officer in Ohio. She did serve briefly as a volunteer "auxiliary officer" in Cleveland, with no arrest powers, no sidearm and no commission, said police Lt. Tom Stacho. However, he added, "we were forced to cut ties with her three years ago." He wouldn't elaborate.

This is something that should appear on cruise mates. It just reinforces that she is not credible in anything that she says.

I do plan on emailing the reporter as I feel it did a very far and balanced report. He might enjoy hearing from anyone that has read his column. If it didn't give his email address its jnichols@plaind.com[/quote]

WOW, Patti that's an eye opener about her "Police Service" I'm sure that once this article hits print she'll be in deep doo doo with the boys in blue. Does not sound as if they parted on good terms to me? I for one am very happy to see that someone has finally done some backgrond investigation into her so called police service. She should apoligize to all.

Patti, just checked someone already added the link over on Cruise-Mates.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:47 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally the truth comes out!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:51 pm

I just took another look at cruisemates and Paul is asking anyone who know of other so called happenings by our friend to comment. Oh, and the article from our PD is on cruisemates already thanks to Oliver (Fl Cruiser64)

I see that Sheila did a very nice job in her response.................WTG girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:14 pm

I would so die of embarrassment if I were them.........Unbelievable but when you put as much as she does on the net then I guess you almost have to expect it.....

HOT HOT HOT here today.........

D...sure wish I had your pool!!!

back to the tent sale

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm

I am so happy that the reporter did background checking on the wingnut...Possibly she will finally get her commupence (sp???)!
Maybe someone should send the link of the story to LS Smile !!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Way to go Sheila Cheers Cheers
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:55 pm

jillybabes wrote:
I am so happy that the reporter did background checking on the wingnut...Possibly she will finally get her commupence (sp???)!
Maybe someone should send the link of the story to LS Smile !!!
I'm sure Laura will see it................but will that make any difference? She'll just turn and look the other way. Sad Sad

Check this out........don't know how long it will last.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781084
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:30 pm

OK, I'm starting to feel sorry for her... well, maybe NOT!!!!! What goes around comes around as they say!!!

Patti, thanks for the link! You are right, it won't last long!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi Patti,
Well thanks to Sheila's advice a while back I now know how to find y'all whenever this thread reinvents itself.

Read all the stuff about Brenda. Really ticks me off when folks claim the First Amendment to cover their taking "license" and lack of good judgement!!
It was never written for that abuse.

WE just finished the 12 and 13 hr. days of the conference and we are still in recovery.

Our Glacier Gang for this year is in the process of "designing" stuff for the cruise. Just found out two of the couples on the Alaska will also be one on our Voyager and one on our Mariner.

Jean, Carol and gang on the Mariner are cracking us up on the thread....this is going to be a very entertaining cruise if nothing else. On the Voyager there has been a suggestion of marching around the ship with Masks on and throwing out strings of beads....would be fun on the Mariner too.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Murphy wrote:
OK, I'm starting to feel sorry for her... well, maybe NOT!!!!! What goes around comes around as they say!!!

Patti, thanks for the link! You are right, it won't last long!
It's gone!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi guys, What did I miss? I just got in and whatever you linked is gone now Patti. Do tell. That PD article was very interesting. I think the reporter did well to intimate that she is really a wingnut without ever really saying it. I love that the police dept had to part company with her. I guess they still go for coffee and Google Earth searches on the wide screen TV. Rolling Eyes

Paul on Cruisemates wants us to tell our stories over there strictly off the record of course, but I'm not too sure about that. They may end up on 60 mins or Oprah. Do you guys want me to tell any? Of course you could all sign on over there and tell your own experiences.

Patti I'll bet you about died when you opened your paper today. I don't think it's over yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next