Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Sheila, someone posted the link to Patti's paper and then lots of folks responded. It of course became personal towards BM and was yanked. But before it was, somone asked about her other reviews like the one about Imodium and someone posted a link to epinions and her Awesome1 reviews. It was eye opening for some and then the thread got yanked.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Paul on Cruisemates wants us to tell our stories over there strictly off the record of course, but I'm not too sure about that. They may end up on 60 mins or Oprah. Do you guys want me to tell any? Of course you could all sign on over there and tell your own experiences.

I wouldn't mind being on Oprah, but I think this would end up being on something more like Springer! affraid
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Sheila.....you've got my vote to go over to cruisemates and just tell it like it is!! Do ya remember everything that happened on our Alaska cruise? I've got it documented if you want it.

Susan............that's too funny about ending up on Springer. Though I believe that Jerry is off the air now...............and Maurry Povich (sp) has taken over. I can see it all now...........one chair for her and many many chairs for us!!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Maybe they would bring Springer back for Sweeps week! It should would draw a lot of viewers... at least from the cruising community! Wink I can see the promos now: "wronged cruiser.... or lying SOB...you decide. This unassuming cruiser is coming to the show thinking she is going to tell her tale of mistreatment. Little does she know that a pack of Polar Bears is waiting to confront her and prove her wrong!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi everyone, I finally made it back to the good old U.S.A. Had a great time in Peru and the Galapagos, but very hectic. Definitiely missed all those relaxing sea days.

I seem to have missed a lot of things going on, haven't had a chance to find the previous posts on thread #9. But from what I did read, sounds as though CCC is going to end up in her own version of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I'm not sure any of us should go down with her - she really isn't worth it. Will be interested to see her NCL review.

Ginny - It must have been a very difficult time for you with GD. Hope you and she still keep in touch, and, as others have said, she may come back to you emotionally when she matures. Hope it hasn't upset GS too much.

Patti & Sheila - So glad I didn't do the TA with you. I really regretted getting off in Sao Paulo, but now I know it was for the best.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:37 pm

WELCOME HOME JEAN2...........you'll have to tell us all about your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am going to email you a question, so check your emails.

JEAN2..........you have mail!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Welcome home Jean 2. We want to hear all about it.

Patti I am a bit reluctant to start spouting off over there. Trust issues I think. I'm afraid what is posted "Off the record" will end up on someone's record somewhere. I will respond where I think clarification is needed as to her character. Does that sound silly? Am I being too suspicious or cautious?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:28 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
I am so happy that the reporter did background checking on the wingnut...Possibly she will finally get her commupence (sp???)!
Maybe someone should send the link of the story to LS Smile !!!
I'm sure Laura will see it................but will that make any difference? She'll just turn and look the other way. Sad Sad

Check this out........don't know how long it will last.

[url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781084
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781084[/quote[/url]]

So what was the thread about Patti? Since it isn't there any longer.

Welcome back Jean, you sure missed the fun lol! .

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:35 am

Good evening, ladies! I had a busy day - went to the gym, grocery store, did some gardening and cooking. My feet are KILLING me tonight. They're not happy that I was standing all day. oof.

Sorry I missed the thread, but checke dout Cruisemates - I haven't been over there before. I'm pretty tired of CC, but intertia keeps me there until I finally open my big mouth & get banned.

Hope everybody who is still awake is having a good night!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:16 am

Quote :
Sheila, someone posted the link to Patti's paper and then lots of folks responded. It of course became personal towards BM and was yanked. But before it was, somone asked about her other reviews like the one about Imodium and someone posted a link to epinions and her Awesome1 reviews. It was eye opening for some and then the thread got yanked.

Di, Here is the reply I got when I asked the same thing. I missed it too Mad
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:27 am

Morning all! Jean 2, I'd love to hear about your Galapagos trip!

I see there are a few "new" posters over on Cruisemates. Anyone want to fess up? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:34 am

Morning everyone and Happy Memorial Day..................it's going to be a stormy day here. Jim just left as he has to do traffic control for our parade which begins at 10:00. Yes, he is with the "auxiliary" unit of our PD.................almost 35 years of service.

That thread that was yanked was somebody that posted the link from our paper and some people responded. It didn't last long................why am I not surprised. Shocked

Hey Sheila............get ready..............the boys of speed are heading your way for next Sunday's race at Dover!!

I sent the link to the article to Reyno and told him to let Patrick (GMoney) read it as he is on the Radiance right now. Thought Patrick would enjoy it since he was one that got Reyno ready for the blond bombshell's arrival last September.

Have a great day....................
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:57 am

Good morning all

Do hope all of you are having a great Holiday.
We have had some rough weather here, just as we got home from a graduation party yesterday the tornado sirens sounded. A tornado touched down in a town about 20 mi. from us killing seven people and leveling about a third of the town. Other damage as close as 7 miles. This type of weather makes me so uneasy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:05 am

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning all

Do hope all of you are having a great Holiday.
We have had some rough weather here, just as we got home from a graduation party yesterday the tornado sirens sounded. A tornado touched down in a town about 20 mi. from us killing seven people and leveling about a third of the town. Other damage as close as 7 miles. This type of weather makes me so uneasy.

Stay safe Nancy. That's scary stuff. I always worry about our PB's in "Tornado Alley"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:11 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning everyone and Happy Memorial Day..................it's going to be a stormy day here. Jim just left as he has to do traffic control for our parade which begins at 10:00. Yes, he is with the "auxiliary" unit of our PD.................almost 35 years of service.

That thread that was yanked was somebody that posted the link from our paper and some people responded. It didn't last long................why am I not surprised. Shocked

Hey Sheila............get ready..............the boys of speed are heading your way for next Sunday's race at Dover!!

I sent the link to the article to Reyno and told him to let Patrick (GMoney) read it as he is on the Radiance right now. Thought Patrick would enjoy it since he was one that got Reyno ready for the blond bombshell's arrival last September.

Have a great day....................

Patti, we drove by on the bypass yesterday. It goes behind the Raceway and past the parking and trailer areas which BTW are VAST. Ther are already hundreds of trailers and motor homes parked and little villages are being formed. Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 11:27 am

The storms blew thru here last night. Ray got called in this morning at 3:00am so he could post flood areas on the roads. Thankfully he is home already and the sun is out and it is a beautiful day here! I can't believe the tornado pictures that were on the news this morning. Everyone stay safe!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Good Morning SPB's:

Stay safe Nancy, that sure is scary being so close to you...

Hope everyone has a great day relaxing and visiting with friends and family...
We have a town picnic to go to this afternoon so will check in Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:15 pm

Happy Memorial Day, all! I'm just trying to catch up around the house. I made a couple of soups yesterday - it was chilly so I figured I should do it while I was in the mood.

I made a corn, white bean and ham soup and a beef & bok choy "bowl," both from Cooking Light, and really easy! Here they are:

Summer Corn & White Bean Soup:
Ingredients
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup sliced green onions
3/4 cup chopped cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained

Preparation

Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and ham, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in corn and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Yield
6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)

Nutritional Information

CALORIES 278(17% from fat); FAT 5.3g (sat 1g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.4g); PROTEIN 17g; CHOLESTEROL 16mg; CALCIUM 150mg; SODIUM 593mg; FIBER 10.1g; IRON 4.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 42.8g

Beef and Bok Choy Hot Pot

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup low-salt beef broth
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 1/4 cups chopped green onions
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
2 cups hot cooked wide rice noodles or fettuccine

Preparation

Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add beef, browning on all sides. Add broth mixture, green onions, garlic, and ginger; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Stir in bok choy and carrot, and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Serve beef mixture over noodles.

Yield

4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups beef mixture and 1/2 cup noodles)

Nutritional Information

CALORIES 369(29% from fat); FAT 11.7g (sat 3.5g,mono 4.2g,poly 2.4g); PROTEIN 26.3g; CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 90mg; SODIUM 931mg; FIBER 3.5g; IRON 3.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 36.6g
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:16 pm

And wherever the recipe calls for fresh ginger or garlic, I always use the bottled stuff. I haven't chopped a garlic clove in years. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:42 pm

No kids here today, Tricia is working (car dealership) and Jake is golfing and Bob and Dawn were here yesterday. We had planned a quiet day at home but the neighbors have invited us over for a spur of the moment cookout. Good thing I just baked an angelfood cake and have fresh strawberries.

Nancy keep safe we are thinking of you.

Susan I've been meaning tell tell you how much I like your avatar. My Grandmother had poppies (I'm guessing those are poppies) and when I see your avatar I always think of her.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.

d
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Jean #2 Thank you . Welcome home will be good to hear about your travels.

Nancy so sad to see the pictures on the news and hear about the deaths. Lived through a few tornadoes when living at Little Rock AFB.

Jean #1 your soups sound good.

Went to see the Harrison Ford movie last night, lot's of fun. Popcorn was good also
Very Happy

Patti what a hoot, and the article you posted was balanced way more then any other I have read. Missed the thread but got the idea with your description here.

You'll have a great day.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Morning everyone!

Soups sound good Jean! It is chilly here too! I have ribs to barbecue tonight, so hoping the sun comes out.

I scrapbooked yesterday, got 10 pages done in my Alaska album.
I am up to 42 pages! I still have Washington, Oregon, and SF to do!

Just read the cruisemates thread, can't believe it is still going. I almost signed up so I could post, but decided it is just probably beating a dead rug!

Has anyone mentioned the fact that other people I think, Susan not sure who else, were actually without toilets for awhile! They didn't get a check for $500??????? I don't think I can read anymore, but it looks like everyone has her pegged.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Jen, you are correct. We were sans-toilet for about 12 hours as I recall. I just chalked it up to cruise-ship problems and worked around it. I will say the bidet helped... affraid

I have no intentions of posting that though! It would only give credence to the fact that there were some malfunctions on the ship and may imply she got what she deserved.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Hummm, looks like another of my posts didn't "take", so here I go again...

Yes, Diane, those are poppies in my avatar. Oriental poppies and they were my Mom's! Unfortunately they did not survive our re-landscaping last year and I need to replace them. I really did miss them this spring!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:58 pm

HI all........

Back to internet land for me..............Since Dennis was home all weekend,I stayed off the puter......hes now on his way to Key West so back online for me,.

Diane-----I knew it was you since you mentioned being on the RD with BM........and I am so glad someone finally figured out she really wasnt a cop(and even got booted from doing that!!)

Ginny-sorry you had a difficult time with your GD.....Im sure she'll grow up some and realize her attitude isnt exactly right............

Susan-glad you're feeling better........cant believe you were without a toilet for 12 hrs... Hope the storms are finished by you now for awhile...........You too Nancy....tornadoes would scare the crap outta me...........

Jen-----I dont blame that poster for saying that.......I think things like that all the time,but of course,cant say it on CC..........My friend asked me what happened to that PVSA thread too..........(I dont follow it myself)

Patti--guess I missed that thread too...............wonder if LS is reading any of the other posts on other boards about BM...........

Welcome home Jean2.....sounds like a neat trip.....

Jean-those recipes look really good esp the first one..Looks like we are not going on the last SS cruise................inlaws wanted to go on the MA one more time.....we booked it for Dec and Dennis really cant do both.........and I dont really want to cruise alone(I dont think.........have to think about it...havent cancelled it yet)........

I do see alot more people posting on CM inc a few from here...........I had forgotten I signed up and posted with them a couple of years ago,........I think I had gotten invited from some that had gotten fed up with LS and CC.........can you blame them???

I dont think its right BM gets death threats,but I sure dont feel sorry for all the negative comments she is getting..........I wonder what RCCL is thinking........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next