Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:14 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Oh I am so glad that the link worked and that you were all able to enjoy it. Mike O'Meara is a local trouble shooter on WKYC-3 and he really needs to hear the REAL story and not just take her word for it. Did ya catch the part where when the tears started he reached out to her. Give me a break.

That link needs to be sent to either Rachel or somebody at RCI................

BTW.....if a news channel was coming over to my house to do an interview..........I would certainly put on some makeup and not look like I just woke up! affraid

She looked like a bag lady.

d
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone--

Our internet and phone went down Tuesday morning, we got the phone back up yesterday but NO INTERNET until this afternoon. I knew I would miss a lot, appreciate the video from Patti, it did help catch up.
You all have been very busy, I have lots to read.
Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi all. Stayed home from work today to try to kick this thing. I'm glad I did, since I've been sleeping almost all day. Just got up and watched the video. Thanks for the link Patti. So, how did this all start anyway? Do you think she called the TV station, or did it start on one of the boards and someone picked up the story? It seems like RCCL knows about it and is taking the high road. After all, what are they going to say: she's a bold faced lier? Well, we know she is, or at least an exaggerator, but don't think they can call her out like that. And yes, she looks like a bag lady!!!!!!!! Smile I'm still coughing up a storm, but at least I'm smiling now!

I noticed she hasn't posted anything for a few days. What happened on the boards? Did people chat about it? Did she respond?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Oh, yeah, I noticed the poll of the day was : "Do you think a cruise line should be able to ban a cruiser" so I am assuming there was some chatter over there. Sorry I missed it!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Susan, sorry you are still not feeling well. The first link is where it started and then just escalated from there..................She had to have notified this Anita person herself..........

Banned
from Royal Caribbean for complaing too much

Then when you are done with that you can read this................

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Thanks Patti. I read the MSN and other articles, but when I go to the cc board link it just takes me to the main RCCL board, not thread. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:07 pm

[quote="PH8"]Try this Susan..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=777698[/quote]

You know every time I read that thread I find it even more amazing that Anita person got suckered into believing her.

I really hope that someone comes forward and slaps her down a few pegs.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Thanks Kathy, that worked. I'm really surprised she didn't respond herself! She's got to love the attention!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks Kathy and Diane, I was just about to add the correct link.........DUH.........

I believe that she is not allowed to post on the RCI boards (per her mommy) since this fiasco began and ended in November. I could be wrong.

Some of those comments on some of those sites had to be her in disguise.............especially the ones about the meany people on CC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm

You know this might be really good news for RCCL.........their stock has been plummeting..........but now that people are guaranteed a non Moron cruise, I bet the stocks soar....... lol!

OH yea...I agree with the no makeup and messy hair..........I wouldnt be caught dead like that on TV.......much less at my local grocery store..........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:44 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Thanks Kathy and Diane, I was just about to add the correct link.........DUH.........

I believe that she is not allowed to post on the RCI boards (per her mommy) since this fiasco began and ended in November. I could be wrong.

Some of those comments on some of those sites had to be her in disguise.............especially the ones about the meany people on CC.

Yes, especially the one with the name "tellingthetruth". And, I wouldn't be surprised if she emailed Ephraim and had him post so he'd defend her too!

I remember that she posted that the AG of Florida was going to interview her about the incident with her toes. That was back in March, I think. Maybe that's what this was all about.

Almost time to call it quits

Tomorrow will be a short day.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:16 pm

PH8 wrote:
You know this might be really good news for RCCL.........their stock has been plummeting..........but now that people are guaranteed a non Moron cruise, I bet the stocks soar....... lol!

OH yea...I agree with the no makeup and messy hair..........I wouldnt be caught dead like that on TV.......much less at my local grocery store..........

Are you kidding Kathy, that's her formal night attire (Well almost) lol! She wore that shirt with short short gym style shorts to one of the M&M's I attended with her.

Hi Everybody, Still trying to ketchup and I'm more amazed by the minute. Thanks Patti for the video link. I hope RCCL comes out soon with a disclaimer of some sort.

Jean "Critterchick" Since you have such a wonderful way with words, couldn't you email Rachel Hancock and assure her of the staunch support of the "Polar Bears" Just a thought. I believe that your communications after Radiance had a lot to do with some of the action taken.

I'm having a bit of a sad day today. Bob and I had to make our final trip to our beloved summer cottage and clean out the rest of what we wanted. I even dug up flowers and plants and brought them home to plant here. The land owners have sold the land out from under us and we have been in a very long law suit. We couldn't stop the sale but we did manage to get an OK settlement although that place was worth a million dollars to us and our children and grandchildren over the years. One bright spot in the whole thing is more cruise money cheers Off to lick my wounds.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Sheila, Sorry to hear about your summer cottage. That is such a bummer!

I wanted to show you all some pictures from the street painting festival last weekend. They are in my webshots album, but here are a few.

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2760722560101628544S500x500Q85

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2899280250101628544S500x500Q85

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2460815380101628544S500x500Q85

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2608897870101628544S500x500Q85

Last edited by JJ2sail on Thu May 22, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:40 pm

A few more.............

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2117201700101628544S500x500Q85

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2172222620101628544S500x500Q85

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 2029248870101628544S500x500Q85
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Very cool pictures Jen thanks for sharing.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:39 pm

OMG Jen............those pictures are amazing. I assume that they are using colored chalk. Now, I hope that you guys don't have rain so that everyone can enjoy them for a long time.

Sorry to hear about your loss Sheila...................but sooooooo glad to hear about your gain.

I think that since Jean is a legal beagle.............she would be the right person to do it. She just as such a fluent way with words!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:54 pm

Sheila, sorry for your loss! It must be very sad to lose your place. All I can suggest is to keep the memories!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. I knew my Polar Bear sisters would understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:18 pm

Simply amazing pics,Jen.....those people are very artistic.......Me?? Maybe a stick figure is all I can draw..

Sorry you had a sad day Sheila and its a shame you lost the fight to keep the house. I cant believe she looked like that on a cruise.........what was she thinking???????

I had emailed AG my support........he was helpful to me last week on the MA...every day i asked "Mitzi" at the guest relations about my $70 OBC...she told me I wasnt entitled to it......I explained to her how it worked and I was.....she didnt believe me..........I got on the puter and printed out the March 10th RCCL statement saying we were to get it back as OBC......she told she she emailed Miami and would let me know......no word(and no OBC),day 2,day 3,day 4,day 5,day 6....I emailed AG myself and he wrote me back ASAP.......said he was not in Miami but would have a colleage help me.....I kept checking with Mitzi and told her I heard back from AG and I was pretty sure she would hear something SOON......had my OBC later that day.......the last night! She was a *itch and no wonder nobody liked her when she was the concierge...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm

PH8 wrote:

I had emailed AG my support........
On the banning article? You should have sent him the link that I provided from the news station. Remember.........he likes you cause you're so special!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Yea, what can I say?? I hang out with VERY special people Cool
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi, ladies, I just got in, so I'll go check the video and send the link to Rachel. I imagine she's already seen it, but it will give me an opportunity to thank her for sending Radiance to San Diego for awhile.

Sheila, my condolences - I would be really sad if I had to leave a place I love. I hear you about digging up the plants, too - I have a garden full of plants grown from cuttings and seedlings (some were given to me, some were stolen, one bird of paradise was rescued from a recycling dumpster - I do stray critters AND plants, LOL).

Kathy, I'm still doing a 3-nighter on 10/10 on Monarch, but not staying on for the B2B. But you can add 9/26 instead - I just moved the reservation there. By the time Monarch leaves for PC I'll have 21 cruises on her, and I hope C&A has a record of all of them, LOL.

I can't remember whether I posted or not, but I'm so psyched that I'm going to post again - our Azamara Panama Canal cruise went down $1200 for the two of us yesterday! Yep, $600 apiece! I was reading a thread about price drops on Splendour (or lack thereof), so I checked all my cruises, and there it was! I sent Bob an email (this was at about 11:00) and he applied it first thing.

Anybody want to run away for the holidays with us? 16 nights Miami to LA.

OK, I'm going to watch the video and mull over my comments to Rachel. Oh, I never hit "send" on this message, so here's what rolled off my fingers. See what you all think:

Rachel, first of all, I wanted to thank you and RCI for listening to us West Coasters’ plea for a Radiance class ship. When you and I first met on Liberty, we chatted briefly about it, and I guess I wasn’t alone in that sentiment. We’ve already booked three cruises on her for the fall of 2009 (Don and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary onboard) and will likely take another one or two in the spring of 2010. Thanks!

Since I’m the wordy one in our little group of Polar Bears (you may remember our group of Cruise Critics who met or reconnected on a Roll Call for the Ultimate Alaska cruise last September), some of the ladies have asked me to express our support for Royal Caribbean in the wake of the publicity spawned by Brenda Moran and her husband. Having witnessed first hand her disruptive effect on other passengers’ enjoyment of their cruise and having endured her endless and inarticulate prattle on Cruise Critic, much of which contains inaccurate or outright false information, we applaud RCCL’s decision to invite her to cruise elsewhere.

I imagine that you are under orders not to discuss the matter, and I totally understand, but just wanted to let you know that our doughty (or dotty, if you prefer J) little band is quite pleased with the result.

And for your files…

http://www.wkyc.com/video/default.aspx?mid=749594774&GID=CMu6IJ7RReie7j+lxf824CDdv3kyhGVWUuXherQTVpo%3D

I know I got all choked up…

Take care, and see you on the high seas!

-Jean
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:28 am

Sounds good to me Jean. Thanks Very Happy

Jen, those were great photos thank you for sharing them. I so wish I could draw.

Sheila, I am sorry that a the case didn't end in your favor. Being able to take some of the plants with you will be a nice living reminder of the wonderful years you had as a family in your summer home.

What a great surprise Jean, a price reduction is always reason to have a glass Congratulations
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:58 am

OMG...........we are ROFL at that link Patti..........good GRACIOUS.....

Even dh is mystified.....

had to work open to close tonight.........sooo dead tired........

jen......great photos........

gotta catch some zzzzz's

j
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: