Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
frudutx
critterchick
jillybabes
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Twitchy - I always go to "new posts" and there it was plain as day...and *she* was online, I'll bet she saw it and reported it. AT LEAST I HOPE SHE DID, AND HOPE OTHERS saw it as well. I'm thinking it was NCL person who has already had enough of her.

She's trying to be the "star" on NCL, isn't she???? roflmao Wonder when she'll finally take out RCCL as her favorite cruiseline.

Wow, I'm in a really b****y mood tonight....sorry folks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi gang...............well,I had a very depressing afternoon.......went bathing suit shopping.. No HATE it..........I think things look so cute on the rack,but they dont look good on me.....I wound up with 2,but felt pressured cuz they were 40% off plus senior discount(15%)..... only have to be 50.........ran into a friend of mine and we both tried on suits and showed each other(You know you're good friends when you can do that!!)........

I did see ALOT of those tops you were all talking about(the ones that make you look pregnant).......

CCC is a trip........wonder who that mysterious poster was..........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Chris....interesting post.........hopefully she saw but somehow I doubt it would do any good...........

We've had an employee like her in the past and nobody wanted to deal with the person and even would rather poke a needle in their eye than call the person BUT they never got it......they never understood that people were laughing at them and they were the 'village idiot"!!!........some people are just oblivious.....(maybe that's why there is such a word....oblivious)

Store starting to get quiet and hoping to get outta here in an hour or so.......we'll see.....

Kathy......sorry u had an unpleasant shopping trip......but then swimsuit shopping is......I ordered one a year ago from JCP and love it, however now I can't find another one like it......Lands End has some styles similar but OMG are they expensive........We sell swimsuits at one of our stores and dh thinks it's ridiculous that I'm willing to spend $100 on a good suit when we own thousands of them.......Men JUST don't understand swimsuit shopping.....

Off to get things finished up........soooo have a good evening........

GOOD JOB CHRIS!! Patti'll be proud of ya!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:24 pm

$100 is not bad if you like it........so worth it.......

Before I signed off for the night,I wanted say BON VOYAGE to Jean as she spends time at her home away from home.................have fun!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:24 pm

$100 is not bad if you like it........so worth it.......

Before I signed off for the night,I wanted say BON VOYAGE to Jean as she spends time at her home away from home.................have fun!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Kathy ...I agree........I told dh that I would spend $150 on a good suit if I liked it.....he just groaned!!!

QUESTION......does anyone know if someone has a passport in their maiden name and has been married for 4 years is it ok to use for a cruise?? or will they deny it cuz it's the wrong name.....she would take her marriage cert with her.....

I'm looking at doing the Sov out of PC in june with my dd and she never updated her passport after she got married and I'd be worried that it wouldn't come back in time if we sent it off now.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Jul - You're thinking of doing the caribbean? I think it's still ok just to have a b/c and driver's license. Anyway, when my passport was stolen, it only took 11 days after I applied for me to get it back, and I did NOT have it expedited. Still might be wise to try and get one.
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:40 am

Thanks for the Bon Voyage wishes! I'm not into packing just yet - I'll have my usual frenzy in the morning. Don should be just about finished by now. I'm packing for the 3-nighter & then will come home Monday to pack for 4 nights (and pet my dogs).
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 am

Bon Voyage Jean.......have a great b2b

Good morning everyone........dead tired after yday.......hopefully can stay home a little later this am.......

Chris, thanks for the info, I do have her bc.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Morning everyone!

Have a good cruise Jean!

Have a good weekend everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:00 pm

TGIF, it's been one of those weeks!

At least I did get a few problems solved at work this week so it hasn't been a total loss.

scratch I think that CCC is trying to get attention and is saying stupid stuff just to get people to respond and as usual it's working. I just wish Patti and Sheila were here to read her posts they're always good for a few laughs.

More storms last night although they weren't as bad as last week.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Diane..........I think ur totally right.........I do believe CCC does it on purpose to get attention......seeing how she acted in the CL it was totally for attention.......surely no one would swing on the poles like she did in public AND NOT be drunk!!!!

Bought my swimsuit today online......got the same one as I bought last time only different color......jcp had a 20% cpn in email yday so I took that as an omen.....$42 plus S&H.....

Weird.......at JCP if you buy a suit in store you can't return it, but if you buy it from the catalog, you can........very strange but that's why I buy online

Well.......at work again so have a good day y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi all.

Busy morning.....

Started around 8:30......saw a big black dog loose outside........barking at kids as they walked to the bus stop........I recognized this dog(neighbors) and knew it had an aggresive behavior to it--tried to attack a kid before)).........called animal control.....they came out and needed back up......the dog charged the guy......took them an hour to finally tranquilize it(but it didnt stop him from running to the next neighborhood).......he never laid down....kept on going........he was not a nice dog........they finally got him and took him away..I asked the guy what happens now......they left a note on the neighbors door and the dog is labeled dangerous...the animal control people keep it awhile to "diagnosis"(?) it....then the people can have him back........if he gets loose again, they will then have to pay $600 a year to keep a dangerous dog..........Im waiting for animal control to come back to pick up the complaint I signed(even though the neighbors wont know its me.but if they didnt,I wouldnt care--the dog is a threat)........

I just wonder when they realize their dog is not in the backyard.....like most people,the come home thru the garage and the note is on the front door....

Think Im returning my 2 bathing suits I bought........not crazy about them,.....I'll just wear the ones I have...

While i was looking up the passport question,(yes,Chris is right--you dont need a passport till June 09)....I came across this......a passport card........cheaper than a passport........not good for flights,but good for cruises and drving...its not out yet...

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/ppt_card/ppt_card_3926.html
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Kathy........sounds like an eventful morning.......

Cold and windy here..........another family bday party to go to..........will be really glad when this week is OVER......please tell me Sun is almost here......

The passport card looks interesting.......it must be cheaper than a passport otherwise what would be the advantage??...Why not just get a passport and be done with it..........Sometimes tho I'm too logical....

If I get this arranged then my dd will just use her dl and bc.......she can bring the passport and marriage cert but I'm not going to worry about having a new one done in time.

back to work.........this day has gone sooo fast........crazy!

Linda and Maurice arrive in town tmrw....(linda in KY)....looking forward to seeing them.

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Julie tell Linda & Maurice we said hey hope they have a safe trip. Enjoy your visit.

I was supposed to work tomorrow evening but, oh darn the gal I was supporting cancelled her changes and so now I don't have to work . Cool

The company is looking for someone to go to Abu Dhabi for 8 weeks, what do you think? Think I'd look ok in a burka? If anything I'd get a break from the crap here.

But, the week ended on a high note solved all of my opened issues so I'll have no problem staring me in the face on Monday.

Well, need to shut down the old lap-top and wait for JW to call.

Later Y'all.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Hi All,

The good news.....I have now shed 4 and 1/2 lbs. AND Leslie Sansone does the workout DVD for Nutrisystem as well...and I like it...goes for an hour.

The bad news......Bob was doing the planting beds in our back yard yesterday afternoon and I was helping him. A neighborhood kitty came to visit as he does every so often. Decided he wanted to play in the beds Bob was working on and wouldn't be shooed. so I picked him up to move him and he bit me. Bit became infected, red, and swollen over night....so made a quick call to my Doc and made an emergency visit....so am now taking powerful antibioics. This stuff is potent as I already have the use of my thumb back...it was stiff from the swelling.

Jul...when we came through LAX Customs last month, the officer said that after a certain date they are going to be earmarking or listing those that come through without a Passport, even though you might have a b/c and license. Don't want to be on anybody's list!!! Yikes.

Have a great weekend.
Jean...you and Celia try to stay out of trouble next week.....I know that isn't any fun!!!! LOL!

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Mar.........sorry to hear of your 'bite'.....things aren't dull are they!!!....Make sure with powerful antibiotics that you eat yogurt.......my dd got bit by a brown recluse once and the antib were really strong, she got sicker from that than the bite. Dr said yogurt to put the bacteria back in your body that the antib kills.......GOOD LUCK!!

Maybe I'll just see if she can get it in and done........hate to have her be earmarked!!

Have a family bday again tonight (this week is always THREE)...by the time the third one hits I don't want to see cake for a month!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Mar - Hope your bite has recovered - didn't realize cat bites could be infectious. And you were just trying to be nice.

Jul - 3 birthdays in a week - you seem to have a lot of family! Give Linda & Maurice my best wishes.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi everyone!

Well I have one boy sent off for the weekend, and now waiting for the other two to leave, and then two days of blissfull peace and quiet! Yay

Mar- It's a good thing you went right in to the Doctor. I didn't know cat bites were infectious either, until I got bit last year. And my sister, being a nurse, told me that cat bites are one of the worst bites you can get. I got bit on a Sunday afternoon, and she cleaned it really good for me, but by morning mine was infected also. When I called Kaiser they said to come right in and took me right away, and pretty much said the same thing, that cat bites always need to be treated. Keep taking those antibiotics!

Guess I better go help the boys pack!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Jul - Please say Hey to Linda and Maurice for Martha and me too! Really hope we can have that drink with you on the next visit.

Mar - Keep doing what the doc says...yes, cat bites can be treacherous!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...and stay away from stray cats.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:29 pm

Had no idea that Leslie did the NS dvd, how cool is that. Very Happy

Also it is good to hear that the medication is all ready helping with the cat bite. Mad cat

Was hopeful to make it to JCP today but didn't. I did make it to dress barn and return an outfit I bought last week but kept one other I was going to return. Also did a bunch of errands and can home ready for a nap.
Sleep

Say hello to Linda and Maurice for me as well please Smile

Another nice day here but I understand it is going to be getting cooler for next weeks cruise. That's okay because I will probably stay on the ship except for San Diego where I may go by Nordstrom's just to see what can of shoes they have. Very Happy

Everyone have a nice weekend. sunny
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 11:16 am

Wow, that bite became infected that quickly. Good thing you went and had it checked. Good news on the weight loss too!

Jean you are right about the antibiotics though sometimes they are so strong they get rid of the good stuff too.

My Red Hats group has their monthly meeting today. It's going to be at a place called The Chocolate Tea Room, how decadent does that sound? Plan to run errands on the way home, post office, pharmacy, grocery etc.

Want to try to work out in the yard today. Things are so overgrown and weedy.

I'll check in this evening, have a great day.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi all......

Chocolate Tea room sound really,really good,Diane........so what did you have??

Hope Bob's doing ok,Marilyn.....I didnt realize how bad a cat bite is..congrats on the 4 1/2 pounds...

Recouping from the birthday week Jul??? When in June are you looking at the Sovereign??

Jen---------so what are you doing with all the peace and quiet?? Hope you're enjoying it..

Ginny-any plnas for Catalina?? I loved that town when we were on the MN......we ate lunch at the Catalina Catina and they had the best chips and salsa.....

Hope everyone is enjoying their day..........Its kinda cloudy here.....but warm 83........wish the sun would come out...............
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi All, Thanks for the well wishes....bite-sight(LOL) is much better today. We had two indoor cats and never had this problem.

Anyone who has done B2Bs on same ship.......can you leave your "stuff" on baord and go through customs and then recheck back in?

Have a great weekend.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi All, Thanks for the well wishes....bite-sight(LOL) is much better today. We had two indoor cats and never had this problem.

Anyone who has done B2Bs on same ship.......can you leave your "stuff" on baord and go through customs and then recheck back in?

Have a great weekend.

Mar~
Mar - Yes, leave everything onboard, except the documents you will need to re-check in. You will get a letter a couple of days before telling you when and where to go, and who to meet with.

It's slightly different on each ship. Monarch makes you get off (with a RCCL employee) and collects you after immigration and takes you immediately to check in (you don't go thru Customs). Check in is on shore and then you go to the Diamond waiting room and are first back on board. I was off at 10 am and back on by 11:30 am. (You can also get off and spend time on land then check in later if you want to).

On Splendour, the B2Bs all had their new Seapass issued on board on the night before the 2nd cruise. They had to get off while the ship was fumigated, but in the past they have been allowed to stay on board. Patti's done that a couple of times on B2Bs.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm at work this weekend (it's only 2 out 5 so not too bad) and it's cold out there, so I'm not missing much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next