Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
frudutx
critterchick
jillybabes
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:04 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Juls: We just went to Labadee in February (our first time there) and loved it..Thought it was so much better than CC (which we also love)...Just a relaxing day at the beach...

Barb: Pics are great, we will be there again in two weeks...

D: What were you doing up so late???????

You mean what was I doing up so early, I was working. New install of some software waiting for the people up in Rhode Island to bring up the system. It was supposed to be ready at 3 but I never got started until 5. Fortunately everything went well and I was done by 6.

So the kids are coming over this afternoon for burgers. I'm playing with my machine. Got an attachment to do ballcaps and want to see how it works. Also, want to make an apron for my DS' GF.

We've tried 2 times to go to Coco Cay maybe the third time will be the charm. Just need to plan that cruise.
We also like Labadee mainly because you really do not have to do anything at all. I think we've been there 3 times.

By the way Barb nice avatar. I need to get a new one.

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:10 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Thank you Ladies,

Still under the weather and back still ugly. Cold has gone into my chest and when I cough I start wheezing. Dropped gk off at church and came home. Don't want to be around other people the way I am feeling.

To all who are traveling safe journeys.

flower

Glad you're feeling better but be very careful as that turns into pneumonia quickly.

One of the guys at work had that happen and the macho man wound up in the ER on a Sunday because he didn't think he needed a doctor, it took him weeks to get over his "cold".

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:20 pm

frudutx wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
Juls: We just went to Labadee in February (our first time there) and loved it..Thought it was so much better than CC (which we also love)...Just a relaxing day at the beach...

Barb: Pics are great, we will be there again in two weeks...

D: What were you doing up so late???????

You mean what was I doing up so early, I was working. New install of some software waiting for the people up in Rhode Island to bring up the system. It was supposed to be ready at 3 but I never got started until 5. Fortunately everything went well and I was done by 6.

So the kids are coming over this afternoon for burgers. I'm playing with my machine. Got an attachment to do ballcaps and want to see how it works. Also, want to make an apron for my DS' GF.

We've tried 2 times to go to Coco Cay maybe the third time will be the charm. Just need to plan that cruise.
We also like Labadee mainly because you really do not have to do anything at all. I think we've been there 3 times.

d
Thanks, I love these pix from the Dolphin Swim...bought the CD...
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:33 pm

barbeeAL wrote:
Loading...loading...loading

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563292882JcPRbu

takes some time to get them up in cyberland.

Oh by the way, we played Quest & dear Danny stole the show & we won...I call him Quest Man now...

Great pictures, you do such a great job.

Nancy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:41 pm

frudutx wrote:

d
How about one hugging LS!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Barb....love the avatar......

I gave in and booked the dolphin encounter in Nassau.....the one thru the ship you have to wear wetsuits and somehow I just cannot see this bod in a wetsuit....hate seeing it in a swimsuit although, maybe the wetsuit would be better than spanx and I'd be skinny!!...doubt it

Fred and Joanne have booked the Jewel with us in Jan......will be nice to have some other bears on it!!.....Wish Mar and D had done this one instead of the Voyager...wahhhhhh

Well........had to go into work.......hired 3, will have to fire one other......never a dull moment here......

Clothes about ready for LV......trying to get the 'sunless tanning' stuff non streaked......need the legs to look a little tan at least instead of ghost white....otherwise it's pants and not capris........

Much prefer the trade shows when they are just after a caribbean cruise...then I look much tanner!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Barb, Loved the pics. Never been to CocoCay only Labadee but I'd probably love it.
Ginny I hope you feel better soon.

I can't wait for the 1st post from NCL Dawn. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Jean we will be on your beloved Monarch...Booked the Monarch while on board...have F&F certificates if anyone wants to join us....6/8/2009
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Lil Sis, Have a good time in LV (one place I have never been to)...

Ginny: get some rest!

Barb: I forgot to mention Love the Avatar too!!!

D: You do need a new Avatar roflmao !!!

Dave is taking me out to dinner tonight at Carrabba's WooHoo
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:17 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
barbeeAL wrote:
Loading...loading...loading

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563292882JcPRbu

takes some time to get them up in cyberland.

Oh by the way, we played Quest & dear Danny stole the show & we won...I call him Quest Man now...

Great pictures, you do such a great job.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy, I love documenting photo journals of our travels...

We have added a few new folks to the BCN TA...really looking forward to that trip!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Greetings Ladies....

Had a bad night last night....still dealing with the dregs of the Norovirus we brought home from the Vision and my heart seemed to be beating heavily so will call my Cardio man tomorrow...I have had a irregular beat for a very long time though.
Didn't sing in Choir today as I needed to sleep!

On to other stuff.....
Patti, I will email Karen and see just what they did on the Radiance between San Diego and Ensenada....she will have 4 days at sea now and I will probably get daily emails in response to the ones I have sent her the past few days....mostly sent her stuff from you guys about the Brazilians and the Visas. She was glad to hear about the visas as she is doing that 46 day extravaganza next year.

Barb....LOVE your new avatar and Sheila's too....so decided it is time for me to put in a new one of our gold and silver C&A medals......Di, you do need a new one!

Years ago when we were on the Sovereign, it did 7 days in the Caribbean and went to Labadee....we later went to Coco Cay on the Majesty Inaugeral and on the Nordic Empress B2B during Capt. Kjell Smitterberg's retirement trips. Prefer Coco Cay. On the Inaugeral they served Lobster and Steak for the BBQ...Yum! On the Nordic Empress, Kjell got off in Coco Cay and enjoyed the BBQ with us for the afternoon....fun photos and memories of that trip.......we met Kjell on our very first cruise on the Stardancer, which later became the Viking Serenade.

Haave a nice Sunday evening!
Mar~
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Greetings Ladies....

Had a bad night last night....still dealing with the dregs of the Norovirus we brought home from the Vision and my heart seemed to be beating heavily so will call my Cardio man tomorrow...I have had a irregular beat for a very long time though.
Didn't sing in Choir today as I needed to sleep!

Barb....LOVE your new avatar and Sheila's too....so decided it is time for me to put in a new one of our gold and silver C&A medals......Di, you do need a new one!

Have a nice Sunday evening!
Mar~

Mar take care of yourself...

Thanks, I love the pix as well
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Sheila love the avatar!

D........I smile everytime I look at urs, thinking that's exactly how I feel in a muster drill.

Mar..........I HOPE everything turns out ok.......that noro can be a real bug!...My gs came off the Rhap one time with 104fever and was severely sick....thank goodness for SWA, they rushed us on an earlier flight home, put us on the back of the plane, got us off first --off the rear of the plane ....they were wonderful....poor kid was only 2 and sooo sick.....luckily got him home, to his dr and on antib's quickly......

Ran into town, did the firing.....always hate that except when it's someone who drives everyone else crazy.....then it's almost a relief.......

Now.......MAYBE I can get onto the packing.

j Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm

Good afternoon, all! Mar and Ginny, take care of yourselves! Don had a cough all day yesterday, the last remnant of his cold last week. I think it's mostly cleared up by now.

I spent the morning doing heavy duty weeding and trimming in the garden. Our landscaping crew just does the mow, blow & go. I think I may see if I can pay them a little more every month to do the weeding, too. I think we had a new crew this week - they trim a hedge that otherwise would grow so high that our view would be blocked, but this week they just left a lot of the trimmings on the ground. Mad I spooked a really large lizard, which startled me so I poked myself with my trimmers, too. Owee! Then I soaked out the stiffness in the hot tub & am on my late lunch break. I have to clean up my office next, and I'm not looking forward to that!

Don & I booked the Labor Day cruise on Monarch - we have friends going on 8/25, but a JS is over $200pp more than on 9/1, so that made it a no-brainer. We'll have to change cabins but it's only 2 doors down, so I assume we'll be able to toss our stuff into the cabin on changeover day, then exit the ship, visit the pups for a bit and go back to reboard. This time I'll probably back both formal outfits so I don't forget my dress again.

Now I'm having a dilemma about the final LA cruise in October. Don & I are doing the final weekend cruise, but he doesn't have enough vacation days to stay on. The CC group that's going is a group that I don't know for the most part, so I'm a little concerned about being solo on a trip where I don't know anybody. And I should be going to a probate seminar in San Diego that week... But it's the last cruise in LA! Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Sheila, Mar and Barb: Love your new avatars Yay ....
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Aw Jean.......ya know ya want to do it!!! You've about sailed on her almost monthly, you have to be on the final!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi all....wow.........lots of posts today....
Love all the new avatars.............looking good!!

Safe travels Jul........have fun in LV.........where are you staying in Cocoa Beach?? We're staying at the Best Western Saturday night since it is such a long drive Razz from Ocala to the port(2 hours).........hehe......

Nice pics Barb........I love CocoCay as well.......more so than Labadee........

So jean,you know you have to do the very Last MN?? You practically live on that ship...........and I'll represent the East Coast on the very last Sovereign,so you need to do the same for the west coast........

Cant wait to start reading reports from our pal and her NCL cruise...

So is this right now??

May
11th--Kathy--Mariner--ECarib
12th--Marilyn-Monarch-BajaMexico
19th--Jill--Sovereign--Bahamas

Jun
9th--Jul--Sovereign--Bahamas
13th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
1st--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii

Oct
10th--Jean--Monarch(B2B)--BajaMexico
27th--Kathy--Sovereign-Bahamas

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty--WCarib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
Thanksgiving --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
23rd--Jean--Rhapsody--Down Under

January
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
19th--Jean/Marilyn/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria
26th--Patti/Sheila/Nancy--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
8th--Barb--Monarch--Bahamas
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Sept
2nd--Patti--Jewel--TA

Oct
4th--Kathy--Freedom--ECarib

Nov
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:44 pm

Evening everyone,

Mar, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. You'd better get to the doctor ASAP.

Jean, don't work too hard pulling out those weeds............they're just going to come back!!

Barb, enjoyed the pictures. You should be a professional photographer.

Jul, that has to be the hardest job in the world of telling someone not to return to work! I'm sure you handled the situation with great finesse!

Sheila, again, love the avatar. Must have been taken in the CL on Splendour. From the smiles on your faces..........it must have been one of the more pleasant moments on the ship (or Bob got lucky during your pre-dinner prep!! roflmao )

Hope everyone else is well..........................
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Looks like reviews are starting to come in from cruises on NCL Dawn during the month of April. Nothing from you know who yet...........but thought I would link it here in for your convenience.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=265
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments on the new avatar. Patti is right. It was taken in the CL on Splendour and YES, we had a lot of very happy times even among the Brazilian Bedlum. However she is wrong about one thing. Bob did not get lucky during our prep for dinner, the grin on his face is 'cause of the promise of things to come. HappyHappyJoyJoy

Mar I hope you feel better. Don't mess around with your heart.

Okay Di, where's your new avatar, one that actually flatters you. lol!
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Great new avatars you all look so happy.

Kathy--you can add us to the Voyager 11/29 with Barb

Later, Nancy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Thanks for all the nice comments on the new avatar. Patti is right. It was taken in the CL on Splendour and YES, we had a lot of very happy times even among the Brazilian Bedlum. However she is wrong about one thing. Bob did not get lucky during our prep for dinner, the grin on his face is 'cause of the promise of things to come. HappyHappyJoyJoy

Mar I hope you feel better. Don't mess around with your heart.

Okay Di, where's your new avatar, one that actually flatters you. lol!
I wasn't talking about the grin on "his" face!!!! stickingtongueout stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 9:37 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:

Later, Nancy

Before I do..what about all those Solstice cruises?? Add them too??
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:05 pm

PH8 wrote:
nancyk2sea wrote:

Later, Nancy

Before I do..what about all those Solstice cruises?? Add them too??

You may also add the Solstice if you are going that far out, both are in Nov. 2009

Thanks for keeping us current.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:07 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d
How about one hugging LS!! Laughing Laughing

You really do want H--- to freeze over, don't you?

Looking for a new pic. This might take some time!

Sheila love yours, yours too Mar.

Kids are gone, you know it's nice when they come but it's nice when they leave.

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next