Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:28 am

We did not make it till MN....collasped about 11PM...I too have a pork rost about ready, now to get all other thing ready...

Best wishes to all of you...

I'm a little green to day or those out a cruising! alien

HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:06 am

Good morning and HappyNewYear !! Ray just got home after working all night, so I'm frying up some bacon and making a nice breakfast for him before he goes to bed for the day! I'll be watching the parade, it's my favorite thing all year. Then trying to clean up a little without making any noise! Obviously it will be a nice quiet day here.

Here's to a great new year for everyone!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:03 pm

HappyNewYear2 2008!!! Wishing all of you a healthy, prosperous, and cruising new year.

Had a great visit with my grandson on Saturday. He left as a typical 19 year old and came home a MAN. He' very special to me and I'm sooooooooo proud of him. He goes back to OK on Thursday.

As usual, I slept through the midnight festivities. Have only gone out once or twice on New Year's Eve...it's mayhem here. Safer to stay at home.

It's been very cold here, and I see on the news that Kathy is getting some of that cold weather too.

Enjoy the day...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:46 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:

It's been very cold here, and I see on the news that Kathy is getting some of that cold weather too.

Yup, think today will be the last day of shorts till the weekend........going be 25 tomorrow night............thats INSANE!! Think I need to move further south..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:30 pm

HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 Happy New Year All. We partied with the kids at 11 pm then the 2 younger ones went to bed. Lindsay fell asleep at 11.30 and so did I. Bob woke me at 11.58 so we could see the ball drop. Lindsay never moved so we carried her up to bed and collapsed ourselves. We are settling in today to watch the Mummer's Parade from Phila. and have a nice dinner. Have a great day everybody.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:48 pm

HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear HappyNewYear2 HappyNewYear

Guess you got the message!

Good afternoon...............my roast has been in the crock pot since 8:30...........but Sheila I've got to tell you that when I mixed all those ingredients before ploppin in the roast.............well it reminded me of something not so pleasant. roflmao In fact, it was the perfect mixture after a night of too many drinkie-poohs!! However, LJ just asked what smells so good, so I guess that's a good thing.

It is blowing and snowing here..........not a lot of accumulation yet, but then our winter storm warning is up until 7PM tomorrow night..............so lots can happen between now and then.

Gosh Kathy.........going down to 25.........that would be a heat wave for us right now!!

Chris, glad that you had a nice visit with grandson.

Diane, have you starated any projects on your new toy yet?

We stayed up until 12:15..............watched the ball drop.........son and DIL called us at 12:02 and then it was off to bed. Didn't even crack open the Bailey's last night.

Well, have a great day...........will check back later.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:01 pm

HappyNewYear Good Morning Ladies,

I fell to sleep while family and friends were playing clue out in the family room/kitchen. Made Chile, garlic toast and lots of other stuff. Talk about a party pooper! Embarassed

Anyway Wishing you'll a Blessed and Joy filled New Year.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Patti, batten down the hatches! They just upgraded our area to a winter blowing snow storm advisory. We aren't getting more than an inch or so more snow, but the winds are in the 30-40 mph range! Expected visibility of ZERO by nightfall! Looks like Ray will be working again tonight. Guess I'll go plan some nice dinner for him... wish I'd make the pork roast today!!!!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:35 pm

QUESTION: Is everyone else's cruise credit count right now on the RCCL website? When I log in, mine still doesn't include the Polar Bear cruise, but if I look at the actually list of cruise history pages, the 3 credits are listed there, they just aren't updated on the total page...weird!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:22 pm

No Patti, I got the machine out of the box and that's about it. I needed to get thread and some other "stuff". I have several deliveries scheduled this week so maybe this coming weekend. I've been busy though, I've finished a couple other projects. Needle work samplers, a crochet baby afghan, I'm starting a couple other afghans for Christmas presents for next year.

FYI: Coldwater Creek is having a huge website sale everything is 70% of the code is WLH4180.

The decorations are down.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Diane, you sound so crafty!!! My Mom had an embroidery machine and my sister inherited it. She's the crafty one in our family, although I used to do a lot of stuff, mostly x-stitch! Enjoy your projects!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Patti--I laughed cuz I agree with you about the ingredients.....didnt look so good......but boy,once you try it ,you wont even think about it..........

My credit amount is right,but the history looks a little whacky........I emailed C and A and they sent me my history....not exactly the same as online.....but as long as the count is right ,thats ok......(they took one back from me that they had made a mistake on a while back..........DARN!!)
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Evening all................well the "Apricot Glazed Pork Roast" is a keeper. Very Happy It was absolutely delicious.........next time LJ wants me to add more Dijon Mustard.

Kathy, I guess looks aren't everything...........as it was really good. I used a rolled boneless pork roast. Next time I will try the loin............was that the recommended cut of meat?? Next up..........Julie's Taco Soup!!!

Susan...........you're warning is too late............it has been blowing and snowing all day............and the snow intensity has increased because we are getting lake effect.

As far as cruise credits goes.........we should have 36, but it shows 33, because our Alaska cruise has not been added. So, I email C&A and yesterday I get this long email showing me all of our cruises and all the credit values earned...........duh....I can see that in my cruise history. They did confirm that we have 36 credits...........but there is a glitch in their system.........yah, like what else is new??

Off to do the dishes..................any more crock recipes??????????????
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Patti, be careful out there shoveling! I wanted the neighbor kids to shovel on Friday last week, but no one was around so I did it myself. Today, when Ray was able to shovel when he got home, 3 different sets of kids were walking up and down the street with their shovels! They must all need new year's $$$ to buy new WII games or something!

I bought a new crockpot cookbook (which had the pork roast recipe in it!), but I haven't made anything yet, so can't recommend anything. There are several pot roast recipes in it and I might try one on Thursday. I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Patti........can u reprint the one crock recipe for the chuck roast......I'm drawing a TOTAL blank and was putting together a groc list and all I can remember is chuck roast and pkg of brown gravy.......HELP!!!

Thank goodness that was a one day illness......got over half the store counted and will try to finish up tmrw.....I can remember the day when my dd and I wouldn't go home til the store was done being counted....guess age is setting in!!

Coooollllllddd :coldout: here too...

Susan, tell Ray not to work toooo hard!.....Hope the snow lets up a bit...(glad we canx the Chicago show next Monday)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:11 pm

By the weekend, it's supposed to warm up Jul! Mid 40's!

Glad you are feeling better.

I remember doing inventory when I was a manager for KMart! Yuck! I hated counting, so would volunteer to do the "loft" where I just had to count cases of toilet paper, Pampers and such. Much easier than counting all those little trinket items up at the checkout lanes!

Ray's job is going to get interesting this week! Last night they asked him to temporarily cover the St. Charles yard. It has some benefits, but is at least 30 minutes farther away. It won't be a problem in the summer, but after working a 12+ hour snow shift, I'm not really excited that he will have an extra 1/2 hour drive to get home to sleep. The good thing is the new yard has some sleeping and shower facilities, so during big storms, he'll likely just stay there! Yippee, more shoveling opportunities for me!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:16 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti........can u reprint the one crock recipe for the chuck roast......I'm drawing a TOTAL blank and was putting together a groc list and all I can remember is chuck roast and pkg of brown gravy.......HELP!!!

Thank goodness that was a one day illness......got over half the store counted and will try to finish up tmrw.....I can remember the day when my dd and I wouldn't go home til the store was done being counted....guess age is setting in!!

Coooollllllddd :coldout: here too...

Susan, tell Ray not to work toooo hard!.....Hope the snow lets up a bit...(glad we canx the Chicago show next Monday)

jul Smile
Pot Roast Recipe

1 Chuck Roast/Pot Roast about 3-4 pounds
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch
1 package dry Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing
1 package dry Brown Gravy Mix
1 cup water

Mix all the dry ingredients together.........add water to crockpot.......sprinkle combined dry seasonings over roast and cook on low 6-7 hours.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:20 pm

Glad you are feeling better Jul.............this is not the time of year to get sick.

It is coming down at a good pace right now. :taz: Can't even open the front storm door onto the porch. As far as shoveling...............LJ will crank up the snow blower and I will shovel the deck off. It looks to be a very wet snow.............which is not good for the snow blower.

Hope Ray gets some needed rest.............this might last a day or so............though as you, we are supposed to be in the 40's & 50's next week. What a screwy winter this has been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Ohhhhhhhh.i forgot about that beef recipe.....that was good too........

For the pork,I used a sirloin pork roast...had a bone in it,but it was on sale......it was about 7 pounds(we cut it in half) reduced down to $7 from $17...

hey patti...we both have the same amount of credits now(36),but Im sure you'll be passing me by before you know it with all your long cruises..

Hope you feel even more better tomorrow Jul......this cold weather sure doesnt help..........

Plants are covered...........pool pump set to run all night.animals in(ok, they alwasy are)...............but I am following all the warnings scrolling across the TV screen........cant forget not to expose my skin to the elements tomorrow............OK, yes, we are wussy here in FL..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Murphy wrote:

I bought a new crockpot cookbook (which had the pork roast recipe in it!), but I haven't made anything yet, so can't recommend anything. There are several pot roast recipes in it and I might try one on Thursday. I'll let you know.
What one did you buy?? I have 3,but my favorite 2 are the Fix It and Forget it books(one regular and ones for lite recipes)........

Forgot to tell you all,I finally used the liners for the crock pot and it worked GREAT!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:39 pm

I just checked our cruise credits and our history. Our history is correct but the total completed cruise credits is not correct. Don't understand their computer system, they must have the same data stored in 2 different places and one is right and one is wrong, or one is updated and one is not (better way of putting it).

I'm off to the showers and then settling in to watch some TV.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:53 pm

PH8 wrote:
Murphy wrote:

What one did you buy?? I have 3,but my favorite 2 are the Fix It and Forget it books(one regular and ones for lite recipes)........

Forgot to tell you all,I finally used the liners for the crock pot and it worked GREAT!!

I bought the BH&G Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes. It was funny, the book store was almost deserted, except for the cook book aisle! There were 3 of us looking at crock pot recipe books. This guy seemed to be checking every one out so I asked him which one was best... he got embarrassed and said he didn't know and then walked away! I just thumbed thru a couple and picked this one. I was looking for lots of recipes that had long cook times so I can plug it in before I leave for work and this one seemed to do the trick. There's also a section in the back for 1 pot 30 minute meals and some of those look good too. I didn't realize until I got it home that the apricot pork roast recipe was in there!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:57 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Hope Ray gets some needed rest.............this might last a day or so............though as you, we are supposed to be in the 40's & 50's next week. What a screwy winter this has been.

He went in to work about an hour ago and will be on until the morning. Then he switches to the new yard and ends up on the other shift, so will be on days again! Unless the wind keeps up and they have a lot of blowing, he should be on just a regular schedule for the rest of the week and if the weather report holds true, he might actually have the whole weekend off! He hasn't been off the whole weekend since before T-Day! Good $$$$ though!!! Especially last night and tonight as holiday pay! More cruise $$$ for me... although I investigating a possible Mickey's House visit for the fall...
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Susan, we talked last Saturday about a Micky Mouse visit in the fall or 2009....by Then Burke will be 3 (he is the youngest of the grandsons)

Do not know if they could stand us all...would love to all stay together, but do not know if my nervers could stand it! affraid 4 boys under 7, 13 adults...whoa

Glad Ray is getting a change
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 pm

Patti.......thanks for the reprint........my mind went totally blank when I was trying to think of the ingred.........

jst watched Hairspray..........kinda funny musical........After seeing something on Oprah I think it was about it I had to see it.......can totally appreciate what J Travolta went thro to portray a female.

Have a great evening......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next