Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:29 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi Guys. Well I'm done for 2 weeks DocDance DocDance Off to Phila tonight to sing in the Messiah at the Kimmel Center with my 2 DD's. We got the news that we can occupy our new church building and we will have our first service there on Sunday. It will be special.

I love the Chocolate Factory in Ohio with the Branch Office in Florida. Between the two of you, you could cover the whole USA. Can we place orders? Laughing

Got the cards made and the Christmas letter done so I just have to sit down and get them addressed and off. Maybe Monday.

Happy TGIF Catch you all later.

That sounds really nice Sheila. Wish we could be there to hear you, I just love the Hallelujah Chorus. Do you do the entire Messiah? If so from start to finish how long does the performance take?

Enjoy your weeks off.

d

Diane, It was an incredible experience. I didn't get home until about 12 midnight though. We did not sing every single chorus and the soloists skipped some of the lesser known rececitives, but it was wonderful. It lasted for about 2 hours. The acoustics in the new concert hall are so good. The soloists were not miked and you could hear every note, crystal clear. Downtown Phila is so pretty at Christmas too.

Wish we could have been there.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Snowman
For all you Chocoholics....I have this stitchery in my kitchen:

I want you,
Happiness, and
Chocolate.....
but not necessarily
in that order!

1 more day!!!!!!! and Thanks Patti for the Bon Voyage!
Mar~

Mar, Wish we were going, it's freezing here. Have a wonderful time. Hope the weather improves.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Shelia, the performance sounds outstanding!

Marilyn, enjoy the Monarch and hope the weather is nice for your cruise. Say Hi to Trudy for me Smile She knows me by Virginia. I miss being on the ship, had to go to In and Out to get dinner as nobody handed me a menu and got my dinner!!!

Kathy will be thinking about you, hope all goes well.

Patti, are you nearly done with the candy making?

Sons arm is bothering him so no decorations down for the tree yet. Sad

Picked up the boys late this evening and they are very happy to be home. Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am

Wonderful day shopping, I helped the economy of Atlanta today. Danny got a watch, I finished my slide bracelet. Then bought for kids & cute cup towels from Crate & Barrel which I love.....

So now I have to get it wrapped.

Is foggy here as well Juls...to warm as well

Mar have a great Trip....just a little green here alien
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:11 am

Just stopping by to say good night. No Ginny, I am not done with my candy yet.

WELCOME HOME JILL..........hope you had a wonderful cruise on our FAVORITE ship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:55 am

Morning...........

Quick hello cuz I have a ton of things to do today.........feel like Im "nesting".........want everything in order..........

Spent yesterday at SeaWorld.........we have passes and figure we might as well enjoy the day......originally was going to Cocoa Beach to see the shuttle take off,but it was scrubbed(today too!)......

Thanks for all your good wishes.........I really appreciate it...........my stomach is one big knot right now..........

Hope you all enjoy this upcoming week,whatever you do!!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Hope I'm not too late to wish Marilyn a wonderful cruise. Embarassed

Kathy - Easy to say...but try to relax, it will be over before you know it. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and know once it's all over and you've recuperated, you'll be glad you did it.

Patti - You'll be happy to know it was 37 degrees here this morning and the highs expected all week are in the 50's.

The new reservation site on RC looks pretty good to me, Although they seem to be a day ahead on embarkation.

Still have tons of shopping to do...but now have about 10 done. No wrapping involved, did it all online.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Morning SPB's!

Bob Voyage Marilyn! Would love to see some pictures of the ship decorated for Christmas is you get a chance!

I am up early this am, DH is snoring! Got alot done yesterday, ended up going shopping and got most of it done, so that's a relief. Came home and made two batches of english toffee and went scrapbooking. This morning is decorating and house cleaning.

Kathy- I will also be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

It's a chilly 33 this am. I woke up worrying about my son at 2 am, because he is on a camping trip this weekend.

Back to work!

Jen
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: SEA U later   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 ShipCaptain

Thanks all for the "Bon Voyage" wishes...it is freezing cold here in Cal....was just above 40 when I got up! I told Bob if it is like this tomorrow...my "sailaway will be INSIDE!!! :coldout: And the wind is really blowing as well!

Bob is still grousing around...have to get him packed now! I can't believe how men wait until the last minute to pack!

Tried to get into some of the areas of the RCI websitie this AM and couldn't. Saw that they uped the prices on some cruises :taz: Couldn't even get into my reservations!!!!

If the ship decorations are up,...I promise to take photos. :photos: I am taking decs for our cabin too...just small ones that fit in a suitcase! HolidayTree

SEA y'all later! Mar~

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Taking a break, so thought I would pop in.

It's raining here right now, supposed to turn to freezing rain later..........that is not good.

Kathy, again good vibes being sent your way.

Mar, enjoy your cruise...........hey, even if it's cold..........it's still a cruise.

Glad everybody seems to be getting their shopping done. thankfully, we don't have much, just the kids and a few "special" friends. Christmas cards will get done after Willie Wonka closes the kitchen.

Well, Willie is calling..................catch ya all later.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm sorry, but I needed a laugh today and I sure did fine it.................
Quote :

Why buffets are self serve is besides me. On RCL Brilliance TA MIA-BCM
we watch people take a pile of food & then using their hands put it
back. So glad NCL has restaurants open on port days where RCL &
Celebrity doesn't. We refuse to eat at the buffet after what we had
seen
..... especially dropped tongs that they put back on the food.
Must have been her twin that I saw so many times hogging down food in the WJ!! OMG...........there can't be two of her.............!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 2fd679da

Dear Willie, Hope you're almost done. BTW I just got the golden ticket, when can I come?? stickingtongueout

Kathy, Lots of good vibes coming your way. Let us know how you are feeling as soon as you feel able to post. GoodLuck

Mar, Are you absolutely sure you don't need a private duty nurse to remove your sutures while you're on your cruise? Laughing
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:10 am

Virginia, welcome home! I wish we were still onboard - that was such a fun cruise! Jill, hope you had a fab time. I think Reyno re-boarded the ship this weekend.

Marilyn, have a wonderful time on my Monarch! She is all decked out for the holidays (I didn't take pictures because I'm an idiot) and looking very pretty!

I got 20 cards addressed tonight. I have 40 or so to go.

Kathy, I'm sending good vibes your way. I'm sure it will all go well for you!

I'm sure everybody is asleep by now...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:48 am

Hi Jean, thanks for the welcome home Smile

Lots of things to clean up after since I was away a week. I did get most of the Christmas Cards addresses but now need to put labels and stamps on.

I am jealous that you will be on a New Year's cruise.

Had a great time with Jean # 2 as well although I did slow down. lol

HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Good morning! Welcome back and bon voyage to all of our Monarch cruisers! And, welcome back to Jill too!

WOW, y'all need to go pull up an existing reservation on the RCCL website they've really made some changes. I'm trying to decide if I like them or not, maybe I just need to get used to them. lol!

Very cold here, but the freezing rain managed to miss us and everyone made it to work as usual.

John and I bought a new microwave this weekend that was our hi-lite.

We do live life on the edge.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Dianne, you wild and crazy girl, LOL!

I don't much care for the new format, but change always befuddles me a bit. I still can't see my cruise history, and they still haven't managed to create a "Diamond Plus" category, but at least they acknowledge Diamond on the reservation. I suppose that's something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Hi everyone, Had a nice day today. I wrote all my cards and got them in the mail, then I opened a nice bottle of Pino Grigio and settled in for a quiet evening. It's so nice to know I don't have to get up and do anything tomorrow but I plan to finish up my shopping. I put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning and we just finished a yummie dinner. I'm just so domesticated. lol!

I wonder how Kathy's doing?? Hopefully everything went well and she'll be home in the morning.

Welcome home Jill. How was it???

Jean#1 how is Carmen??

Willie where are you?? Did you fall in the candy mix?? Laughing

Dianne, Happy nuking in the new Microwave.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:38 pm

Jean, I forgot you were on Monarch also, so welcome home all you Monarch Maniacs!

Sheila, glad you had a yummy dinner, I tried to make Kathy's Orzo in the crock pot today, and I must have done something horribly wrong, because it turned out like glue! Hope she is back online soon, and can tell me what I did wrong.

I think I over did it on the weekend, because I am so tired and achey today. Going to bed early.

Nite everyone!

Last edited by on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Hello all........I hope Kathy got thru surgery well......I've thought about her all day long.

Hey sis..........how was the B2b??????????

Rainy and icy kinda here.........schools out......we have a lot of stores closed and some for possibly up to two weeks......YIKES........

Watching dond......getting tense.......have a GR8 evening y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am

Very foggy here this morning and quite warm. They announced that Oncor Electric has sent crews into Oklahoma to assist in getting power back to customers. Julie I hope you have not been hit! They are saying some areas may be without power for for 2 weeks, I can't imagine that.

Yes, I thought about Kathy many times. I hope everything went ok.

I'll check in later.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 WillyWonka

I think the Oompaloompas carried Patti away. She has been MIA for a while.
It's 50's here today but overcast and damp. I think I'll head out and try to get done shopping today.
Wonder how Kathy is feeling.
Jules I hope you have power. Our friends in Oklahoma are out and were told it would be a while.
Have a great day everyone, I'll catch you later.
HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:02 pm

We have power but we have about 1/3 of our stores out for potentially weeks....that really bites at Cmas.

Foggy again here today too.........can't see the front end of the car.

Back to work.........prepping for the dreaded inventory Sad

jul
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Morning all!
Hope everyone is safe and sound! I saw the pictures of the ice storms, it looks very scary.

I was able to use the $25 coupon on the June 16th Monarch cruise, so that brought the price down to 216.50 per person! I just love a bargain! Anyone want to come along?

I like the new reservations page on the website. But my cruise history is still wrong also. It does show me as a platinum member, but with only 2 cruise credits!?!?!?

Take care,
Jen
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 2:23 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Morning all!
Hope everyone is safe and sound! I saw the pictures of the ice storms, it looks very scary.

I was able to use the $25 coupon on the June 16th Monarch cruise, so that brought the price down to 216.50 per person! I just love a bargain! Anyone want to come along?

I like the new reservations page on the website. But my cruise history is still wrong also. It does show me as a platinum member, but with only 2 cruise credits!?!?!?

Take care,
Jen

John do you hear that Jen used one of their coupons for a Monarch cruise we could use both of ours on a back to back. You know I'd love to see Catalina. HappyHappyJoyJoy And, we could go over your Birthday!!!!!

I'm trying to decide whether I like the changes in the web-site or not. Can't find things half the time, it's like I said yesterday It'll take getting used to.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:14 pm

Yes John! Book that cruise!! What are you waiting for?!?! Cheers

Good luck Diane! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next