Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:26 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Looks like I will be sailing with Laura S on the Grandeur Repo....Any one have any questions for me to ask her regarding CCC Cheers ...Later, Jill Cool

I don't think Laura is actually on our sailing. The "whiners" from the previous thread/roll call were all having a problem getting along. Some of them set up one thread and called themselves themselves something or other and someone else set up a different thread and tried to get the first group to join the second thread. Laura poofed both threads and set up the current one and "promised to keep on eye on things" so they didn't get out of control....

Of course, since I just scan things, I could have that all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe she is onboard!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:37 pm

OK, now for the important stuff! I've had the WORST 24 hours!!!!! Ray started his new job yesterday, so I thought ahead and made a pot roast in the crock pot so we'd come home to a nice dinner. I got to the office and our Accounting manager says that he wanted to keep the books open for another week but the auditors told him we couldn't and we had to get all invoicing and billing corrections in by noon today!!! Well, I was pretty ok with that as I had been keeping up, but part of my team are real procrastinators, so I spend the day getting them caught up. I called Ray and told him I'd be home late, but to dig into the pot roast. I got home a little before 7:00 and it seemed a little chilly in the house. But the wind chill was sub-zero and I thought the heat just hadn't caught up. I have a programmable thermostat and turn the heat down to 64 during the day when we are gone and it is supposed to go back to 68 at 3:30. Well it was now 7:00 and it was still 64... I could hear the pump (we have hot water heat) running so I wasn't too worried. When I let the dog out at 8:00, it was now 63, so I put my hand on the heat register and it was ice cold!!!! We have 2 pumps and the family room is on it's own pump, so I just figured the pump was down and the other pump was working... WRONG! I went in the bedroom and that register was ice cold too!!!!

Ray and I went to the basement to check it out and Ray took the front off the boiler and the pipe in front was coated in about an inch of soot! There had been a fire in the boiler!!!!!!!!! He went to call the heater repair guy and I went to call the local hotel, only to find out that they wouldn't let me bring Murphy!!!! So I called my GF to see if she had any space heaters we could borrow and if we could stay at her house. I pack up an overnight bag, called my boss and told him I didn't know when I'd be in. I drive to my GF's house to pick up the heaters while Ray did whatever it was that the heater guy told him to do. When I came back to pick him and the dog up, he refused to leave the house! So, we spent the night in a 2300 sq ft house that was heated by 3 tiny space heaters!!!!! Remarkably, it only dropped 2 more degrees over night. Ray stayed home this morning till the workers got here and I went to work. Now I'm home waiting for the heat to kick in and he just called and said there is a blowing snow warning and he has to stay and work tonight!!! Sheesh, will it never end??? The good thing is we now REALLY need his overtime to pay for the new boiler!!!!! Hope they get it fixed soon! It's getting dark and getting colder in here!
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Murphy wrote:
OK, now for the important stuff! I've had the WORST 24 hours!!!!!
Susan - What a horrible 24 hours! Hope the repairman arrives soon. Sounds like Ray is going to have a bad night with the snow storm coming in. Hope you and Murphy keep warm.

We need to persuade cruise line that we can take small dogs on board alien . Now that would be pandemonium. bounce
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:58 pm

I love my Murphy to death, but he wouldn't be any fun on a cruise! Although he's better now that he's deaf! He can't hear everyone walking up and down the halls any more! We used to try to take him with us some times and hotels were an experience to say the least! Even though he was crate trained at the time, he would howl if we left him in the hotel room, so we either had to take turns going to dinner, order room service, or leave his crate in the car while we ate! Not fun! Now "grandma" travels from Tennessee to sit with him... that's a vacation... for all of us!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 pm

OK, I'm going to be a hog and post once more, because that will put me at 500 posts! I want to see if I automatically become a 1st mate like Patti and Sheila... here goes.... ThreadHiJack

Last edited by on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Woo hoo! I'm in the big league now! Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Murphy wrote:
Woo hoo! I'm in the big league now! Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain
Congratulations on your promotion - drinks all round Drinks drunken
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 pm

I need a drink! Can I buy you one????

The good news is, the heat is on and the guys are gone. The bad news is they made a HUGE mess carrying the old boiler out. The soot went every where. I'm not sure they could have done anything about it, but the basement stairs carpets will probably never be the same!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!

Think I'll poor that drink now to calm down!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Gee Susan, you are so lucky that your whole house didn't catch on fire. Glad to hear that the heat is on and you and Murphy are warm. Now, what's this about more snow????? WE DON"T WANT IT!!!!

Hi Jean, ya know, could you came over and chat with us on our March roll call on Splendour? Wasn't it you that said that both threads weren't very active. Well, if you don't post, it won't be active!! You are still going aren't you??roflmao

In fact............anybody who wants to drop by our two roll calls for Splendour.......March 22 and April 6.............please do so. Would love to talk to somebody, other than myself!! stickingtongueout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Congrats on your promotion Susan...............its a bit of good news you could use........like Patti said,you're really lucky your whole house didnt go up in flames.....

Poor patti......dont ya just hate really slow roll calls.......There are basically 2 of us on my GR one......some people stop by but never return.Funny how some roll calls are better than others..........

Crummy tv night......gonna watch the new show on TLC......reality show about making over Miss Americas.......updating them.....
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 pm

PH8 wrote:

Poor patti......dont ya just hate really slow roll calls.......There are basically 2 of us on my GR one......some people stop by but never return.Funny how some roll calls are better than others..........

Crummy tv night......gonna watch the new show on TLC......reality show about making over Miss Americas.......updating them.....
Now that's a slow night on TV.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:44 pm

No new snow, expected Patti, just the same old stuff keeps blowing the roads closed! It was a mess last night coming home!

Yes, after I saw the soot, I can't believe something, including the whole house didn't set fire! I'll come visit you on your Splendour thread, I seem to need to chat tonight!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:48 pm

Patti........you could always watch the new show on Lifetime..."how to look good naked".......puhleeezzzzz.....there is no way to look good naked!!!

Susan......glad all is warmer now......nobody needs days like that!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Oh is that on tonght????The naked one?? It does look pretty good........saw the preview on the Today show(?)........

yesterdays news: pretty funny esp if you read to the last line..

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE
455 PM EST THU JAN 03 2008

...BELIEVE IT OR NOT...
...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT DAYTONA BEACH...

A FEW SNOW FLURRIES WERE REPORTED ALONG THE VOLUSIA COUNTY COAST
FROM AROUND 7 AM TO 930 AM THIS MORNING. A BRIEF FLURRY OCCURRED AT
THE OFFICAL CLIMATE SITE...THE DAYTONA BEACH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
THE RESULT OF THIS FLURRY IS A RECORD SNOWFALL OF A TRACE. THIS OF
COURSE PILED HIGHER THAN THE OLD RECORD FOR THIS DATE OF NONE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Susan, Glad you're warm again. Pretty scary stuff. We once had a blow-back in our firnace and it was a mess. The soot went everywhere. I'm gald it all worked out okay for you guys except for the big bill of course. affraid

Patti I'm glad you invited our buddies over to Splendour. Don't know why its so quiet except for the fact that Ray is MIA and 007 is away. We'll just have to shake things up a little ala. Martha.

Susan welcome to the "Upper Echelon" lol!

I like "1 vs 100" so I'll watch that then I don't know. It stinks that the writers are out. ER was good last night though, still a new one and "Survivor" starts again soon. They're giving the gravedigger another chance and Johnny Fairplay is back. What fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:09 pm

I see CCC answered the gossip column question..............heres where her columns can be found..

"GameMasterOnline <hr style="COLOR: #0583e9" SIZE=1>may still be using a few. E! & Travel Channel have used a few too."

E! ???????? The Travel Channel??????????????? Rolling Eyes

I watch Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy......heard there is only one more new episode left cuz of the strike.. Mad

I like survivor........(but TAR is my favorite).........anyone watch the new Apprentice?? not me......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Question....didnt you all get a stadium seat/poncho thing on your cruise from C and A?? You know who is selling one on Ebay(along with C and A pens) and claims her friend bought it for her and it cost $30... (seller name= crz4us)

BTW-if she really doesnt like RCCL anymore, why is it her favorite cruiseline in her profile on CC?? confused
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 pm

Kathy' CCC isn't smart enough to remember to check things like her profile! Yes, we got those poncho/stadium seats on the Alaska Cruise. I gave one of our to MIL, who LOVED it for on her train ride home. As I've been watching the Chicago Bears games on TV in our winter weather, I keep thinking I will need the other one when we got to another game!!!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Congratulations on your "promotion" Susan. Glad you are warming up again. We had our heater croak in November 2006 (one of the coldest weather on record here). Not fun, and didn't like replacing the heating and a/c. Big shock to the wallet.

I caught the post early this morning...the funniest part was when someone asked if this wacko was the new BRENDA!!!! Merion-Mom warned them...but guess someone didn't understand. Too funny. At least CCC read it HappyHappyJoyJoy I should have cut and pasted it.

Welcome back Jill!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Supposed to rain here (believe it when I see it).
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Right you are slow night on TV, we're watching Mission Impossible that John has DVR'd from one of the local Ind. stations.

Susan glad to hear you, Ray and of course Murphy are nice and warm now.

I can't believe the CRAP she has posted on ebay, a friend bought it for her. Very rare item, we all got those. I have two of them. I'd like to start a web-site of her lies, but we'd probably get sued. I see she has dropped the prices on her pins.

Well, I see Women's Murder Club is on.

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:07 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Jill I have a question re. Grandeur. We are going out on Jan 12th. Who do you think our CD and Capt will be. I had hoped for Capt Rob and Eric Dowis but I read that Eric is going to the Voyager. Those Texans will love him.

Sheila: Capt Rob will be onboard and Dan, "The Partyman" Whitney is the CD...He did the best Quest we ever saw...He kept moving around so every team had the opportunity to be first on the floor...

Susan: We have main dining...
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
:rain:
Not raining here in So. Cal. yet, but have very dark clouds coming in and a bit of sunshine as well....WEIRD!
Spending this afternoon taking down decorations.
Jill, about the Secret Service....fun, Huh? We used to get that with present and past Presidents on the airplane when I was flying...most are very nice....we had Pres. Ford on the plane once after his term.....and of course, having Hillary and Jenna Bush at the most recent HIV/AIDS conference at our church....our taxes at work!

Glad you had a great time....I remember our first cruise when we ran into the edges of hurricane weather and the AM when we came out of the cabin there were barf bags every 6 ft. in the railings on the walls. At the time, Bob and I were both flying as FAs and we thought this was hysterical! (Yes, that is how I met Bob...once upon a time, we were both flt. attendants)

Hugs, Mar~

The Secret Service was not a problem at all, and neither was the Carter Clan...They really blended in with the rest of the crowd...Jimmy wore Jeans to Karaoke one night!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :
The last RCI cruise we did last September Buffery was to be CD but he was gone to NCL. I learned that 6 of them are now NCL.
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
This is what she posted this evening. I get so mad when she posts false information. For everyone's information, Kieron came from NCL to Radiance of the Seas. He just started on Radiance prior to our September 2006 cruise to Hawaii. He was transferred to Navigator just before our Alaska cruise because of it's position over in the Med.

Oh how I wanted to go and blast her on this one. But I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Susan, please excuse my manners...............

CONGRATULATIONS FIRST MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 11:16 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Quote :
The last RCI cruise we did last September Buffery was to be CD but he was gone to NCL. I learned that 6 of them are now NCL.
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

This is what she posted this evening. I get so mad when she posts false information. For everyone's information, Kieron came from NCL to Radiance of the Seas. He just started on Radiance prior to our September 2006 cruise to Hawaii. He was transferred to Navigator just before our Alaska cruise because of it's position over in the Med.

Oh how I wanted to go and blast her on this one. But I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so who can assume false identity and blast her? Or do we have a mole on NCL boards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next