Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:24 am

Morning all...........

rendeer Its Friday before the BIG day.. HolidayTree Its hard to believe....doesnt feel like Christmas to me.....maybe its the weather?? Maybe cuz I wont have a house full?? Oh well, it will be nice,just the same.....

So Patti...did you ever find the Vegall??? confused

Jul-how was Titanic?? I've been to two exhibits..one in St Pete....one in Orlando.....Dont think they were elaborate as the one Jean went to though...

I am glad team Lachey won too.......had a feeling they would......I think Nick has more of a fan base than Patty LaBelle...........

Happy last minute shopping to all..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:39 am

PH8 wrote:
Morning all...........

rendeer Its Friday before the BIG day.. HolidayTree Its hard to believe....doesnt feel like Christmas to me.....maybe its the weather?? Maybe cuz I wont have a house full?? Oh well, it will be nice,just the same.....

So Patti...did you ever find the Vegall??? confused

Jul-how was Titanic?? I've been to two exhibits..one in St Pete....one in Orlando.....Dont think they were elaborate as the one Jean went to though...

I am glad team Lachey won too.......had a feeling they would......I think Nick has more of a fan base than Patty LaBelle...........

Happy last minute shopping to all..........

Good Morning All, Kathy we saw the Titanic exhibit in Orlando as well. I thought it was pretty good and I especially liked when they took you out on deck and simulated how cold it would have been. We also went to the Museum in Halifax and to the cemetary where many of the unidentified people are buried. I am fascinated with anything Titanic.

I guess Jill and Dave are on their way to the port by now. Wish it were me. Well not actually since then I'd have to miss the GK's on Christmas morning but I'd go on the 26th in a heartbeat. I shouldn't complain cause we're off on Jan 9th to Grandeur.

Hope everyone has a great day. Catcha all later. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:29 pm

If anyone missed The Flight of the Bumblebees,but Team lachey,here it is.
http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2007/12/flight-of-bumblebee-from-nbcs-clash-of.html

Sheila----where are you going on the GR and for how long???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:12 pm

PH8 wrote:
http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2007/12/flight-of-bumblebee-from-nbcs-clash-of.html

Kathy I thought the Flight of the Bumble Bee was excellent. Quite a feat and certainly risky in that competition.

We are going out of Tampa on the 12th Jan for 5 days to Belize and Cozumel with some CC friends. This is unashamedly a way to get 2 more points as we're getting a jnr suite. We wanted to be D+ before our BtoB in the Fall instead of in the middle of it and we'll certainly have some fun getting them. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Broadcast times   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Hi All,
Just got the broadcast times at rehearsal last night:

December 24th
11am PST (2pm EST)
6pm PST (9pmEST)
9pm PST (Midnight EST)

December 25th
3am PST (6am EST)
11am PST (2pm EST)

I will be in the middle front row in turquoise blue.

Hope you enjoy it...it will be a candlelight service at the end.

Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi All,

December 24th
11am PST (2pm EST)
6pm PST (9pmEST)
9pm PST (Midnight EST)

December 25th
3am PST (6am EST)
11am PST (2pm EST)

Mar~

Mar, I just set my Tivo so I don't miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Kathy I thought the Flight of the Bumble Bee was excellent. Quite a feat and certainly risky in that competition.

We are going out of Tampa on the 12th Jan for 5 days to Belize and Cozumel with some CC friends. This is unashamedly a way to get 2 more points as we're getting a jnr suite. We wanted to be D+ before our BtoB in the Fall instead of in the middle of it and we'll certainly have some fun getting them. HolidayTree
Darn-I'll just miss you by 2 weeks(ours is 4 nts--Key West and Cozumel).........anyway, congrats on diamondship... queen
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:10 pm

This will be my last post before we wing our way to PA. I'm almost finished packing, soup is in the crockpot and we're just waiting for the "kids" to show up for an early Christmas exchange.

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank-you for all of the beautiful cards, pictures and extras we received this year you all are a special group of people.

Hope Santa brings you all exactly what you wished for! santa

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:51 pm

Hello everyone...........just logged in and got my thrill of the day..............and now for your reading enjoyment tht LJ actually found.................
Quote :
You hit it right on the nail with your comments. I am a platinum member of Princess and we went to nothing when Carnival took over. Now they have Platinum Elite so my former top tier isn't. RCCL has Diamond which was fabulous for us Elite Celebrity cruisers, but last 3 cruises no Concierge Lounge for Diamond members, just suites.
Let's see...last three cruises would have been (working backwords)Radiance (9/07) Brilliance (4/07), Freedom (10/06)
Now, if memory serves me right, I can understand no CL on Radiance (cause I was there) and Freedom..........but she had CL privileges on Brilliance because that's where she took her good friend in and he helped her clean the machine! I do believe she posted that on the Polar Bear roll call.
Quote :
So no specialty coffee in the Diamond Lounge where we get to assemble together to drink coffee in a plastic holder that after 30 minutes is cold. WE HAD A aft CABIN FOR 2 WEEKS THAT THE SEWERAGE SYSTEM WENT BONKERS COMING UP THE DRAINS IN OUR BATHROOM WITH NO TOILET OR HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER. So I post telling others booked in 9672 that drydock isn't til FEB 2008 so they don't want that stateroom. RCCL refused to move us or let us leave. They offered $1500 of the $5000 bill refund. So I called them Carnival. Then I get a call telling me that I do not care for them & they do not care for us, so we are both leaving.
Finally, she has admitted it!! And $1500 is a little more than 20%!!
Quote :
Excursions are prepaid on credit card. We buy soft drinks to put in fridge which we have cleaned out. Free specialty coffee is a plus for ncl. Diamond members on RCCL got free booze but we don't drink more than 2 drinks. Do not care for wine, and that is always pushed on all included cruises. So we are zero when we get off also since our TA gives us $250-$500 depending on length. That is prepaid gratutities plus whatever else we want to get. Than to get
$500 or more off our credit card after we paid for the cruise a month prior.
Gosh, you mean to tell me that after 2 drinks, she can't walk a straight line!! And when we saw her leave the lounge on several occasions she was a little tipsy.

OK, we now return you to your normal programming.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:56 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi All,

December 24th
11am PST (2pm EST)
6pm PST (9pmEST)
9pm PST (Midnight EST)

December 25th
3am PST (6am EST)
11am PST (2pm EST)

Mar~
Thanks Mar..........now that will be on FOX??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

Patti, What do you think they're going to do with C & A? We're almost to D+ I don't want them to change it before we get there.

Have absolutely no idea. They have already changed the OBC and the D/D+ Balcony discounts........so changes are in the works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:58 pm

What a great present you gave us Patti.......so little missy did get a "call",huh?? I cant ever imagine being told Im not welcomed..........how embarrasing and yet,she posted that info...........whatta lulu!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:02 pm

So we came to NCL with our TA's recommendation. Better rates than Princess. No way for Carnival. Apollo Gaming gave us a discount since they know me from my gossip colums.

HUH????????? affraid
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Finally a Member's Cruise with a roll call I can post on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Radiance of the Seas
April 26, 2009
15 night
Valpariso, Chile to San Diego, California

There goes the CL privileges again................. Laughing

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:31 pm

PH8 wrote:
So we came to NCL with our TA's recommendation. Better rates than Princess. No way for Carnival. Apollo Gaming gave us a discount since they know me from my gossip colums.

HUH????????? affraid
Chris can tell you more about that. She claims that she writes a gossip column for the Las Vegas News Journal or something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:52 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Radiance of the Seas
April 26, 2009
15 night

There goes the CL privileges again.................

and crappy gifts,huh??? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:14 pm

Wow!!!! Things have been quiet for a while but thar she blows again. affraid Glad to have it confirmed that she was dis- invited to cruise with RCI. Does my heart good to think that perhaps we had a small part in making that happen. Merry Christmas All. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:05 pm

PH8 wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Radiance of the Seas
April 26, 2009
15 night

Actually, the gifts that we got on our Alaska cruise were really nice and useful.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:06 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Wow!!!! Things have been quiet for a while but thar she blows again. affraid Glad to have it confirmed that she was dis- invited to cruise with RCI. Does my heart good to think that perhaps we had a small part in making that happen. Merry Christmas All. HolidayTree
I think we had a rather large impact on the outcome.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 11:42 pm

Night Polar Bears.....................only 3 more shopping days until Christmas!!!! HolidayTree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 11:52 am

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Radiance of the Seas
April 26, 2009
15 night

Actually, the gifts that we got on our Alaska cruise were really nice and useful.
I was being sarcastic.......cuz according to you know who, they were crappy......and I do believe everything she says.. Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Pino2
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Good morning! I have a friend in town and she took over my kitchen - her daughter works on Vision, and she's sailing tomorrow, so she was baking Bundt cakes and croissants to bring with her. And of course she made some for us - they aren't going help me squeeze into my formal gown on NYE!

I confess that I'm a bit bummed that they made our SA cruise a members' cruise. I loved meeting my SPB friends, but I got really tired of so many people with an attitude of entitlement! But then again, we have our favorite cabin (a JS so no CL for us, either), so maybe we'll stick with it. We'll see - lots of time to decide!

I hope everybody is more ready for Christmas than I am. I'm still doing cards (really), am still working on decorations and haven't wrapped any gifts yet. affraid

Yesterday my housekeeper, who also works for my brother, told me that his girlfriend (who is all of 38 and fit as a fiddle) had had a heart attack on Sunday. So I called him and, as often happens with her selective understanding of English, she'd had some palpitations and ended up in the hospital overnight while they tested her. No obvious cause. Then I got an email last night that my father had had severe indigestion and spent the day having tests done. OY! 'Tis the season, I guess.

Everybody stay safe and warm out there!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello All & Merry Christmas...

Wanted to also say thanks to all here for wonderful cards, pictures & friendship.

Yall have blessed us in many ways! I enjoy reading the posts, cooking your recipes and smiling with the memories.

Have a great weekend and Holidays!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 2:07 pm

Afternoon everyone..............just checking in for the day. Have to put Dyson to work today.

Kathy, I knew you were kidding about the gifts.

Jean, hope you don't decide to cancel the 4/09 cruise. Remember, you know who won't be there............but Jim and I will.

Hi Barb, hope your BIL is doing great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone, Just got in from our final rehearsal for our Christmas cantata tomorrow. Boy the traffic through Dover is the pits today. I guess everybody had last minute shopping. I'm putting LB to work wrapping stocking stuffers santa I hate it and he gets a kick out of doing crazy things like wrapping socks and gloves separately. Laughing The kids look forward to seeing what he does every year.

That's what 's going on around here. Pretty quiet really. It's beautiful out. Sunny and quite warm for Dec. Bob washed both vehicles since it was so nice. Hope you are all having a great day. HolidayTree

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next