Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:52 pm

Greetings from Cold Calif! :coldout:

WE have been freezing our tushies off out here! It is colder than I remember....well, cold by Calif. standards.

Patti, yes, our choir will be on FOX NEWS channel. It will be what we call a "point and Play" service...Rick Warren (author of The Purpose Driven Life book) is our pastor and he will say a few things, then we sing, he says some more, then we sing...etc. etc. WE had our first two services last night with all the FOX folks there doing their run-throughs and some funny things happened...better last night than tonight when the actual tapings are taking place. Then they will edit the two services together into one for everyone to see. The stage looks gorgeous...we had one big tree and now there are several more and we had a lot of poinsettias, but now there are a lot more....VERY PRETTY.

What's this that I see you and Sheila talking about with the D/D+ changing? We are getting VERY close to D+ as well.
WE have 2 Vision OTS cruises booked in Feb and March.

It sure is nice to be able to continue to talk with all of you here.......

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 HolidayLights

Hugs, Mar
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Marilyn, there have been rumors for about 6 months that RCI is going to change the C&A Society levels - I've heard that it will be based on days at sea, or maybe they'll do what Princess does - you get the better of days at sea or number of cruises. But first they rolled out the kids' program and then their computer system went kerflooey, so it's been pushed back. I'm assuming that people will be grandfathered at their current levels, or maybe they'll have a Titanium level for those with over xx sea days or cruise credits.

They've already changed the OBC for 9-night cruises - it was $200, now it's $100. That's the only one I've heard of, and of course that affects everybody, not just D/D+.

I did discover that they add to the D+ amenity list once you hit 49 credits (which their system says I have even though I think the actual number is more like 47). On cruises over 7 nights you get 2 amenities and they give you some better wine (Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc - bought a bottle at Von's and quite enjoyed it), flowers, a chocolate package, more logo stuff. I picked flowers and promised the RCI rep that I would email him a photo of them since he's never seen what they look like.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:18 pm

sheila.........I washed my car today rapidly while boiling 24 eggs to make deviled eggs.........could NOT stand the dirt anymore.

Off to Cmas with the family.......still have a shrimp tray to make and devil up the eggs........and only an hour to go......YIKES

sooooo guess I better get moving.....

Happy Holidays to all and hope Santa is great to all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 pm

critterchick wrote:
Marilyn, there have been rumors for about 6 months that RCI is going to change the C&A Society levels - I've heard that it will be based on days at sea, or maybe they'll do what Princess does - you get the better of days at sea or number of cruises. But first they rolled out the kids' program and then their computer system went kerflooey, so it's been pushed back. I'm assuming that people will be grandfathered at their current levels, or maybe they'll have a Titanium level for those with over xx sea days or cruise credits.

They've already changed the OBC for 9-night cruises - it was $200, now it's $100. That's the only one I've heard of, and of course that affects everybody, not just D/D+.

I did discover that they add to the D+ amenity list once you hit 49 credits (which their system says I have even though I think the actual number is more like 47). On cruises over 7 nights you get 2 amenities and they give you some better wine (Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc - bought a bottle at Von's and quite enjoyed it), flowers, a chocolate package, more logo stuff. I picked flowers and promised the RCI rep that I would email him a photo of them since he's never seen what they look like.
They have also changed the balcony discounts for D/D+.............now it's $300 for a 10 night or longer and $200 for 6-9 nights............just like the OBC.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Oh, yeah, I knew I was forgetting something!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi all..............you've probably read this already,but did you hear no fuel surcharge for Canadians(and I think Europeans) cuz its illegal!! affraid The more I think about it,the more it irks me they added it on to existing reservations for us here in the US.......

I remember asking the DP rep what the perks were for those 49 credits....she told me she couldnt tell me.........OH BROTHER!! Not like I couldnt get that info from some of my friends..........Top Secret!! duh

To those travelling in the next few days,be safe...........we're only going 5 miles on Christmas(to the inlaws),.........I REALLY rather be going on a cruise..
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:08 am

Oops, I guess I just let out a state secret! affraid

Kathy, I honestly think that they committed a breach of contract when they added the surcharge to already-booked cruises. The difference is that it appears to be illegal by statue to pull that in certain Canadian provinces - not all of them, but enough that RCI decided to refund the entire country. Here, somebody would have to file a class action suit to get the surcharges reversed. The only people who would make anything would be the attorneys. We'd get $1.22 per person, no doubt. Violin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:58 am

It really is unbelievable how some will get it back ,but not us here.....then again, at times we do better here in the US than Europe and Canada with certain deals.......and in Europe,you cant cancel or change your cruise without a monetary penalty.................phew~~~ Glad thats not the case here,,,,,

Happy Sunday all.................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:15 am

Hey everyone! I am up early today, can't seem to sleep in on the weekends it is very annoying!!!!

So thought I would pop in and see what's up. I can't believe Patti's favorite cruising friend, is at it again, we should all write RC a thank you note for telling her to take a hike! And why is she telling people not to book 9672 when she was in 8672! Ugh! Moving on....

I also wanted to thank everyone for the lovely cards and pictures! I just love opening something that is not a bill! cheers

Okay, I need to get back to wrapping, cooking and cleaning! I am having 10 for Christmas eve and 20 for Christmas day! I think I need a cruise! Or a good Therapist! geek

Happy Holidays and take care!

Jen
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:49 am

Good Morning,

Looks like my post yesterday was lost...oh well.

A big thanks for the lovely cards and pictures. A very special thanks again for the thoughtfulness you extended on our fabulous cruise.

Kathy, so good to see you posting and feeling better!

Very cold here in LV! 35 this morning, but should warm to 50 degrees later.

Hope everyone is ready (especially Jean) for the holidays. Finally finished my shopping last weekend.

As for CCC...I wish NCL cruisers good luck! Don't know anything about their loyalty program, but CCC is certainly trying to get more benefits from her previous??? two cruises with them. Oh well, RC's LOSS is our GAIN.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Thanks Jean   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Jean,
Thanks for the info on how much we are goin to get "skunked" by RCI on this reorganization of the D/D+ cruise credits!! I can't imagine that they won't "grandfather" usins who are in the system already. At least I hope not.

FOX taping last night went swimmingly at both services....now to the edit desk...friends said I was on screen often...but that will probably get edited out when they see me ...ROTFL!!!

Two more services to sing for tonight....

Wish I had time to bake some cookies.....but they are feeding us well at the church, including dessert...which have been the best homemade cookies!!! Yum!

TTFN, Mar~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone, I too have appreciated all the cards and pictures and good wishes. It amazes me that we all found each other and clicked so marvelously. Yay

A funny (not really) thing happened on the way to church this morning. The choir director had a car accident (He's not hurt) and I was approached with 30 mins to go before the service and asked if I could pull off directing the Cantata. <<Gulp>> I said that of course I would do my best and between the choir and myself, we pulled it off. I have directed in the past but usually had a few months of practice under my belt. The church was packed so I'm glad it went well. I'm now home nursing a giant headache. :unwell:
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:32 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you all so much for all the cards and pictures! Jean#2, your card looks like a picture of my Murphy! It really made me smile!

I think I missed a few folks already, but I do hope everyone has a great holiday!

It's been a busy week for me. My "deadline" for work was on Friday, which I made. Yeah me! Cool Thursday was my B-Day. Ray embarassed me by having it announced on the local radio station! They do a morning "local and celebrity B-Day feature". Not only did he write a beautiful saying about how I would always be younger than him, he TOLD THE ENTIRE MCHENRY COUNTY AREA that I was 50! Well, I hadn't told anyone at my new job, but wouldn't you know one of the VP's listens to that radio station and of course made a big deal about it! It was fun after all, but quite embarassing.

I've been fighting off a cold since last Wed, but had to give in to it yesterday! I got the early morning grocery shopping done and a few last minute gift card purchases done before 10:30am and then literally crashed on the couch the rest of the day. I'm not much better today, but am hoping by tomorrow, I'll be feeling better. I have to work until noon, so that won't be so bad!

Sheila, hope your headache is better soon!

Merry, merry to all!!! Mar, I look forward to watching your choir over the holiday! How nice that will be!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 6:35 pm

OH, am I'm soo glad CCC has officially moved on and it's refreshing to know that most likely the SPB's had a hand it in! WTW, Bears!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Got the TVo set to catch your show Mar, Hope you feel better soon Susan. Congrats on a job well done Shelia...you know we get tempered with trials by fire. I know you were great!

HolidayTree HolidayTree HolidayTree HolidayTree Merry Christmas !HolidayTree HolidayTree HolidayTree HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:26 pm

I'm just off a few hours on the Vision. I dropped off my friend, who is cruising with her daughter for 3 weeks, so I went on to visit. What fun - she's all decorated for Christmas now. There are 600+ children on the Christmas cruise, and I'm betting there will be that many for our New Year's cruise. I'm glad we have a nice cabin with a big balcony on the stern to flee to!

My mother in law called during the night (as in 3:00 am) saying that she won't make it for Christmas because she had a fever & was vomiting. Fortunately it appears "just" to be stomach flu, although at 91 (last Thursday), anything is serious. Scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Jean, hope your MIL gets well soon. It's so bad being sick over the holidays!

Have a great trip on the vision! A NYE cruise is on our wish list for after Ray retires from the State and can take winter vacations! I can't wait. 4 years, and nine months, but who's counting???? My oh my, that's worse than any cruise count down I've ever seen! Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 pm

Evening all.............

Just checking in before I sign off.

I have to also thank all of you for the wonderful greetings and pictures. And thanks to Susan for starting this thread way back when and for all of you who keep in touch. We surely are a "special" group.

Susan, I do hope you feel better...........Christmas is no time to be sick. Oh, and remember "50 is NIFTY"!!

Sheila, glad that your task of leading the choir was a success............but then we all knew that you had it in you.

Jean, have a wonderful NYE cruise on Vision. Gosh, I'm getting so tired of wishing you a Bon Voyage..............will you stay home for a change!

Wishing each and every SPB a wonderful Christmas. Hope Santa is real good to all of you and you each deserve something really special.

Love to you all...................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:59 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 7

A Very Blessed Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to all my SPB friends.

We are off in a little while to start our Christmas Tour. We'll go to Lori's and stay the night so we can see the 3 little ones in the morning. Then it's off to Shirley's to see the older 2 and have dinner. Steve and Caley and Peyton will be in Oklahoma City with her parents and we'll miss them. Hope your days are wonderful too.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:22 pm

Merry Christmas to all of you. Thank you for the wonderful cards and gifts. Athough I still have trouble keeping names & faces from getting jumbled in my mind. each of you are a blessing & a joy to meet. I am sure Nancy wishes each of you a Merry Christmas/Season Greetings as well.

Safe travels as you share Christmas with your loved ones. Ours is low keyed and I have not done alot here. We will enjoy a Honey Baked Ham Christmas Day along with other family favorites, Taffy Apple Salad and Hash Brown Cassarole. In the late afternoon the kids will probably go to the movies while I put my feet up and relax.

Blessing to each of you as you celebrate the Season and a Happy New Year.

Patti I sent you an e-mail with photos from the Holiday Inn on the Bay in San Diego, last night.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Hello to all my SPB friends and a very Merry Christmas Eve to you all. Chanukkah HolidayTree Kwanzaa menorah

Please enjoy the holidays............safe travels to all that are going out to visit family and friends..........don't watch what you eat because that's the fun of this time of the year.........plus you have all of 365 days until it all starts again!

Love and the best to everyone.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 1:58 pm

HolidayTree Just stopping by to wish each and everyone of you a very Merry Christmas........may it be filled with love,happiness and happy memories....... XmasStocking

Thanks for all the cards and for allowing me to be an honorary SPB.....this is one very SPECIAL group............
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Merry Christmas to all my special friends! You'll be getting belated Christmas cards - I just finished stamping them and will drop them in the mail today.

Ho, Ho, Ho!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Merry Christmas   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:46 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Service2
WE wish you a Merry Christmas.....we wish you a Merry Christmas......
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Bob took the above last night. As we get closer to Christmas the Choir gets reduced in numbers.

Sheila....Many congrats....I am sure you did great...but I understand how that responsibility can give you a headache! We all are getting tired too....a lot of standing and energy output in singing. Have done 6 servuces so far, others have done 8....today will make 8 for me.

Have to go get ready to sing for the 1 and 3pm services today....so will have to tape the FOX showing of our service.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:19 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Service2
WE wish you a Merry Christmas.....we wish you a Merry Christmas......
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Bob took the above last night. As we get closer to Christmas the Choir gets reduced in numbers.

Sheila....Many congrats....I am sure you did great...but I understand how that responsibility can give you a headache! We all are getting tired too....a lot of standing and energy output in singing. Have done 6 servuces so far, others have done 8....today will make 8 for me.

Have to go get ready to sing for the 1 and 3pm services today....so will have to tape the FOX showing of our service.

Hugs, Mar~
Mar...........we just finished watching the show and it was absolutely amazing. The Christmas decorations were beautiful..................BUT, you were the brightest and the shiniest! The choir was wonderful and you chose the right color to wear.

I put it on the BIG TV................felt like I could reach out and touch you!!

Question........the orchestra.........do they play specifically for your choir?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next