Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:03 pm

Home again home again jiggety jig. BluesBrothers Had lunch and now I'm doing laundry. That's my task for the day. Bob's looking at excursions for some of our future cruises at the moment, it's his favorite thing to do appart from :flying: his flight simulator or :tv: . Once the laundry is done, I'm done for the day. I'm wondering what I can possibly watch on TV tonight since DWTS is done. Sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:38 pm

Afternoon everyone,

Busy day here, but took a few minutes to say hello. Weather here is windy. Thankfully we are not getting the snow accummulation, it is all going south and east. They finally picked up our leaves at the curb this afternoon.................unfortunately a lot of them have amassed themselves around the bags on the back patio that are going out on Thursday.

Looks like everyone is going "crock"! Diane, glad that you enjoyed the roast.

Kathy, pork chops in the crock sound really good. Another awesome idea. Oh, and tell Dennis that when there are no small children around.............the "dog" is the substitute! Smile

Well, back to making candy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Home again..........

One clean dog.one to go...... Smile

Patti----Dennis is really a mush esp when it comes to Holly(yorkie)......he talks tough,but I catch him loving her all the time.................

Good things about pork chops..you can throw them in while frozen...........sometimes I just add sauerkraut to them.............its all good.........

If it wasnt for all the leaves(from the neighbors),we wouldnt still be cutting our lawn.........and if it was up to me,I wouldnt bother,but he tells me how it can ruin your lawn.......heck,its all Mother Nature......

Sheila----what is on tonite??

Anyone watch Desperate Housewives last night???? eek What an ending.sad cuz it does happen!! I also watch Brothers and Sisters on Sunday with along with TAR......Love Sunday nights...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:01 pm

PH8 wrote:
Home again..........

Patti----Dennis is really a mush esp when it comes to Holly(yorkie)......he talks tough,but I catch him loving her all the time.................

Good things about pork chops..you can throw them in while frozen...........sometimes I just add sauerkraut to them.............its all good.........

If it wasnt for all the leaves(from the neighbors),we wouldnt still be cutting our lawn.........and if it was up to me,I wouldnt bother,but he tells me how it can ruin your lawn.......heck,its all Mother Nature......

Anyone watch Desperate Housewives last night???? eek What an ending.sad cuz it does happen!! I also watch Brothers and Sisters on Sunday with along with TAR......Love Sunday nights...
Sauerkraut, now your talking..............Here's an idea, if you want to get creative. I cook my kraut and then drain it. Then I fry some bacon that has been cut up and when it is nice and crispy, I add the kraut. The bacon gives it a good flavor.

Yes, I watched DH last night. It kind of interferred with AR..........but I did catch the tail end of it. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:17 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sauerkraut, now your talking..............Here's an idea, if you want to get creative. I cook my kraut and then drain it. Then I fry some bacon that has been cut up and when it is nice and crispy, I add the kraut. The bacon gives it a good flavor.

Yes, I watched DH last night. It kind of interferred with AR..........but I did catch the tail end of it. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

I cook sauerkraut once a year on New Years Day, coming from PA it's what you always ate on the first day of the New Year. It's a difficult habit to break. Of course I'm the only one in the family that will eat it so I buy just a small can and put part of the port roast in a seperate casserole with the kraut. Here in Texas you eat Black Eyed Peas except at my house lol! .

We watch CBS on Monday "How I Met Your Mother", "Big Bang Theory", "Two and Half Men" and "Rules of Engagement" it's very light comedy and I'd rather not start my week off pissed off at the shows on TV, except for football of course.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:33 pm

Got an email from Jean#1. Seems she can't find us. Well, that's what she gets for going on a cruise! roflmao I sent her the link so hopefully it will work.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 pm

Thanks for the link, Patti! I didn't realize that I wasn't logged in and couldn't view the Roll Call pages. I guess the revamp on Friday messed me up. Anyway, they had the NERVE to make me leave the ship this morning, even though Ginny got to stay, can you imagine that?

We had a wonderful time. Trudy, the Guest Relations Manager, set up a dinner at the Captain's table with the Hotel Director. Don has become friends with the chief engineer and he was going to join us at our table, but went with the HD instead. It was probably one of the noisier hosted tables in Monarch history, LOL.

I also go to dance with one of the bar servers during the Captain's Welcome Aboard party. Somebody had bet him $5 that he couldn't dance with me while holding a full tray of drinks. They were wrong - he didn't spill a drop! Didn't even get the wobblies.

It was rainy on Friday (we need more!) and overcast in Ensenada, but yesterday was a glorious sunny (cool by So Cal standards) day. We parked for awhile in the channel between Catalina and the mainland, and I could see the bluffs of PV and our neighborhood. Then Captain Teo took us around to the back side of Catalina, and got us quite close. Somebody came on & gave a little naturalist talk about the place, first time I've heard that. Kind of an onboard shore excursion.

The cruise was too short, we got Ginny further out of her shell to dance with Don and John, one of the other men in our group. I'll corrupt her yet!

I'm glad to be back with the pups and kitties, but sad to see Monarch sailing without us. Danney League (LA) didn't have any news about a ship to replace her, either. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Yes Jean, it always helps to be logged in! hehehe Glad the link worked.

I thought that Jean#2 was on this cruise with you and Ginny also.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 pm

Jean2 boarded today for her B2B. I think Ginny's doing it in the better order, not that either is bad. This 3-nighter was a wild and hectic cruise, and it would have been nice to have the 4-dayer to relax and get to chat with the crew more - they were running around like maniacs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:10 pm

I had to log in the other day too........I dont know why I was logged out,but I couldnt find the roll call section either.........

Jean-sounds like you had a great time AGAIN....you home for awhile this time????If you really miss the MN,you'll have to fly this way.....

Patti---how did DHs and TAR interfere?? Here they were on from 8-9 and then 9-10....maybe a football game?????

Jean #2 is my new hero.......she sent me OR scratch off tix.....so I can send them to my son in Portland................THANKS JEAN!!!! If you can hear me from the ship...

I think we need a recipe of the week on here.......esp for crock pots.......anyone have any dip ones so I can try out my new mini pot?? I do have crock pot cookbooks,but I love all your ideas so far.........I have to go back and find that pork roast one........thats next.....

One more thing...........you all need to put your next cruise in your signature............its so hard to keep track of you....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:13 pm

testing to see if my signature worked....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:37 pm

PH8 wrote:
Home again..........

Kathy, I'm watching "House "tonight for the lack of anything better. Actually it's pretty good. Bob is the same way with my 2 doxies. He claims he didn't want them but they lay all over him and he pets them to death. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:45 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Home again..........

Patti, I didn't realise you were an AR fan. I love it and tivo it every week. The only problem is that you have to tivo 60mins as well in case the football game goes overtime and then you have to tivo the next show in line also. We are usually at choir practice and have to hedge all the bets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:49 pm

PH8 wrote:
I had to log in the other day too........I dont know why I was logged out,but I couldnt find the roll call section either.........

Jean-sounds like you had a great time AGAIN....you home for awhile this time????If you really miss the MN,you'll have to fly this way.....

Patti---how did DHs and TAR interfere?? Here they were on from 8-9 and then 9-10....maybe a football game?????

Jean #2 is my new hero.......she sent me OR scratch off tix.....so I can send them to my son in Portland................THANKS JEAN!!!! If you can hear me from the ship...

I think we need a recipe of the week on here.......esp for crock pots.......anyone have any dip ones so I can try out my new mini pot?? I do have crock pot cookbooks,but I love all your ideas so far.........I have to go back and find that pork roast one........thats next.....

One more thing...........you all need to put your next cruise in your signature............its so hard to keep track of you....

For a wicked good dip: One can Rotel and 16 ozs Velveeta melted together and served over Tortilla Chips Yum!!!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:35 pm

Kathy, AR started about 15 minutes later due to the football game...........so I missed the first 15 minutes of DWs.

Hey Tina..........if you or one of the "nice" mods sees this........we need a FOOTBALL emoticon!! I'm not picky..........but a BUCKEYE for Ohio State would be nice!!
Cheers Cheers

So Jean #2 started her cruise today. Gosh, I just can't keep up with that gal anymore since she has become a cruisin addict! Laughing

Glad that Jean #1 had a nice time. I wouldn't know what to do or how to act on a 3 day cruise. Bet I could pack everything in a plastic bag and carry it on.

Have a great night ladies..............gonna call it a night. Chat with you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:09 am

I found this recipe that is great when entertaining. It can be made ahead and frozen. Maybe some of you have seen this. :eat:

SAUSAGE ROUNDS

1# Pork Sausage
1# Ground Meat
1# Velveeta Cheese
2 tsp. Oregano
Party Rye - 2 loaves

Brown sausage and ground meat and then drain well. Add oregano and grated Velveeta Cheese and blend together. Spread on Party Ryes. Put in 400 degree oven for 6 minutes or until bubbly.

You can also make these up........flash freeze them......put them into plastic bags and store in freezer until needed. When heating them frozen increase bake time to 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:10 am

Hi Everyone,

Looks like I'll be green again with Diane leaving in only 47 days!!!

Jean - Seems you had another great time on the Monarch. We'll be on her February 8th. How's Carmen doing?

Kathy - Glad your hubby does really KNOW that they aren't just dogs. Starbucks gift cards are passed around our office for gifts...we have a Starbucks right across the parking lot from our office.

Susan - Know what you mean...I'm giving a lot of thought to get started on my shopping. Actually did get my Christmas grandson his birthday present. He was the best present I ever got, so I always think of his birthday gift before his Christmas gift. I'm still thinking about everyone else!

Patti - Glad those two blonds are gone on AR. Have no clue what to watch tonight, but just love Two & a Half Men.

Sheila - How did the "surgery" come out? Is he all fixed up now? Researching? Any tips for the Jewel TA? I know we're gonna do the Paris on your own excursion, but that's all we have decided on so far. Wonder when they'll open up the excursion bookings.

For everyone - Any of you cruising fools used Virgin Atlantic? Tried so hard to get custom air to let us use MaxJet, but no dice. So they offered us VA direct flight to Gatwick. Works for me because it's direct.

We've got to let them know asap, but another question..our return flight will be on Delta and we asked for an early evening flight in hopes that there could possibly be aBoston City Tour with airport drop off. Do they offer that type of excursion on most cruises?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:27 am

Well my day started off really nice my microwave crapped out, I usually heat water for my morning tea and this morning it just stopped working. Well, technically it'll work for 33 seconds and then die. Oh well, at least now I know what to get John for our Anniversary lol!

To the Monarch cruisers have a fabulous time we're all No with envy. I'd love to do that one sometime. Never been to Catalina.

Very cold here in Dallas 34 but later this week we're supposed to be back up to the mid 70's.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:15 am

Quote :
Sheila - How did the "surgery" come out? Is he all fixed up now? Researching? Any tips for the Jewel TA? I know we're gonna do the Paris on your own excursion, but that's all we have decided on so far. Wonder when they'll open up the excursion bookings.

For everyone - Any of you cruising fools used Virgin Atlantic? Tried so hard to get custom air to let us use MaxJet, but no dice. So they offered us VA direct flight to Gatwick. Works for me because it's direct.

We've got to let them know asap, but another question..our return flight will be on Delta and we asked for an early evening flight in hopes that there could possibly be aBoston City Tour with airport drop off. Do they offer that type of excursion on most cruises?

Chris, The surgery is complete. Thumb survived but he's whining now about it still being sore and numb. Question Not quite sure how it could be both at the same time. Maybe it's a man thing lol! I have heard good things about VA and Gatwick is not as crazy as Heathrow. I like the idea of a direct flight too. I don't know about the Boston sight seeing but it certainly sounds like it would be a possibility. Lots to see in Boston.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 11:25 am

Good Morning all, My did the winds blow here yesterday. I had to hold on tight to the stearing wheel on my way home. It's much calmer today and sunny but cold. Diane, sorry about your microwave. Our coffee pot died over Thanksgiving. I always think that it gives you an opportunity (excuse) to get one of the newer models with better bells and whistles, which I did. lol! I'll bet there's a super dooper micro out there for you.
Hope everybody has a great day.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Morning all........

The wind has died down here and we had a dusting of snow on the ground. It is still cold......only about 35 degrees.

Chris, yes I'm glad that those blondes are gone also. Especially after they put a hold on that young couple last week. If you can get a direct flight into Gatwick...........DO IT.....LJ would endorse that. Much less hassel than Heathrow..............it will just be a longer flight......so you will have to move around more.

Diane, sorry about your microwave. Though I do not use mine for cooking, I would be lost without it for heating up leftovers!

Sheila, what surgery? Did I miss something? I must have cause I don't remember you mentioning anything about Bob having surgery.

Love Two and a Half Men................that little kid is the whole show.

Well, off to continue making candy. Going to the CAVS game tonight with son and DIL, so have to hustle my butt this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Morning all........

The wind has died down here and we had a dusting of snow on the ground. It is still cold......only about 35 degrees.

Chris, yes I'm glad that those blondes are gone also. Especially after they put a hold on that young couple last week. If you can get a direct flight into Gatwick...........DO IT.....LJ would endorse that. Much less hassel than Heathrow..............it will just be a longer flight......so you will have to move around more.

Diane, sorry about your microwave. Though I do not use mine for cooking, I would be lost without it for heating up leftovers!

Sheila, what surgery? Did I miss something? I must have cause I don't remember you mentioning anything about Bob having surgery.

Love Two and a Half Men................that little kid is the whole show.

Well, off to continue making candy. Going to the CAVS game tonight with son and DIL, so have to hustle my butt this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day..............

Patti, I also agree about the blondes. I am very annoyed also by the oriental father. I'd have hung him by his toenails by now. His daughter should be considerd for sainthood.

About the surgery: Bob sliced his thumb open last Saturday and our DD the PA had to sew him up. I was assigned the task of removing the stitches this past Saturday which I did after chasing him around a bit. lol! It was as if I was performing surgery all over again. As I said in the previous post, it must be a man thing. affraid and yes he's still whining.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Good Morning everyone! Welcome back Jean!

Kathy- The pork chops sound really good and easy, I think I will try it. You don't cook the orzo first?

Patti- I remember my Mom always made a similar appetizer for her parties, it was cheddar cheese, chopped olives, minced onion, and mayonaise all mixed up and spread on the rye rounds and broiled. Haven't had it in years!

I used to do some catering years and years ago, and now I still do some volunteer catering for some of our local events. I have two parties this year, so I will be cooking every night for the next couple of weeks! We got the tree up and I think it looks really good! I miss the pine smell though.

It's rainy today and supposed to be around 50 again. I guess the Oregon coast is getting the worst of it, with alot of wind and rain.

Have a good day! Very Happy
Jen
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:12 pm

Okay, I added a signature with my cruises to my profile, and I don't see it???
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:18 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Okay, I added a signature with my cruises to my profile, and I don't see it???
Jen, after you added your cruises.............did you click on SAVE??

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next