Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi everyone! Just checking in! Welcome home Jill!

Went to the card making class last night, and it wasn't really a class, just a workshop with all the papers and cards and stamps to make your own, so had to design my own cards, so don't laugh when you get one! We had fun though.
Tonight I am having my scrapbook cruisers over for a pre cruise holiday cocktail party and tomorrow night is my company Holiday party. So I will be pooped by Saturday!

It was a frosty 32 this morning, and I just can't seem to get warm, I think I will get out my Alaska cuddle duds and fleece hat!

Patti- Hope you don't get the worst of the storm.

Kathy- Hope you are feeling better and can post soon.

Take care,
Jen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:45 pm

Patti the house smells delicious. I can't wait to taste the roast. The doc we saw this morning is new to us. We decided it was time we stopped driving for an hour for medical and hospital care so we made the break and chose someone down here. We really like her and I was impressed by her thoroughness. We now have to have all kinds of blood work since it's been a while but it needs to be done and I'll feel better for having everything brought up to date. She is in a new medical center in town here which has everything in it which makes for one stop shopping, they even have a travel clinic if we decide we need any shots for up-coming cruises.

The weather so far here has been all rain and it's still raining. Hopefully the temp won't drop any further. We expect more on Saturday too. Diane I hope you have good weather in York. Where are you flying in to (Dangling Participle Embarassed )

Kathy hope your feeling better and can come back and talk to us soon.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:48 pm

Maaaaan.......jst typed a long post and got the dreaded WHITE screen...

Sheila......yes, put the liquids in too for the Taco soup......

Jen.......I wanna be on your cruise.......just haven't figured it out yet....wahhhhhhh

Y"ALL......Kathy emailed and said she's OK....home now, up and showered and walked around outside...Dennis is being a good caregiver and she asked me to let y'all know....She's tired and said she prolly won't be on puter much yet....I'm sure she appreciates everyones good wishes............

Anyhow........wanted to get that posted so y'all could quit worrying about her....I was glad to see an email cuz I've been worried!! Isn't it amazing how you can worry so much about someone you've never met face to face, but yet I feel like I've known her for years!!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Patti the house smells delicious. I can't wait to taste the roast. The doc we saw this morning is new to us. We decided it was time we stopped driving for an hour for medical and hospital care so we made the break and chose someone down here. We really like her and I was impressed by her thoroughness. We now have to have all kinds of blood work since it's been a while but it needs to be done and I'll feel better for having everything brought up to date. She is in a new medical center in town here which has everything in it which makes for one stop shopping, they even have a travel clinic if we decide we need any shots for up-coming cruises.

The weather so far here has been all rain and it's still raining. Hopefully the temp won't drop any further. We expect more on Saturday too. Diane I hope you have good weather in York. Where are you flying in to (Dangling Participle Embarassed )

We always fly into BWI, more options and larger planes. My brother lives about 20 miles North of the MD/PA line so it's just easier to take 83 North from the Beltway.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 pm

frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

We always fly into BWI, more options and larger planes. My brother lives about 20 miles North of the MD/PA line so it's just easier to take 83 North from the Beltway.

d

Diane, BWI is just a little further than Phila for us but sometimes it's a good alternative price wise. Our son found it cheaper to fly in to Phila and fly out of BWI at Thanksgiving. Better on-time record and lost luggage record than Phila too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:47 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Maaaaan.......jst typed a long post and got the dreaded WHITE screen...

Sheila......yes, put the liquids in too for the Taco soup......

Jen.......I wanna be on your cruise.......just haven't figured it out yet....wahhhhhhh

Y"ALL......Kathy emailed and said she's OK....home now, up and showered and walked around outside...Dennis is being a good caregiver and she asked me to let y'all know....She's tired and said she prolly won't be on puter much yet....I'm sure she appreciates everyones good wishes............

Anyhow........wanted to get that posted so y'all could quit worrying about her....I was glad to see an email cuz I've been worried!! Isn't it amazing how you can worry so much about someone you've never met face to face, but yet I feel like I've known her for years!!!!

jul Smile

Jul thanks for the recipe info and the up-date on Kathy. Good to know she's on her way to recovery. I agree that the connection we all have is pretty phenominal.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Jul thanks for the update on Kathy and don't worry if you can't make the scrapbooking cruise this year, I'm sure we will do it again. Maybe even a Caribbean cruise! Also, Jean has a dancing cruise in April she's trying to talk me into, but I don't think I can do 3 Monarch cruises in one year. But if you can't make mine, you should check out hers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Great news on Kathy, thanks for sharing.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:06 pm

So glad to hear that Kathy is HOME. Can't wait to hear from her.

Kathy.............WE MISS YOU...........get better soon............the sisterhood is not the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Patti, Bob says to tell you he really enjoyed the roast and I did too. We have enough for another meal and I'll definitely do it again. (He really said "Tell Patti I love her") lol!
HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Jul- Thanks for sharing your news from Kathy. Glad she's up and walking and getting outside. I'm sure she know we are all thinking about her.

Have a mandatory insurance meeting tomorrow at the main office UGH...hate driving over there!

Sheila, glad you're happy with your new doctor. Doctors here change practices so often, it's hard to find them. Most of the good HMO doctors are abandoning the ship and a lot of them are now doing "boutique medicine".
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:03 am

Hallelujah......Hallelujah......Hallelujah, Hallelujah.......Hallelujah

OK, so I'm not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir study ............but I am finished, done, and have sent Willie and his oomphaloompha men packing!! :flying:

Now I can go and watch some TV.........though I do wish the writers would settle their strike as I'm tired of watching reruns! :tv:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Patti, Bob says to tell you he really enjoyed the roast and I did too. We have enough for another meal and I'll definitely do it again. (He really said "Tell Patti I love her") lol!
HolidayTree
Glad that you enjoyed it.............but if it wasn't for our Polar Bear Judy Terry, I never could have shared the recipe with you all. Leftovers will taste even better. :eat:

Oh, and tell Bob "I love him too"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:33 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Hallelujah......Hallelujah......Hallelujah, Hallelujah.......Hallelujah

OK, so I'm not the Mormon Tabernacle Choir study ............but I am finished, done, and have sent Willie and his oomphaloompha men packing!! :flying:

That is too funny. lol!

Now I can go and watch some TV.........though I do wish the writers would settle their strike as I'm tired of watching reruns! :tv:

I agree with that. We'll all be knee deep in reality TV soon.

Dramaqueen wrote:
HolidayTree
Glad that you enjoyed it.............but if it wasn't for our Polar Bear Judy Terry, I never could have shared the recipe with you all. Leftovers will taste even better. :eat:

Oh, and tell Bob "I love him too"! Very Happy

I'll tell him.

Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:48 am

Sheila: Thanks for the lovely xmas card, the pic brought back memories of "Alaska"...
I am one of 3 hostesses this Sunday for our Annual Christmas Party which this year will be in conjunction with our boat parade...Nancy and Ken will be joining us so we are looking forward to spending time with them...It is supposed to turn a bit cooler this weekend which will be perfect for watching the parade down the intercoastal...
Glad to hear that Kathy is home and Dennis is taking good care of her, he is a doll and they are such a nice couple...
Patti: I will get a chance to head over to your board tomorrow...
Dave got his Xmas present early this year, a Lexus RX 350 in Silver!
Nighty Night SPB's Sleep will chat tomorrow...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 am

Jill.........say hi to Ken and Nancy for us.

they are predicting that crappy white stuff for us tonight.......really hope the lake effect keeps it away......I do not feel in the mood for snow.....

Since cold and nasty tho, will put a pot of taco soup on.....yummmmmmmm

Have a GR8 Friday everyone.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:12 am

Morning all! I didn't think it could get any colder but it is 27 this am!! I think we all need to head south! Jul- If it has to be cold, I think I would actually like some snow to go along with it! Laughing

My party went well last night, everyone is getting excited, and they would like to make it an annual cruise. Now one more party tonight, then I have to do cards and bake this weekend.

Thanks for the cards everyone! Sheila great picture!

Take care!
Jen
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:58 am

Morning all!

Another cold wet morning in Dallas. Very foggy but at least it's not freezing this morning.

Our DD finished up her last class on Wednesday only two more semesters to go before student teaching. Yee Ha!

Yes, thanks for the cards everyone. Sheila you have a lovely family. I'll try to have someone take a picture of the six of us next week and post it after we get back home.

We're having a neighborhood get together on Sunday afternoon, cookie swap. Take 2 dozen bring home 2 dozen. Think I'll take some of my snickerdoodles.

Patti, glad you can finally retire Willy for the year.

Jill have fun tell Nancy and Ken we said hey.

Need to get off to work.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:01 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Sheila: Thanks for the lovely xmas card, the pic brought back memories of "Alaska"...
I am one of 3 hostesses this Sunday for our Annual Christmas Party which this year will be in conjunction with our boat parade...Nancy and Ken will be joining us so we are looking forward to spending time with them...It is supposed to turn a bit cooler this weekend which will be perfect for watching the parade down the intercoastal...
Glad to hear that Kathy is home and Dennis is taking good care of her, he is a doll and they are such a nice couple...
Patti: I will get a chance to head over to your board tomorrow...
Dave got his Xmas present early this year, a Lexus RX 350 in Silver!
Nighty Night SPB's Sleep will chat tomorrow...Later, Jill Cool

Jill give Nancy and Ken a great big hug for us. We'll see them soon on Splendour. Wish we could join you guys. Sounds like a nice time. Wow!!! can you tell Santa I want a Lexus too. Tell Dave lot's of luck with the car. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:12 pm

I should have my cards finished before the holidays, LOL. I spent hours last night taking white lights off the second fake tree I bought - the big box hardware stores ran their inventory too close to the line this year - Home Depot had no, NO lights left in one store and 3 in another. Lowe's didn't have any multicolor trees except for $400. So I got another white one & am in the process of converting it to multicolor so we have one of each. HolidayTree We may even get around to decorating them tonight!

I'm so glad to hear that Kathy is on the mend! We are a great group of friends, aren't we?

Jen, 27? It was about 45 last night & actually kept my hot flashes at bay!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:37 pm

Yes! I am freezing!!! This is California isn't it??????????

affraid :coldout:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 4:41 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Yes! I am freezing!!! This is California isn't it??????????

affraid :coldout:

Jen and Jean, We have bright warm sunshine and about 55. However by tomorrow we'll be in a pickle since a nor'easter is predicted. I think ours will be a rain event however. Patti will probably get walloped pretty badly.

HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Sheila: Y'all are probably getting what passed through here the last few days. We had about 1 1/2" of rain on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I told John I was sure glad that it wasn't any colder as we would have been spending the day at home. Things sort of shut down here, very little snow removal and when it's ice well it's like watching a Three Stooges ThreeStooges Movie on the Nightly News. I stay at home and work from the comfort of my kitchen table.
So Jill, when does my present show up???? roflmao Actually we're thinking of trading in both cars on a new one and then buying a used truck as a second vehicle. I don't drive my car much, it'll be 5 years old in Feb and it has less than 30K on it. I'm the proverbial little old lady only my car is a 350Z. I usually only drive on Saturday to go to the grocery store and run errands.

Yes Jean I think we are quite a group. I'm counting the days till our Jewell cruise when we see Jill and Dave again.

Well y'all have a good weekend, keep warm.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Evening all.......been a busy day here, but just thought I would stop by and say hello.

Weather is pretty calm right now...........but we have a winter storm warning starting from tomorrow at 4PM until Monday morning. Of course, they have been wrong before. Razz

Wishing everyone a great evening. Will keep you posted on the weather as it might be of interest to Sheila and Bob!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:43 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Evening all.......been a busy day here, but just thought I would stop by and say hello.

Weather is pretty calm right now...........but we have a winter storm warning starting from tomorrow at 4PM until Monday morning. Of course, they have been wrong before. Razz

Wishing everyone a great evening. Will keep you posted on the weather as it might be of interest to Sheila and Bob!

I really hope you don't get walloped honest injun!!! Laughing
HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:00 am

We'll get the snow tonight, then I'm sure it's onto Patti's house then onto Sheila's.......We SHARE just like our mama's taught us to!!!!!

Hope y'all have a great evening.......

btw Jill..........don't forget a Lexus for your little sis!!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next