Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:21 pm

Diane- I just checked for resident specials for your state, and there are some dates, I think in February on Monarch. And I was able to get the $25 off of both cabins. I know it is not much but it helps pay the fuel charge or a few fru fru drinks!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 3:51 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Diane- I just checked for resident specials for your state, and there are some dates, I think in February on Monarch. And I was able to get the $25 off of both cabins. I know it is not much but it helps pay the fuel charge or a few fru fru drinks!

Yeah, we've looked at them before. John B-day is actually on the 14th.

We're already talking about going to Kentucky in July for our yearly vacation with the kids so taking vacation 2 months in a row might not be a very good idea.

Any way it's nice to think about.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:09 pm

Afternoon everyone,

No the little men have not carried me off, nor have I fallen in the pot of chocolate.........but if I stop and start chatting here and there, I won't get everything done...........and it has to be done by Friday. Doing my carmels today and then all I have our the turtles.

Jul, so sorry to hear about your weather in Missouri..........hope things get back to normal quickly.

Kathy, I have been thinking of you non stop since yesterday morning. I do hope everything went well and that you will be home tomorrow. WE MISS YOU!!!!

OK.......................time for a GROUP HUG!!!!

Jen, glad to hear that you were able to apply those coupons. Every little bit helps.

Hey John.........I just love to spend other peoples money...........so book a b2b for you and your spouse................what a nice Christmas present that would be. Now, if I could just get my hubby to do something like that!!

Diane, how's the new micro wave working? May I ask what you got?

Well, gotta run...........weather here is dreary and rainy, but not very cold.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:11 pm

Jul- I liked your email, haven't done it yet, but what is Angel pie?
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm

I have 7 Monarch cruises lined up for 2008 before she leaves us. I'm always up for another one, though! The prices in the summer are pretty high, but we're going on July 4, and I'm hoping we'll be able to see some fireworks somewhere from the ship. I'm booked on 2 B2Bs, in April (dance cruise onthe 18th; who wants to come???) and in October for the farewell weekend & 4 nighter.

Kathy, I hope you're well enough to check in with us soon!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:36 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Diane, how's the new micro wave working? May I ask what you got?

We got a Panasonic, 1300W, has a turn-table (I guess they all do these days) I forget the dimensions. It is smaller than the previous one but, it'll work for what I use it for. Maybe I should go over to epinions and write a review? roflmao Anyway, we got it at Frys for $119 so if it only lasts around 5 years like the last one I won't be very upset. I just looked it up it's 1.2 cu ft

Here's the url
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Home-Appliances/Microwave-Ovens/Countertop/model.NN-SN667B_11002_7000000000000005702

It works just fine, I've used it mostly to heat veggies. And, to cook a sweet potato and a white potato for supper on Sunday. It does a regular bag of microwave popcorn in about 2 minutes and I had very few old-maids.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 5:56 pm

critterchick wrote:
I have 7 Monarch cruises lined up for 2008 before she leaves us. I'm always up for another one, though! The prices in the summer are pretty high, but we're going on July 4, and I'm hoping we'll be able to see some fireworks somewhere from the ship. I'm booked on 2 B2Bs, in April (dance cruise onthe 18th; who wants to come???) and in October for the farewell weekend & 4 nighter.

Kathy, I hope you're well enough to check in with us soon!

Jean- That's why I snatched up the June 16th Resident Special, as it is almost half price on an OV cabin. But I don't know if there were any JS available? Since I need two cabins I just always go with the OV category. When is your dance cruise again? My sister likes to dance, she might be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:44 pm

Sheila,
Tell everyone on Forum Freek that the ship is covered in Christmas decorations...I don't think my photos will do it justice. Having a great time...table turned out great this time....have a Frontier Pilot, and a Continental airport agent and another couple too...lots in common and lots of laughs too.

I received this from MVMarilyn today. She's on Monarch as we speak.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 6:52 pm

I just love Christmas cruises, what a wonderful place to be during the holidays. santa

Marilyn & Bob have a fabulous time.

Sheila thanks for relaying the message.

HolidayTree

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Jen........angel pie is a great pie with low cal to it (doesn't have anything in it fattening so it has to be low cal!!!....recipe as follows

#1.....3/4 c sugar, 4 1/2 T cornstarch, 1/4 t cream of tartar, 1 1/2 C Boiling water....

#2....3 egg whites, dash of salt, 3T sugar

1t vanilla

I use a graham cracker crust but can be regular pie crust too...whatever u prefer!

Put dry ingred of #1 in a double boiler, use whisk to mix up well then add boiling water......cook til really thick.....

While #1 is thickening......beat egg whites with salt til frothy then add sugar 1 T at a time.....this gets nice and meringuey(sp?!) looking...

Then when #1 is real thick add it to #2 SLOWLY beating the whole time......add vanilla...when done, pour into the pie shell......chill, add whip cream to top and grated choc on top of pie.....

Pita to make but really good......I use a double boiler and have a kitchen aid (specifically for making this pie!!!!)
oh yea, this recipe CANNOT be doubled.....never turns out.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 pm

Sounds like Marilyn is having a great time on my Monarch!

Jen, the dance cruise is April 18. Have your sister give me a call if she wants to book it. I'll send you the phone number in an email rather than post it here and attach the flyer (I thought I had sent it to you, but maybe not).
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 am

Thanks Jean, I will pass it along to my sister. I can't dance to save my soul!

Jul- Thanks, I do have a double boiler and a kitchen aid, now I just need some time to try it out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:33 pm

santa Morning, it's taken me this long to even take a peek. Wednesdays are just a zoo around here. Meetings and conference calls, good thing I bring my lunch and eat at my desk otherwise I wouldn't get a chance to catchup until tonight.

Julie: What type of consistency does the filling of the angel pie have? Is it like pudding or meringue?

OK so here's my easy recipe:

Corn Chowder:

1 Can Cream of Potato soup
1 Can Creamed Corn
1 Can Milk

Heat and serve

I didn't have any left over chicken if I did I would have thrown it in. John topped his with bacon bits. It tastes every bit as good as what my made from scratch corn chowder does and it doesn't take near as long and it probably is cheaper to make. Next time the kids come over and want Mom's Corn Chowder this is what they are getting although I'll probably need to add another can of soup but it'll be Cream of Celery.

Have a good one need to finish lunch before the next conference call. Very Happy

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Good Afternoon All: Finally caught up on all the pages I missed while we were on The Radiance...Had a fantastic time and enjoyed our first B2B...
Talked to some of the crew who will be jumping ship as they are not happy about going to SA and would like to stay in the Caribbean...
Patti: Willy said to say hi as did Jason from the "WJ"...

Happy to see that all were okay while we were gone...Kathy, hope that the surgery went off without a hitch and that you will be back on the boards soon...

Thanks to all that sent us Xmas Cards... Will not be doing cards this year as we are leaving on the 21st for our B2B Sovereign but want to extend our wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy, Healthy New Year HolidayTree ...Will check in Later, Jill Cool

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:07 pm

Diane......the consistency of the pie is like a meringue.........

Jill.........welcome home!......wish I was doing a b2b .....or heck, wish I was doing anything!

back to sloggin it

jul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Good Afternoon SPB's, Looks like the nasty ice storm will reach the east coast tomorrow. :coldout: We are being warned of bad roads tomorrow. Hope everyone who was affected in the mid-west have gotten power back. It was 58 this morning but it is plummeting fast. We went to see our DGS's pre-school Christmas program and it was very cute. I think I'm done shopping after a marathon session yesterday.
Jill welcome home from one cruise and Bon Voyage on the next one. Must be nice. stickingtongueout
I'm in for the evening but I sure wish they'd settle the writers strike. TV stinks :taz:

HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Good afternoon/evening, SPBs! I had a busy day - had a breakfast meeting, then went to Lowe's and Home Depot to compare fake Christmas trees. Lowe's won hands down, so I got an all white light tree to display my Reed & Barton bells (back to 1985) and my Waterford 12 days of Christmas (back to 1983; I don't have the 1982 partridge). I have to let the tree sit for a few days in case a cat tries to climb it. Also need a washable tree skirt since somebody is bound to mark his territory.

The carpet cleaners came and poured a full gallon of enzymatic treatment to remove urine stains & smells in our gym, which for some reason has been kitty Ground Zero. We'll see if it works. So far, as predicted, it smells worse than it did, but it's supposed to get better as it dries. Let's hope so!

Jill, I'm glad you had a good time! I think a lot of the Monarch crew are trying to transfer to Mariner so they can stay in LA - especially the Filipino crewmembers, since it's a much easier flight home than from Florida. I guess the Caribbean native crewmembers would rather stay closer to home, too.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:29 pm

WELCOME BACK Jill...and getting ready for another??? Lucky Lady, you are!

Diane - My kind of recipe...three ingredients! Sounds yummy, will have to give it a try.

Jean - We gave up having a tree. Our little darlings are way too sneaky. One year put up the tree, left it alone for two days, added the lights, they didn't bother it at all (not even interested). Decided it was safe to put on the ornaments. Did about half the tree then had to get another box from the garage, and YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW FAST (I was in the garage for no more than 5 minutes) they managed to get tangled in the wires, broke several ornaments, and the tree was about to topple over (I think the cord was holding it up). That finished that.

Jul - I agree, wish I were on a ship going anywhere!

Shorty, you're all done? I've gotta get moving, it's sneaking up on me way too fast!

Candy lady must be still working her magic.

No word from Kathy...hope all's well and doing ok.

Back to my online shopping...<sigh>
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 am

Hi everyone, been a busy day here. The usual grocery shopping with the seniors today...........and man, were they out in force. then because it ws such a beautiful day here and the sun was out, decided to rake more leaves and just bag them.

Welcome home Jill and thanks for the hellos from Willie and Jason..........two of our favorite people. Wishing you another great cruise coming up.

Jean, your tree sounds beautiful............I can just picture the white tree with all the red ornaments on it. Let's hope that the "children" leave it alone.

Chris, you must be a whiz at on line shopping. Sure beats fighting the crowds at the mall.

Kathy, thinking about you and hoping you will be back here real soon...............WE MISS YOU.

Jul, your recipe for Angel Pie sounds very similar to a recipe I have for Grasshopper Pie where you add Creme de Mint and Creme de Cocoa. Another PITA to make, but oh so good.

Sheila, hope your weather isn't too bad. We are supposed to start getting something tonight into tomorrow, but THE BIG ONE might hit us Saturday into Sunday. I love the weathermen.........."if it goes east of the Appalachians (sp) it won't be bad...........but if it goes west..............LOOK OUT!

Have a good evening to those on the left coast...............chat with you all tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to get rid of Willie Wonka for another year after tomorrow. He can take his little men and go back to his chocolate factory!!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:00 am

Jill, could you do me a favor when you have time? Since you just got home from the Eastern & Western Caribbean itineraries on Radiance, could you possibly stop by my Radiance thread? There have been a few questions asked about anyone who has just done the Eastern & Western Caribbean.......especially with reference to The Daily Compass. Here's the link...........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&page=25

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:40 am

Welcome back Jill & Bon Voyage all together... alien Just a little green

Hope Kathy has done well with her surgery.

Still warm here but understand the weekend will be cold.

Love the corn chowder recipe...will use that one often..have cooked the Apricot Glazed Pork Loin x 2 as well!

Have a great day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 am

Mornin' All, Off to a Dr. appt and then lunch with my early morning swim group. These are the guys who are waiting at the door at 6.45am when I open the pool. They swim and rock out to my 50's and 60's music and we all have a ball. They are in serious withdrawal these 2 weeks while we're closed. I on the other hand am enjoying getting to sleep in.

I have a question re. the Taco soup recipe. I think it was Jules who posted it. I have all the ingredients but I wonder if I drain the Vegall and beans and corn or use the liquid as part of the soup??? A gourmet I am not. affraid

Patti today is your turn. I have all the ingredients for you chuck roast on the counter as we speak. Can't wait to taste it.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Sorry to hear about all of the cold, snowy, icey weather up North. I talked to my Aunt who lives in PA last evening and she said that in York they had bad weather and were expecting more on Thur and even more over the weekend. This is where we'll be headed next Saturday. I am so not looking forward to the weather, what was I thinking when I told the kids sure we can go home for Christmas affraid . Maybe they'll have a heat wave for Christmas lol! .

Do you think Avis rents snow plows?

d

Last edited by on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Kathy sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Son still has not been able to get decorations down for the tree as his shoulder is still swollen and painful. He thinks he must have slept on it or so the PT thinks. May this Saturday he and Alex can get them down. I sure hope so I would like to finish my tree.

Went shopping with Nancy & her daughter yesterday down below. Lots of fun and lunch at Red Robins inside the mall. Found a cute new born outfit for the baby along with little socks to match. Also stopped at Chico's and found some nice bargins! Hit See's candy and picked up sugerless Peanut Brittle for Liz (my other cruising buddy). Nancy and I will be heading down again next week to do some more looking. santa

Although it is cold here, nothing like what some of you are dealing with, sorry to hear about the weather conditions.

Patti I salute you for making those goodies.

Hope everyone has a good day. HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 2:07 pm

Afternoon all............we had freezing rain last night that glazed everything........then it turned to all rain so now everything is slush. The BIG ONE is supposed to hit us on Saturday........guess we will have to wait and see.

Ginny, my goal before the year is out is to finally go to our Chico's store and check it out. After hearing so many wonderful comments abaout it............I don't know if that's a smart thing to do!

Kathy.............thinking of you again today............hope all is well!!

Well, back to the chocolate factory. Almost done...........thank goodness! I'm looking forward to sending Willie Wonka and his oomphaloompha boys home for another year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next