Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 am

Kathy, that was funny! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:34 am

HappyNewYear BON VOYAGE, JEAN!!! HappyNewYear2
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:48 am

Too funny Kathy, made my day.

Yes, it was a nice family Christmas. The kids really enjoyed themselves reconnecting with cousins, Aunts & Uncles.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:53 am

Just read on the OTHER board, that the Grandeur was fogged in last night...as of 10pm(almost 6 hours past sailaway), they still hadnt left Tampa........couldnt take a chance with the Skyway Bridge........(so they would be shortchanged in key West...)

That happened to us in 03....it was soooooooo foggy,we couldnt see the bridge till we were right under it!! It was spooky.......

So I wonder when Jill finally go to leave????

We did have a fog advisory here till 10 this morning...
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:33 pm

PH8 wrote:
Just read on the OTHER board, that the Grandeur was fogged in last night...as of 10pm(almost 6 hours past sailaway), they still hadnt left Tampa........couldnt take a chance with the Skyway Bridge........(so they would be shortchanged in key West...)

That happened to us in 03....it was soooooooo foggy,we couldnt see the bridge till we were right under it!! It was spooky.......

So I wonder when Jill finally go to leave????

We did have a fog advisory here till 10 this morning...

Their first stop is Key West.

Just checked the web cam the ship is there so they couldn't have been delayed to much. of course Key West and Tampa are not that far apart either.

Think I'll go check the street cams and see if I can see them roflmao

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Afternoon everyone,

Sorry to hear of your cat's problem Jean. Why is it that emergencies always seem to happen at the wierdest times. At least you got it temporarily taken care of.

Sheila, glad that your evening was a success with the family. Any leftovers??

Hope Jill's cruise isn't too badly altered.

Susan, how's the weather in your neighborhood? Please don't send us any snow.

Thanks Kathy for the link.............that was funny.

Diane, are you packed yet...............don't you leave in about 3 weeks?

Jul, OK, so the PATS won last night..........they are undefeated. Now, let's see how they do in the playoffs!

Lots of football on today..............so I'm going to chill and watch.

Have a great day...............be back later.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Patti, No snow today... maybe tomorrow. It's in the mid-20s right now. Going to get COLD by New Years day...

Barb, the long term aka 5 day forecast shows Friday to be a GREAT travel day through Chicago! Hopefully it will stay that way! Upper 30's and sunny in the day, maybe some rain that night, but I'm guessing you'll be out of here by then.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Trees down........floors vac and mopped......FINALLY

Trying out the new Bose speakers (when in doubt what to buy dh does Bose...gotta teach him how to book CRUISE).....they are awesome tho....guess I'll take these to the office and blast out my employees!!...but music calms me immensely so it's always on.....(I'd dance like Jean if I had a dh that danced....his ryhthm is TOTALLY LACKING)

Now to dl more songs.......

YEA PATS........I razzed my bf last night as the G's kept scoring as he's a huge Pats fan and I have to fake it out that I want the other team to win Smile...They could do ok at superbowl if they don't get tooo cocky........we'll c!!

Jean.....BON VOYAGE.........sorry bout the cat but glad u caught it early!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:30 pm

No Patti not packed yet have thought about it though. In 2 weeks I'll get serious and actually start getting clothes together though.

Just to tired from the holidays I guess.

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanks for the update on the weather Susan...

Now I have think about what to pack...the tree is down & floor cleaned, whew

and grocery shopping for Tuesday.

Boy being marooned on a cruise ship in fog...sounds like party time...would hate missing a port though.

Cruise well all of you leaving!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Everyone, Just got in from lunch. Boy is it cold here and we're supposed to get another nor'easter through here. They tell us we'll only get rain but it sure is cold enought to snow.

Jean so sorry about your cat. You are so lucky to have a house sitter who will take care of having the cat seen too. Those people you described are total morons. Hopefully you are all organised and will have great cruise. Bob Voyage and HappyNewYear

Kathy that link you sent is hilarious. I just sent it to my kids.

I don't have my tree down yet. Maybe Wednesday. We are going to be away til Tuesday night and I'm too tired to start this afternoon. I'm suddenly realising that I will have 6 days including Wed. to get ready for our Grandeur trip. Yikes !!! affraid I need to put Christmas away, get clipped and dipped and mani/pedi and pack as well as work my schedule before Wed 9th early am.

I just got done reading about Barb's trip to Hawaii and thinking of our trip there when my DD showed up yesterday and said she wants to go visit our friends there and would I like to go with her. WOW!!! Does a chicken have lips. Of course I said I'd love to. Then she tells me that her DH has off the week after the super bowl and that's when she wants to go since he's telling her he'll be home with the kids and to take the break. So now Bob's on the computer finding us flights. Looks like I'll be off and running. Our friends husband is Army and he's just been deployed to Iraq so she is welcoming the company. Boy life sure is exciting around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:20 pm

Murphy wrote:
Good morning all!

Jean, what an ordeal! Thankfully all turned out all right and you are such a pro with packing, you should be able to whip your things in the case this morning and head out! I so envy you! Someday I hope we are that close to a port!!!!!!!

Why is it that all those GPS' have women's nasally voices? Banderos, Selleck, Connery... that would be much better!

Susan, Bob's GPS has a feature that allows you to chose your voice. I wanted the Australian or British guy but he wanted the sexy vixen voice (of course) Since it was his gift I had to defer to him.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Our gps has a male and female.......the male is horrible and the female (Maggie or b***h depending on my mood!!) sounds like a drunk....when she says "Sepulveda Boulevard" she is slurring something fierce!!.....We laugh til tears run when we are in Los Angeles and hear that over and over.

Rearranged the furniture trying to spice the house up......don't think it quite worked.....I want new carpet, cruise, new chairs, cruise, new dining table, cruise, elliptical machine, cruise, oh yea did I say I WANT A CRUISE???!!!.....oh well, back to reality.. Rolling Eyes

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Jul, your wish list sounds like mine!!! Did I mention I want a cruise??? Captain
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:27 pm

My bf in Los Angeles jst came up with a great trip for me......superbowl weekend in LA.....a beach, my bff, superbowl for dh, and he hates cruises over sb weekend, mmmmmmm this could WORK.......told him to call dh tmrw and propose it....dh won't turn him down......and since he doesn't read this....FINGERS CROSSED...

Last time we were on a cruise over sb weekend was Vision of the Seas out of LA...well....RCL is too cheap to buy the feed for it so they borrowed the feed from Mexico.....yup, SB in spanish...oh yip!....that was the year of Janet Jackson and they bleeped that so we didn't even get to see it.........Had to promise NEVER to book a cruise again over SB.....

and Susan.......YES WE NEED TO CRUISE.....it's as important to us as FOOD and WATER!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi all........

Took down most of the Christmas stuff today.........it wasnt a pretty sunny day so why not?? Waiting on Dennis to get home so he can take down the tree and outside stuff........

Jul----I already had planned to set the DVR to record the SB when we're on the cruise..........I am really not a football fan,but I dont want to miss the commericals......

What a nice spur of the moment trip you got planned there,Sheila.........really nice.............
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Jul, your get-away sounds like just the thing! I was tentatively heading to FL over Xmas to see my Dad, but my new job got in the way. I was able to rebook the trip for the first weekend in Feb for $9 more... so I'll be getting a few days of warmth soon too!

SB in span... Ray would kill me!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Oh, and Patti, there's a freak snow storm whipping thru here! Ray got called in to work at 5:00. Not supposed to amount to much accumulation, but it sure ruined our dinner!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Susan, thanks for the heads up on the snow. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches between tomorrow and Tuesday.............then 48 next weekend!

Sheila, what a nice surprise trip. Now before you go, don't forget to send in for your Visa's.....or are you gonna let Bob handle that?

Jul, when that gal posted that there was a TV in the Schooner Bar..........I knew that wasn't right. I forgot about the big screen hidden in the corner........almost directly across from Chops.

Kathy, glad you got the decorations down. It took me all of 5 minutes............screwed out the color floods and inserted the clear ones.

Have a great night everyone.............chat with you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:11 am

Quote :
Sheila, what a nice surprise trip. Now before you go, don't forget to send in for your Visa's.....or are you gonna let Bob handle that?

Patti, We plan to get the visa stuff sent in right after we get back from Grandeur which is the 16th. Bob has the 19th starred in the planner as the date to mail everything away. As it stands right now, Lori and I will leave on Feb 1st if she can get her schedule cleared.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:20 am

PH8 wrote:

That happened to us in 03....it was soooooooo foggy,we couldnt see the bridge till we were right under it!! It was spooky

Got fogged just outside Tampa in 2002 on Celebrity at the end of our cruise. Couldn't dock until 1:00 pm. They showed movies in the theater and had to serve "lunch". They had almost run out of food as they plan things very carefully to have no leftovers at the end of a cruise. They made bread and I think there was some lunch meat, not much else left.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:52 am

Glad to see everyone had a good Christmas. It's fun to see Barb's photos. I'm like Kathy - makes me nostalgic for the Christmases of my childhood - lots of family and lots of fun.

Worked over Christmas and had Mar's concert on the TV at work - everyone (10 - 15 people) had to watch it! And they enjoyed it. My boss had dinner with the pastor a couple of years ago at a conference in Atlanta, so he especially enjoyed it.

This group must be the most vacation oriented people in the US Razz . I always enjoy reading other peoples plans and vacations. The supervisor went through our vacation requests for 2008 and I got all of mine so I'm celebrating by cruising on the Vision on Jan 13. That will give the crew a week to recover from Jean #1 and HappyNewYear2 Drinks .

Hope everyone has a great 2008, especially those for whom 2007 was not the best of years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:41 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Kathy, glad you got the decorations down. It took me all of 5 minutes............screwed out the color floods and inserted the clear ones.

haha.......................went all out,huh??? Bet you were too busy in the kitchen instead........

Hey jean(2)........Matt(my son) won $9 on the scratch offs.........and he didnt even realize they were from OR.....thought he would just have to cash in the FL ones when hes comes here next month........he was pretty impressed I got hold of tix from OR!! Told him,hey,its who you know!!

Got my pork roast cooking in the crock pot........had to get up at 7:30 and get it going so it would be ready for dinner.............gonna bake some sweet potatoes to go with it.........

Happy New Years all...........be careful if you go out.......all those nuts out on the road!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:12 pm

PH8 wrote:
Happy New Years all...........be careful if you go out.......all those nuts out on the road!

Not us, we'll spend our New Year's like we usually do in front of the TV. At midnight we'll wake each other up say Happy New Year and then go to bed DocDance . Are we party animals or what?

cruisenfever wrote:

Have a great night everyone.............chat with you all tomorrow.

Patti your out door decorations sound like ours. We have three of those wire reindeer covered in lights. I carried them into the spare garage and John wound up the extension cords. Would have only taken 5 minutes but the neighbors were out with their new puppy. I chocolate Lab, Buster so we just had to talk to the puppy. I even took the wreath off of the front door and we were still done in under 15 minutes.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:25 pm

Im as much a party animal as you too.......hehe

BTW------heres the status on the GR......posted about yesterday..

"We finally left at about 2am. Arrived to pier in K/W about 1730, all aboard 2130, sail away at 2200 this evening. Captain said he will make it up by giving us 0700 to 1900 in Coz, MX in a couple days.

We just saw President Carter getting back aboard. He and his wife are aboard either as part of a group or just on vacation. It is becoming the talk of the ship. "

At least they were there for sunset celebration and some KW night life.......I wouldnt mind that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next