Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 10:25 pm

Murphy wrote:
Hi gang! I've been sans computer since Monday! I was starting to have withdrawals! We had some tile fixed and regrouted in the kitchen/laundry/family area and I had to disconnect the computer during the "construction"! But I'm BAAACCCCKKKK!

Yucky weather here! Patti, I hope it's not headed for you! It's been snowing since noon time and has turned to sleet. It's supposed to keep up until about midnight. Of course, we took my car in yesterday to have the brakes fixed and now I refuse to go out in this icky stuff to go pick it back up! Ray is working anyway, so I don't have a way to go get it! Thank goodness I was able to pay for it by credit card over the phone and they are just going to lock the keys in the car and we'll get it tomorrow when it will be FIFTY DEGREES here tomorrow! I just don't get how that can happen! It's 27 right now and snowing/sleeting and it's supposed to be 50 tomorrow!

Hey Susan, If you're getting snow and yucky stuff I guess my DS in Kankakee is too. They are so used to it. When they were here last week we had windows open and fans running. The kids were running around outside and he said it was as if we had retired to Florida. Now it's freezing and we're expecting what you already have and I'll bet Patti's getting it as we speak. Go figure!!! It's so crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:06 am

Snow?? Cold???

Guess I better not tell y'all how we sat outside tonite enjoying a glass of wine(without coats on!!) around 8pm........

Kathy---> now dodging incoming.........hahaha
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:30 am

PH8 wrote:
Snow?? Cold???

Guess I better not tell y'all how we sat outside tonite enjoying a glass of wine(without coats on!!) around 8pm........

Well, we're not having a heat wave here in Dallas but we didn't need coats today either. It was overcast and drizzly all day. I got my cards addressed and baked the last of my cookies. I'm waiting on one last Christmas present to arrive. I still need to get John something for our Anniversary. Need to do one last mental check to make sure I've remembered everything and everyone. But, for the most part I think I'm done.

Cool

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 12:31 am

Sheila, I'm not sure where the freeze line is, but Kanakee might just be getting the freezing rain/rain in Kanakee. I can hear the ice pellets hitting the windows, so it's still sleeting here. But it's supposed to warm up by midnight. I just hate going out in the morning to get the paper after it has sleeted! I'm so afraid of falling on the ice! Too bad the Sunday paper to too big for Murphy to drag in! DoggieBreak
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:53 pm

HolidayTree
Jean #2...Yep, we get on the Monarch on the 10th...along with Travelgoddess and her DH. Actually my hair is getting white in the front...so this time I didn't dye that part and just the part where my real color is so it gradually gets lighter to the front...
turned out better than I thot! I have dyed my hair blond since I was 17, and have forgotten what my real color is!!! Ha Ha!

We just finished the AIDS Conf. and I am REALLY pooped. The security with the secret service etc., liked to drive us all nuts! Interesting to see Hillary and Jenna Bush but wouldn't want to have to live like that!! Shocked I slept 9 hrs. last night!!!
Nice part was talking to the 1st Ladies of Zambia and Rwanda. They were lovely!

Gotta go to a luncheon today....miss Y'all!

Marilyn
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:25 pm

PH8 wrote:
Snow?? Cold???

:flying: I'll be kind......it just drops water balloons!! :rain:
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Quote :
RCCL VISA is only 1%. I had the troubles with their upgrading me to a
RCCL Signature Visa once in January & Again in June. I reported it
to B of A & also RCCL. This practice is quite illegal when there is
no such product. Even my ATTY GEN'L got the message. Then I get a
phonecall from RCCL telling me not to diss their credit card which had
no warranty, which I learned when I used it to buy a clothes dryer when
the store didn't take AMEX. They are a joke!

Then after the crappy cruises of late, I just closed both RCCL &
celebrity VISAs & got NCL MC and boy do the points add up fast!
Love the major credit on cruises too! And they have warranty, car
rental insurance coverage & other stuff. They overnighted my card
to me too.
Hey Kathy...........here's the same old story about the RCCL Signature Visa. Now she claims that there is no such product. Wonder how she arrived at that conclusion?? roflmao

And now, the cruises were crappy?? I just can't wait until she completes her April cruise on Dawn.............there aren't many cruise lines left that will treat her to the style she wants to be treated.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 3:33 pm

Weather here today is dreary but much warmer than yesterday. We have a snow advisory until Tuesday............still waiting.

Got my roast in the crock pot, so now it's back to making candy. BTW, I can't take credit for this recipe. Judy Terry who was on our Alaska cruise and is going on our Hawaii cruise shared the recipe on our roll call. Though, she doesn't add the veggies or potatoes.

Have a wonderful day everyone.................will try to check back later.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Good Morning or afternoon, depending on where everyone is! We haven't gotten any rain yet today but it is pretty overcast and only supposed to be 50 today. We've been getting frost at night too. I wanted to make toffee today but it never turns out when it is damp and cloudy. So having my Mom over brunch and making Belgian waffles.

I caved and bought a fake tree yesterday, I never thought I would, but I just couldn't stand the thought of paying $89 for a live tree! I thought the kids would have a fit, but they were okay with it. I guess they are growing up!

Have a good Sunday everyone!
Jen
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 4:12 pm

Nice weather here...shirt sleeve, looks like will rain though. I cooked the apricot glazed pork loin yesterday....was very good!

Finished the tree decorations this afternoon...made some cookies as well. Trying to get going for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:01 pm

I love the "got a call from rccl and told me not to diss their cc".....WHAT does she think???........when u fill peoples heads with bs, companies are going to ask you to stop.........duhhhhhhh

70 degrees this am and in a matter of 10mins we dropped 15 degrees and got windy.....I guess we're getting the bottom end of the storm........

Hope the roads will be ok going to Chgo tomorrow........also praying that all employees show up and WORK while we're gone.....Have the ice scraper and gloves ready to load in car so ready for the white stuff!!....Gd will be excited since all she asked Santa for was a baby alive and snow......grammy covered the first
one but lordy can't do much about the second!!

Jen.......we've had to have a 'fake' tree for 20 years now due to everybody's allergies....can't even have a poinsettia in the house (dj will sneeze nonstop).....
But you're right, $89 is crazy for a tree for a couple weeks and then throw away.

Off to pack..........have a GREAT afternoon y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:18 pm

PH8 wrote:
Snow?? Cold???

INCOMING......................... ThreeStooges

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:21 pm

frudutx wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Snow?? Cold???

Well, we're not having a heat wave here in Dallas but we didn't need coats today either. It was overcast and drizzly all day. I got my cards addressed and baked the last of my cookies. I'm waiting on one last Christmas present to arrive. I still need to get John something for our Anniversary. Need to do one last mental check to make sure I've remembered everything and everyone. But, for the most part I think I'm done.

Cool

YOU ARE WAY TOO ORGANISED AND I'M JEALOUS..................... But well done. Cheers

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 5:36 pm

We are getting some of the storm here today but mostly rain although they told us to look out for some freezing rain later tonight. My DD and family are at Wolf Lodge in the Pocono Mts this weekend so I'm concerned for their ride home tonight as it's really snowing up there. Just having a quiet afternoon here. We went to church and out to lunch already. I ordered my cards on-line yesterday so they should be in just about the time my time off starts. I plan to do cards, shop, wrap, bake and laze around a little between the 10th and Christmas. I've never been off for 2 weeks before Christmas so I plan to enjoy it. Yay I am singing in the Messiah at the Kimmel Center in Phila on Friday night which is a great treat for me. Cheers Hope the weather cooperates since I'll be driving up and back by myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:04 pm

OK,ok....No more comments from me about the weather.........wont even mention the 8 temp 5 today... sunny

So little Missy is up to her own tricks again........how long till she takes that last RCCL cruise off her future cruise list???? I think she's liking NCL boards cuz no one knows here yet or the way she is........wont take long...........

Safe travels to all you driving in that mess.........
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm

Jul, I think your driving days should be ok. Maybe some white stuff coming overnight on Tuesday, but not too bad.

We ended up with a couple inches. It did not get anywhere near the predicted 5-0, so it is still white and messy! The city plows were out overnight pushing the heavy slosh off our street and one of the got too close to our mailbox! It was sitting in the middle of our street this morning! Thankfully the post wasn't hit and we just needed to reattach the box to the post!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:56 pm

I can't seem to get myself to do any holiday baking! When I went shopping yesterday I bought a pound of butter, which I left on the counter so it would be ready for the mixer, but the weekend in now basically over and no cookies! It's probably because neither Ray nor I need any cookies! But I usually do like to bake... I make up gift boxes/bags for our friends and co-workers! Looks like they may not get any this year! santa
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:53 pm

PH8 wrote:
OK,ok....No more comments from me about the weather.........wont even mention the 8 temp 5 today... sunny

So little Missy is up to her own tricks again........how long till she takes that last RCCL cruise off her future cruise list???? I think she's liking NCL boards cuz no one knows here yet or the way she is........wont take long...........

Believe me......they have been advised!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:54 pm

Murphy wrote:
I can't seem to get myself to do any holiday baking! When I went shopping yesterday I bought a pound of butter, which I left on the counter so it would be ready for the mixer, but the weekend in now basically over and no cookies! It's probably because neither Ray nor I need any cookies! But I usually do like to bake... I make up gift boxes/bags for our friends and co-workers! Looks like they may not get any this year! santa
Well at least you THOUGHT about it. And it is the THOUGHT that counts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:42 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Well at least you THOUGHT about it. And it is the THOUGHT that counts! Very Happy

I'm not sure I can get away with that! Although, there are a lot fewer employees at my new place and I haven't been here that long, so they might not be expecting anything! My employee is a Starbucks junkie, so maybe I can get her a gift card and call it a holiday! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 8:43 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Believe me......they have been advised!
I'm waiting for the doo-doo to hit the fan! Gotta love a train wreck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 am

Good Morning Polar Bears, I'm off to work soon but thought I'd check in quickly before I go. It's sunny again here but very cold. We only had a rain event but lots of it.
Susan I like you can't wait for the first major Faux Pas to occur, then we'll see the fireworks. Cool Soon is what I'm thinking. Have a great day everyone, I'll catch you later. Kathy hope you don't feel too warm roflmao roflmao My heart bleeds for you. NOT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 am

Morning.......

Some how I sense sarcasism in that statement,Sheila...could I be right?? scratch hahah.......if it makes you feel better,it is not sunny out right now.....

Anyway,off to take one of my dogs(the Shepherd) for a grooming........trying to have my whole house inc the dogs cleaned before next week..........my other dog(Yorkie) had surgery last week so she cant get a bath right now........she had a growth removed(turned out to be melanoma--but they got it all,so no treatments needed)....if its not one thing its another......they have cost us a fortune,but whatever it takes is my motto............not so sure its my husband's,but he knows how important they are to me....I think to him too,but he talks tough and even says they are only dogs at times...Can you imagine>???? What a Face

Back later..
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:10 pm

Patti, the roast was a hit. I even brought the left-overs to work for lunch. Thank-you!

We received our email from RCCL for our January cruise so I'll be printing our cruise documents tonight. Cool 47 days but who's counting?

I like the Starbucks gift card idea you can't go wrong with one of those.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Another crock pot meal here tonite.........just put pork chops,cream of mushroom soups(2 cans),a cup of water and some orzo........house is smelling yummy.....

While I was out today,I bought another crock pot........a little one for dips or soups.....

I agree.Strabucks gift cards are good.............but make sure they are not going to Barnes and Noble for their Starbucks,because not every B and N accept Starbucks gift cards(since they are technically not a Starbucks,but only serve the products)........I worked at B and N for a while..it was a good part time job until they made me full time and thats not what i signed up for...hahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next