Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:31 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Thank you for the list of names and addresses Diane it is printed out and bought cards yesterday.

Thank you for your well wishes. I am limping along. Yesterday was decorate the church so I fluffed the bows and arranged things that didn't need bending or carrying. Nancy always does a great job of putting the decorations up and although not as many people showed up this year to help the job got done.

Will be meeting Nancy this morning at 9:00 AM to shop for the Christmas Tea. Will be buying the food to make the sandwiches, etc. She will purchase the perishables on Thur./Fri. I get to skate this year since I booked the cruise but next year I have been told that I will not travel in Nov or Dec. Laughing We have 162 ladies I think that will be coming this year to the tea. Very Happy

Bought some ready to heat Chicken/Corn Chowder at Costco yesterday and it was good. Also picked up a winter jacket for Alex as a Christmas present. Ordered pj's for the kids through JC Penneys which already arrived. Still have some shopping left for the kids. The boys are getting some new stuffed toys and two new sweaters. Not that they keep them on!

Son is coming over to be here when Alex gets home so I hope they get the decorations down. HolidayTree

I am with most of the rest of you I do not decorate as much as in the past. Have given away alot of the Christmas decorations over the past few years and seem to only do a few touches here and there along with the tree now. No more baking hundreds and hundreds of cookies for the neighbors, etc. No more dashing through the malls to find the perfect gift. Well okay maybe I stroll through the mall now days and take a little longer to get from one end to the other. Smile

You'll have a wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Kathy.........hope I'm not as old as your mother Smile

I do have cmas dishes, glassware too........always makes cmas dinner a little more fun.....

I think I'm going to take tmrw off and do some shopping ALONE---that way I get a lot more done....we'll c

Diane......thanks for the list.......added it all to my address book.....now, where did I put the cards??/...If someone finds theirs let me know, maybe I put them in the same place?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

You guys are just too funny taling about Christmas decorations everywhere throughout the house. I used to do that Embarassed but each year less and less comes out because what comes out has to be put away.

Thankfully, I did not do all my decorating outside this year. We had a tree service lined up to come and prune and trim our 4 large oak trees between our house and our neighbors that are set to the front of the houses. They came at 9:30 this morning and OMG..........there were branches and leaves and twigs all over the side and front of our house.

Now I have 4 very angry squirrels who flip me off every time they walk across our front deck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Kathy.........hope I'm not as old as your mother Smile
Heck no...........and hope I didnt offend you....I just remember my mom decorating for every occasion and doing the annual spring cleaning.........she would flip if she saw what I do(or dont do) as far as cleaning now a days..
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Hello Ladies,
Hubby and I just spent today setting up the registration for the AIDs Conf at church which starts tomorrow. We put together the notebooks for about 2000...then set up the alphabetical tables with the name badges...so I am a little weary, but have to go back tonight to rehearse Christmas music for the concerts next week...YaWN.
I guess y'all can put me in the camp of decorating EVERYTHING! WE have two trees to boot. I just love Christmas and all the decs. Haven't done the outside yet, and won't get to it until next weekend....maybe.
Patti...you crack me up with the story about the squirrels!
Hugs, Marilyn
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:47 pm

I'm taking baby steps for decorating. I'm getting the live plants done first - a bonsai ficus with little balls, jade plants in holiday containers, etc. I have a hedge to trim before Don can hang the outdoor lights - that'll have to wait until we're back from Monarch, I think. Then I'll take out a box at a time - I have the usual garlands & lights, including my blue light tribute to Hannukah. The tree will probably go up in a week or so.

Then I'll think about shopping.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Patti......OMG the recipe for the crock pot is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!.....GREAT one..........Dh liked it, dd tried to steal all our dinner and I can't wait for leftovers!! :eat:

If any of u haven't tried the recipe yet..........do it!

jul XmasStocking
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti......OMG the recipe for the crock pot is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!.....GREAT one..........Dh liked it, dd tried to steal all our dinner and I can't wait for leftovers!! :eat:

If any of u haven't tried the recipe yet..........do it!

jul XmasStocking
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. It really is a great recipe and sooooo easy. And, for the novice cook...........you can not screw it up. Well, of course you could forget to put in the meat!!

Did you add anything extra..........like potatoes or veggies?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:00 pm

critterchick wrote:
I'm taking baby steps for decorating. I'm getting the live plants done first - a bonsai ficus with little balls, jade plants in holiday containers, etc. I have a hedge to trim before Don can hang the outdoor lights - that'll have to wait until we're back from Monarch, I think. Then I'll take out a box at a time - I have the usual garlands & lights, including my blue light tribute to Hannukah. The tree will probably go up in a week or so.

Then I'll think about shopping.
Well you certainly are organized. Especially liked the part about "the hedge will get trimmed AFTER the cruise"!!! I see where your priorities all in order......the right order. Laughing
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:28 am

Good Evening Ladies,

It has been a longggggggggggggggg day! Left at 9:30 AM hey only a 1/2 hour late. Got home at 6:00 PM. Met Nancy at church and checked at how much room was in the two ref. and then took off for the 99 cent store, Walmart, lunch, Sam's Club church to stock ref. then on to Costco. I am tired. Need my Sleep Still forgot to get four wreaths for the foyer so guess Nancy will do that tomorrow. I am going to get my nails and toes done.

Oh and I am doing much better thanks again for your thoughts. Smile

Jean #2 if you sent me a e-mail I didn't get it??

Jen hope your back is feeling better soon as well.

Good night Ladies I think I will go to bed early tonight. Sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am

Good evening everyone. I'm a little sad tonight. My DS DIL and our precious little girl went home this evening and I miss them already. It's so quiet here. We sure had a great time. Now it's time to move on and prepare for Christmas with the rest of the gang, and then the Caribbean on Grandeur in January to warm up.

Diane thank you so much for sending the list. I hope to have cards made soon.

I am one of those who have Christmas dishes and glasses. I usually put them in the cabinet right after Thanksgiving and we use them through New Years. I don't decorate like I used to and like you Ginny I've given some stuff away.

I promise to get my recipe out soon and I'm certainly going to try Patti's beef dish.

I have a lot of shopping yet to do but I'll have off from the 10th to the 26th so I'm not worried. I'm going to my first Christmas affair tomorrow night already.

I guess your all in bed by now so nite nite.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:15 am

I'm still up, Sheila, sorry your house is now ringing with silence.

I know DWTS has already been decided, but I'm watching it anyway. I'm still pissed that Sabrina is gone.

Patti, yes, I have my priorities!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:04 am

Patti........I didn't add any potatos or veggies but will for sure next time........I was in a slight rush in am and didn't have time to do that too!

Hoping to take today off and start getting some ideas for Cmas.....

Sheila......sorry ur house is quiet........I always hate the kids going home too.......I now know what my grandma always felt like and why she looked like I was breaking her heart by leaving.....

Have a great day y'all.....btw Loved the results on dwts......I think Helio and Julianne are sooo cute together! Course otoh, Mel was sooo good.........tough decision. and yup Sabrina should have been still in and Marie shb out.

jul HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:17 am

I'm going to have to try Patti's roast recipe, John loves beef and I like anything that's easy and will be ready to eat when I get home from work.

Every year when I decorate I mumble, under my breath, as to how it's going to be the last ---- year that I do all of this decorating. I'd really like to find an aluminum tree with a color wheel. I know I'm dating myself but I just think it would be really retro. The kids just roll their eyes when I mention it.

Jen how's the back?

Ginny how are you doing?

Sheila here's a hug for you:

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Th_polarbears

Jill is in St. John's today do you think she and Dave are having a good time?

Still have not found the Christmas Cards I bought last year but I did manage to clean out a closet yesterday. Maybe I didn't buy any Embarassed .

Well, need to earn some of my pay today.

d

Last edited by on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:25 am

Morning.........

Wow....everyone sure is keeping busy.....Think I need to go to the store and get the fixins for a crock pot dinner.....

Was very happy with DWTS.Helio was always my fav....he just seems to be such a nice guy..........and who can resist those dimples???
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Good morning!

My back is doing pretty good, it mainly bothers me at night, but I slept pretty good the last two nights, so I guess that is improvement. I think I will try Patti's recipe this weekend.

Sheila and Jul- If your house is too quiet, I could ship you a couple of teenagers! Laughing Wink

I haven't really started any Christmas shopping yet, Nobody in my family wants to do gifts this year, so I just have Jim's family to buy for, and of course my kids. I did however use my Christmas club money and buy a new TV for the family room!

I must have about 30 boxes of Christmas decorations in the attic, and every year I get less and less down.

Oh Diane, I think the tinsel trees are back in style! I saw them in one of the Sunday ads!

Chris-Loved the email!

I drive by Infineon/Searspoint Raceway in Sonoma everyday in my commute, and yesterday their big light up board, said "Vote for Helio" on DWTS. I guess it worked!

Have a good day everyone!
Jen
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:31 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Oh Diane, I think the tinsel trees are back in style! I saw them in one of the Sunday ads!

Jen

Really, which ad? I also have everyone I work with searching their parent's attics. My team leader said he knows his Mother had one, I just hope she kept it Laughing . I've found them out on the web but, before I buy one sight unseen I'd like to find one local.

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Good Evening Ladies,
Jean #2 if you sent me a e-mail I didn't get it??
Virginia - I've just sent another one (9:30 am Wednesday)

It sounds like you 're doing all your Christmas preparation in 2 days Smile . You'll need to cruise for a week to get over all the rushing around. And a massage or two in the spa may help your back.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:31 pm

frudutx wrote:
JJ2sail wrote:

Jen

Really, which ad? I also have everyone I work with searching their parent's attics. My team leader said he knows his Mother had one, I just hope she kept it Laughing . I've found them out on the web but, before I buy one sight unseen I'd like to find one local.

d

I'm pretty sure it was Target. But Walmart may also have them. They were all different colors.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:58 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
I used to do that Embarassed but each year less and less comes out because what comes out has to be put away.

My mantra exactly! Although I am putting up a tree this year. I have dishes, glasses, bathroom decore...all stays safely hidden!

Thanks Dianne for the card list...is appreciated!

Yall be good...I'm back to the salt mine! :taz:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for all the kind words and hugs. I worked this morning and I'm just chillin' this afternoon then I'm off to a Christmas play tonight. I found two hard to find gifts today by phone and picked them up on the way home so I'm happy about that. cheers
Here is the recipe I've been promising and it's really good.
Apricot Glazed Pork Roast
1 can Campbell's condensed chicken broth
1 jar 18oz apricot preserves
1 large onion chopped
2 tbsps Dijon style mustard
31/2 to 4 lb boneless pork loin roast
Mix broth, preserves, onion,and mustard in slow cooker. Add pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours or until done. Serves 7 to 8

For thicker sauce: After cooking pork,remove from cooker. Mix 2 tbsps cornstarch and 2 tbsps water. Stir into cooker. Cover and cook on high for 10 mins or til mixture boils and thickens.

Great with mashed potatoes and veggies. I use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up. Hope you like it.

Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Well, I'm not happy at all that Helio won. I really thought Mel beat the pants off of him. But the only woman who's ever won was Kelly in a complete fix the first season. But I think it's all a fix anyway, cynic that I am. Poo.

I found DH's Christmas presents at Jos. A. Banks. He loves the new rolling suitcase I got awhile ago, so I got one for him so he doesn't steal mine, and I found a gorgeous suede baseball-style jacket. He has favorites that are wearing out, but men seldom seem to notice that happens. Oops, sexist remark!

I'm going to liberate the stuffed Christmas (and Hannukah) animals today. If I can remember where I stored them, LOL. I should have the house decorated by Christmas!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:22 pm

critterchick wrote:
Well, I'm not happy at all that Helio won. I really thought Mel beat the pants off of him. But the only woman who's ever won was Kelly in a complete fix the first season. But I think it's all a fix anyway, cynic that I am. Poo.

I found DH's Christmas presents at Jos. A. Banks. He loves the new rolling suitcase I got awhile ago, so I got one for him so he doesn't steal mine, and I found a gorgeous suede baseball-style jacket. He has favorites that are wearing out, but men seldom seem to notice that happens. Oops, sexist remark!

I'm going to liberate the stuffed Christmas (and Hannukah) animals today. If I can remember where I stored them, LOL. I should have the house decorated by Christmas!

I'd share what I bought for John but he lurks out here and so he'll just have to be surprised. Our Anniversary is the week before and so I need to come up with something for that too! It's our 30th and the cruise was our early celebration but I still need to get him something besides a card.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 pm

Oh Yum.........another recipe.........that sounds soooooooo good..

I just came back from the store and bought all the ingredients for Pattis roast..........Im gonna put it altogether and start it around 11:00 tonite....cook it for 10 hours on low(and then it stays on warm for 3 hours).......so we'll have a nice homecooked lunch tomorrow,before my husband leaves for work again..........The house is gonna smell yummy........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:23 pm

Went Cmas shopping today on my own and started out not finding anything and then started scoring really well.....After 11 stores I have several people finished up........If I didn't go so crazy at Cmas I wouldn't have to work sooo hard shopping!!!

Home to cook a quick lasagna and then hopefully some zzzzz's early........I'm wore out!

Hope everyone has a great evening.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next