Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:20 am

Hi SPB's...

Ginny - Thanks for the wonderful invitation...you are too sweet! We're planning to just relax and enjoy four days off doing NOTHING! (well, except for the necessity stuff), but we truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Diane - Thanks, I will e-mail you as soon as I finish here. We are very bad...haven't sent out cards in ages.

Barb - That news is very promising and sure hope Mike will be home for Christmas.

Well...Patti, you asked about when we booked a quickie cruise to get me up to diamond to let you know. I think we almost stole it, but it's a 3 day on the Monarch Feb 8, inside cabin (ugh-but the price was right with the senior discount). Put it on hold til tomorrow. Will see about using next cruise and maybe the coupon I got in the mail. Now just have to hope they don't change the requirements til after February!

Jen - Gorgeous picture!

ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:33 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Hi SPB's...

Ginny - Thanks for the wonderful invitation...you are too sweet! We're planning to just relax and enjoy four days off doing NOTHING! (well, except for the necessity stuff), but we truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Diane - Thanks, I will e-mail you as soon as I finish here. We are very bad...haven't sent out cards in ages.

Barb - That news is very promising and sure hope Mike will be home for Christmas.

Well...Patti, you asked about when we booked a quickie cruise to get me up to diamond to let you know. I think we almost stole it, but it's a 3 day on the Monarch Feb 8, inside cabin (ugh-but the price was right with the senior discount). Put it on hold til tomorrow. Will see about using next cruise and maybe the coupon I got in the mail. Now just have to hope they don't change the requirements til after February!

Jen - Gorgeous picture!

ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.

Got it, thanks to all I'm waiting on Marilyn. I'll give her a couple of days and then I'll send out the list to you all.

d
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:21 am

Yikes, I haven't posted in 2 days! My brother is cooking everything except the cranberries. Don loves this onion dish that his mother makes. We still have some in the freezer from last year eek , so I'll see how they lasted, LOL.

Ginny, I did cancel the 2/15 in favor of a 1/25 cruise. Now I have to remember when final payment is due on that - I think it's next week some time. It was a killer deal witha military discount. Chris, why don't you join us on that one instead of 2/8?

Kathy, when you were on the Jewel did you run into Teodor? Just wondering if he knows that Monarch is leaving LA....

You're all probably asleep by now, but happy Turkey Day to all! turkey I'm sure some of us will sneak online tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:15 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 BanThanks6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:10 pm

critterchick wrote:

Ginny, I did cancel the 2/15 in favor of a 1/25 cruise. Now I have to remember when final payment is due on that - I think it's next week some time.

Kathy, when you were on the Jewel did you run into Teodor? Just wondering if he knows that Monarch is leaving LA....

!

Jean-------a 1/25 cruise payment is due now....at least my 1/31 one is due today(70 days out).....

I posted back a few pages I didnt see anyone you named......I looked......sorry............I would think the crew knows all the news or dont they????

Happy Thanksgiving one and all...............turkey turkey turkey turkey turkey
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:45 pm

turkey HAPPY THANKSGIVING SPB'S...

We have dinner ressies at 5Pm and then I will throw the formal clothes in the suitcase and close them up for our trip to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow..

Patti: I will tell one and all on the ship that you say Hi...
Hope everyone has a great day...
May check in Later, Jill

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Happy Turkey day everyone......

It has stopped raining for the moment.........now we are waiting on the white stuff. I think that every leaf on every tree in the neighborhood is in our back yard. The grass was green yesterday.....this morning it is covered in leaves. Hopeuly we can get them all bagged before the heavy white stuff hits us.

Chris, good for you on booking that mini cruise. Gosh 3 days........I dn't think I would know what to do on a 3 day cruise. Though I don't think luggage would be a problem!

Oh Jill, I just hate you!! I WANNA GO TOO!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone..........will check back later.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Happy T-Day! Well, we only got a little over an inch of snow. Ray got home about 4:30 this morning and went to bed. He got up about an hour ago, had breakfast and went back to bed! So, I'm making my bean casserole and will drop it off at my GF's house around noon, stop at the store (yes, our Jewel grocery is open today!) and pick up something easy to cook for our dinner tonight! Not what I had in mind for the day, but I never complain when Ray works part of a holiday at TRIPLE time! More cruise money for me... Now if I could just weedle ONE MORE WEEKS VACATION out of my new employer, I'd be set!

Jill, have a great trip! I wanna go to!

Oh, and Patti, regarding the leaves in the yard... It was actually quite artisitic in my yard this morning. All the leaves seemed to have plastered themselves in a random pattern all over the sidewalk and driveway and then kind of freeze dried there. It looked like wall paper or something! I doubt I could have decoupaged a prettier pattern! Mother Nature at her best.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:26 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Been up since 6:00 AM and just playing in the kitchen. Have the Taffy Apple Salad ready, stuffing done.

I bought a package of dried Apricots and when I opened them they were brown, are they still okay? Usually put them in the stuffing but didn't since I don't know if ???

Bob (TA) was able to cancel the 2/15/08 cruise on Monarch I am going to look for a senior rate which is better for me. I may even earn my 40 cruise if I play my cards right and points don't change.
Smile

Snow is so pretty to look at but a pain in the backside to shovel. We get a little snow but not every year. First year we lived in this house it snowed and I have great pictures of Jim standing outside in it.

Chris you and Martha are welcome sorry you are coming here for dinner. If you ever come this way let me know. Smile

Patti I don't have to rack up the leaves it is so windy in the afternoons here that they blow in the neighbors yard and if I wait long enough they all blow away. Laughing However the boys like to chase them and see if they taste good.

It is chilly here this morning have turned on the heater was 66 degrees in the house this AM.

Well you'll have a great day enjoy Thanksgiving, the Blessings we enjoy living in a country that allows us the freedom to worship as we chose, speak our minds, and earn a living. Safe journeys as you visit friends and family.
Smile

Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:36 pm

Patti - You know me too well...but *HAD* to book to hopefully make diamond before they change the requirements. Three days is definitely not long enough, but the price was right and will only use up two PTO days.

Ginny - Check out the 2-8 Monarch. Great senior rate, that's why we booked it. Would love to see you again.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

It's cold, 40, and clear and sunny here. And I'm with Virginia all the leaves on my yard a couple of weeks ago have now blown somewhere else!

All these cruises! I need to move to LA or Florida.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 5:09 pm

Ginny, there was a great military rate on the 1/25 sailing. There was also a senior rate going, although the military rate was even better. Don't know if it's still in effect, but it's worth checking out. We booked an SO at a really good rate. Even the full suites had a military rate going - it's rare to see them not selling out by now.

Kathy, you gave me a heart attack! Final payment is Monday according to my invoice from RCI. I even have it on my calendar, LOL.

I made a fabulous chicken stew this morning. Even though my brother is doing all the Thanksgiving cooking, I had to cook something. It's from Cooking Light, and is on the cover. It's chicken with chickpeas and pasta, marinara sauce, broth, celery, carrots, onions. MMMMM. I'm going to have a small bowl before we head over so I don't hoover down his meal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Sorry jean........you're right..........its only 60 days out for a short cruise...........in fact, they screwed up ours and we have till Dec 17th because of their mistake.....

I am sooooooooooooooooo full,I could puke(sorry to be so graphic)...
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:29 pm

PH8 wrote:
Sorry jean........you're right..........its only 60 days out for a short cruise...........in fact, they screwed up ours and we have till Dec 17th because of their mistake.....

I am sooooooooooooooooo full,I could puke(sorry to be so graphic)...
My sentiments, exactly!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 11:35 pm

I too am full turkey , our dinner at Salt Rock was wonderful....
Tomorrow morning when we get up I'll put the formal clothes in the suitcases and off we will go to Ft. Lauderdale (too full to do it now)...

Don't be too chatty while we are gone, we return on Dec. 8th, so I will check in at that time...Later, Jill Cool

Up Next: Fr 11/09, Solstice 2/10, Oasis 10/10, Holiday Mystery Cruise 12/10
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 PolarBearBanner1
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 12:23 am

Jill - Have a fabulous cruise. We're all jealous, but we'll get over it. Wink

Hope everyone enjoyed their day (even those puking). pale
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:58 am

I'm still up waiting for dinner to settle. My brother cooked everything with cream, butter or oil, and I was stuffed after just one plate, not even heaped up! I'm swilling water hoping it will grab the fat & get it out of my system before it has a chance to adhere to my hips, thighs or belly, LOL.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Mornin........

Hope everyone has recuperated from the BIG FEAST. Glad that's over for another year.

We had a slight coating of snow overnight, so now all the leaves have turned from brown to white. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow and Sunday, so hopefully we can get them all bagged up.

Going out to dinner tonight with our son and DIL for our anniversary......it was their suggestion.

Have a wonderful day...............and hope that if you do go to the mall, you are successful but frugal!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 AnnivCouple05
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
PATTI & LJ
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 2:42 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 AnnivCouple05
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
PATTI & LJ
ROFL LMAO.........Well thank you very much. Ya know, I looked at this graphic and thought, there are days when I really feel like these folks look.....................OLD!!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 2:59 pm

Patti - Chose this one only because I obviously can't remember how old you are, let alone how long you've been married! Wink tongue Glad to hear your son & dil are taking you out to dinner. Enjoy!!!

Jean - Does the Jade on Monarch have a teppon(sp) table?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Patti - Chose this one only because I obviously can't remember how old you are, let alone how long you've been married! Wink tongue Glad to hear your son & dil are taking you out to dinner. Enjoy!!!

Jean - Does the Jade on Monarch have a teppon(sp) table?
Thats OK........actually I was stolen right from the crib! Laughing
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Enjoyed left overs for breakfast.

Patti & LJ Happy Aniversary enjoy dinner with family tonight!

Son is coming over to hang Christmas lights around noon. This year he has Alex (gs) to help him which is a good thing since he is still recovering from shoulder surgery and hasn't full use of his arm yet. His range of motion is still limited. If they have time they will also put of Christmas tree!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't put up tree, lights or decorations last year but with Alex here need to do it. He asked if Vicky (gd) would be able to come stay over Christmas and I said of course. Will see what happens and when she wants to come.

The last time we were all together was last Thanksgiving as that was the last time Audrey (my daughter) was well enough to come here. Made for a bittersweet day but I am thankfull that I have the memory of their being here. So anyway we enjoyed dinner and the kids went to a movie afterwards and I relaxed before tackling the dishes. My daughter in law brought a dish that is from her country. It looks like a fried egg roll sort of.

So is anyone going shopping today? I am staying home and doing nothing.

Everyone have a great day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi everyone, back from our dinner with the kids. Had a very nice evening. Hope you are all having the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
To all the SPB's..........I guess my getting in trouble had a positive twist to it. I got to meet each of you wonderful gals and guys and we have managed to keep in touch here. You all are the best. Jim and I want to wish you all a

Happy Thanksgiving

Their loss was our gain for sure. Hope all the SPB's had a wonderful day yesterday. We sure did, and then we hit the outlets today. What a blast that was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: