Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:59 pm

Evening everyone...been a very busy day here today. Have been on the go since 10:00 this morning.......but we are home for the night.

Got all my NUTS (peanuts, cashews, macadamia, pecans and almonds) for making my candy, plus some raisins, coconut, malted milk crunch, rice crispy mix and, of course, caramel. Then went and bought all my choco..........milk, white and semi sweet. Now.......the fun time begins! It's Willie Wonka time at my house for the next 3 weeks!! Umpa, umpa, fiddle dee dee................

How about DWTS last night................Helio won!!! Loved his comment about wanting the trophy to put between his two Indy 500 trophies!! I think that both Mel and Helio were great, but Mel has stage presence since she is a "spice" girl. The only stage presence that Helio has is climbing the fence at Indy when he wins the 500. I think he showed how diversified he really is, and of course Juliann worked him well. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he raced in Cleveland about 7 years ago. He is just as chaming and cute in person as he is on TV. And yes, I am a race car fan............so I guess I'm prejudice.Cool

Thanks for the roast recipe Sheila. I will definitely try that for New Years since that's the meal of the day.

Kathy, hope you will be able to sleep tonight with that roast cooking. don't be surprised if you have some rather unusual dreams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:30 pm

I'll be smelling all sorts of good smells tonite,Patti....You candy making sounds wonderful......

Did you all hear Helio's fiancee dumped him last night after he won???? Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:31 pm

PH8 wrote:
I'll be smelling all sorts of good smells tonite,Patti....You candy making sounds wonderful......

Did you all hear Helio's fiancee dumped him last night after he won???? Shocked
WHAT????????????? affraid I had no idea he was even engaged. Where did you hear this. Maybe she was jealous of Juliann.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:33 pm

It was on Entertainment Tonight....(tonite)..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:39 pm

PH8 wrote:
It was on Entertainment Tonight....(tonite)..
I walked into the family room after posting and asked Jim if he had heard that Helio was engaged? He said yeah and that his fiancee was very upset with him because he's evidently been messing around with Julianne. Hey, who couldn't resist her body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:55 pm

And shes so young...19..........and earlier this year, she called off her wedding...rumors of her and Apollo at that time....
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:07 am

I was a Helio fan too! Mel was fabulous, but did have the advantage of her dancing experience. Unfortunately missed seeing the final dances (fell asleep), but heard the results this morning.

The recipies are making me hungry!!!

Gave up decorating for the holidays since the family all stay in their own homes and their extended families. Everyone used to come here when Mom & Daddy were alive, so it's only fair that they get to stay at home. Might get to California, if grandson Blake gets to come home for the holiday. He just joined the army and left the day we got home from Alaska. Very proud of him, but wish there wasn't a war going on.

Haven't bought ONE present yet. Must get with the program! Since everything has to be shipped, will probably go the gift card route.

Ginny - Hope you're doing better each day,and glad to see there's been a bit of a comprimise with Alex and the "babies".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:27 am

Getting my meal ready and using the liner for the first time......makes me a little nervous.......sure I wont wake up to the plastic melting??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:31 am

Interesting read today............how do you interpret it?? Did RCCL call her after she complained?? No doubt thats why she is banned..

Member Cruises not the same <hr style="COLOR: #0583e9" SIZE=1>They really cut the promp from the circumstance. Tell them off in their survey & get a call telling you they are not happy. Either are we.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:03 am

PH8 wrote:
Interesting read today............how do you interpret it?? Did RCCL call her after she complained?? No doubt thats why she is banned..

Member Cruises not the same <hr style="color: rgb(5, 131, 233);" size="1">They really cut the promp from the circumstance. Tell them off in their survey & get a call telling you they are not happy. Either are we.
I saw that and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately this means she is back in my neighborhood and posting! Mad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
I was a Helio fan too! Mel was fabulous, but did have the advantage of her dancing experience. Unfortunately missed seeing the final dances (fell asleep), but heard the results this morning.

The recipies are making me hungry!!!

Gave up decorating for the holidays since the family all stay in their own homes and their extended families. Everyone used to come here when Mom & Daddy were alive, so it's only fair that they get to stay at home. Might get to California, if grandson Blake gets to come home for the holiday. He just joined the army and left the day we got home from Alaska. Very proud of him, but wish there wasn't a war going on.

Haven't bought ONE present yet. Must get with the program! Since everything has to be shipped, will probably go the gift card route.

Ginny - Hope you're doing better each day,and glad to see there's been a bit of a comprimise with Alex and the "babies".
If we could we would be flying out to spend Christmas with you guys. I don't know though, after talking with you and hearing that it was 39 degrees I think we'd better stay home as that's what it is here!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:06 am

PH8 wrote:
Getting my meal ready and using the liner for the first time......makes me a little nervous.......sure I wont wake up to the plastic melting??
Nope..........though I have never used the liners, they are perfectly safe. I can tell that you are NOT going to get a good nights sleep tonight. You'll probably be up every couple of hours checking your liner!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 am

PH8 wrote:
And shes so young...19..........and earlier this year, she called off her wedding...rumors of her and Apollo at that time....
Yes, I had heard that also. With some of those dances, you become mighty familiar with your partner. Did you see any cellulite on her body???Laughing

Apollo...........OMG.......no way. She's looks so much better next to Helio!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:12 am

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Nope..........though I have never used the liners, they are perfectly safe. I can tell that you are NOT going to get a good nights sleep tonight. You'll probably be up every couple of hours checking your liner!

Oh great......maybe I'll just leave it out and use it one day when I am home(during the day)........it really hasnt been hard to clean out anyway,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:14 am

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:

Member Cruises not the same <hr style="COLOR: rgb(5,131,233)" SIZE=1>They really cut the promp from the circumstance. Tell them off in their survey & get a call telling you they are not happy. Either are we.
I saw that and wondered the same thing. Unfortunately this means she is back in my neighborhood and posting! Mad

Amazing all the bad mouthing she is doing about RCCL.......but what the heck is PROMP???????scratch
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:19 am

I'm going to get poofed...

Quote :
They really cut the promp from the circumstance. Tell them off in their survey & get a call telling you they are not happy. Either are we.

Did they not polish your Diamond pin? We were on the same cruise you were and they treated us like royalty. Lots of events for C&A, lots of lovely gifts (and a couple of clunkers) and a fabulous ship with a great crew. Although the food and service in the dining room were not up to RCI standards.

By the way, Kathy, don't you know that old Elgar Classic, "Promp and Circumstance?" It's played at every graduation ceremony!roflmao

I went to the spcaLA today to make a donation and of course had to see who was up for adoption. There were many cute kitties, but we have enough of them for now. There was the world's cutest dog, though - a Schipperke/Pomeranian mix according to the staff. A Schipperke won the best in its class in the most recent dog show that was shown on Thanksgiving Day - a little (20lbs or less) black dog that is all energy. If you've seen the camera ad with Maria Sharpova (sp), the tennis star, and her little dog that talks like Antonion Banderas, just make the dog black and you have this little one. No, I didn't fill out an adoption application, but I was sorely tempted. The dog jumped 4 feet in the air, no lie, and then tried to lick me to death through the cage. I bet it's owner turned it because it's nuts. My kind of pooch! I called my neighbor, who has an ancient (15 yo) Yorkie and just lost her Australian shepherd mix at 18.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:37 am

Morning all!

Patti, sounds like Willy has nothing on you! So do you just make candy or do you make cookies too?

Jean good shot, I'm anxious to read her posts when she returns from her NCL cruises, you just know she's not going to be happy with those either!

Kathy my son and his GF use those liners all of time and just love them. I usually just spray the crockpot with a little PAM and then let it soak and don't have a problem. But, I've been meaning to give them a try. Maybe I'll make Patti's roast on Sunday.

I'm only working a half day today, need to go to downtown Dallas today to the Aquarium for an IBM Presentation. Love those dog and pony shows.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:16 am

Ok, thanks Patti...I woke up at 5 am sooooooooo hungry..........darn, that roast is smelling yummy....

I did take the liner out and like you Diane,I just sprayed it with Pam........

Back later...........just have to see if Jean got poofed.....hahaha.good one.........(btw,,,,friends of mine growing up had schipperke so I know what you are talking about)...sounds really cute.........

PROMP--hahah
Back to top Go down
Linda in KY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:42 am

Jul, we are definitely coming your way in April. We will be at The Falls Village in Branson from April 19 - 26, 2008. Hope we can meet sometime while we are there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:27 pm

Good Morning all. Kathy don't worry aout the liners. I use them a lot and they are perfectly safe. I also cook my turkeys in a cooking bag and they stay juicy and cook in half the time. Yes they do brown. I'm home today trying to get back to order. It sure felt good sleeping in for a while this morning. Sleep I havn't had time to search our friend's posts for a while so I'm off to check it all out. Catch you all later.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Morning everyone...........

Jean, your comment is still there. Good one Cool Cool

There is another interesting one there today that you must all check out. Seems that the messed up BD on Brilliance now cost her hubby $78 instead of the $30 that was reported after the cruise. I guess it must be inflation!!

Diane, I just do candy.........no cookies. Used to do both in my youth. These are all done as gifts. I'm up to 35 boxes right now and the number seems to keep climbing.

Kathy, am anxiously waiting for the report on the roast. Leftovers make a great beef sandwich.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Morning all! Okay, I chimed in, after Jean's post. I wanted to add more, but I quit. It was just going to get to ugly!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:38 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Good Morning all. Kathy don't worry aout the liners. I use them a lot and they are perfectly safe. I also cook my turkeys in a cooking bag and they stay juicy and cook in half the time. Yes they do brown. I'm home today trying to get back to order. It sure felt good sleeping in for a while this morning. Sleep I havn't had time to search our friend's posts for a while so I'm off to check it all out. Catch you all later.

Ditto! I use the liners and the turkey roasting bags to, love them! Of course my sister won't eat anything cooked in anything resembling plastic, as she thinks it will give us cancer. I told her if we made it this far, we're doing okay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:17 pm

Just ate lunch and here to give you a report........it was DELISH!!! Told my husband to guess the 3 ingredients and he got 2/3 ....missed the ranch......but anyway,it was sooooooooo good and so tender......

I'll try the liner next time Sheila...........I have used the cooking bags so it does make sense it would be ok....

Candy?? Now you're talking........rather have candy than cookies......even though i wouldnt refuse those either...

Off to see the latest,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next