Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Exairgoddess1
jillybabes
nancyk2sea
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
frudutx
GrmyCRS
critterchick
Murphy
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Morning everyone.................

Nice to see Chris post last night. Chris, are you feeling any better?

Susan, glad that all the painting is done. Maybe the new bedroom color will look better once you get stuff back on the walls........and the bed set up. I know what you mean about those little color cards...........never looks the same on a big wall.

Morning Ginny...............hope you're staying cool.

Jean........is the remodeling done?

Sheila, have a safe and wonderful trip...............enjoy your visit with your children.

Jul, I don't think there is anyway to check post counts.

Diane, better a toad in the pool than something bigger!

Kathy, hope you are rested up from your NYC spree.

Have a great day..................back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Murphy wrote:

Kathy, did they talk about how long it would take to get from one "neighborhood" to the next? Are there going to be taxis to get me back or forth or anything? Shocked If I learned ANYTHING from my Freedom experience, I think it is that I will be most happy if my cabin is mid-ship, but those Aqua-suites in the aft sure sound like something I'd get a kick out of!
haha.....funny,I could picture a taxi.......or maybe a pedicab(there were tons in NY).....Those aft aquatheater cabins look amazing....

I am really not a fan of the bigger ships and not sure I'll even book this one.....if we were told once,we were told twice,it wont be cheap!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:06 pm

PH8 wrote:
Murphy wrote:

Kathy, did they talk about how long it would take to get from one "neighborhood" to the next? Are there going to be taxis to get me back or forth or anything? Shocked If I learned ANYTHING from my Freedom experience, I think it is that I will be most happy if my cabin is mid-ship, but those Aqua-suites in the aft sure sound like something I'd get a kick out of!
haha.....funny,I could picture a taxi.......or maybe a pedicab(there were tons in NY).....Those aft aquatheater cabins look amazing....

I am really not a fan of the bigger ships and not sure I'll even book this one.....if we were told once,we were told twice,it wont be cheap!

Yes, our DS and his GF who really wanted to do the inaugural have backed off on that plan. They figure they'll be able to do 2 maybe 3 other cruises by the time they'd do this one. I tired to tell them!

I really believe that RCCL has taken the approach if we build it they will come and they'll pay what we want. We'll see.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Hmmm, really expensive huh.... Do you think that is just the inaugural (which I wouldn't ever do, anyway) or all the sailings? I keep wondering with all the extra food venues and entertainment options, which will be included and which will require additional fees. Except for the novelty of the whole thing, I'm not sure the general public will pay more, do you guys?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Kathy........no sleeping in here........at work by 730 trying to catch up and get prepared for 'newbie' overload....(lots of newer employees that I have to direct)....We're getting lots accomplished tho, so that's a good thing!

Sheila.......have FUN...and travel safely

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:02 pm

Murphy wrote:
Hmmm, really expensive huh.... Do you think that is just the inaugural (which I wouldn't ever do, anyway) or all the sailings? I keep wondering with all the extra food venues and entertainment options, which will be included and which will require additional fees. Except for the novelty of the whole thing, I'm not sure the general public will pay more, do you guys?
Yep, it's not going to be cheap. And the more hype that is shown on CC, the higher the prices will go. Found that out when I started that "Who's interested in doing the Mariner Repo" thread. We all had our own opinions of what it would cost to do all three legs on the Mariner...............boy were we wrong.

It's simply a matter of supply and demand. They are going to need at least 6 months to iron out all the bugs...........and I bet even after that.......it will be touch and go.

I'll like to see the ship..............not a huge fan of the larger vessels.............but from the pictures posted......it has spiked my curiosity.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:52 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Murphy wrote:
Yep, it's not going to be cheap. And the more hype that is shown on CC, the higher the prices will go. Found that out when I started that "Who's interested in doing the Mariner Repo" thread. We all had our own opinions of what it would cost to do all three legs on the Mariner...............boy were we wrong.

It's simply a matter of supply and demand. They are going to need at least 6 months to iron out all the bugs...........and I bet even after that.......it will be touch and go.

I'll like to see the ship..............not a huge fan of the larger vessels.............but from the pictures posted......it has spiked my curiosity.

And, they don't fill to capacity that "first" cruise so they usually don't drop the price. Although on Freedon I think that I remember that some of the prices did come down a little.

John said maybe we'll wait until Allure comes out and book it. I'd love do to one, once.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi all, had to send you this.....

This will make us all feel better!!!!
>>
>> A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles

>> in a year. Another
>> study found Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a
>> year.
>>
>> That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.
>>
>> Kind of makes you proud to be American.

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Mar~
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi everyone!

Back from four nights on the Monarch with eighteen family and friends! It all went pretty well! I went to the P&D party on Wednesday expecting this big announcement, and all they said is that the Oasis will have the biggest pool at sea? Danny the LA is gone, and I was not impressed with Leila the replacement, she kept trying to talk me out of a a next cruise, so I ended up not booking anything!

Well off to get younger son to camp for the summer! Check in later...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Welcome home Jen, Glad to hear all went fairly well. It is rough getting use to a different LA when we are spoiled with Danney. I think Lelia was the assistant to the LA who was on board in April, Jean would probably know.

Will be seeing how I like the freedom class ship in July and that should help me decide about the Oasis Class.

Over 100 today but that okay Air Cond. still working. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Smile Would be in a world of hurt if it didn't!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:20 pm

It's hot again here today, but it's supposed to cool off a bit tomorrow. I ended up wearing an ice pack on my head last night to try to cool off - between the heat and the flashes, I was a mess!

Susan, sorry about the bedroom color. We had that happen - I picked what I though would be nice, soothing green and it ended up looking like urine. affraid The painter called me after doing one wall, and I said to stop until I got home. Well, he had done the entire room. Fortunately the new color covered it up nicely. The moral of the story is to buy a quart and test it first, LOL.

Patti, our remodel (Phase I) will take another week, I think, which is about what I expected. The guy does really good work, very meticulous. We got a quote on carpet, some good industrial/commercial stuff, and it's $350 to do the room, which I didn't think was very expensive at all, so we've ordered that and it'll come in on Tuesday or Wednesday. We got a bid on doing the family room & upstairs, while we were at it - $2000, which I thought was really inexpensive. I'd be worried, but the guy comes highly recommended. And the fancy stuff we spent more on got bleached out by cat pee, so there's no point in spending a fortune, is there?

Jen, Leila isn't into those Next Cruises, is she? She told us that Miami is discouraging the LAs from selling them because so many people try to cancel, not having read the fine print. She didn't have the forms out, so we made an appointment and booked a pair with her. I couldn't hear her at the P/D reception in the VCL, so when she announced our 60th cruise & asked us to come up and get our crystal ship block (our 5th, I might add), some other people had to prod us. I'm so shy I might not have gone up at all! tongue

We're going out to dinner tonight - one of our favorite places has a gorgeous patio that nobody ever uses, so we will.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Ginny, Leila came over from Freedom or Liberty. She had been doing the Explorations desk and they started training her a month or so ago. I don't think Rebecca had an assistant...

Deborah Gorman, who was a FABULOUS LA, has left RCI - saw that reported on someody's Serenade thread. I heard, and I hope, that she was looking at Celebrity or Azamara. She will be missed. I think RCI dropped the ball when they re-did the LAs' compensation.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Oh, I must have been mistaken. but that nothing new. lol I have never met Deborah Gorman.

Jean it sounds like the remodel is going well, and once you start it is hard to finish.

Susan I had alot of trouble picking out colors for the remodel of my bath and bedroom. Spent days looking at the colors and when I thought I had found the right stuff showed Nancy and she said nope and then walked me through the right colors. I have done okay on other rooms but that bedroom and bath sure stumped me. Hopefully the furniture and accessories will be the trick. At least paint is not to costly and is one the of the easier fixes, at least that is what they say on HGTV!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Susan........my sil's philosphy is " IT's JUST paint, redo it if you don't like it!!"...course, my philosphy is..."I'll love whatever gets on the wall!"...I hate having to ask dh to repaint.......it's a chore getting him to do it the first time.....

Tomorrow (hopefully) he paints my new scrapbooking room.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:41 pm

That reminds me of one time when Dennis painted the whole living room/dining room area while I was at work(thats when i still worked at Barnes and Noble).......I came home and realized the color was too close to the one in the hallway.I wanted contrast. Poor guy thought he was going to surprise by getting it done.But he did repaint the whole thing over for me.

Had wicked thunder storms today......lost power for over an hour.......

Made a Rachel Ray recipe tonite.............eggplant lasagna......took me over an hour just for all the prep and to me,it didnt even taste that good........(maybe cuz it took forever??).anyway,Im sure when Dennis gets home in a bit,he'll like it......
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm

My niece when she was about 7 told everyone at school that she never knew what color the family room was going to be when she got home from school as her mother changed the paint constantly for several weeks.........(I don't have time for that!!)
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:28 am

cruiseforme wrote:
My niece when she was about 7 told everyone at school that she never knew what color the family room was going to be when she got home from school as her mother changed the paint constantly for several weeks.........(I don't have time for that!!)

OK, our walls are all white. I'm boring I'll admits it.

Morning been at work since aorund 2 will be here until noon or until the next person shows up to replace me. Knowing who it is that might not happen. affraid Richard, we believe, has adult ADHD. He can get side-tracked walking from his desk to the copier and that's in the room next to were our cubes are located.

I'm hopeful though.

l8r

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:20 am

D.......your hours STINK!!!!.....I thought mine were horrid.....I may be stuck doing some nights coming up until we get someone trained with a key...I'm hoping my dd can handle two nights a week for a couple weeks....

The best thing I ever did was get rid of the white walls......when we moved in this house 6.5 yrs ago I painted various rooms....and I still walk in and think "I love this house".....the rooms that are still white I just can't stand anymore, but that's 'fixin' to change!!!....

To give you an idea of colors here......my "aloha guest room" is NEON green, the bath is "eggplant', LR is taupe, Dr is deep sage, kitchen is deep gold, and br is same as lr....then my other guest room, the "palm room ' is deep sage and the bath is bright orange, travel room (sitting area) is sky blue....

Is that ENUFF color to wake a person up?????...but it looks awesome.....

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:55 am

cruiseforme wrote:
D.......your hours STINK!!!!.....I thought mine were horrid.....I may be stuck doing some nights coming up until we get someone trained with a key...I'm hoping my dd can handle two nights a week for a couple weeks....

The best thing I ever did was get rid of the white walls......when we moved in this house 6.5 yrs ago I painted various rooms....and I still walk in and think "I love this house".....the rooms that are still white I just can't stand anymore, but that's 'fixin' to change!!!....

To give you an idea of colors here......my "aloha guest room" is NEON green, the bath is "eggplant', LR is taupe, Dr is deep sage, kitchen is deep gold, and br is same as lr....then my other guest room, the "palm room ' is deep sage and the bath is bright orange, travel room (sitting area) is sky blue....

Is that ENUFF color to wake a person up?????...but it looks awesome.....

jul Smile

My hours aren't always this bad, just this weekend. Usually when I work on Sunday I roll out of bed and walk to my home office this weekend I could not do that. Of course we'll be handsomely rewarded roflmao .

But, I'm almost done. And on Thursday I'm coming in late leaving early and then taking 11 days off.

Here we come Jill ready or not. FYI we found out last night that John's cousin's wife has a place for sale about 75 miles N of you. It belonged to her Dad and they want to get rid of it, I think John might be interested. Cool

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:14 am

Morning All: Rain most of yesterday and boomers in offing... Looks like it is coming from the Gulf...
Got a new shredder and printer, copier, scanner, & fax yesterday so today will be installation day for the printer!
D: Sorry you have to work at the office but you will as you say "be rewarded"...
Counting the days...
Jul: Is our room the Aloha or the Palm!!! The colors sound lovely, I have off white in the condo...Later, Jill
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Morning All: Rain most of yesterday and boomers in offing... Looks like it is coming from the Gulf...
Got a new shredder and printer, copier, scanner, & fax yesterday so today will be installation day for the printer!
D: Sorry you have to work at the office but you will as you say "be rewarded"...
Counting the days...
Jul: Is our room the Aloha or the Palm!!! The colors sound lovely, I have off white in the condo...Later, Jill

There was a time when we received huge bonuses when we finished a project like this. Not anymore, not since we've gone public. We'll get some token trinket to put on our desk to collect dust. Last project they gave us this weather thing to hang on the wall, temp guage, barometer & clock, oh and a golf shirt that was so big if I had had better legs I could have worn it as a dress. I gave it to John. Even our yearly bonuses are next to nothing anymore but, with only about 5 years left to retirement why change jobs now?

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Morning everyone................it's a beautiful day here..............not so yesterday aaround 5:00. The thunder bumbers came through with a vengeance with lots of rain and wind. Lasted about 3 hours..........then all quiet on the home front. Temps went from 84 down to 69. More predicted for later this afternoon.......and it looks like a soggy Monday. :rain:

Di.......don't work too hard..............though like you said............the reward is worth it.

Gosh, with all this talk of painting................don't give me ideas!

Have a great day.................
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Morning all!
Well, my aqua/robin's egg blue/sea green colored bedroom is growing on me. I'm not shocked any more when I walk in, so maybe I'll keep it like this for a while! I think with a few distressed white washed dust collector shelves and maybe a shell mirror or something it might actually be what I wanted to begin with. We'll see what Ray says when he gets home!

The rest of the house is mostly a sandy color. I went really wild in the family room and made one wall a deeper brown sand!!!! Woo, aren't I daring! Jul, eggplant is what I wanted to do on one wall in the Kitchen, but I chickened out! Maybe the guest bath....

A quick storm blew thru already, but it's sunny but cool now. Only 63 degrees!

My big chore of the morning (other than the 3 loads of laundry, dusting, pool chores and dishwashing I've already completed) was to get my safari reservation completed for our Animal Kingdom Lodge trip this fall! Our first non-cruise vacation in a while. Although it is Disney, we don't plan to spend much time in the parks. We want to just experience the safari and animal stuff associated with the lodge. We were able to book the dinner safari a couple months ago and today was the opening of the day you can book the breakfast safari. I think it's so stressful the way they open things up on different days, but it all worked out and our concierge Terri took care of me! Hakuta matada or whatever it is! Smile

Off to grocery shop before Ray gets home. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Sis.....whichever you prefer!!...Aloha has a double bed and the Palm has a queen....I've been told by my mil that the Palm is the best guest bedroom on "her circuit" as she travels around!!...So I take that as a pretty good compliment....course dh always sets a coffee pot up for them downstairs and puts chocolates on the pillow!!!

Dh off getting the painting supplies.......can't wait to see the colors....although a tad nervous that I'm going slightly darker than I wanted........We'll see....

Susan.......bluish colors are supposed to be very calming....hence the sea blue in my office at work....(course, all the dolphin and cruise ship pictures hanging accent it well!!!!)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Well Ray doesn't hate it, but he probably wouldn't tell me if he did! So, at least for now, my "Waterfall" colored bedroom stays!

Rain on and off today. It gets nice and sunny and upper 70's then a new cold front moves in and it rains for 30 mins or so and cools into the 60's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next