Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
frudutx
critterchick
jillybabes
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Welcome Home Susan.........glad u got to veg.....sometimes that's the best to do!!

mmmmmm...medicine shopping?!??!??!.........

Have a good time cleaning........

j Smile
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Welcome home Susan, it does feel great to veg. I am very good at it. Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Ginny: Have a wonderful cruise, I know you will without saying. Is there such a thing as a bad one?

Susan: Isn't that what you were supposed to be doing? I mean so many times we try to do so much on our vacations we come back more tired than when we left, you had the right idea. Jill did call me from Grand Cayman last week and said she had seen you, I think she just wanted to make sure I wasn't off on another cruise somewhere.

Mar: Oh dear what a horrible side effect, hopefully the Z-pak will help.

Julie: You're right about the pool, it was wonderful when Tricia was still at home and had friends over for pool parties, but now it's just a PITA. John laughed a few weeks ago and said wonder how much it would cost just to have the hole filled in? How are Linda and Maurice?

Spent a couple more hours today working in the landscaping. And then I washed my car, so if you hear of major storms in our area this week that's why. My car was so filthy (how filthy was it Johnny?) you could almost tell it was red. The boss was going to take up a collection so I could stop by the car wash and have it done professionally. I also waited until today to do laundry so that's almost done for the week. Now I'm just going to go sit on my butt and watch TV and read.

L8R

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:55 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Anyone know anything about the Sea Princess? What is the ship like?
Ginny - Did 2 weeks in Caribbean on Sea Princess in April 2006. She was fine - no nice atrium like RCCL, though. Food was good, different souffle every other night - to die for. Enjoy Monarch, again.

Susan - Welcome back - you missed all the earthquake excitement.

Mar - Hope the side effects are soon over. Don't know what Z-pak is, and hope I never have to find out.

Diane - It's always been an ambition of mine to have a pool - but you're showing me the disadvantages! Perhaps a neighbor's pool will do just as well Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks for the welcome homes. Yes, it is nice just to chill! We loved the Alaska trip with all the excursions and scenery, but for this trip, doing nothing was just right!

Jean2, yes, we missed the earthquake. My sister lives in southern IL and emailed me about her experience. She said it was scary for a minute because she didn't really know what was going on, but no damage or anything. Just the thrill of saying she experienced an earthquake!

I love our pool, but Ray would be just as happy to fill in the hole in the ground! I don't get that though since his only involvement is helping open and close it! I do all the rest of the weekly maintenance! I just love to float around are read on a raft and pretend I'm on vacation! And the water exercises are right up my no-impact alley!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:05 pm

I used to sell pools and spas when we lived in Tx......they aren't too bad to take care of if you have most of the automated equip......Seems to me we went out to about where you are Diane, but that was usually my Dad not me.....i sold them more in Denton than out of area.......

I want a spa room pretty badly but dh has never been a spa person so he's not as willing. I have a great design in my head of a room to add on with a spa, plants hanging all around and windows that you can see out of but people can't see in......maybe someday.......when I win the lottery!! (after I cruise around the world)

well.....off to watch DH and Brothers/Sisters.........tivoed the Big Give.....

have a great evening

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Welcome home Susan, glad you had a good time...

Well ladies here is the rock wall....ssoooo gald it is finished.

the lot is about 200 feet wide...the wall is about 125 feet wide.

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Rockwa10
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:21 pm

Mar, some times the cure is worse than the disease. Z-paks are marvelous.
Erythomycin does me the same way...of course I can get it at will know a salesman.

Well we are in final countdown...5 working days
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Barb: All I can say is WOW! Looks wonderful just the way it is but, I'm sure you have plans that include flowers and such.

Don't get me wrong the kids still come on weekends to use the pool but, if didn't have it they'd still come.

d

Last edited by frudutx on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Ginny - Have a great relaxing cruise. Wish we were going with you.

Barb - Beautiful job! No wonder you are worn out. Love all those trees...must be a very lovely area. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Susan - Glad you DID relax on your cruise. Nothing better than doing just whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Barb..........GREAT job!!!!........looks awesome.......I'm jealous......

btw.......WHAT IS a zpak???????........

Ginny........Bon Voyage..........have a great cruise.....

jul Wink
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Azrithromycin...2 pills day 1 - 1 each day for 4 das...is a dose pack of antibotic

don't be jealous for you to can dig till you cannot sit on the toliet with out groaning, have blisters on your hands ...all for the ability to roll the lawn mower on the wall to edge and cut at one time. Danny said I would never finish...

Bon Voyage Ginny...I'm on your heels, we leave next sunday
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi everyone! Well this weekend just flew by!

Bon Voyage Ginny!

Welcome Home Susan!

Well, I didn't get any gardening done, it was so windy and cold yesterday, you could barely walk outside! My gazebo over the hot tub came clear off the cement pad and is sitting all lopsided. Sad

I did get about six more pages done in my Alaska scrapbook, but am now out of room, and have to get more pages to go in it. I still have Skagway, Seattle, Astoria, San Fran, and Vancouver to do.

Ginny, Is the Princess, a RT out of San Francisco or just one way? I would love to be able to just drive 40 minutes to the pier!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Barb, Nice job on the wall! Your trees and lawn look so pretty!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Barb........nooooooooooo, not me..........I don't like doing gardening things....NOT AT ALL........I repotted some plants ONCE....and got dirt in my fingernails....that was enuff for me!!!!!!!!......Aside from the bugs and worms....ewwwwwwwwwwwww..........obviously, gardening is not my fortay.

Dh and I have a good understanding......I take care of inside the house and he takes care of the outside.....Works good! (although, when we had the pool I ws in charge of that portion)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:40 pm

Jul, I will take a look in the Sunday paper, it usually has a coupon section.

Night all!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:07 am

Barb Wow a lot of work and it looks wonderful!! cheers
I wouldn't what to do it but looking at it is great. Very Happy

Jen it is a 10 day RT is my understanding 8/12/09 to 8/22/09 It is a real fun bunch of folks that I met on a cruise site other then CC.

Thank you for all the send offs. I really should get in the bedroom and start packing the suitcase. I do have most everything in the laundry basket or hanging in the closet ready to be packed.

I worked in the office today and got more boxes unpacked and books put away. I even have two full bookshelves that are empty. I won't tell you about the boxes that are still sitting in the living room. OH Well............... it is getting a little less as time goes by.

Barb have a good cruise in case I don't get back in time to wish you clear skies and calm seas.

Goodnight Ladies, will check back in the morning before pulling out of the drive way just in case Jean sends a message that the ship has been delayed and not to come.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 am

Morning all another great week at the office. Who am I kidding I came back to work to rest Laughing . I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. I have sore muscles where I didn't know I had muscles. On the bright side my landscaping does look a little better.

Welcome back to our travellers: Patti, Sheila, & Nancy.

Patti & Sheila I have a whole CC thread for you that eventually got poofed, had to do with our friend and diamond pins. It was very humorous. Will email it to you when you wade through the email you already have and give me the go ahead.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 am

Morning......

Nice job Barb....You did it by yourself??? Wow........Im impressed.......

Jul--you and your dh have the same philosophy as we do(he does the outside,I do the in).......I do not like working in the dirt with bugs and worms....yuck....

Welcome back Susan..How was the repo?? I'd like to do one someday.....

Bon Voyage Ginny.......and another one for Jean since she's getting right back on(well, after she goes home for a bit)..

Barb--------are you driving to FL?? Spending any extra time in the area??

WELCOME HOME SP cruisers........and Happy Monday to all.......
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 pm

WELCOME HOME Sheila, Patti and Nancy........hope the trip was awesome and looking forward to hearing about it.

Linda and Maurice say hi to everyone.......they're having a good time and came in this am to visit.......

Kathy.........looks like I'll be booking the june 9 Sov.....why don't u and ur dd join us SmileSmileSmile

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 pm

I wish i could.........I'll go check the money tree....... Laughing

just got this in an email and I dont forward stuff(cuz of viruses)..

If you need a good laugh, get ready because this one will do it for you

POWER OUTAGE DURING A MAMMOGRAM

I actually kept my mammogram appointment. I was met with, 'Hi! I'm Belinda!' This perky clipboard carrier smiled from ear to ear, tilted her head to one side and crooned, 'All I need you to do is step into this room right here, strip to the waist, then slip on this gown.

Everything clear?

I'm thinking, 'Belinda, try decaf. This ain't rocket science.'

Belinda skipped away to prepare the chamber of horrors.

With the right side finished, Belinda flipped me (literally) to the left and said, 'Hmmmm. Can you sta nd on your tippy toes and lean in a tad so we can get everything?'

Fine, I answered. I was freezing, bruised, and out of air, so why not use the remaining circulation in my legs and neck and finish me off?

My body was in a holding pattern that defied gravity (with my other boob wedged between those two 4 inch pieces of square glass) when we heard, then felt a zap! Complete darkness and the power went off!

'Oh, maintenance is working. Bet they hit a snag.' Belinda headed for the door.

'Excuse me! You're not leaving me in this vise alone are you?' I shouted.

Belinda kept going and said, 'Oh, you fussy puppy...the door's wide open so you'll have the emergency hall lights. I'll be right back.'

Before I could shout 'NOOOO!' she disappeared.

And that's exactly how Bubba and Earl, maintenance men extraordinaire, found me, half-naked and part of me dangling from the Jaws of Life, and the other part smashed between glass!

After exchang ing polite 'Hi, how's it going' type greetings, Bubba (or possibly Earl) asked, to my utter disbelief, if I knew the power was off.

Trying to disguise my hysteria, I replied with as much calmness as possible 'Uh, yes, yes I did thanks.'

'You bet, take care' Bubba replied and waved good-bye as though I'd been standing in the line at t he grocery store.

Two hours later, Belinda breezes in wearing a sheepish grin. Making no attempt to suppress her amusement, she said, 'Oh I am sooo sorry!' The power came back on and I totally forgot about you! And silly me, I went to lunch. Are we upset?'

And that, Your Honor, is exactly how her head ended up between the clamps....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 pm

April

19th--Jill--Grandeur(SJU to Baltimore)--2nd half of b2b
21st--Ginny/Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico
27th--Barb--Sovereign--Bahamas

May
11th--Kathy--Mariner--ECarib
12th--Marilyn-Monarch-BajaMexico
19th--Jill--Sovereign--Bahamas

Jun
9th--Jul--Sovereign--Bahamas
16th--Jen--Monarch--BajaMexico

July
4th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Aug
27th--Sheila--Jewel--Baltic
29th--Jean--Monarch--BajaMexico

Sept
8th--Chris/Sheila/Martha/Nancy--Jewel--Transatlantic
12th--Kathy--Sovereign--Bahamas
12th--Marilyn--Radiance--Ultimate Alaska
25th - Jean(2)--Island Princess Pacific-- Panama Canal
26th--Patti--Radiance--Hawaii

Oct
10th--Jean--Monarch(B2B)--BajaMexico
27th--Kathy--Sovereign-Bahamas

Nov
8th--Diane/Jill--Liberty--WCarib
9th--Jean--Vision--Mexican Riveria(with DirtGirl)
Thanksgiving --Ginny--Princess Sapphire
29th --Barb--Voyager-- Barcelona TA

Dec
14th--Jen--Vision--Mexican Riveria
23rd--Jean--Rhapsody--Down Under
29th--Kathy--Monarch--Bahamas

January
4th--Sheila--Mariner--repo(FL to CA)
11th-Diane/Marilyn--Voyager-WCarib
18th--Marilyn-Voyager-WCarib
30th--Jul--Jewel-Panama Canal

Feb
8th--Susan--Adventure-SoCarib

April
26th--Patti/Ginny--Radiance--SoAmerica to San Diego

May
16th--Jean--AzamaraBest of Italy

Jun
21st--Jen/Ginny--Mariner--Mexican Riveria

Nov
23th--Barb-- Independence--England & PARIS TA
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:34 pm

YEA....I'm on the list twice!!!!....tks Kathy!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:29 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning......

Barb--------are you driving to FL?? Spending any extra time in the area??

We fly in on Sunday & have a ride over to Cocoa Beach, get on the ship on Monday. I wanted to drive down Saturday, but when DH finally grabed the idea & said yeah...I had SW air tickets booked. Is a direct flight, so shouldn't be tooo bad. We are staying at the Doubletree on Cocoa Beach

Welcome back: Patti, Sheila, & Nancy

Waiting for the details!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:07 pm

Welcome home Sheila, Patti and Nancy......and Bon Voyage to Ginny....Jean takes off today on the Monarch and I told her to keep my "party-happening" friend, Celia, in line...Ha!

Doing better today...took Jul's advice and had a yogurt yesterday which seemed to calm things down..."bite-sight" looks like it is almost normal again. So far so good.

Hey Susan, is Cozumel the place to go for meds? Any Z Paks (azithromycin) there? Where does your hubby go?

Just looking at the Victoria BC websites....want to go back to Butchart Gardens in Sept on the Ultimate Alaska....I think we had the car and drove thre last time....anyone know of good transportation out there from pier???

Hugs, Mar~

PS. Barb, that wall looks like a lot of work....looks good. I assume no stray cats while you were working on it...Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next