Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
frudutx
critterchick
jillybabes
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:12 pm

WOW! Great news Jul! You have every reason to brag!

Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm

CONGRATS TO JUL'S DD!!! Thats super news Jul!! cheers
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Jul, that's great news about your DD! Congratulations!

It's cooled down today, should be at least 15 degrees cooler than yesterday. I'm working at home, sitting on a balance ball in an effort to work my flabby core muscles. Don was about to hang a second tie rack in the closet, so I suggested that we clean out our belt racks and I found that most of mine will no longer go around my waist. Perimenopause + too much wine = big gut! affraid I can't really do anything about the first item, so I guess I need to dry out for a while and see if that does any good.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Great news Juls, congrats to DD HappyHappyJoyJoy

Hear ya Jean, just do not think I can ever dry out...kinda like a threaputic level....
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:16 pm

Fab news Julie. We're very excited for you.

You'll of course fill us in on all of the details later.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:23 pm

I don't WANNA dry out!!!

Had wine with dinner last night and told dh to remind me next time I complain I'm freezing to have a glass of wine......GOSH, it over heats me!!!

Tks for the grats on DD....will let her know!!.....she is bouncing off the walls and can't tell her staff quite yet, so she has to be happy inside.....

Hopefully her and I get to run away to a beach in June.......waiting on the dates to get working on it!!

j Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I don't wanna dry out, either, so it's not likely to last. I may just get "damp" instead, LOL.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:01 pm

I got the 'dancing with the stars workout video'.......WOW, it's TOUGH!!!........course, for u Jean, it'd just be a dancing night on the Monarch!!!!

Hopefully will get dates that dd is able to take a celebratory trip with me.......and then will check out some cruises.....maybe Port Canaveral or LA.....not sure which.....guess it'll be her choice!!...I know my first choice would be LA.....

Sooooooo MAYBE I'll get to have TWO on Kathy's list!!!!!. bounce

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:46 pm

Jul what great news about your daughter Smile

Hello Ladies,

Dropped Alex off at Church for his Bible Study Group and taking time to read the messages before it is time to pick him up again.

My feet felt so nice after the pedicure that I decided to pamper myself tomorrow and get a manicure. Have removed the fake ones and my nails look really bad affraid

Was in the 80's again today.

Well that's all my news. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 pm

Great news Jul, Congrats to your daughter, and pat yourself on the back!

Giny - Don't mess up those nails by working too hard.

Kathy,thanks again for working on THE LIST...but since I'm like Jul with ONLY ONE on it, had to make a big production over it. Wink Wish I could take the one next year too...haven't even looked at cruises, but if anyone hears about great bargain one, let us know.

Jean's leaving again on Friday... Have a toddy in Bolero's for us, please.

Jen - Hope you didn't overdo, sounds like a lot of work.

It hit 90 here today sunny

I was NOT a happy camper about AI results last week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:51 pm

I can relate Jul..overheating with the wine.......Oh well,if tonite is any indication,I'll be sweating tonite... hahahahha

Ginny-------I had my acrylics taken off last month,,,,,,the first few weeks my nail split and looked crappy......have gotten 2 regular manicures(clear polish) since and they are getting much better.......I figured it was good to give my nails a break......

We "dry out" for Lent every year and no problem............BUT if I try not to drink even for a week now,I cant...........Im weak.. Razz
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:07 am

Well, going dry didn't work tonight, LOL! I'm glad I'll have some of you with me at Betty Ford, though.

My nails are a mess. I had acrylics for about 10 years, and took them off 2 years ago. My nails weren't ever all that strong, but they've never recovered from that. I really miss being able to wear polish, though - now it starts chipping almost instantly! Sad

My dog is napping on the sofa with me. She is The World's Cutest Pup. DoggieBreak
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:56 am

My nails started peeling horridly in March.......don't know why or what I did (although dr did start me on a new thyroid med)....talked to a nail spec and she said wait and see if the meds balance out. I can't polish them at all and they look terrible.....length grows at all and they just break......

Gotta try eating some gummi bears, that usually toughens them up..........we'll see

I am taking my one employee whose hubby is in hospice dying to lunch today.....trying to make her feel better bout herself.

Hope everyone has a great day........onto Tues.........

j Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:45 am

Gummy bears huh?? I'll have to try those......

Nice of you to take your friend to lunch,Jul.....bet it makes her feel better,even for a little while......

Im on Dennis puter while he finishes up our taxes.....of course,we owe... No Sad Darn it............

Have a great day one and all...........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:33 pm

PH8 wrote:
Gummy bears huh?? I'll have to try those......

Nice of you to take your friend to lunch,Jul.....bet it makes her feel better,even for a little while......

Im on Dennis puter while he finishes up our taxes.....of course,we owe... No Sad Darn it............

Have a great day one and all...........

We owed too, and we don't even get the bonus checks either. Sad Sad Sad

d
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Yep we all give way to much to Uncle Sam....at least my son will get a little back from the Economic Stimulus of 2008
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

I am trying out my wireless connection by taking the computer into the bedroom and the signal is not as strong and using the controls on the computer instead of the keyboard and mouse is ugly.

Jean have a good time this weekend on the Monarch and will see you on Monday.

My nails are okay just really short but the cuiticle are really nasty and my hands are so dry and rough. My nails have never been friendly to polish so I don't even use clear on them as everything peels and chips.

Well need to get back to sorting stuff for the thrift shop and take time to eat a bagel.

You'll have a great day.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Jul...Congrats to you and your DD!

Bob and I just started NutriSystem and I have already lost 1 lb. Woo Hoo! Hope this keeps up!

Going to the Dr. today to see if he can help me with this getting hoarse at night still......I am so tired of this. Going into the 4th week now....Mucinex doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Like Jean said, our cool weather is back......ya can't win.....it is either too hot or too cool!!!!

Got my bling transfer appliques of a ship and two anchors so will be applying them to a navy jacket type sweatshirt to take with us to Alaska.....they are iron-ons.

Hope Y'all are well......and thanks Kathy for keeping up the list!!!!!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:44 pm

D........we file extensions........so we won't get the 'economy' money til after Oct....that stinks......I was hoping the extension would kick it out, but I doubt it will...but maybe I'll get it in time to help pay for the final on the cruise.....

Genesis looks intriguing.......like the balcony overlooking the park but I think the ship is just tooo big for my liking.......Not sure I even want to sail on the Freedom class yet.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:16 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
D........we file extensions........so we won't get the 'economy' money til after Oct....that stinks......I was hoping the extension would kick it out, but I doubt it will...but maybe I'll get it in time to help pay for the final on the cruise.....

Genesis looks intriguing.......like the balcony overlooking the park but I think the ship is just tooo big for my liking.......Not sure I even want to sail on the Freedom class yet.........

jul Smile

I just got through looking at the video and pictures, too. It looks pretty incredible! 5400 people though?
How long will it take to board that many people? And will guests be woken up by lawn mowers in the park?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:00 pm

I haven't looked at the video yet, just got done with some web training and had to post!

Guess who called me from Grand Cayman? Jill.... She and Dave were having drinks at Piranha Pete's and she just had to call and say hi! See you Saturday in San Juan! I laughed and said in your dreams! I really wish I could surprise her and just show up but it's not gonna happen.

So Marilyn how are the meals? Someone John works with tried the plan and had problems getting some of the meals that they requested, how did that go for you all? We've thought of trying it, maybe we'll give it a go!

d
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:16 pm

Jul - Congrats to dd - hope she can get the time off for your vacation.

Chris - I only have one cruise booked, too. Will be using all my vacation time to go in September, so will just have to build up some more for 2009.

Jen - Can't believe you have 25 years with the same employer - you must have started in grade school. Congrats on the 5 weeks vacation time.

We had summer for 2 days, now back to 44 and raining, with hail showers. Florida looks more inviting every day! Except I'd still have to work. At least no freezing weather here, although it's snowing on Mt Hood. Now if I just had the nerve to go skiing.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Oh man Diane! You should just do it! That would be such a kick!

My sister tried nutrisystem- from QVC- and said it was just awful, she couldn't eat it. But you couldn't pick your meals, it was a predone menu, so maybe Mar is having better luck. The gym I am going to just got Diet2go meals, I think I may try it. It is all fresh made food, supposedly. They are having a demo on Wed, I think I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi Jean!

Actually, I was pretty young! I was working here before I met Jim! We've been together almost 23 years. And one of my employees introduced us!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Hello,

Just finished watching the video myself and it looks interesting however I have never been on anything bigger then a Radiance Class ship so will wait to I try Mariner in 2009.

Had my pedicure today and fingers are feeling pretty. Smile

Mar hope you feel better real soon. The jacket for Alaska sounds really cute.

Diane wouldn't Jill be surprised if you really showed!!!

I tried Nutri System from QVC and didn't like it at all it didn't include Dr. Pepper and In & Out Burgers.

Jean you and June be sure to let me know how I can meet up with you when you get to town. Would like to see you both before you head out on your cruise.

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next