Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
vlscruiser
cruiseforme
frudutx
nancyk2sea
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Greetings from Atlantis! I'm trying out the iPhone, which seems to work quite well. I'm learning 2-thumb typing, slowly!

We head to FLL tomorrow then to PC to board Mariner on Sunday. I'll post more when I get to a real keyboard lol.

Dad is improving. MY brother went to CT to help manage his care. As an MD himself he can be a lot more help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:14 pm

Good Afternoon everybody, We are doing the doc dance here today finally. DocDance They've been at the TA's office for a while but I'm glad to have them in hand.
Patti your snow is supposed to reach us by tonight and all day tomorrow. I'm soooo ready for warmth.
Ginny, glad your renovations are coming along. It sounds like you're not too far away from completion now.
Mar, the outfit sounds lovely. Please take pics for us.
Jean have a wonderful time on Mariner. I'm glad your brother is taking care of your Dad. I'm sure it puts your mind at rest.

I watched Survivor last night and it's very interesting to see the way they make decisions. Next week will tell the tale. I don't think they're merging though, I think they are going to mix them up.
BB is strange this time but interesting. They are a bunch of potty mouths though. I never heard so many beeps, and talk about catty. TimeToFeedTheCat

Lost was good last night too. Still confusing though.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Jean keep an eye out for Jill and Dave as they get back on Sunday the day you board Mariner.

Mar I have a crepe pair of pants like that the nice thing is you can wear different tops with them and it kills two birds with one stone. And, they don't go out of style I think I've had mine for at least 15 years. I have to admit it though I took mine to the tailor to have them hemmed I just did not want to be bothered. I hate pantyhose too. Can't even tell you the last time I wore a pair. Knee highs for me.

Sheila woo hoo for you and Bob. Let the count down begin.

We're going to some friend's house for supper tomorrow evening and then we'll play dominoes.

I think the kids are coming on Sunday since they haven't been by since Super Bowl Sunday.

Weather is supposed to be wonderful this weekend. Maybe we'll get some yard work done. I really am sorry y'all are getting so much snow Patti.

I have jury duty next week and our primary is on the same day. Need to figure out how I'm gonna do that. Last time I got picked for jury duty it was a DUI. Interesting.

Oh well, have some stuff to finish up and need to get back at it.

By the way Happy Sadie Hawkins day!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi all.........

Been busy running around since this morning..............I dont get to relax when dennis is home.........he loves to go,go go.....

Jean is gone away?? Wow........how unusual .hehe.........you're so lucky......hope the Bahamas are warmer than FL has been.........enjoy the MA..great ship.............

Looks like march is going to be full of cruisers from here..........who all is going away in March?? Jean,Patti,Sheila,Marilyn.Jill(Im sure).....who else??Gonna be quiet on here........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:40 am

Good Morning SPB's, Well we dodged the bullet last night. all the snow went north and the sun is shining today. Patti I hope you're not having to do too much digging. The great thing is it's March 1st and we leave in 18 days. Cheers
I have to go to the store later and do some other chores. March is B-day month in this family. I share my B-day with one of my grand daughters and one of the others was born 5 days later. Bob's sister's is in a few days and we just received an invitation to a dear friend's son's 18th. All before we go. I need to do a major card and gift shopping as well as Easter cards and gifts for all the g-kids. affraid
The rug guy called and he's coming with samples on Wednesday. I wonder if he'll want to do the job soon. Should I let him or wait 'til we get back? Hmmm!!!! Patti do you remember when the painters said they were ready to start my house a week before I left for Jewel a year ago? and I said okay go for it. It was a circus in this house but we got on board Jewel knowing that the house was beautiful. I'm just not sure I want to repeat the fiasco.

Well I'm off to start my day.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Morning.......

Just read this on CC and makes me very sad.....and shocked..........not sure if any of you know Brenda(I know Jill does)........we have cruised with Brenda and Allen quite a few times...........prayers needed.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=13585993&postcount=473
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Morning everyone.....it's a beautiful sunny day here.....finally.

Kathy, that is so sad about Brenda. Do you know how old she is?

Sheila, yes I remember that house painting episode. I don't know how much furniture you have to rearrange for the new rugs to be installed...........but it should only take them a day or two......shouldn't it?

Well, like Sheila said...........we have 18 days before we leave............so today is the day I am starting to get my clothes together.

Haved a wonderful day................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Well like Patti I've had a try-on morning and made some decisions. I got all my OTC drugs organised and packed my shoes so now I'm off to the store to get us some food.

Patti, having the rugs done will probably only take a day or two but we have so much to have to move. Since the family room is involved I have to move all the books and book cases as well as all the audio video equipment and TV. Yikes affraid It took Bob and Steve ages to get it all set up. I hope we can remember which cord goes to what, and Steve will not be around 'til Christmas. I'm just not sure I can handle all of it before we leave but if that's the option we're given I'll do it 'cause I don't want to put them off in case they "forget" about us again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Patti-------I am pretty sure she is in her late(?) 50s........I am 53 and know she's older than me.......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:36 pm

My day of getting clothes organized for our trip is not going as planned. Surprised Have to do laundry.........then had to make LJ fudge. Maybe now I can open the closet doors and start.

Kathy, Brenda is too young to have had a stroke. I've never sailed with them, I don't think........but have always enjoyed reading her posts. I sure do hope that she gets better quickly.

Sheila, OK fess up............how many pairs of shoes are you taking?
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Sheila...take a picture of the wiring in the back of your TV, stereo, DVD, etc....then you'll know how to put it back together. I can't believe that you are going to put yourself through that stress before you leave..but it is always nice to get new carpet...we need to do that in the Family Rm. as well, and I dread having to rewire everything, even with the picture!! scratch

Back to sewing!

ONE MORE WEEK! (I am beginning to sound like Martha!) Cheers Cheers Cheers

Mar
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:42 pm

As far as the wiring on the back.............Jim usually puts tape on and then either numbers it or color codes it.

Glad to see that Sheila has her priorities in order..........shoes packed..........OTC medications packed...........now shopping for something to eat!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks for all the tips. I'll pass them along to Bob. No matter when we get this done it will be stressful but thanks for all the support.

Patti I'll confess that I probably have more shoes than you.
1pair walking shoes
2pairs sandals
1pair flip-flops
4pairs dress/evening shoes
plus the pair of sneakers on my feet when I leave. Laughing Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Thanks for all the tips. I'll pass them along to Bob. No matter when we get this done it will be stressful but thanks for all the support.

Patti I'll confess that I probably have more shoes than you.
1pair walking shoes
2pairs sandals
1pair flip-flops
4pairs dress/evening shoes
plus the pair of sneakers on my feet when I leave. Laughing Shocked Laughing
OK.......I have to admit that I am taking 4 pairs dress shoes, I pair of around the ship slip on canvas shoes and the sneakers that will also be on my feet when I leave........so that's a total of 6 pairs of shoes. I'm leaving my heavy waterproof walking shoes that I brought with me on our Alaska cruise at home............they just add to much weight to the duffel.

So you're only taking three more pairs...........so that's not really bad! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:49 pm

This is Brenda and Allen.....

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 2803989180042692775S425x425Q85
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Shoes are the thing that takes up most of the room in my suitcase....I could probably pack everything into one without them.

How exciting to get new flooring,Sheila......I missed it but I guess you werent happy with what they installed originally??

Cooking two dinners at once..........one for tonite(Chix cutlets with roasted eggplant and squash) and one for tomorrow(sausage with peppers and onions)......I was feeling ambitious so might as well.......
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Kathy - That is very sad news. It was posted on our TA thread too. Crying or Very sad Never met Brenda either, but have seen posts by her and her husband.

Patti - Martha will be 58 this year and had a (thank goodness) minor stroke last year. What a scare.

Won't tell you all how lazy we've been today....still in PJ's Embarassed

Hope Julie is having a good time, we haven't heard from her....and I spoke too soon about sending wind back east. IT'S VERY WINDY HERE...not so bad at the moment, but was howling pretty good a few hours ago.

Marilyn - As well as vertically challenged...I'm sewing challenged too!

Sheila & Patti - Took only four pairs (a record) to Alaska. Not sure if I'll be able to do the same on the TA.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Hello all...tried to read & catch up, yall are to busy for me.

So anyone on trips..have a great time
Anyone just home...glad you made it safe
Sounds like lots of renovations...congrats & enjoy your new surroundings

Have worked 3 weekend straight...getting tired of this I am retired affraid

So here I sit at Danny's PC as they pull cable for new network drops in his building. So much for our dinner & a movie tonight.

So good to read all of your posts...such a band of sistas!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:56 pm

I sincerely hope that Brenda recovers fully. I don't know her but she's a cruising buddy so I'll be thinking of her and sending a prayer that she recovers.

Kathy the short version of the rugs is that they wrinkled terribly and were stretched 3 times but were never right. 2 years and many letters and other communications and they have agreed to replace them.

Patti I'm shocked I'm only 3 pairs ahead of you. My walking shoes are as light as a feather so that makes room for that other 3 pairs, and they're just little weigh- nothing slides. I pack all my shoes in my 22" carry-on so I don't have the weight in my checked luggage. They don't weigh carry-ons as a rule.

I just spent an hour working with Bob and trying to Garanimalise him so we did accomplish a lot today, and yes Patti I got the food too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:42 pm

OMG !!!! eek Now I know I'm getting old. I just spent my Saturday night watching the Osmond's 50th Reunion Concert on PBS. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:52 am

Morning all of you who are still at home and checking in)!!! Smile And good wishes to you traveling!

We are in the middle of a 2 day "nice" weather break. It was sunny and upper 30's yesterday and supposed to get close to 50 today. Of course we still have more than a foot of snow on the ground and snow predicted again by Tuesday!!! Yesterday Ray had to work a full shift even though it was nice out. His yard has one of those super-dome salt domes and all the tollway and county facilities are just about out of salt because of all the snows that they arranged to transfer salt from his super dome to their local places. We hit a 30 year high for snow earlier last week and if we get the snow that's predicted this week, we will hit a 50 year high! All I can say, is thanks for all the OT Ray's getting! At least we get some benefit out of it!

Kathy, until I got this job, I never would have thought to cook 2 meals at the same time, but I do it a lot on the weekends now. Do 1/2 my weekly cooking on the weekends then hit the crockpot mid-week for the rest of the meals. It's so convenient and if you think about it, it saves energy, so I guess we should put together an eco-friendly cookbook and make millions on our idea! Smile

I'm afraid I am NOT a shoe person! I envy those of you with several beautiful pairs of formal shoes, but I HATE to shoe shop and have one pair of formal black shoes and a couple of pairs of sandals styles that get me through my cruising attire!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Ok, Sheila and Patti....I am only going on a week cruise and have 9 pairs of shoes!!
However, we are taking our old walking shoes for the Zip line as it can get dusty- dirty in the jungle....and I like to take my warm and comfy slippers for the cabin as Bob likes to keep the temp at freezing! Thank the Lord they provide robes!!!!

Got everything measured, cut, and pinned for the pants...all I have to do is sew the hems on the machine today!

Good to hear from Barb!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Afternoon everyone.........it's a beautiful day here in that it is dry and the sun is trying to shine. Have no idea ow long it will last...........but will enjoy it while we can.

Nice to hear from Barb..........hope the family is doing better.

Susan, I guess you are like me. I don't put much effort into shoes for dinner. I figure, if somebody is going to be looking at my feet rather than from the neck down...........I've done something wrong!

Mar, don't forget that picture once the alternations are done.

Ginny, sounds like the rennovation is coming along nicely. A lot of inconvenience while it is being done...........but the rewards after completion will make up for it.

Chris, yes I remember Martha's little episode early last year. Enough to scare anyone. Just glad that everything turned out all right in the end.

Got the luggage out today and of course, got the rolling eyes from LJ. He looks on the calendar and says "we aren't leaving until March 19 at 4 in the afternoon.....that's more than 2 weeks away........so what's the rush"? Men........they just don't understand! I just wish I had a packing fairy that would do it all for me.............that's the one part of cruising I do not like...............packing to go!

Have all of our dinner clothes organized and ready to fold......that's my job.........folding both of our dinner wear. Now it's on to daytime clothes for me...........I let LJ do his own thing in that department.

Have a wonderful day....................
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Patti,
LJ would really roll his eyes here as I never unpacked from the Valentine's cruise...just took out the dirteis and laundered them and repacked them and the suitcase has been in the guest bedroom these past 2 weeks....1 week to go. I did change some of the stuff I plan to wear at night though since I got a new Mexican blouse last trip, and the new formal outfit (actually I changed both formal outfits).

Bob won't pack until Friday....MEN!!!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Everyone else's cruise is getting so close! I'm jealous!

I'm usually a compulsive 'pre' packer. Guest room usually becomes sorting central. But since I hired the cleaning company, I find it hard to leave my stuff stacked out in that room! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next