Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
vlscruiser
cruiseforme
frudutx
nancyk2sea
GrmyCRS
Exairgoddess1
critterchick
cruisenfever
JJ2sail
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I had a lot of trouble getting here today. My tool bar quick start didn't work. I had to come back in through the internet search again. Strange. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:08 am

Ginny - Happy for you that things are coming together. You'll certainly enjoy living in an almost new home. Agree with Diane, would love to see the remodeling pics.

Diane - I'm sure Jill & Dave are having waaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun than the rest of us. Wink

Kathy - I like the PH8...seems like FATE to me.

I usually have to go to "my history" and click on this board. If I use Cruse Freeks in my favorites it always takes me to the first page.

Patti - I suppose Michigan got some of that snow. My daughter is right on Lake Michigan. She does plenty of shoveling.

Jul - Hope you got my e-mail...haven't checked my mail yet this evening....on my way there now.

Stay warm back there...it's supposed to be 75 tomorrow. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Morning all, just another day in paradise? roflmao

Supposed to be in the 70's today WooHoo . If I wasn't going oncall I'd take tomorrow off oh well.

Yesterday Jill & Dave were in Jamaica and today they are in Grand Caymen where the high is supposed to be 81. Yeah I could go there!

Lot's to do maybe more later.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:57 am

Morning......

I like that Chris...........FATE!! Hadnt thought of that.......

Diane........can I come to your house today?? Cuz Ocala sure isnt like a day in paradise today.right now,its 31!! affraid

Time to pay some bills online........
Later...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Good Morning All, Diane I'll take your weather anyday. It snowed here again yesterday and it was freezing cold. Thia morning the sun is shining but it's still very cold. I think Patti is going out on her deck and blowing her snow east so it lands on my porch. Party

I'm off today and I have a long list of things to accomplish and I'm not sure where to start so I'll just sit here for a while and think about it over another cup of coffee. Cool
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Good morning, all

A big day for us, our daughter and family arrive this afternoon. It is chilly, only in the mid-50's but warmer tomorrow. After the winter they have had in IA they will welcome any bit of warmth.
Can you tell we are excited? So looking forward to seeing the gkids, we have lots planned to keep them busy.

Got to dust yet, later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Nancy--------I see by your future cruise trips,youre going on the VY TA with my very good friends..........Kate and Alan(Mcca).we have cruised together twice and will again in 09.........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Morning................no snow for us today, in fact the sun is out................but tonight into tomorrow another 4 inches expected. Mad

Sheila, I was not responsible for your snow this time. Shocked The snow on are deck was of the frozen variety and I just don't hve enough wind in me to blow that kind of snow that far. Now, if it was of the light and fluffy variety...........then you'd be in trouble.

Diane, enjoy your day in Paradise.................our days are just around the corner.

I see that the boards here are up and running and I'm not getting little boxes anymore. Thanks CF.

Got a hair appointment today.............so will check back later. Have a wonderful day.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi All,
We have had glorious weather all week so far, here on the left coast....in the 70s all week...great for my walks every day ( I go about 3 to 4 miles).

Got an email from Travelgoddess on the Vision and they are having the glorious weather as well.

Have heard some most distressing things of late about gangs of masked men and kidnapping in the border towns of Tijuana and Ensenada...fortunately we don't stop there...but the Monarch goes to Ensenada. If this keeps up, RCI will not replace the Monarch when she leaves after October!!! Sad

Mar~
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi All,
We have had glorious weather all week so far, here on the left coast....in the 70s all week...great for my walks every day ( I go about 3 to 4 miles).

Got an email from Travelgoddess on the Vision and they are having the glorious weather as well.

Have heard some most distressing things of late about gangs of masked men and kidnapping in the border towns of Tijuana and Ensenada...fortunately we don't stop there...but the Monarch goes to Ensenada. If this keeps up, RCI will not replace the Monarch when she leaves after October!!! Sad

Mar~

Mar-I read that article before our last Monarch trip in Feb. The article said that the kidnappings were not aimed at tourists, but wealthy business men/women that drive the Baja Highway. The kidnappings take place out on the deserted highway not in the towns. I don't think there have been any problems with tours our tourists on cruise ships. I also questioned our tour guide in Feb about this, and she seemed to think it was all made up? As she drives that stretch often.
Who knows, but I trust Royal caribbean to keep their tours safe. As we will be going back in June.

Here is another website to check out:
http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-california-travel/mexico-travel-warning.htm

Kind of puts it in perspective.

Last edited by JJ2sail on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Found a little more info on State Dept website:
This was from October of last year.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Office of the Spokesman

This information is current as of today,

document.write(Date()+".")

Thu Feb 28 11:17:40 2008.
Mexico

October 24, 2007

This Travel Alert updates information for U.S. citizens on security situations in Mexico that may affect their activities while in that country. This supersedes the previous Travel Alert for Mexico dated April 19, 2007. This Travel Alert expires on April 15, 2008.

Narcotics-Related Violence — U.S. citizens residing and traveling in Mexico should exercise caution when in unfamiliar areas and be aware of their surroundings at all times. Violence by criminal elements affects many parts of the country, urban and rural, including border areas. In the last twelve months there have been execution-style murders of Mexican officials in Tamaulipas, Michoacan, Baja California, Guerrero (particularly Acapulco), Nuevo Leon (especially in and around Monterrey), and other states. Though there is no evidence that U.S. citizens are specifically targeted, Mexican and foreign bystanders have been injured or killed in some violent attacks demonstrating the heightened risk in public places. In its effort to combat violence, the Government of Mexico has deployed military troops in various parts of the country. U.S. citizens are advised to cooperate with official checkpoints when traveling on Mexican highways.

In recent years, dozens of U.S. citizens have been kidnapped in Mexico and many cases remain unresolved. Moreover, new cases of disappearances and kidnap-for-ransom continue to be reported. No one can be considered immune from kidnapping on the basis of occupation, nationality, or other factors. Criminals have been known to follow and harass U.S. citizens traveling in their vehicles, particularly in border areas including Nuevo Laredo, Matamoros, and Tijuana. U.S. citizens who believe they are being followed should notify Mexican officials as soon as possible. U.S. citizens should make every attempt to travel on main roads during daylight hours, particularly the toll (“cuota”) roads, which are generally more secure. It is preferable for U.S. citizens to stay in well-known tourist destinations and tourist areas of the cities with more adequate security, and provide an itinerary to a friend or family member not traveling with them. U.S. citizens should avoid traveling alone as a means to better ensure their safety. Refrain from displaying expensive-looking jewelry, large amounts of money, or other valuable items.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks Jen for rescuing a lost polar bear!! cheers

Forgot that I have to log in to be able to see 'roll call'....after 2 hours of messing around I gave up and then saw Jen online....I hate using a different computer.....

Does anyone know if on American Airlines by doing online boarding passes you get lower boarding zone numbers or higher boarding zone numbers??????????........Not sure if I should ck in now or wait til the airport to get the lowest zone number....

Taking off tmrw early early early for LV.....soooo a week of work and fun at the Blackjack tables......... bounce

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Glad to help! I am pretty much always online, if I am at work, as I use aol for business also. Can't help you with AA, I don't think I have ever flown them.

I think Jim an I will be going to Vegas in September, it will be Jim's first time, so I will need lots of tips.

Have a good trip Jul!!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:28 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Thanks Jen for rescuing a lost polar bear!! cheers

Forgot that I have to log in to be able to see 'roll call'....after 2 hours of messing around I gave up and then saw Jen online....I hate using a different computer.....

Does anyone know if on American Airlines by doing online boarding passes you get lower boarding zone numbers or higher boarding zone numbers??????????........Not sure if I should ck in now or wait til the airport to get the lowest zone number....

Taking off tmrw early early early for LV.....soooo a week of work and fun at the Blackjack tables......... bounce

jul Smile

Mar you can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that your boarding # depends on two things:

1) your status comes first I'm airpass so I get to board after 1st class unless I'm first class then I can board first: 1st class then airpass then platinum then gold

2) after that your zone numbers are assigned depending on where your seats are in the cabin they usually board from the back of the plane forward

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:40 pm

Have fun in Vegas by the way. Haven't been there in quite a few years. Would love to go see the Divine Miss M when she takes over for Celine next year. Anyone want to meet me there? Jill has never been there either and I know she would love to go too! DocDance DocDance DocDance

I just flipped over to ticket master guess she's there already!

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:16 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
Good morning, all

A big day for us, our daughter and family arrive this afternoon. It is chilly, only in the mid-50's but warmer tomorrow. After the winter they have had in IA they will welcome any bit of warmth.
Can you tell we are excited? So looking forward to seeing the gkids, we have lots planned to keep them busy.

Got to dust yet, later

Nancy, Have a wonderful time with your family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Diane I'd love to go to LV and see Miss M. We'd get to see Chris and Martha too. cheers

Well the power of the Special Polar Bears still works. This morning the construction foreman for our developement stopped around to tell us that after two years of letters and begging we are going to get NEW RUGS. HappyHappyJoyJoy They have agreed to replace the LV DR and Den areas and we are delighted. Thanks for all the good vibes sent our way.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Diane........yup she started this month I think!.........Depending when......I'd be up for a trip out there........but of course!!.........

How about a spb's girls weekend away!!!! Course, Martha and Chris have the advantage!!

Gotta finish packing...........and then I guess go check in........I thought it was by where u sit........just can never tell.........seems like whether I'm in front or back I'm always zone 6......crazy

Have a great week y'all..............chat when I can

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Sheila - Glad it all worked out for you. Will they have it done before your CRUISE?

I'm always envious of those that can post/read at work. No such perk for me. Sad

A SPB getaway would be fabulous...especially if it were Las Vegas.

Yepperz, Miss M is here already. From what I've heard, she's as good as ever and puts on a great show. Another show not to miss is Menopause (most of you have already seen it) but it's hilarious. Laughing

Patti - Just when might you expect the snow to end back there??? We'll hope for wind, (AFTER JULIE'S VISIT, OF COURSE) to blow some of our great weather your way. Wink

Karen - Have a great time with the grandchildren. Can hardly wait til May so I can see mine.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Jen, Thanks for all the info on Mexico....

Di, I am not flying anywhere....I think you meant Jul... lol!

OOOoooooooo! I went shopping today and got a new formal outfit!!! But as with all things, us vertically challenged folks have to shorten it....drag out the sewing machine!

Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:07 am

Evening everyone,

Sheila, glad that the powers of the SPB's came through for you and you are getting new rugs.

Chris, you asked when might we expect the snow to stop....................oh, maybe the end of April, if we are lucky. We have had snow as late as Memorial Day...........you just can't fool with Mother Nature.

Julie, have a great time. Hope you can hook up with Chris and Martha while you are in Vegas.

Mar, care to share a picture of your new dress? I am sure it is stunning.

Have a great evening all.................chat with you all tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:18 am

Good Evening Ladies,

I would really enjoy going to LV and seeing the Divine Ms. M. Have mentioned to Liz (from church) that we needed to visit LV soon. Depending on what dates are picked maybe the both of us could meet the rest of you there????

Liz is a friend from church and we usually cruise on the Monarch for her Birthday.

Zipline is down range top is connected to gas line more cabinet doors and drawer fronts have been attached. Cooktop fan should be installed tomorrow and ref. moved back in place. Office is in process of laminate floor being put in. Picked out shower glass yesterday and the guy came by for exact measurements today going with a frameless clear glass surround. Also decided to order mirrors from glass place as the ones from TJMax were not quite right. Will have to take them back this weekend.

Oh the castiron sink is in place as well but still need to hook up pipes underneath.

Got a call from Marilyn regarding Winston. He is with a older couple who have had doxies before and he went right to her. So I hope this turns into a good placement for him. Marilyn told me to watch for the boys pictures on the website she will post some soon.

There have been reports on KFI 640 AM in recent months regarding kidnappings and robberies in Baja although it has not gotten much attention else where that I know of. Thanks Jen for the information.

Really nice weather here today in the 70's although in the house it was cold and I had my winter coat on and gloves as I tend to stay cold while the contractor has the doors and windows open.

Wishing you all a good day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 am

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Jen, Thanks for all the info on Mexico....

Di, I am not flying anywhere....I think you meant Jul... lol!

OOOoooooooo! I went shopping today and got a new formal outfit!!! But as with all things, us vertically challenged folks have to shorten it....drag out the sewing machine!

Mar~

No what I meant was as a former FA's you and Bob might have inside knowledge as to how they assign the boarding #'s. Our company has a deal with AA and have Airpass Cards so we always fly airpass or at least get to board when they call airpass.

Anyway, when Jill gets back we'll have to put our head together and see if we can rendezvous in Vegas.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Morning everyone............it's snowing again and that's all I have to say! Mad

Hope everyone is having a wonderful TGIF............hope you are warm and dry wherever you are. It's cleaning day today..........so I'll check back later.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:05 pm

Our weather has turned ugly here after several B-U-tiful days stickingtongueout It is overcast and cooler.

Patti....I have to shorten the pants before any pictures can be taken. I decided to be more comfortable this time around and am only taking pants and jackets. I HATE PANTYHOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! The new outfit has these amazing looking pants....all black crepe...but you have the pants and there are several free wide panels on top of the pants which fly as you walk. It looks like a skirt until you move then the panels move and you can see it is pants. The shell is the same black crepe and the jacket is a glittery silver and black brocade look. DID I SAY I HATE PANTYHOSE?????!!!!!!

Di, I have tried to forget everything I ever knew about flying! Suspect WhenPigsFly

:tv: Watched Survivor last night....Chet should have gone, not Mikey....will be interesting next week when they combine the "fans" with the "favorites".
Am also watching BB, and couldn't take Amanda's baby voice, although I felt bad for her when she had the Hypoglycemia episode.

Gotta go start hemming thes crepe pants...will be a job with the panels too.

Mar~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next