Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Good morning all.......

Leave it to someone from the UK to do the detective work and actually find where she posted that she was indeed part of the APU of the CPD!!! She used to have it in your profile, but then took out the Auxiliary part.

Phil, my husband is in charge of the APU of our local police Department. If you are in the APU, unless you have gone through almost 500 hours of special training, you can not carry a fire arm. I believe this is true for all police departments. Thank God she wasn't able to carry a weapon.........I could just see her waving it around if she encounter a "bad guy". Otherwise, the APU assist the regulars (as we refer to them) at various functions within the city. Each city is different and since Cleveland is so much larger than the small town that we live in...........I am sure her responsibilites varied.

As far as her dancing..................years ago, back in the late 60's, there was a local dance show on that originated from Cleveland and I believe it was called Upbeat. It came on every afternoon and featured special guest performers and kids from around the area that danced. It was Cleveland's version of American Bandstand.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:59 pm

PH8 wrote:
Morning all.......

Thanks Det Phil for finding that info...........did you read where she would gladly follow others in cars and tape them while on their cell phones(for evidence in court??)
.......she sure finds all the opinion type sites so she can majke a few bucks,doesnt she??

Love to know what she modeled and who she danced for????? I can only imagine.........

Taking the pups to the kennel today,then get a pedi.......had my "clip" last week........

Back later...............
I can't find that one.................care to share??
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Chris, the massage place in Ensenada is called "Massage and Facial Care." It's located at 743 Avenida Lopez Mateo (the main drag), on the right hand side of the street as you're walking from the port. There's a white iron fence in front, and you walk down a half flight of stairs to get to the place. The email address to make appointments is spatherapy@hotmail.com. We had 90 minute massages (well, I did; Don's only lasted an hour because they had a communication snafu) for $70 plus tip. You can't beat that on the ship!

They have another location that has just been refurbished, but it's next door to a restaurant that has mariachis, so the experiences isn't exactly peaceful. We actually met the owner - he's a Yank who splits his time between the US and Mexico, and has done a lot of work for the kids in Ensenada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Phil, my husband is in charge of the APU of our local police Department. If you are in the APU, unless you have gone through almost 500 hours of special training, you can not carry a fire arm. I believe this is true for all police departments. Thank God she wasn't able to carry a weapon.........I could just see her waving it around if she encounter a "bad guy". Otherwise, the APU assist the regulars (as we refer to them) at various functions within the city. Each city is different and since Cleveland is so much larger than the small town that we live in...........I am sure her responsibilites varied.
Patti, thanks for that. It's what I thought. We have a similar operation in the UK and they assist the police. It's to give the force a more visible presence on the streets. The thought of CCC carrying a fire arm fills me with dread. Has hubby heard any stories about her? She must be known as the local nut in the area. Someone many people have heard of. Interesting she used to work for UPS. They must have packed her off in a crate early in her career. Laughing

As for that excerpt about putting a camera in her SUV, have a read through some of her website reviews on the page link I gave. It is a classic, isn't it PH8? The first one is a hoot to read too. The one about recording artists.

Phil
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Howdy y'all. Just another day in paradise. It's windy and the alerts are out for more grass fires today. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard the strangest noise. It was the skimmer basket on the pool clogged with leaves from the wind storms from yesterday. We'll have our work cut out for us when we get home tonight. I'm sure every leaf in the neighborhood is in my pool.

On the subject of "CCC", I thought that we decided a long time ago that the only thing she could have ever modeled was paper bags.... roflmao And yes if there's a buck to be made stating her opinion she's there. But you know what they say about opinions.

Welcome home Jean, fill us in on your latest float. And any rumors you may have heard.

Jen, so you're in sleath mode white screen can't help you there.

Well need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Valentinescandy
Hi all,
Just getting reved up for our Valentine's cruise....9 days to go...

Do any of you remember Alan and Ginny Maudsley from our Polar Bear cruise? Alan is having severe back pain....poor guy. they will be going with us on our March Vision OTS cruise....hope he gets better by then.

WEll, we have had 2 sunny days....FINALLY...but it is still quite chilly....supposed to get more rain this weekend.

Sheila, our Choir is singing for the Small Group Host Gathering tomorrow night...and Morris Chapman will be joining us.....we will be singing pure gospel....LOVE IT. Hey, everyone, did you know that Rachel Hancock is also in a gospel choir??? AMEN!!

WE finally have reached Meet & Mingle status for both of the Vision cruises... DocDance

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:46 pm

More amusing tidbits...................or another line of BS!! affraid

Quote :
Money Market in Grand Cayman makes great money tax free, and I transfer funds from our bank to that one to grow for our retirement. Just as I did when we were there for a cruise, and I read their ad on it. So over $100k and tax free growth. Then our investment company who did the transfer lets us know when we should transfer again. It is popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:58 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
I can't find that one.................care to share??

It was one of the comments she made on that link Phil shared..

Quote :
Frog: Jott @ 01/23/2008 4:57PM Bad enough to have folks on phones that forget to stop at red or go on green as they yap away. DANGEROUS! Now the kids behind the wheel that are texting and forgetting to stop at red rear ending innocent folks. I have volunteered to put a video camera in my SUV & follow folks taping them on phones in no phome zones, speeding on freeways & sit at high schools to follow texters in autos.
Now I have help & a great site to push in court for folks to use & not use phones while driving. As I tell them, PARK TO TALK. Now I have help promoting the law.

Wow....she is really impressed with herself talking about that money........no doubt,BS.....then again, I guess she could have made that much modeling those paper bags... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:19 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Quote :
Money Market in Grand Cayman makes great money tax free, and I transfer funds from our bank to that one to grow for our retirement. Just as I did when we were there for a cruise, and I read their ad on it. So over $100k and tax free growth. Then our investment company who did the transfer lets us know when we should transfer again. It is popular.

Hey Patti.you left off this part of that post....
Quote :
So husband asks if he can get $200 & I tell him $140 til the 30th. So he gets $100 and is fine til 2/1

He has to ASK her for money and then HAS to settle???????? geek
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

Quote :

I read that, she is so full of it. Wonder which cruise they were on that stopped in Cayman wasn't a recent one.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Valentinescandy
Hi all,
Just getting reved up for our Valentine's cruise....9 days to go...

Do any of you remember Alan and Ginny Maudsley from our Polar Bear cruise? Alan is having severe back pain....poor guy. they will be going with us on our March Vision OTS cruise....hope he gets better by then.

WEll, we have had 2 sunny days....FINALLY...but it is still quite chilly....supposed to get more rain this weekend.

Sheila, our Choir is singing for the Small Group Host Gathering tomorrow night...and Morris Chapman will be joining us.....we will be singing pure gospel....LOVE IT. Hey, everyone, did you know that Rachel Hancock is also in a gospel choir??? AMEN!!

WE finally have reached Meet & Mingle status for both of the Vision cruises... DocDance

Hugs, Mar~

Mar your choir will do a great job. I thought they sounded great at Christmas. I'm sorry Alan is having a bad time. I'll email Ginny and give him our best. Hope he's better by your cruise. I actually talked to Rachel about her group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Woo Hoo !!!! bounce Done work for another week and a half and just got back from getting my nails done. I'm off tomorrow but busy with Dr's appt, shopping for Bob in case he can't find the store and starves, Laughing then packing. I'm getting excited now.

I read all the stuff from today on CCC and it's just incredible. I agree with Phil, there are now several after her on the NCL threads and it's music to my eyes to read it.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Woo Hoo !!!! bounce Done work for another week and a half and just got back from getting my nails done. I'm off tomorrow but busy with Dr's appt, shopping for Bob in case he can't find the store and starves, Laughing then packing. I'm getting excited now.

I read all the stuff from today on CCC and it's just incredible. I agree with Phil, there are now several after her on the NCL threads and it's music to my eyes to read it.

Let's hope that NCL is ready for her.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 pm

PH8 wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Quote :

Hey Patti.you left off this part of that post....
Quote :
So husband asks if he can get $200 & I tell him $140 til the 30th. So he gets $100 and is fine til 2/1

He has to ASK her for money and then HAS to settle???????? geek
ROFL LOL...........yeah Jim saw that and couldn't believe it. What I don't understand is.............he asks for $200..........she tells him $140..........but he gets $100. What happened to the $40????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:01 pm

cruisenfever wrote:

ROFL LOL...........yeah Jim saw that and couldn't believe it. What I don't understand is.............he asks for $200..........she tells him $140..........but he gets $100. What happened to the $40????
he had to pay her for her opinion when he asked her for the money.....
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Bon Voyage Kathy, have a wonderful cruise on Grandeur. You are leaving at just the right time as we are expecting another cold front on Friday...Later, Jill: Cool
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Bon Voyage Kathy, have a wonderful cruise on Grandeur. You are leaving at just the right time as we are expecting another cold front on Friday...Later, Jill: Cool
Cold Front......we've got one right now. 12 degrees outside!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:28 am

I saw the cold front coming..........will be 80 tomorrow but only in the 70s in KeyWest(which is cool for them).....but mid 80s in Cozumel........

Byeeeeeeeeee Jul and Sheila...........have a super time.........

And bye to everyone else...........have a good next few days..........I'll be back Monday...........
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 am

Kathy - Wishing you a fabulous time, and wishing we were all going with you! (hope I'm not too late).

Jean - Thanks so much for the info. Will print it out and have it handy. How is Carmen and Fido?

Poor Jen still not able to post? hmmmmm

I guess I need to go back and read the posts on the link Phil sent.

Sheila - Our infamous weather people reported that there should be little or no wind in Friday...I'm holding them to that for you.

Maybe Saturday I'll hit the post office to apply for my new passport. Certainly hope the new pic will be better than the last one! There's a saying "if you look like your passport picture, you NEED the vacation. Well, mine would've had me on a cruise ship forever!

Jul - Enjoy your trip, too.

Maybe "she" needed the $40 bucks for more bags. Diane hit it on the nose!

Marilyn - Do you leave on the 8th?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 am

Byeeeeeeee Kathy...........

Have an awesome trip.....

Sheila...........Have a GREAT time in Hawaii........soooo jealous......

Still praying here that snow doesn't ground the plane.. :flying: .....I'm checking noaa.gov about every 15 minutes hoping for a good update.......sooo far, still looking at 1-3 tonight and 2-4 tomorrow and more tomorrow night........

Have a great evening y'all..........off to catch some zzz's, I think tomorrow is going to be a looooonnnnnnnnggggggg day.......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:36 pm

Morning everyone..........it's a beautiful sunny but cold day here again. Major storm is supposed to hit us overnight into tomorrow. How I wish it would just stop already!

Wishing Kathy, Julie and Sheila wonderful trips. Soon it will be our turn.

Off to get the hair color enhanced and cut.............so check back later.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:40 pm

gd morning.............snow started at after 7 am......in less than 30mins we had an inch.........now we have almost 3........storm changed course and is hitting south harder......we are predicted for 10" (he** 1" here shuts us down) so 10 will be wild........where the airport is should get about 3"....hopefully we can get out and get there.........time will tell

have a great day..........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:53 pm

John spent last evening cleaning leaves out of the pool got an entire 30 gallon garbage can full and I'm sure he'll be cleaning the pool again tonight. Woke up at around 2:30 - 3:00 this morning to the sound of thunder and rain. Still windy and after the front comes through the temp is supposed to drop below 30. Although the sun is out and currently it's in the mid 50's. And, that's your weather for the Plano, TX area. Laughing

Sheila hope you packed your grass skirt. I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Kathy have a great time.

Julie you gonna be able to get out? :flying:

Boss will be back tomorrow, these 2-3 hour conference calls are killling me. affraid

Well I need to get back at it.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Okay, this is a test..................
This is only a test........................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:30 pm

cyclops YAY! cheers

It took a while but, I think I figured it out.

All I can say, is do not download AOL version 9.1!!

It's pouring rain again here. And I am suffering through tax returns!

I think I need cruise therapy! Fast!

Jen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next