Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:28 pm

DON'T DRAIN THE VEGGIES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm

DrEvil Ok.let me get this straight.............don't drain the veggies??(haha!)

Thanks again for the roast recipe Patti....it is now printed........
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

maaaaaaaaan, all this talk about taco soup I'm getting a hankering for it again!!...dh will be thrilled!! (he's not a big veggie kinda guy!!)

gk's here for pizza night again.........apparently they like cajun chicken pizza....

gotta run..........a little princess is demanding some attention!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:46 pm

This will show you how anal I really am, everytime someone posts a recipe, I file it in a folder on my hard drive under Polar Bear Recipes. I figure sooner or later maybe we'll have enough for a cookbook. My daughter (Tricia) is making Patti's pot roast this week-end, of course you'll have to wait till I get back to find out how it turned out. Jacob is a mashed potatoes kind of guy so when I told them the liquid can be thickened to make gravy he was in heaven.

My son and his Girlfriend came by to pick up the dogs they are pet sitting while we are away. We are returning the favor when they cruise the end of March.

I'm packed except for last minute things like curling iron, brush, comb ....

Laundry is in the works and should be done up 9. Our flight leaves DFW at 7:55 tomorrow am no sleeping late for us, what was I thinking when I booked that flight. Just getting the heck out of Dodge that's what.

We'll think of you while we're on our journey and just maybe use our internet $ to check-in during the week. Y'all be safe.

d
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi Bears!
Chris and Martha, I'm sorry for your episode! Hope things are back to normal soon! How awful that must be!

BRRRR! It's an arctic 8 degrees right now and getting colder! Rain/sleet/ice/snow yesterday and a small snow front this afternoon. I need a cruise! Smile

Welcome back Sheila and Bon Voyage to all who are leaving soon!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:00 am

Thanks for all the kind words, we truly appreciate it. Back to normal? Haven't been back to work since it happened. Will be worried all day when I do go back to work, I am such a worry-wort! Send good vibes that LA County will get that b/c to me before Feb 7th! There is a site that the passport office and LA County recommended but their site was not functioning yesterday. Just my luck. So downloaded all the forms, got them notarized, and expressed mailed them yesterday. They estimate 15 to 20 day turnaround. Hopefully they got them today, otherwise I'll be wishing Martha Bon Voyage on Feb 8th.

Diane - Again, Happy cruising!

Kathy - Where do you get all those great avatars? Do you mind sharing?

Hope everyone has a great weekend...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:02 am

frudutx wrote:
This will show you how anal I really am, everytime someone posts a recipe, I file it in a folder on my hard drive under Polar Bear Recipes. I figure sooner or later maybe we'll have enough for a cookbook. My daughter (Tricia) is making Patti's pot roast this week-end, of course you'll have to wait till I get back to find out how it turned out. Jacob is a mashed potatoes kind of guy so when I told them the liquid can be thickened to make gravy he was in heaven.

My son and his Girlfriend came by to pick up the dogs they are pet sitting while we are away. We are returning the favor when they cruise the end of March.

I'm packed except for last minute things like curling iron, brush, comb ....

Laundry is in the works and should be done up 9. Our flight leaves DFW at 7:55 tomorrow am no sleeping late for us, what was I thinking when I booked that flight. Just getting the heck out of Dodge that's what.

We'll think of you while we're on our journey and just maybe use our internet $ to check-in during the week. Y'all be safe.

d

Have a wonderful time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:07 am

GrmyCRS wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words, we truly appreciate it. Back to normal? Haven't been back to work since it happened. Will be worried all day when I do go back to work, I am such a worry-wort! Send good vibes that LA County will get that b/c to me before Feb 7th! There is a site that the passport office and LA County recommended but their site was not functioning yesterday. Just my luck. So downloaded all the forms, got them notarized, and expressed mailed them yesterday. They estimate 15 to 20 day turnaround. Hopefully they got them today, otherwise I'll be wishing Martha Bon Voyage on Feb 8th.

Diane - Again, Happy cruising!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Chris you already know how Bob and I feel. We are hoping and praying for a quick turnaround for the BC and peace of mind for you and Martha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:45 am

GrmyCRS wrote:

I have quite a few sites in my favorite places,but basically when I want one,I just do a search.....i.e "Valentines Day animated gif " (for avatars on here)...........
But here is one pretty good site............you can type what you are looking for in the SEARCH...........
http://www.animationlibrary.com/

For non animated ones(for CC since you cant use animated ones there),I basically use just this site ..
www.acclaimimages.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:59 am

Wow............last one on last night............first one today.......

Had to get up early so I could put the pork in the crock pot..........tomorrow is soup day(since it will be chilly---well,for us).........
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:42 am

Good Morning...

Thanks bunches Kathy, will check them out.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:20 am

Morning! It's a good day for soup here too! MINUS SEVEN DEGREES right now! I'd love nothing better than to curl up on the couch with a blanket and good book, but the car is making noises (I think a belt is rubbing on something) so we have to take it in this morning. That's not so bad, but in order to leave my car (which is garaged and relatively warm) at the shop, we have to start the extra car, which has been sitting out in the cold and hasn't been started since last weekend! I told Ray to go start in now (8:15am) and maybe it will be warmed up by the time we leave at 9:00! Smile

Have a great weather day, wherever you are!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Hum... the Red-neck, yankee, non-ethnic McHenry Jewel Grocery store does not stock Hominy! But I did find the Rotel and Vegall! So, I am punting... I substituted one can of pinto beans for a can of black beans. Hoping that will thicken my taco soup up!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Susan, you can also put in a can of refried beans to thinken up the soup - I have another recipe that uses them and it's amazing how they liquify when you stir them in, but not too much. What is it "they" say: necessity is the mother of invention? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Thanks Jean. It actually doesn't look too bad already. I figure it will be fine as is, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind. I also have a small can of tomato paste that I thought I might use if it looks runny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Speaking of hominy......that was the very first time in my life I ever bought it....Never knew that stuff came in a can........

Laugh of the day??? Check out CCCs post.(wasnt she a rent a cop and not a real cop??) Makes it seem like she was a real one with this........
Quote :

Incredible Police Dogs <hr style="COLOR: #0583e9" SIZE=1>I worked with many that totally amazed me. One that was in the back of a squad car with an officer assisting me on a drunk driver. The dog jumped out & into the car going bonkers. We took bags out of the car & the dog was insistant to open one. SO I did & he grabbed a can of Barbasol. The officer he works with went thru everything in the car & the dog in chasing the Barbasol can all over barking at it. SO I picked it up & he sat in front of me. I noticed that it had a twist to it & yelled that I got something with Brutus. His mate runs over as I am unscrewing the bottom of the can & out pops PURE HEROIN. Major bust with a drunk. And that dog was the officer who arrested him. All names on report & we all showed for his court date.

So these dogs are trained for explosives, drugs, guns & even most wanteds, from videos & photos.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Kathy, I'm sure she heard that story on a segment of "Amazing Animal Stories" and made her own! Or, just made it up completely! :tv:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:50 pm

hahah.................very good point,Susan...........(amazing animal stories--hahahahah)
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Susan.........I never have a prob with the soup being too runny, usually it ends up tooo thick........but no matter what I have no prob eating it all Laughing

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:54 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Susan.........I never have a prob with the soup being too runny, usually it ends up tooo thick........but no matter what I have no prob eating it all Laughing

jul Smile
It sure has the house smelling good! A nice bowl will be great later! We hit a high of 4 degrees this afternoon! I'm heating up a cup of hot chocolate... with Bailey's in it of course... right now!
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Hello All....am almost back to normal. The flight home (2PM 1/12 - 9:30AM 1/13) teamed with back to work on 1/14 was ruff...

We had a nice leisure morning while waiting for the 4" snow to arrive...never did

Hawaii
was stunning. Not a drop of rain all 8 days. We drove to almost every
scenic overlook, saw Southpoint, Wiapio Vally, Pololu lookout,
Volcanoes Nat Park, Laupahoehoe, Hilo, Kona.... Black sand beaches,
green sand beaches, Mauna Kea at sunset above the clouds

Dolphins,
whales, green sea turtles, monk seals, mongooses, & all sorts of
fish. I am busy posting my pixs & will send an invite is you wish
to see them. Only took about 2000. affraid
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:41 pm

OMG Barb.........2000??????....WOW...........aren't u glad ur digital and not film???....I could just see taking 100 rolls of film in!!!

Our temps never got above 23 today.........quite weird for us........

Watching the new Bruce Willis movie (well new to us anyhow).....so better get back to it.........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:54 pm

The pork tonite was yummy....staying up and making the soup around 11.........will have it for lunch tomorrow...........

That sure is alot of pics Barb!! Bet it was beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Kathy.......I don't know how you can sleep with food cooking all night......I would wake up RAVENOUS!!!.......I did it ONCE with a brisket and couldn't sleep cuz of the smell....

gnite all............

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 am

haha...........that happened to me the last time.......I was making one of the recipes from this group and woke up STARVINg at 8am!!

I just figured we have some running around to do tomorrow afternoon and when we do,we always eat out............so this time,I'll have lunch ready first...........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next