Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+8
critterchick
Exairgoddess1
barbeeAL
frudutx
cruisenfever
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
jillybabes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:20 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
cyclops YAY! cheers

It took a while but, I think I figured it out.

All I can say, is do not download AOL version 9.1!!

It's pouring rain again here. And I am suffering through tax returns!

I think I need cruise therapy! Fast!

Jen

Well you deserve extra brownie points for figuring that out!

Your tax returns or someone elses?

John has been doing ours for the last few years with the help of Turbo Tax, I used to do them.

Well I have an appointment to get clipped and ripped tomorrow, Sheila's terminology not mine! affraid

Making a stop at Sam's for dog food etc. Spaghetti on the menu for supper.

More later off to yet another meeting.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:11 pm

I use turbo tax for mine too. But right now I am doing all the business taxes. Employer quarterlies, annual reconciliations, and sales tax. I think I am almost done, which is good because they are due today!

Oh shoot, I still have to do 1099's! I better get hopping!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Jen, Glad to see you back. I guess it's too late to catch Kathy and I'm hoping Jul got out as well. I thought I would have a nice calm day to get my act together and be ready for tomorrow but NOOOO !!!!! Rolling Eyes My phone rang at 8am this morning with my boss pleading with me to help her out since the the lifeguard was at work but sick as a dog. I had a Dr. appt but long story short, I got there about noon and stayed til 4:15 then flew home and got started. So now I'm pretty well packed and the plants are watered and other chores done. Phew!!!! I think I'm gonna make it. If I don't get back here tonight. CYA in a week Your ever loving DramaQueen
Back to top Go down
Murphy
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi all!
I wrote a chatty message about my less than perfect week last night, but it never posted! Crying or Very sad Ah, well, just as well as it was a lot of complaining for nothing!

I leave Sat morning to see my Dad for the weekend. I hope I get out of Chicago! We are in the middle of a snow advisory. Only a few inches expected where I leave, but up to 12 inches south and east. Flights will likely be cancelled, so am hoping flying weather is good for Saturday!

I will be busy tomorrow night packing and doing all the last minute stuff. I can't believe I haven't even taken the suitcase out of the closet! Not like me at all! So will say good bye now...

Everyone have safe travels, good times and enjoy the Super Bowl if that's your thing!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:54 pm

WTG Jen! Glad you have it all sorted out now.

Sheila - ALOHA!!!!!!! Have a great time while you are getting tanned and having fun, while most of us will be here typing and pouting.

Susan - Really hope the weather clears for you! Enjoy your time with Dad.

Turbo tax here I come...think I might as well get started.
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:53 am

Chris....we leave on the Vision on Feb 10th....and where did you get the name, "shrimp"??
9 days to go!!!!
Jen...I have AOL 9.0 security, and it gives me problems as well...my computer guy says it is a computer "hog".....what ever...it gives me a headache...is always deleting My History of late, and I sometimes have problems uploading on this website.

We have had sunny days here now for the last few, but still a very chilly wind. The forecast for midweek next week is to go up to the 70s....I certainly hope so for sailaway on the weekend!!!

Got my docs today for our trip in March.

Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:32 am

Marilyn - We're doing the 3 night Monarch and leave on the 8th. So we're hoping for sunny warm weather next week too! I figured my count was off LOL. Well, since I am sooooooooooo much taller than Sheila, I call her Shorty, in return she calls me Shrimp. Works for me...been called much worse in my day.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:28 am

My grey & white cat, Harley, is lying on his back purring up a storm. We named him Harley because (1) his facial pattern is kind of harlequin and (2) he sounds like a motorcycle when he starts purring.

I guess that qualifies as OT, eh?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:01 am

It's 23 here in Dallas, the boss is back, it's Friday, I'm not on call, I ask for so little in life lol! .

I know all flights coming into Dallas last evening were delayed as my boss' flight from Louisville was delayed for 45 minutes because they had some runways in Dallas closed due to wind conditions.

Sheila once again safe trip, have a wonderful time with your "daughters".

Julie hope you made it out of MO.

Kathy have fun in Key West.

Susan vent all you want that's what we're here for. Safe travels.

Need to get some "stuff" done.

l8r

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Morning everyone............it's kind of a mixed weather situation here. Some snow, sleet, rain......but the temps aren't too bad.

Jean, thanks for the info on the SA cruise. We booked a GS for both cruises. Unfortunately it didn't show up! Sad But we did pretty well when we booked in June of 2006.

Hope everyone made it out ok..........I certainly do envy those people go to warmer locations.

Diane, I meant to ask you before...........what kind of work do you do? Hope you don't think I am being nosey, but just curious.

Have a great day.........stay warm and dry.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Diane, I meant to ask you before...........what kind of work do you do? Hope you don't think I am being nosey, but just curious.

No problem, I install mainframe computer systems as well as do migrations of data centers from one location to another.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:04 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

No problem, I install mainframe computer systems as well as do migrations of data centers from one location to another.

d
Now that sounds interesting. You aren't part of the geek squad are you?? And I mean this is a most complimentary way.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:32 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

d
Now that sounds interesting. You aren't part of the geek squad are you?? And I mean this is a most complimentary way.

Not hardly although we do occasionally get to work under pressure, I work for H Ross.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 pm

cheers I"M HERE!!! YEEEHAWWWWWWWWW

We had a hairy day yday.....4 in on the ground when we left home, got up to airport and NONE yet......but then it started.....my dd said we had 8 on the ground this am....but we took off last night and were about an hour late....

Drove to LA this am........anyhow.......have a great weekend y'all and I'll chat later

Jen.... cheers glad u were able to figure it out........I have aol 9.1 and LOVE it.....some quirks to get used to but some good points toooo

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Evening all...............where has everyone gone? I know we have a few sisters on trips..........but really. Oh well, guess we know who the gabbers are!! hehehe

Julie, glad to hear that you made it. Now enjoy yourself.

Thanks Diane for your job description. I kind of understand what you do..........asked Jim to explain it........well, that was a losing battle. Razz

Have a good evening.............................
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Hey Everyone!

Happy Friday! It's still very chilly and rainy here.

I have the free version of AOL, and usually it's fine, I don't know what happened.

Jul and Sheila have a good vacation! Who else is gone?

I've been busy getting scrapbooking stuff ready for my group cruise on 2/15.

I think I am driving Bob, (our TA), nuts with all my questions!

Went and got my hair cut and colored today, it is pretty short and pretty red, but I like it. Rolling Eyes I think.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Jen
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 am

Morning everyone...................cold by no snow.

Hope all those that are away are having a great time.

Hope all those that are stuck at home are trying to have a good time.

Oh how I WANNA GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:57 pm

Good Morning All..Just got back from garage sales and spent a whopping 50 cents...
Patti: where are you going in April 09 on the Rad??? I know that you are going to Hawaii in Sept, correct...
Have some errands to run so will check back Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:06 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Good Morning All..Just got back from garage sales and spent a whopping 50 cents...
Patti: where are you going in April 09 on the Rad??? I know that you are going to Hawaii in Sept, correct...
Have some errands to run so will check back Later, Jill Cool
Since we decided against the Mariner Repo cruise, Jean mentioned the Radiance 15 day Valparaiso to San Diego cruise, so we booked it instead. Then we found out that it is a Member's Cruise as well. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. At least I know that someone that loved to do Member's cruises won't be on this one..........or any other one for that matter!!

Would love to have you join us..........and Diane & John. There are several PB's on it besides us.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:57 pm

frudutx wrote:

d

Do they fly south in the winter??? ThreeStooges
H. Ross, scary DrEvil . I remember calling on his company years ago when I was in banking.. There was somebody being carried out on a stretcher as I came in, and the treasurer who I was meeting with said, "oh, that's just another poor bastard who can't take the pressure." That was in the go-till-you-drop 80s, so I hope it's not that bad now!

You know, I've been waffling about the Radiance SA cruise since they made it a members' cruise. But if enough PBs sign on, we'll probably stay!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm

critterchick wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d

Do they fly south in the winter??? ThreeStooges
H. Ross, scary DrEvil . I remember calling on his company years ago when I was in banking.. There was somebody being carried out on a stretcher as I came in, and the treasurer who I was meeting with said, "oh, that's just another poor bastard who can't take the pressure." That was in the go-till-you-drop 80s, so I hope it's not that bad now!

You know, I've been waffling about the Radiance SA cruise since they made it a members' cruise. But if enough PBs sign on, we'll probably stay!

I'm sure they were just kidding, which office? He's really a sweetheart, he'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it but in return he does expect you to gove 100%+ 24X7.

We've signed up for our allocation of cruises for this year, so y'all will have do to that one without us, sorry.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Here is the list of folks that are doing the April 26, 2009 Member's Cruise on board Radiance so far.............

carden/Carol & Dennis.............................Ocean City, MD
critterchick/Jean & Don...........................CA.........................Polar Bears
cruisenfever/Patti & Jim..........................Wickliffe, OH............Polar Bears
driftychick/Shelley & Dick.........................Fullerton, CA
Duckfans13/Debbie & Bob........................WA
FreQuentKruser/Jackie & Ron...................TX
ginnylou/Ginny.........................................CA.........................Polar Bear
hoover5000/Rich & Delia..........................Medford, NJ
NancyK0904/Nancy & Ken........................IA..........................Polar Bears
pooh3901/Hank & Kay.............................Cottage Grove, OR
Ray in NH/Ray & Janet.............................Atkinson, NH
Sandel/Sandy & Del.................................Southeast TX...........Polar Bears
seatosee/Jackie & Jim..............................CA
skiiergirl/Ski & Mr. Ski..............................USA
Sparkle10/Anita & Mike............................Des Moines, IA
suzyluvs2cruise/Sue & Jim.......................CA
TB/Terri & Charlie.....................................Sweetwa ter, TN
?????/Marlene & Gerry..............................Mission Viejo, CA
?????/Connie & Dick.................................KA
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Patti: thanks for the list...not sure yet what 2009 will bring for us, but I do know that we have an ARRG reunion cruise in late 2009 (place and date TBA)...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 4:01 am

Jill, what does ARRG stand for?

Diane, this is next year, not 2008, so maybe you could still come along! The incident was at EDS headquarters, in Dallas, as I recall. I think that was the trip where I saw Mary Kay's pink mansion, which she had just built.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:47 am

critterchick wrote:
Jill, what does ARRG stand for?

Diane, this is next year, not 2008, so maybe you could still come along! The incident was at EDS headquarters, in Dallas, as I recall. I think that was the trip where I saw Mary Kay's pink mansion, which she had just built.

Well, in that case I'll have to mention it to John although I have told him I'm not booking another cruise until we do Hawaii!!!

That must have been right around the time that he had sold EDS to GM, and GM was in the process of buying him out. He felt even the executives should work, heaven forbid! Mid 80's?

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next