Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Kathy, the hysterectomy doesn't sound like fun, but I bet it'll relieve a host of issues for you. When is the actual date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Jean----Im going in Dec 10th at 5am(surgery at 7am)...............doc said I can home either Wed night or stay till Thursday if I want.........

I hate silver polishing.........I have so much silver(from my mom) and I never clean it........shes probably rolling over in her grave with my non cleaning habits of some things.....

Enjoy that break from work,Sheila............thats a nice long one.......

Is that fudge I smell from Ohio??? Smile
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Taking a break............no Kathy that is not fudge. I use Merken's choco wafers in milk, white and semi-sweet and also peanut butter, I melt them down and then add various things like cashews, almonds, peanuts, rice crispies, malted milk crunch, crushed pretzels, and I also do molds. I make carmels and turtles also. Might make some choco covered cherries, but those are a PITA and take at least 3-4 days turning them constantly so that the fondant liquifies with the cherry. When I'm finished I will have made 2880 pieces of candy and will have gone through 75 pounds.

Loved Martha's response to CCC!! I could just picture Martha saying that to her in person with this dumbfounded look on her face. Laughing

Well, Willie Wonka is calling....................check back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 12:42 am

OHMIGOSH Patti..............that sounds delish!!!!!!! Im drooling here...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 1:14 am

Back from Chgo........enjoyed the 5" of snow..........my granddaughter had a blast playing at a park and having snowball fights.

Shopping was such a success......went to a Toysrus and nailed getting the Nintendo Wii's that I have been searching for unsuccessfully for weeks......sooooo between that and several other great finds I am almost done.......couple piddly things to get and then done.

Sounds like a busy week for all.........

Patti........WHY making 240 dz candy???? Feeding all of Ohio?????

Jean1.....welcome home......sounds like the cruise was gr8 as usual

Kathy......sounds like ur getting ready.......it'll be over before u know it....

Dead tired after 12.5 hours of driving soooooo off to sleep......

Have a great evening y'all

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:57 am

Glad you are home Juls...still pondering the christmas gifts...have to buy for children...we are not exchanging among the adults...so not toooo bad. Then I get gift cards for staff at work.

We are headed to Atlanta to shop this weekend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 am

Welcome home Jul...sounds like a FABulous time in the windy city....glad you had snow so your gd could enjoy it.........

Day of beauty today for me.....nails,pedi and hair cut..........goodness knows I can use it all.........

Later all..............
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:00 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Taking a break............no Kathy that is not fudge. I use Merken's choco wafers in milk, white and semi-sweet and also peanut butter, I melt them down and then add various things like cashews, almonds, peanuts, rice crispies, malted milk crunch, crushed pretzels, and I also do molds. I make carmels and turtles also. Might make some choco covered cherries, but those are a PITA and take at least 3-4 days turning them constantly so that the fondant liquifies with the cherry. When I'm finished I will have made 2880 pieces of candy and will have gone through 75 pounds.

Loved Martha's response to CCC!! I could just picture Martha saying that to her in person with this dumbfounded look on her face. Laughing .

I can picture her too, with that what the H--- are you talking about look on her face look. Made my day.

Patti you must love to make candy as much as I like to make fudge. I b---- about it but people love it so much and it really is easy. One year my team leader handed me a large cookie tin and said here's a tin you can just put my Birthday fudge in here. So I did, I washed the tin out made two batches of fudge and as each was done poured it in the tin. Wish you could have seen his face when I handed him the container and a knife. Priceless.

d
Well, Willie Wonka is calling....................check back later

Last edited by on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Happy Friday everyone!

I am going to try and do some baking this weekend and finish decorating. The card making class that I thought was this week is actually next week, so my cards will be going out a bit late.

Jul- Glad your trip was successful and you are home safe and sound.

Kathy- Have a great day of pampering!

I guess I should start thinking about shopping also! I've only gotten one gift so far!

Jen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 3:33 pm

Hi Guys. Well I'm done for 2 weeks DocDance DocDance Off to Phila tonight to sing in the Messiah at the Kimmel Center with my 2 DD's. We got the news that we can occupy our new church building and we will have our first service there on Sunday. It will be special.

I love the Chocolate Factory in Ohio with the Branch Office in Florida. Between the two of you, you could cover the whole USA. Can we place orders? Laughing

Got the cards made and the Christmas letter done so I just have to sit down and get them addressed and off. Maybe Monday.

Happy TGIF Catch you all later.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Afternoon all............have a few minutes so thought I would see what's happening in other parts of the country.

Jul, I make 144 pieces of candy and the boxes that I used each take 57 pieces.........so I have enough to make 48 boxes.........all spoken for I'm sorry to say. Make them for family, and for gifts. Wish I could send you all some....but the postage costs more than making the darn stuff. Plus, I have found that candy just love to change their seats in flight!

Diane, I have a fudge recipe that I might try also after I am finished. We love fudge and it is soooo much easier and less time consuming.

Kathy, you do deserve a day for yourself.........in fact, this weekend should be all YOU.

Sheila, OK, where's the Chocolate Factory in Ohio? I get my nuts from King Nut/Peterson's Nut Company which is headquartered in Solon, Ohio. Boy, do I love to walk in there when they are roasting nuts!!

Have a great day all...............be back later.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:27 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Afternoon all............have a few minutes so thought I would see what's happening in other parts of the country.

Jul, I make 144 pieces of candy and the boxes that I used each take 57 pieces.........so I have enough to make 48 boxes.........all spoken for I'm sorry to say. Make them for family, and for gifts. Wish I could send you all some....but the postage costs more than making the darn stuff. Plus, I have found that candy just love to change their seats in flight!

Diane, I have a fudge recipe that I might try also after I am finished. We love fudge and it is soooo much easier and less time consuming.

Kathy, you do deserve a day for yourself.........in fact, this weekend should be all YOU.

Sheila, OK, where's the Chocolate Factory in Ohio? I get my nuts from King Nut/Peterson's Nut Company which is headquartered in Solon, Ohio. Boy, do I love to walk in there when they are roasting nuts!!

Have a great day all...............be back later.

Patti, the recipe that I use is right out of the BHG cookbook. No thermometer needed very simple.

Has to be if I can make it. roflmao

d
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi Guys. Well I'm done for 2 weeks DocDance DocDance Off to Phila tonight to sing in the Messiah at the Kimmel Center with my 2 DD's. We got the news that we can occupy our new church building and we will have our first service there on Sunday. It will be special.

I love the Chocolate Factory in Ohio with the Branch Office in Florida. Between the two of you, you could cover the whole USA. Can we place orders? Laughing

Got the cards made and the Christmas letter done so I just have to sit down and get them addressed and off. Maybe Monday.

That sounds really nice Sheila. Wish we could be there to hear you, I just love the Hallelujah Chorus. Do you do the entire Messiah? If so from start to finish how long does the performance take?

Enjoy your weeks off.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 5:06 pm

It's raining and I am packing.....Monarch in 2 days! Hope the weather is nicer then it is here right now...but San Diego and Catalina are not all that far away...packing sweatshirts again. This storm is supposed to clear out by Monday. Good timing!

You guys talking about fudge is making my mouth water...I am a Chocoholic...Can't have Hershey's kisses around th house cuz I'll eat them!!! Razz I usually make cookies, but no time this year.

Would love to hear Sheila and group sing the Messiah. I have done that at one time or another, but can't remember how long the entire thing was. We just finished our two Christmas Concerts last night....now a nice break at sea before the Chritsmas services. Our church does 14 services over 4 days...I am only going to sing with the Choir for 8 of them.

Have a great weekend!
Mar~
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Sheila and anybody else who has a cruise coming up in 2008. Seems that RCI did some changing on their M&M website for cruises.............and a lot of M&M's are now gone that had their 25 maximum sign up. So, you will have to re-register again. Here's the link

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Good Evening Ladies,

Home this AM from the Monarch and had a great time visitng with Bob, Jean & Don, Cathy & Steve, last but not least John. Fun time dancing and watching Quest.

Will try and catch up later. santa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:43 pm

Quote :

Patti my love, I ws refering to your "Chocolate Factory" and Diane's branch office in Texas. lol! Just my twisted sense of humor I guess. scratch To me it sounded like you guys were trying to take over from Ghirardelli. Sure wish I could taste it though, it sounds yummy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:50 pm

frudutx wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

That sounds really nice Sheila. Wish we could be there to hear you, I just love the Hallelujah Chorus. Do you do the entire Messiah? If so from start to finish how long does the performance take?

Enjoy your weeks off.

d

Diane, It was an incredible experience. I didn't get home until about 12 midnight though. We did not sing every single chorus and the soloists skipped some of the lesser known rececitives, but it was wonderful. It lasted for about 2 hours. The acoustics in the new concert hall are so good. The soloists were not miked and you could hear every note, crystal clear. Downtown Phila is so pretty at Christmas too.
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Good morning,

Ginny - Glad you had a fun week cruising. Wondering how Alex and the "babies" made out while you were gone. Hope some good bonding took place.

Finally got a bit of shoping done...at least it's a start!

Saw the post from LS that the system was having problems with the M&M's *again*, and you don't have to re-register, although I did for our TA next year. Same thing happened for the PB cruise. Oh well, doubt any M&M could be better than that one.

Figured it was best for Martha to post since she is not a well known "stalker" Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:10 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sheila and anybody else who has a cruise coming up in 2008. Seems that RCI did some changing on their M&M website for cruises.............and a lot of M&M's are now gone that had their 25 maximum sign up. So, you will have to re-register again. Here's the link

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Thanks Patti, I just re- registered for all my cruises. I don't know why they do this and wipe out all the existing registrations. Rolling Eyes Couldn't they just import them over to a new system? We had large #'s for all my cruises and now they're back to 6-8ish again. HolySheep
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Good Morning! Welcome home Ginny! When does Jill get back?

Sheila, your performance must have been awesome! Did anyone record it?

It's a bright sun shiney day here! But frost on the ground!

I tried to do some shopping yesterday, but only ended up with more Christmas decorations for the house and booked another cruise on Monarch! The June 16- 4 day was half price for CA residents! I couldn't pass it up, it will be my son's HS graduation present. It's so hard to find summer sailings discounted, and needing 2 cabins it gets expensive. So.....

I am determined to finish decorating, do some baking, and go scrapbooking tonight!
Wish me luck! Very Happy

Have a good weekend everyone!
Jen
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 1:42 pm

Good morning everyone..........it's a really nice day here.......well, that's because there is NO SNOW!! supposed to get rain for the next three days............now that could be a problem with the ground frozen.

Welcome Home Ginny.........did Jean #2 behave herself?

Bon Voyage Marilyn and Bob..........hope you have great weather.

Kathy, hope you have something FUN planned for this weekend. I sure will be thinking of you on Monday morning.

Morning Jen, congratulations on booking that cruise. What a great graduation present.

Morning Chris, and how's your weather in NLV?

I re=registered for all the M&M's..........didn't see Laura's message until after I had done it.

Dramaqueen wrote:
Quote :

Patti my love, I ws refering to your "Chocolate Factory" and Diane's branch office in Texas. lol! Just my twisted sense of humor I guess. scratch To me it sounded like you guys were trying to take over from Ghirardelli. Sure wish I could taste it though, it sounds yummy.
Yes, LJ figured that out when he read your post. With my speed reading and then having chocolate on the brain...........it didn't register. Though when you mentioned Florida...........I think that is where I got confused. Nothing unusual for me at my age.

Glad that your concert went so well. You'll have to give us a private concert next March in the CL.

Well, back to the chocolate factory.

Have a wonderful day and will check back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:19 pm

Quote :
Sheila, your performance must have been awesome! Did anyone record it?

Jen, It was not recorded. It did sound awesome though and I wish I could have gotten a recording.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:10 pm

Kathy......will be thinking of you Mon, and Tues and Wed while ur recuperating at the "castle".

Soooo foggy here today, can't see the front end of a car. Hasn't even lifted at all yet.

Back to work.........jst a quickie......

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Snowman
For all you Chocoholics....I have this stitchery in my kitchen:

I want you,
Happiness, and
Chocolate.....
but not necessarily
in that order!

1 more day!!!!!!! and Thanks Patti for the Bon Voyage!
Mar~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next