Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:57 pm

Sheila......glad y'all liked it.........

Kathy.........mine's a red convertible....love that car....sooo fun to drive.

Patti.......I've thought about using 2 cans vegall and scrap the corn.......only deviation I've done is tried it with ground turkey and it came out tooooo dry so the second time I did that I added extra tom sauce to thin it up a bit....

I also have found in the salad section some 'strips' that I put on top instead of frying up tortillas......much easier.....

off to catch some zzzzzzzzzz's.........dead tired and not sure why........

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 1:10 am

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 GlorifyHim

HI All,
Say Sheila, since you are going to Swif your way to Oregon, how about coming down to Calif.? We could use a good dusting here...."Ain't had no time for housework!"

Just found out upon our return home that our choir and Christmas services on Saturday night are going to be taped again FOX Channel. They did this last year and showed the service every other hour on the 24th, I think it started at noon. We have 2 rehearsals now on tomorrow night and Thursday night and one has to be in the two services on Friday in order to sing for Saturday....I guess they want us REAL familiar with the music and so forth. So if you turn on FOX on the 24th and see Saddleback Church advertised, You might catch a glimpse of me on the bottom row as they quickly pan the Choir...Ha!

Had our Choir party last night and what a barrel of laughs...we did the white elephant game...it was priceless.

Sheila, also tomorrow I finally get thes daggone stitches out of my neck! The bandaids are making me crazy besides the fact that I am allergic to the stickum!!

Hugs to you all,
Marilyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:21 am

Morning all............

First day of being all alone................anyone want to come over and keep me company?? Very Happy

Jul-I LOVED my 'stang,but it got to the point,it was hard to see at night..........and once I tried out the Jeep,I knew it was the right choice for me,,,

I smelling home cooking in the air..........Ok, who is it today?? :eat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
Juls, Your soup was a HUGE hit here tonight. It was soooo YUMMY!!!! :eat: Bob loved it and so did I. I have enough for leftovers and two freezer containers. I highly recommend it.
So does that mean that Bob now loves Jul also. Laughing Definitely going to the store on Wednesday and get all the stuff. Though when LJ saw the recipe he's changing it already............wants me to add V8 and forget the corn!

Now Patti.... you know that Juls can only be a close second in Bob's heart, I love you and tell LJ not to meddle with the recipe too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Good Morning all, Sunny and very cold here today. I don't think I'll go out. Bob brought home a gift from the Center in the form of a turkey so I think I'll cook that bad boy up and slice it down into freezeable portions for us. That place is very good to us. We each got a very nice bonus plus the turkey and then we have a staff party tomorrow. That's more than the hospital I worked for for 20 odd years and we're only part-time. santa

Tonight for dinner we'll have leftover Patti's roast. Yum !!!!!

Kathy I wish I could beam myself up and come keep you company, it certainly would be warmer.

Well I'm off to work on my flight plan for the Swiffer Tour. Catcha all later.

HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 1:09 pm

It's raining in LA today, probably through tomorrow night. It's a good day to put on a pot of soup, so maybe I'll give this taco soup recipe a try. I have another one that's always a hit, but I love trying new ones!

Kathy, glad you were able to fend off cabin fever for a bit.

Sheila, you may as well make it a circle tour and swing by LA after Oregon (you can use my Swiffer when you get here if yours is worn out). And you can stop by Jen's house on your way, lucky gal!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Hello, from sunny & warm (54) Dallas. Sitting here at the kitchen table waiting until it's time to leave for jury duty. Hopefully, it'll be just like when John was called and I'll have nothing to do. Traffic court anyway so how bad can it be?

I got some salmon out of the freezer for supper tonight so you can't be smelling my food Kathy.
How are you feeling? Not doing to much I hope!

Well, Sheila you could stop by Patti's then head to Julie's go by my place in Texas head to Vegas to visit Chris and Martha and finally land in CA. Sorry, Jill & Kathy can't figure an easy detour through Florida.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:37 pm

Morning all! Yes! I really think Sheila has to make a stop in Northern California before she heads south! lol!

It's not just raining here today, it is pouring! :rain: But atleast it warmed up to a balmy 52 degrees!

I am listening to Josh Groban's Noel album on XM right now, it is really beautiful!

I got most of my cards and shopping done, now just wrapping and cleaning.

Have a good week everyone!

Jen
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Did anyone watch the Battle of the Choirs last night? I thought Team Bolton and team Shelton was the best.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Afternoon All: Just stopping in to check and see when Sheila will be arriving at my house to swiffer, you can come to Florida first can't you???
Will check back Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:37 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Did anyone watch the Battle of the Choirs last night? I thought Team Bolton and team Shelton was the best.

Jen I watched it and enjoyed it As a former choir director my money is on Team Lachet sp. at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:16 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Afternoon All: Just stopping in to check and see when Sheila will be arriving at my house to swiffer, you can come to Florida first can't you???
Will check back Later, Jill

Well Jill, I guess I'm going to have to start by going south and then northwest to Ohio before starting across the country. However, I'll be working at night and you'll never see me. BeamMeUp Just call me the "Swiffer Fairy" Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Fay1
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:54 pm

OK, Sheila here's the route:

Barb & Danny (AL)

Jill & Kathy (Florida)

Linda (Kentucky)

Julie (Missouri)

Me(Dallas), Dianne(Ft Worth) & Dianna(Austin) (Texas)

Chris & Martha ( Nevada)

Jen, Marilyn, Ginny, Ruth, Jean (CA) (not in any specific order)

Jean (OR)

Susan (IL)

Patti (OH)

So who did I miss? roflmao

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Phew.........Poor Sheila..she's gonna be beat... Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:48 pm

frudutx wrote:

Barb & Danny (AL)

Jill & Kathy (Florida)

Linda (Kentucky)

Julie (Missouri)

Chris & Martha ( Nevada)

Jean (OR)

Susan (IL)

Patti (OH)

d

Girl !!!!...... You have way too much time on your hands. You need a job. roflmao roflmao

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Fay1
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:51 pm

frudutx wrote:

Barb & Danny (AL)

Jill & Kathy (Florida)

Linda (Kentucky)

Julie (Missouri)

Chris & Martha ( Nevada)

Jean (OR)

Susan (IL)

Patti (OH)

d

Nancy & Ken in Seminole, although they left today for home which is Iowa stickingtongueout
Maybe santa and his reindeer can guide Sheila along lol! ...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:52 pm

Okay all you gourmands. I need a good recipe for turkey soup. I sliced down the white meat into meal portions, made gravy and did the same with it. All is now frozen. I got rid of the carcass but I kept the drum sticks. Can I make a good soup using them for stock??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 6:55 pm

jillybabes wrote:
frudutx wrote:

Barb & Danny (AL)

Jill & Kathy (Florida)

Linda (Kentucky)

Julie (Missouri)

Chris & Martha ( Nevada)

Jean (OR)

Susan (IL)

Patti (OH)

d

Nancy & Ken in Seminole, although they left today for home which is Iowa stickingtongueout
Maybe santa and his reindeer can guide Sheila along lol! ...Later, Jill Cool

I ain't goin' down no chimneys. affraid

Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 10:51 pm

I'll put some soup on for ya when u swiffer thru Sheila!!!!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:11 am

Dramaqueen wrote:
Okay all you gourmands. I need a good recipe for turkey soup. I sliced down the white meat into meal portions, made gravy and did the same with it. All is now frozen. I got rid of the carcass but I kept the drum sticks. Can I make a good soup using them for stock??

Well, getting rid of the carcass is never a good idea if you want to make soup, but the drumsticks will do in a pinch. Put them in a pot with some water, chopped carrots, celery and onions (I don't measure, just do "enough"). Add a bay leaf, some thyme and salt & pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a couple of hours. Strain the liquid out through cheesecloth and chill it overnight. The fat will rise to the surface and you can skim most (not all!) of it off.

Then you're set for some killer soup - add some new chopped carrots, celery & onion, simmer until they're tender. Add some of the white meat that you froze, diced, don't be stingy. Throw in a handful of cooked noodles and chopped fresh parsley (a little underdone as they will absorb the liquid) in the last minute or two.

I make food for my dog using the cheapest cuts of chicken I can find. I do all of the above except that I don't add onions to the original broth, since that's toxic for pups, and I use canned chicken broth for liquid instead of water (you could try that, too). Then I freeze the broth before I make any soup for the humans. I use it for the next batch of dog food, skim off everything and freeze it again. After the 3rd or 4th batch it's the most amazing broth I've ever had - really rich in flavor and perfect as a base for something!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 10:04 am

critterchick wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Well, getting rid of the carcass is never a good idea if you want to make soup, but the drumsticks will do in a pinch. Put them in a pot with some water, chopped carrots, celery and onions (I don't measure, just do "enough"). Add a bay leaf, some thyme and salt & pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a couple of hours. Strain the liquid out through cheesecloth and chill it overnight. The fat will rise to the surface and you can skim most (not all!) of it off.

Then you're set for some killer soup - add some new chopped carrots, celery & onion, simmer until they're tender. Add some of the white meat that you froze, diced, don't be stingy. Throw in a handful of cooked noodles and chopped fresh parsley (a little underdone as they will absorb the liquid) in the last minute or two.

I make food for my dog using the cheapest cuts of chicken I can find. I do all of the above except that I don't add onions to the original broth, since that's toxic for pups, and I use canned chicken broth for liquid instead of water (you could try that, too). Then I freeze the broth before I make any soup for the humans. I use it for the next batch of dog food, skim off everything and freeze it again. After the 3rd or 4th batch it's the most amazing broth I've ever had - really rich in flavor and perfect as a base for something!

Yes, I'd probably vote for noodle soup.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:33 am

Morning all.......

I sure am in a group of cooks....WOW!!! My idea of making chicken soup is making Dennis run to the Chinese restaurant for chicken rice soup.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 am

Morning SPB's, right now 59 and fair and no wind!!! Off in a bit to get my hair cut and then will pack this afternoon...
Jean #1: The soup recipe sounds good, will have to try after the new year since we have a turkey in the freezer!
Hi Kathy, sounds like you are on the mend, any messages for Paul & Judy???
Diane: Will call you, Later, Jill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:13 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Morning SPB's, right now 59 and fair and no wind!!! Off in a bit to get my hair cut and then will pack this afternoon...
Jean #1: The soup recipe sounds good, will have to try after the new year since we have a turkey in the freezer!
Hi Kathy, sounds like you are on the mend, any messages for Paul & Judy???
Diane: Will call you, Later, Jill

Jill, Since we'll be spending 46 days with Paul and Judy can you assure them that we eat with a knife and fork and don't burp in public. affraid We need to make a good impression. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:22 pm

Good Morning All, Jean, thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely try that.

Grey skies today in Delaware. I havn't been out yet so I don't know how cold it is. I do know that there are hunters close by because my dogs woke me this morning barking at the gun shots that I thought were knocks at my door. Scary stuff affraid Hope the deer run the other way.

I'm off to a party this afternoon and then I have to find more stocking stuffers for my two older GK's. I found lots of stuff for the little ones but I'm having a hard time with the other two. Boy does that cost add up.

Have a great day catcha all later.
HolidayTree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next