Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+9
barbeeAL
Murphy
JJ2sail
frudutx
TwitchOR
critterchick
cruiseforme
jillybabes
cruisenfever
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:24 pm

jillybabes wrote:
turkey HAPPY THANKSGIVING SPB'S...

We have dinner ressies at 5Pm and then I will throw the formal clothes in the suitcase and close them up for our trip to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow..

Patti: I will tell one and all on the ship that you say Hi...
Hope everyone has a great day...
May check in Later, Jill

Jill, Bon Voyage. Have a great time and hoist one for us.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 11:41 pm

Well Christmas Lights are up and timers are set for 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Boys also got the Christmas Tree in place with the lights on. Tomorrow Alex and I will decorate.

Been enjoying left overs all day. Smile

Good night.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:06 am

Jeepers, decorated for Christmas already???? We may get it done this weekend, but no guarantees.

I punished myself at the Y today and feel a lot better. I struck out on errands today - the local post office was closed, the local library was closed and my jeweller goofed on the size of the bracelet he made for my grandmother's watch. This is a watch that my stepmother found in an old box, hadn't seen the light of day since before my mother died in 1973. It looks like costume, but turned out to be 14k white gold with diamonds and sapphires. The original strap is an old grosgrain ribbon. The new one is a diamond tennis bracelet cut down to fit my wrist. The excess will be 2 rings (was going to be one until we discovered the misfit today). I didn't take a "before" picture, and I really wish I had - it's an amazing transformation! That's my Christmas present to myself.
Back to top Go down
TwitchOR
Charter Member
Charter Member
TwitchOR

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:49 am

Had a quiet day on Friday. Did loads of washing and started getting things together for Monarch cruise. Went to the bank and got $1s & $5s to spend in Mexico, if I get off!
Received a letter from the INS, I have my citizenship interview and test on Jan 7. Cool Fortunately I had already changed my Jan. 7 Monarch to a Jan. 13 Vision so I'll be able to go. Strange how things work out. Is it fate, I wonder.

However, when I take the Oath of Allegiance I hand in my green card and get a Certificate of Naturalization, which I use to get my U.S. passport. But, as I fly to LA on Jan 9, I'm going to ask to take the Oath after I return from my Vision cruise. Otherwise I'm not sure if RCCL would know what to do with a Cert. of Naturalization. (And I don't want to carry it with me - it's much to precious. I could duct tape it to my body, but that would get really messy after 12 days Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:26 am

Morning and a belated Happy Anniversary to Patti and Jim.......congrats!!! Ours is tomorrow,but we're probably newlyweds compared to you(12 years---2nd marriage).........

Jean-that watch sounds so precious........You're really making it a keepsake.......

Decorated some yesterday...tree all done and switched out everyday dishes and silverware with Christmas ones........still more to do today..........I never,ever decorated this early when living in NY...moved to FL and it seems everyone decorates Thanksgiving weekend.....

Have a super weekend all....................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 am

Wahhhhhhhhhh.I cant see all the cute pics you're posting.. Sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Morning everyone........it's a crisp cold day here, but the sun is shining. Have a baby shower to go to in about an hour and then hopefully will be home in time to help Jim bag leaves.

Jean#1, your bracelet sounds awesome and what a treasure it will be for you. If you posted pictures, I can't see them either.

Jean#2, congratulations on becoming a US citizen. Now you'll have to put up with all the bureaucratic BS that we have to put up with!!

Sheila, enjoy your family. Give a big hug to "don't yike yat".

Happy Anniversary Kathy. The next 28 are a snap!

Ginny, lucky you to get all your decorations up, as well as Kathy. Have not decided if I am going through all the work and trouble to do extensive outside decorating this year. Might just put the red and green spots up and say.............all done!!

To Susan, Ruth, Barb, Jen, Marilyn and anyone else that I forgot hope you are all well.

Have a wonderful day....................check back later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi All, Having a Griswold Family Christmas here.
1. Caley my DIL has gotten sick and had to go to Urgent Care today to be seen and get some antibiotics.
2. Bob and I were clearing out the leftovers and putting them in smaller containers. Long story short, he broke a casserole dish in the sink and laid his thumb open. DS and he are on the way to the ER where my DD works so she can sew him up.
The plan was to go outlet shopping and then all my kids were going to Sight and Sound which is an amazing Christmas show here in Lancaster PA. We were to mind all the kids. I'm pretty sure we'll get organised enough to have that still happen, but without the outlet shopping.

Jean your bracelet sounds beautiful.
Patti and Jim belated best wishes.
Jean2 Glad to know you got your date. I did it several years ago. I remember all the red tape. I felt so funny handing over my green card but I'm glad I did it.
Everyone else have a great day. I'm hoping mine improves soon.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Jean #1 your watch/bracelet must be beautiful. What a wonderful idea to change out the band.
Jean # 2 after seeing what my daughter in-law has gone through to complete the process I know it is long and at their convience. Congratulations Will we have to enjoy a Drinks.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Happy weekend everyone!

Jean #2, how exciting for you! Good luck and I think are are smart to wait until you get back to surrender your green card!

We are doing well here. I wish it were a little warmer (35 degrees right now in the mid-afternoon high!) because I want to put a few lights up outside. Since we re-landscaped, all my bushes are too small to put up the lights I've done in the past, but I have a plan in mind. I'm just too cold to go do it!

Put up a few things inside this afternoon. I have a lot of fiber-optic stuff and got all that unboxed. I put up a tropical palm tree XMas tree and think I'll skip the big 6 ft traditional this year. We aren't having any big parties and it's such a lot of work to put up. I put it in the living room, where we NEVER sit anyway, so you only see it from the street! But, I'll probably miss seeing it as I pull into the driveway and talk myself into putting it up next weekend!

I did almost all the XMas shopping this morning... ONLINE! Free shipping on most and I'm all set! We exchange gifts with my best friend and her family and I've got those gifts to finish up, but it's all under control! Hope everyone else had some successful shopping! I can't believe the lines of folks they showed on the news. YUCK!

Well, back to my decorating and a little cooking. I'm making a pot pie out of the T-Day leftovers....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:01 pm

Only reason i did all my Christmas decos was I skipped the Halloween ones and heard about it from my family.......they were disappointed which surprised me cuz I didnt think they cared........so guilt set in with Christmas......

Making a roast tonite.....with all the fixins......we NEVER eat at home so its a treat........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:41 pm

PH8 wrote:
Only reason i did all my Christmas decos was I skipped the Halloween ones and heard about it from my family.......they were disappointed which surprised me cuz I didnt think they cared........so guilt set in with Christmas......

Making a roast tonite.....with all the fixins......we NEVER eat at home so its a treat........
Speaking of roasts.............if you want a great roast that takes little work and have a crock pot here's the recipe.

1 chuck roast
1 envelope of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 envelope of Brown Gravy Mix
1 envelope of Italian Dressing Mix
1 c water

Mix all the dry ingredients, pour water in crock pot and then put roast in, sprinkle mixed dry ingredients over the roast.........cover and set on low. Cook for 7-8 hours. I added mushrooms to mine and after about 3 hours some small red potatoes. It is really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:44 pm

That sounds yummy...........I love to use the crock pot too..........thanks...........

I happen to be cooking red potatoes and mushrooms along with the roast in the oven........decided too late today to make it in the crock pot..........
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
1. Caley my DIL has gotten sick and had to go to Urgent Care today to be seen and get some antibiotics.
2. Bob and I were clearing out the leftovers and putting them in smaller containers. Long story short, he broke a casserole dish in the sink and laid his thumb open. DS and he are on the way to the ER where my DD works so she can sew him up.
The plan was to go outlet shopping and then all my kids were going to Sight and Sound which is an amazing Christmas show here in Lancaster PA. We were to mind all the kids. I'm pretty sure we'll get organised enough to have that still happen, but without the outlet shopping.

Jean2 Glad to know you got your date. I did it several years ago. I remember all the red tape. I felt so funny handing over my green card but I'm glad I did it.
Thanks for the wishes Sheila.

Sorry to hear that your DIL got sick..........and even worse, Bob cuts himself. Now all you need is for a squirrel to come in the house and ruin the tree........isn't that what happened with the Griswold's?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Keep senting those crock pot recipes this way! I dropped the lid to mine a few months back and asked Santa to bring me a new one! I'm thinking it will be great to use while I'm working these late hours. I know how to make corned beef in mine, so I NEED RECIPES! Smile

The turkey pot pie was fab and quite a treat as I never make it. Ray said he liked it because it was different... I'm taking that as a compliment, but... Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:21 pm

Murphy wrote:
Keep senting those crock pot recipes this way! I dropped the lid to mine a few months back and asked Santa to bring me a new one! I'm thinking it will be great to use while I'm working these late hours. I know how to make corned beef in mine, so I NEED RECIPES! Smile

The turkey pot pie was fab and quite a treat as I never make it. Ray said he liked it because it was different... I'm taking that as a compliment, but... Shocked
I've made that roast twice and Jim loves it. If I find anymore crock recipes, I will send them your way.Very Happy

Now, how do you do your corn beef in it? I usually set my corn beef in boiling water in a medium size pot and put it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 4-5 hours. Is it easier in the crock?
Back to top Go down
Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Patti, I just put the corned beef (with the seasoning packet it comes with), with some carrots and onions in the crockpot in the morning and it's done at dinner! I boil the potatoes and cabbage separately. The potatoes never get done in the crock and the cabbage doesn't take very long to cook so would be mush by dinner time. Sometimes I use the crockpot water to boil the potatoes so they get the seasoning. My mom taught me to use the crock pot. She used to boil it and it was always tough. Once she discovered the crockpot, she never went back and I've never done it any other way!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 am

Murphy wrote:
Patti, I just put the corned beef (with the seasoning packet it comes with), with some carrots and onions in the crockpot in the morning and it's done at dinner! I boil the potatoes and cabbage separately. The potatoes never get done in the crock and the cabbage doesn't take very long to cook so would be mush by dinner time. Sometimes I use the crockpot water to boil the potatoes so they get the seasoning. My mom taught me to use the crock pot. She used to boil it and it was always tough. Once she discovered the crockpot, she never went back and I've never done it any other way!
Thanks, I will definitely try it.

If you use the recipe I gave you for the pot roast and add fresh thickly sliced mushrooms and you like your gravy a little thicker, add a tablespoon of flour when you mix the seasonings. Seems that fresh mushrooms, add a little more liquid. The small red potatoes that I put in, always cook nicely. In fact, with all those seasonings, it can be a bit salty. By adding the potatoes, it takes a lot of the saltiness out. Something my momma taught me..........that I actually remember.Very Happy

Have a great evening everyone.......just a wee bit tired. Poor Jim blew all the leaves into four piles while I was at the shower this afternoon. Told him I would bag them when I got home. When I saw the size of those piles of leaves, affraid I raked them onto our plastic drop cloth and we moved them to the curb. Hopefully they will stay there until they are picked up by the leaf sweeper on Wednesday. Of course, if they blow north, it won't make my neighbors very happy!bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:36 am

Hi All, The baby's is bathed and in bed, the kids are out at the show and Bob feels pretty good so all's well with the world. They're all coming tomorrow for Christmas exchange and dinner so it's all hands on deck again in the morning. All the talk about food is making my mouth water. Patti I will try that roast recipe. I have a crock pot recipe for a pork roast. It includes Apricot Preserves. I'll find it and post it at some point. Nite Nite Polar Bears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:40 am

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Thanks for the wishes Sheila.

Sorry to hear that your DIL got sick..........and even worse, Bob cuts himself. Now all you need is for a squirrel to come in the house and ruin the tree........isn't that what happened with the Griswold's?

Your right about the squirrel Patti. I hope we've come as close as we'll be getting to the Griswolds. It's been quite a day.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:46 am

A late good Saturday evening to all!

Jean2, I don't think there's a teppan grill at Jade. I only get sushi to go, so I'm not sure.

We had some steaks tonight and I improvised on potatoes au gratin. I layered some sliced red potatoes (because that's all I had), and shredded Sargento Mexican cheese, then poured some milk & eggbeaters over it, then topped with Parmesan. Don "hates" cheese and he snarfed down a big portion, so it must have been good, LOL.

I have a pot roast recipe from the Scarsdale Diet book, of all places, that's out of this world. I broil a chuck roast just to brown it & get off some excess fat. I slice an onion, carrots & celery (I don't even measure the quantity anymore), make a sauce of red wine, a small can of spicy V-8 or low sodium V-8 plus some red pepper sauce (I add extra when Don's not looking, LOL), add some bay leaves, garlic and whole cloves. You can cook it in a crock pot or in the oven a 300 degrees until the beef is really tender. I make gravy from the sauce, just add a bit of cornstarch to thicken it.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:39 am

Shelia, Sorry about all that happen with DIL and husband but glad that things are back on track. Forgot to post this in my earlier comments.

The recipes sound good, Patti I printed your out and will give it a try. I quit cooking for the most part years ago and only in a great while use the oven. I know I need to change and maybe some day ........ Jean I am copying yours as well it also sounds yummy!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Well......the computer did it to me again........haven't had an email showing me that y'all are talking...and BAMM...a new thread and TEN pages....Will take me a month of Sundays to catch up....

Crockpot recipe....ohhhhh it's soooo gooood
Taco Soup
1# browned hbgr (or use grnd turkey)
1 can corn
1 can white hominy
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans pinto beans
1 can vegall
1 packet Hidden valley ranch dressing
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatos

Just put all in crock pot and mix up, cook on low all day....
I fry up strips of tortillas for top and put cheese on top too....I can eat this for days.....

btw....if u use ground turkey then add an extra can of tomato sauce cuz it tends to be drier than hbgr...

ENJOY.........
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend. Wish I could have a three-day work week all the time.

Sheila - Poor Bob, give him a hug for us. Nothing too serious with your DIL I hope.

Great recipies...will see that Martha gets them! Wink I vaguely remember making this very easy crock pot recipe for Tamale Pie. 1lb ground beef, 1 chopped onion, 1 can corn, 1 can enchilada sauce. Fry hamburger (can saute onions at the same time) til brown and crumbly. Spray Pam in the crock pot, then layer about three corn tortillas on the bottom, add the meat (you can add raw chopped onions if you desire), corn (canned or fresh), layer of shreaded cheese (your choice, but I prefer Mexican mix), chopped olives (if you want), top with enchilada sauce of your choice, then repeat again till you've used all the ingredients. Cook on low all day.

That's enough domesticity from me for one day Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:23 pm

K.........caught up rapidly.....only had 4 pages....

Patti and LJ......happy late anniversary!!

Jean.....sounds awesome on the watch ( I have my grandma's opal ring ===over 100 years old and tooo chicken to wear it...I'm sure she's rolling in the grave as she wore it every day of her life from 16yrs to 98 yrs)

Jean2...Congrats on getting ur test set up...GOOD LUCK!!

Sis......Late Bon Voyage...I wanna go toooooooo

Ginny......I'm still trying hard to get the 2/15/08 scpbking cruise set up for dd and me.....gotta call Bob tmr....anyone got his phone number???????

Kathy.......was it u with a anniv too??....If so...Happy Anniv

k......now gotta run and sell something to somebody...

oh yea....Susan, will be ur way Dec 3-6 for my Cmas shopping....I'm going to try and get a hotel on Priceline for Schaumburg as we LOVE Woodfield Mall (used to work there many moons ago!!!)....

if I missed anything important....forgive me, it's been a rough weekend selling crap (and NOT enuff either!)

jul Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next