Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
VegasSpunk
TwitchOR
GrmyCRS
Cruising Fool
JJ2sail
vlscruiser
cruiseforme
cruisenfever
Linda in KY
Murphy
frudutx
jillybabes
barbeeAL
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Good Morning everyone!

Just checking in. I guess I missed all the fun again! Diane, do you think he even saw your post, or was it poofed before he saw it?? Can
we even tell?

My back is still bothering me, I had DH turn on the hot tub last night, so tonight I'll be able to soak! Sheila how is your back doing?

Have a good day everyone.

Jen
Hi Jen, sorry about your back...........a hot tub sounds really nice. Just think, in a little over a week you'll be able to rest and relax for 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi Patti,

Sounds like the Italian Place is the place to make reservations. Will see about that today. Not sure what night to go anyone have suggestions? HappyHappyJoyJoy Just looking forward to nex week. Cool
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Jen, anyway you can get a hotstone massage fitted into your schedule this week? When my back goes out I find it really helps. Mine tends to spasm and the hot stone really helps it to relax. Hope you are feel tip top soon.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Looks like our friend is busy off posting advice on JBOY, NON-Smoking policy, and credit cards. I really think she was kicked off the thread and I think you're probably right Patti, it wasn't E who had me poofed it was her.

Yeehaw, 3 more days of work. Cool

d
Back to top Go down
Cruising Fool
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Jen: Hope your back is feeling better.

Sheila: Your back was hurting, too? Did I fall asleep while reading posts again? Anyway, hope you're feeling better also.

This trip is going to be so needed for everyone with all that's been happening. I can't wait to meet you all.

Ginny: Love the tiramisu in Portofino's. But then again, I love the chocolate cake in Chops. (Can you see what I go for?) Whole trouble is, either way, I'm so full from eating there that I always have to take the dessert back to the room. So, that being said.... I think I'm more partial to Chops because the cake holds up longer in the room than the tiramisu. (Isn't it a cow that has extra stomachs? That's what I need so that I could eat the tiramisu and not feel so full.) Anyway, eitherway, the fillet mignon is FANTASTIC!

Geesh, I just read my post and I think I'm blathering again. Oh well - that just means you'll know what I'm like when you meet me.Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Does anyone have any info as to internet??....I tried a q on the boards but not much info.....
1)...is inroom work mainly when in port (that's the way one guy explained it.
2)...do u need anything special to do the wifi?...Or can I just buy a package and take my laptop whereever it works best???

I usually try to use internet cafes in port if I can...don't need to keep totally in touch but do have to be available somewhat.......I try to check in once a day for sure when possible.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:20 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Does anyone have any info as to internet??....I tried a q on the boards but not much info.....
2)...do u need anything special to do the wifi?...Or can I just buy a package and take my laptop whereever it works best???

I usually try to use internet cafes in port if I can...don't need to keep totally in touch but do have to be available somewhat.......I try to check in once a day for sure when possible.

I'm sorry I can't help you there. We just use the inter cafe now and then.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi Polar Bears!

I just wanted to quickly intrude on your thread to wish you all a wonderful cruise and we look forward to your reports when you return!

And don't forget about us after you've completed your sailing!
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks Jacqueline for the well wishes. I know we will have lots to share and post about. Thank you so much for allowing us to use this site and have some much fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 pm

Host Jackie wrote:
Hi Polar Bears!

I just wanted to quickly intrude on your thread to wish you all a wonderful cruise and we look forward to your reports when you return!

Thanks Jackie, we won't forget you.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Host Jackie wrote:
Hi Polar Bears!

Thanks Jackie..........now, how could the SPB's forget a place that let's us have fun, talk about "whatever" we want. Laughing

Think you could go over to the other side and give them some lessons in PR. They really could use some help.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks Jackie....We will be BAAACK!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:29 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Hi Jul, I think I read somewhere that you have to buy wi fi card to connect with your own laptop? And they have hot spots around the ship.
I think, don't quote me, I read it was around $130 for a week of access, which I thought was a little steep. They are also supposed to have internet connections in the cabins, also for a fee, but not sure if it has been completed on Radiance yet? I keep getting different answers about the free internet for suite guests also? I would like to stay in touch with my kids that way.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 2:33 pm

This is from the CC site:

Royal Caribbean International

Internet & Wi-Fi:
Ships are equipped with Internet Cafes featuring 12 - 24 terminals (more private are the cyber stations at business centers on ships that have them -- Voyager and Radiance class). One of the most interesting touches -- and unique, as far as we can tell, to the industry -- is that Internet-accessible terminals are located in its Adventure Ocean kids' facilities (and the rate's half what parents pay). On the line's more recent ships (Voyager and Radiance class) in-cabin access is available.

Fees & Equipment: CyberCabin service costs $70 for a four- to five-day cruise, $100 for a one-week cruise, and $130 for nine- to 10-day sailings. Rates for the onboard cafe are 50 cents a minute (25 cents per minute for kids' terminals in Adventure Ocean).

Cell Phones: GSM and CDMA roaming access is available on all ships. Charges apply.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 3:15 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Ask Dianne, our roll call starter. She's practically lived on Radiance since last October......and I do believe that her husband takes his laptop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Host Jackie wrote:
Hi Polar Bears!

Thanks Jackie for your good wishes. Don't worry we'll be back to blab.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi everybody and welcome Ruth, finally Laughing Laughing

I just have to know what did Diane say that got poofed?? I'm so bummed I didn't get to read it. Drat work anyhow Evil or Very Mad I wish I'd said more last night, his post was soooo insensitive. Diane whatever you said GOOD ON YOU BABE!!!!

For those who asked, my back is doing much better. I'm still taking an anti-inflammatory and I plan to be careful when we start moving luggage. I tend to grab before I think. Thanks for all good wishes.

Oh BTW I have it on very good authority that CCC's maiden name is Matlin so Chris ask your contact at the newspaper if he's heard of that name.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi everybody and welcome Ruth, finally Laughing Laughing

I just have to know what did Diane say that got poofed?? I'm so bummed I didn't get to read it. Drat work anyhow Evil or Very Mad I wish I'd said more last night, his post was soooo insensitive. Diane whatever you said GOOD ON YOU BABE!!!!

For those who asked, my back is doing much better. I'm still taking an anti-inflammatory and I plan to be careful when we start moving luggage. I tend to grab before I think. Thanks for all good wishes.

Oh BTW I have it on very good authority that CCC's maiden name is Matlin so Chris ask your contact at the newspaper if he's heard of that name.

Sorry, can't remember any more, I was upset though so he got the full brunt of my ire.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:

OK, fess up how did you find that out?
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 4:58 pm

Diane, had a nice email from Ski (she told me that you are quiet like me stickingtongueout )...........I'm trying to spend Robert's money. Told them that we booked the Radiance for April 26, 2009 Valparaiso to San Diego.......so we shall see. She told me a few months back that Robert was looking into doing some different ports.............so I had just the right cruise for them.

Jean#1 and Ginny are also booked.............anybody feel adventurous and want to join us?
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:04 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Diane, had a nice email from Ski (she told me that you are quiet like me stickingtongueout )...........I'm trying to spend Robert's money. Told them that we booked the Radiance for April 26, 2009 Valparaiso to San Diego.......so we shall see. She told me a few months back that Robert was looking into doing some different ports.............so I had just the right cruise for them.

Jean#1 and Ginny are also booked.............anybody feel adventurous and want to join us?

Yes, Ski and I got on well although we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked. They would probably enjoy that itinerary, as long as they can bring their golf clubs.

We have 2 cruises already booked with Jill and I need to save at least a week's vacation to do something with the kids. And I always save 1 week for The 3-day Walk planning and execution.

Such a busy life.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:05 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

A good sleuth never reveals her sources....DrEvil
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Remember last week when CCC mentioned that her brother was killed in Vietnam and the flag that was dragged over his cofin was flown from the 12 foot poll her dad made?

Jim just went to The Vietnam War Memorial site that lists all the names of those killed in action, it lists their names, rank, date of birth, date of death and home town.........if her brother did indeed die in Vietnam in 1970, then his name, which should be the same last name as her maiden name...........Matlin.........should be on there. IT IS NOT.

I am so hoping that she did not post some ficticious story to get some sympathy. The men and women that fought in Vietnam never got the recognition they deserved when they returned. I would be very, very upset if she was telling tall tales again.

Last edited by on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Remember last week when CCC mentioned that her brother was killed in Vietnam and the flag that was dragged over his cofin was flown from the 12 foot poll her dad made?

Jim just went to The Vietnam War Memorial site that lists all the names of those killed in action, it lists their names, rank, date of birth, date of death and home town.........if her brother did indeed die in Vietnam, then his name, which should be the same last name as her maiden name...........Matlin.........should be on there. IT IS NOT.

I am so hoping that she did not post some ficticious story to get some sympathy. The men and women that fought in Vietnam never got the recognition they deserved when they returned. I would be very, very upset if she was telling tall tales again.

Well. I hate to tell you this but, that's the first thing I thought of. She's not known for her honesty now is she? And, you and I both know that she does post the same stuff just to get people to respond to her.

nuff said.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:

Jim just went to The Vietnam War Memorial site that lists all the names of those killed in action, it lists their names, rank, date of birth, date of death and home town.........if her brother did indeed die in Vietnam in 1970, then his name, which should be the same last name as her maiden name...........Matlin.........should be on there. IT IS NOT.

Well. I hate to tell you this but, that's the first thing I thought of. She's not known for her honesty now is she? And, you and I both know that she does post the same stuff just to get people to respond to her.

nuff said.

d
Thanks Diane.............some days my brain reacts quicker than others. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next