Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Linda in KY
grizzlybear
critterchick
cruiseforme
JJ2sail
frudutx
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:10 pm

We could order her a tshirt and have it given to her as the cc member with the most bannished posts?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sheila.......we've got our Trivia Championship team all set for the afternoon sessions. It will be Jim and me, June and Jean, you and Larry. I figured after reading all his wonderful informative posts.................he was the 6th man for our team.....might give Ephraim some competition.

And since it's held in the Schooner Bar...........he was easily convinced.

Hi Patti, I'm busy playing ketchup on 6 pages but thought I'd jump in and reply. That sounds like a great team I hope I can keep up. Do you play in the am too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:16 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Patti I see that your trivia team is all set so Smile anyone else here need Nancy and I on a trivia team? I don't want to get stuck with CCC (don't know if she plays it) and I am not much good at the game Sad but I do enjoy playing.

Ginny She doesn't play. She couldn't play:fc: TimeToFeedTheCat
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:29 pm

notsoawesome wrote:
Hey y'all! There's a lot of chat and I won't get caught up, but Patti, thanks for posting the copy of the thread that got pulled. Too funny. I still think the "who left the door to the idiot lounge open" post on the hurricane thread was the best though. I must remember that one for conversation;)

I see she is back on the 'looking after the coffee and being concierge' routine. Shouldn't be too long before she starts up about all the wonderful work she did getting the DIAMOND/+ their pins. Patti, I think it would be a good idea you forewarn them if they don't already know that she's going to be onboard. A little story that some of you may be familiar with. It's just another example of the nasty undercurrent she has that makes me think she deserves everything she gets:

For some inexplicable reason she posted that she took a black light with her on her cruises. For those of you unfamiliar with a black light it is a hand held lamp like those disco fluorescent tubes that make the whites of your clothes really white. They use them in the hotel inspection industry for example, to show up nasty things that are invisible to the naked eye like semen or urine. She posted that she would take this light with her and then look for things in the cabin. If she found anything she would then blag an upgrade for the inconvenience. Blatantly posted this on the boards. People were not very happy. She was due to go on a cruise on Summit so I emailed Celebrity and told them to watch out for her. I knew which cabin she was in because her "home away from home" was always CC AFT 9201 with the 200 sq foot balcony. On and on about that cabin she went. I didn't ask for a response back from X to my email and didn't get one, but I heard from a crew member that they knew all about her before she got on the ship and confiscated her black light when she was boarding. Too funny, huh? Busted! I am sure I wasn't the only one to let Celebrity know about her post. She then came back with all sorts of stories about how bad this cruise was and kept posting about photographers on the ship being in her way, crap on her balcony etc etc. You name it, it had happened to her. She got no sympathy. You ought to read this thread after she posted on returning home. It's a good one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263784

So, here's a further endorsement of just how this woman operates. I am sure that RCL will know of her, but Patti, I think you have the right idea letting them know she's on her way. I'll tell you about another stunt she pulled another day, but I am surprised she's not blacklisted on RCCI's records.

Well, aside from all of that, you must be getting excited. Not too long to go now. Anyone know if I can see any volcanoes here?Laughing

Hey Mr Phil of Harpenden, Loved your reply in that old Celebrity thread especially the line borrowed from Eric Morcambe. I loved Morcambe and Wise and saw them in Blackpool as well as TV. Did you get any flack from CC for that post?
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:39 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Yes just got e-mail from Bob and wish I could take advantage of the great prices. Jen are you booked for the 30th of November 07?

No! I wish I could! But Alaska will use up all my vacation time for this year! Next year I will have 25 years, and hopefully get an extra week of vaca!
Yea!Party
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:41 pm

PH8 wrote:
notsoawesome wrote:
Hey y'all! There's a lot of chat and I won't get caught up, but Patti, thanks for posting the copy of the thread that got pulled. Too funny. I still think the "who left the door to the idiot lounge open" post on the hurricane thread was the best though. I must remember that one for conversation;)

I see she is back on the 'looking after the coffee and being concierge' routine. Shouldn't be too long before she starts up about all the wonderful work she did getting the DIAMOND/+ their pins. Patti, I think it would be a good idea you forewarn them if they don't already know that she's going to be onboard. A little story that some of you may be familiar with. It's just another example of the nasty undercurrent she has that makes me think she deserves everything she gets:

For some inexplicable reason she posted that she took a black light with her on her cruises. For those of you unfamiliar with a black light it is a hand held lamp like those disco fluorescent tubes that make the whites of your clothes really white. They use them in the hotel inspection industry for example, to show up nasty things that are invisible to the naked eye like semen or urine. She posted that she would take this light with her and then look for things in the cabin. If she found anything she would then blag an upgrade for the inconvenience. Blatantly posted this on the boards. People were not very happy. She was due to go on a cruise on Summit so I emailed Celebrity and told them to watch out for her. I knew which cabin she was in because her "home away from home" was always CC AFT 9201 with the 200 sq foot balcony. On and on about that cabin she went. I didn't ask for a response back from X to my email and didn't get one, but I heard from a crew member that they knew all about her before she got on the ship and confiscated her black light when she was boarding. Too funny, huh? Busted! I am sure I wasn't the only one to let Celebrity know about her post. She then came back with all sorts of stories about how bad this cruise was and kept posting about photographers on the ship being in her way, crap on her balcony etc etc. You name it, it had happened to her. She got no sympathy. You ought to read this thread after she posted on returning home. It's a good one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263784

So, here's a further endorsement of just how this woman operates. I am sure that RCL will know of her, but Patti, I think you have the right idea letting them know she's on her way. I'll tell you about another stunt she pulled another day, but I am surprised she's not blacklisted on RCCI's records.

Well, aside from all of that, you must be getting excited. Not too long to go now. Anyone know if I can see any volcanoes here?Laughing
Interesting thread......reminds me of when she told us the captain abandoned ship somewhere in the Med, I think..........I know Patti will help me out there........

Kathy, I can address that. When we went on the Brilliance TA we had to get out of Phila ahead of a Noreaster which really messed up flights including that of Capt Sundet. He never made it to Miami so Capt. Lindegren sp. had to take the ship 5 days to the Azores where Capt. Sundet took over. She posted that Capt. Linegren jumped ship in the Azores and they had to bring someone in. I replied to that post most vociferously and corrected her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:47 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
first to complain there's too many diamonds, and she'll be the first to complain when they restructure the program (due to things she does).....

We have had the "guard" at the door of HO take away our drinks as we headed to dinner......and we have had them let us go with it.....just depends on whether you're carrying out several or not maybe, who knows!

We've had Angela on Brilliance (awesome girl)...give us ginger ale and bitters for my tummy wayyyy after the lounge turned into the cigar bar...cuz she knew we were always in the ho for pre dinner drinks...

reminds me.....I need to pack my bitters.....now where are they.....bbk!

Angela is one great gal.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:53 pm

Yes Sheila she is.......i would LOVE to sail on a ship she's on again......
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
Sheila.......we've got our Trivia Championship team all set for the afternoon sessions. It will be Jim and me, June and Jean, you and Larry. I figured after reading all his wonderful informative posts.................he was the 6th man for our team.....might give Ephraim some competition.

Hi Patti, I'm busy playing ketchup on 6 pages but thought I'd jump in and reply. That sounds like a great team I hope I can keep up. Do you play in the am too?
We play in the am as long as we do not have an excursion planned and it is just a walk off the ship doing our own thing kinda day. It's the afternoon that is the exciting one. Wish they would change it to 3:30 instead of 2:30.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:00 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Are you still on those heavy MEDS??????Laughing Laughing Or did I miss something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Phew!!! I finally caught up. I'm just going to have to give up my PT job so I can keep up with this thread. It certainly was very entertaining reading though. Jul I enjoyed Angela soooo much on Brilliance. Her waiter was Marcus and he was super too. I guess CCC was talking about Brilliance when she went on about the coffee machine. Katherine the concierge showed many of us how to empty the grounds and re-load the machine JUST IN CASE IT NEEDED IT WHEN SHE WASN'T ON DUTY. We all understood that if she or anyone else was around that they would take care of it.

I havn't been over there but am I to understand that I might not get in to the CL for my morning Capucino? That will upset me FlamingMad I thought we all could access during the day and be separated in the evening? Say it isn't so Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:06 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

We play in the am as long as we do not have an excursion planned and it is just a walk off the ship doing our own thing kinda day. It's the afternoon that is the exciting one. Wish they would change it to 3:30 instead of 2:30.

I can't promise I'll be back on the ship by then on port days. ImSorry
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 pm

Quote :

Back to packing.......now it's unpacking, I think I've overpicked the
clothes.........hard when 1/2 the trip is 60degrees and 1/2 of it is
75plus...mmmmmmm.......gotta rethink this......I hate being overdressed
when it's hot, but then don't like being cold either.......what to do
what to do!!
jul (sorry I stole this from the roll call since I can't ask the question there).......where is it going to be 75plus degrees on this cruise? I think you will find that it is going to be 55-65 (maybe 70 when we reach LA) the entire 14 days.

That's how it was back in 2004. Are you telling me that I have to go and rethink everything that I have organized in the spare bedroom? NOT!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 pm

Patti.........was referring to Angela (a bartender in extended cl)...NOT ccc!!

Sheila......Were u on Serenade in Jan??...on that member cruise the main cl was ONLY for suite guests.....d and dplus only got to use the HO at night...(they did set up a bkfast thing in portofinos tho)...not the same.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:08 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Sheila......Were u on Serenade in Jan??...on that member cruise the main cl was ONLY for suite guests.....d and dplus only got to use the HO at night...(they did set up a bkfast thing in portofinos tho)...not the same.
OK.....just checking. Check my post before this one..........I have a question for you.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:09 pm

Patti........I looked up the averages for Astoria, Seattle, San Fr and LA and they were all showing 70 and up .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:09 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:
Are you still on those heavy MEDS??????Laughing Laughing Or did I miss something.

We were talking about Angela who is the very best bar tender I have encountered on RCI. She is in the HO on Brilliance and she is brilliant. Happy sunny smiling and super efficient.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:14 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Patti........I looked up the averages for Astoria, Seattle, San Fr and LA and they were all showing 70 and up .....
But take that average and subtract 10 degrees, because of the ocean breezes and mist that occurs.

Where's Jean #2 when I need her.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:15 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Jul I've never been on a Member's Cruise. Will we not be given key cards to the CL? I'm going to cry HolySheep I love my capucino and bagel and conversation in the am. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:16 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

Jul I've never been on a Member's Cruise. Will we not be given key cards to the CL? I'm going to cry HolySheep I love my capucino and bagel and conversation in the am. Sad Sad
That's a good question and I shall try to find out the answer for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 pm

I have to take "Basic Life Support for the Professional" in the AM and I just got the book and DVD today so you might not see me posting tonight if it's different from the last time I took it. Have to watch the DVD and see if I can bluff my way through or if I have to study tonight.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Patti, thought LA was on there... I guess I left it off...sorry...

WOW I am supprised that post about the summit did not get pulled...evidently Host Andy enjoyed her thrashing.

I think she should remember us all....so for future floats she will avoid us all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:21 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Dramaqueen wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

That's a good question and I shall try to find out the answer for you.

Oh!! Patti, Please come abck with the answer I want to hear. HolySheep
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 7:41 pm

Sheila........NO, we did not get the key to the cl..only a few that really pitched a fit got it..otherwise the cl was ONLY for "suite" patrons.....

We decided we'd try another member cruise, but if you want to be pampered like a d or d+ you may be better being a big fish on a regular sailing than just another fish on a member cruise.......(dh's thought!)

It wasn't bad........just slightly disappointing that we had finally earned it and couldn't have it......soooo NO expectations for this one.....

Although....Patti and Mar can prolly make sure all the spb's get cl keys...RIGHT PATTI????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next