Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 pm

Thank you Jean and all of you ladies for girding me up. I really am not good at this sort of thing. More likely to stay in the corner and watch the traffic going by. Smile

No plans for the weekend but Winston is back to normal DoggieBreak chasing flies in the backyard and patroling the area.

I have one formal outfit that fits a long shirt with beaded blouse and jacket. Was wishing that I could find one or two more blouses to wear with skirt but so far nothing. Have to return a couple of shirts I bought from the Penney's catalog so will long around while I am in the store.

I do have a favorite Mexican Rest. in Fullerton, a little less then 2 hour drive. Thinking about going there tomorrow but then again I maybe lazy and do nothing.

We are having a flex alert and asked to watch how much engery we use. It has been hot here and muggy at times.

Suppose I should start packing and get my act together. this weekend. Smile

Everyone have a safe and sane weekend, enjoy and post often Laughing
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:26 pm

OK, I'm leaving now, I really am! Keep fighting the good fight! I'll be back on Monday, recovered by Tuesday, LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:35 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Found this on the main boards under cruise heaven/cruise hell.
Quote :

A Heaven of a Week on a TA, followed by hell We did Brilliance TA (MIA_BCN) on 4/16 and after a great week at sea, which my husband bought for my BD present. He also bought the $30 BD Surprise which the wrap the door as the BD card telling all it is your BD. They decorate the inside of the stateroom by 10AM on your BD. He was sold an excursion for $78 which we will ride across the 4/25 bridge is Lisbon, Portugal so all get on the sold our bus & we ride down a street next to the ship & up another 2 blocks away over & over. Then the guide tells us IT IS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY EVERYTHING IS CLOSED.

So everyone on the bus is yelling why the excursion was booked, are they ripping us off. So we are taken back to the ship in under a hour & we get off, go to Explorations desk which is closed other than an hour in the morning, so the Purser has complaint forms for 150 folks to fill out & when we did we will hear from Explorations regarding the credit. Never did, got no credit.

And my BD Suprise went to someone else & husband is told he gets no credit since it was delivered. So I got to the Purser in tears that RCCL has totally spoiled my BD, very unprofessional. I then learn they do not have a Purser since he got offr in Miami with half the crew & performers. So everyone onboard is new & unknowledgeable. SO I should call Miami when we get home.

RCCL refuses any credit, so I had VISA charge them back $108.00 . VISA
agreed with me on what happened, and RCCL gave us the credit thru VISA.
More drivel on the same old subject. Can't she get over it???

Quote :

Chops restaurant takes care of the food offered in the CL, so I phone
down there to tell them to get a quart of milk for the machine. They
appreciated it & even gave us a bottle of champagne on my BD.
On other posts she reported that Portofino's supplied the food............have no idea what food she is talking about. Though on the Baltic's Jewel Member's cruise....they did have little finger sandwiches in the CL at lunch time. She thinks that every ship will have this in the CL now.

Patti I have challenged her on the Lisbon excursion many times the last time was just last night. How many more times is she going to bring it up. We had a wonderful excursion and saw everything and it was all open.

Oh!!! BTW Good Afternoon, just finished work and lunch and getting caught up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:38 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Back from dr........tests were OK:**: ..
He explained more of what they did and now I understand a TON more.....still no driving for another week..ARRGGHHHH and very minimal work....another dr appt in two weeks just before the cruise....

Got a letter for alcatraz.....he frowned drastically when I asked about the stairs.....

Gotta get rested up (an hour out wore me down! but the stang ride felt good!)

dd arriving shortly.........YEA a companion...

Ginny....ur comments were RIGHT ON....

and yes, we'll play nice in the sandbox.......even if she pisses me off......

Jul VERY HAPPY about your results. Now all you have to do is get strong and behave for 2 weeks and you'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm

For your reading enjoyment...........Jim found this on Google....I suggest you have a cup of coffee or something stronger when you read this.....it's rather lengthy. Please note the comment at the end.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Constellation25.htm
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:40 pm

critterchick wrote:
OK, I'm leaving now, I really am! Keep fighting the good fight! I'll be back on Monday, recovered by Tuesday, LOL!
Have a great time............remember you have another dress that you MUST fit into on September 13..........so no over doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 pm

critterchick wrote:
Thanks, I'm planning on it! I think I may pack tomorrow!

I got a really pretty dress from Nordstrom that's about 1/4 size too small (ordered online, on sale). I'm hoping that I can shrink to fit by the cruise - I'll have to wear it early in the cruise, too, LOL! I like the kicky hemline - it'll be fun when we're dancing. I'm going to be swimming 5 miles a week for the next 2 weeks, maybe even watch what I eat!

[url=javascript:popMain('http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2900118?tuid=000006cb-006f-0861-6c61-726765727669&id=6863926&largeImg=0');]Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 _5326039[/url]

Jean, Awesome dress wish I could wear something like that. I am totally the wrong shape. By all means bring it and enjoy it.

Patti did you expect me to say anything else? lol!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Thank you Jean and all of you ladies for girding me up. I really am not good at this sort of thing. More likely to stay in the corner and watch the traffic going by. Smile

No plans for the weekend but Winston is back to normal DoggieBreak chasing flies in the backyard and patroling the area.

I have one formal outfit that fits a long shirt with beaded blouse and jacket. Was wishing that I could find one or two more blouses to wear with skirt but so far nothing. Have to return a couple of shirts I bought from the Penney's catalog so will long around while I am in the store.

I do have a favorite Mexican Rest. in Fullerton, a little less then 2 hour drive. Thinking about going there tomorrow but then again I maybe lazy and do nothing.

We are having a flex alert and asked to watch how much engery we use. It has been hot here and muggy at times.

Suppose I should start packing and get my act together. this weekend. Smile

Everyone have a safe and sane weekend, enjoy and post often Laughing
So glad to hear that Winston is back to normal. Must be all that TLC that you gave him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:48 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
May I say my hair is standing on end! Mad

Just open discussion on things that have been mentioned on thread and reported in the news.

It is important to have open discussion and that does include expressing my thoughts and that does not have to agree with others on this thread. My post is not intended to flame or take swipes. Being friendly does not mean only one or two people can make statements and we all have to fall in line or keep silent.

If misinformation or comments that misleading or not corrected others will go away thinking that its true. If the person is not an experienced cruiser how is that helpful. The boards are for fellowship, information and perhaps it would be prudent to reread before posting and checking accuracy of statements. If that was done maybe what is considered swiping or flaming would be understood to be what it is: trying to correct and give accurate information.

Because this is not in person and facial expression or body language is not seen what is written can come across as harsh or swiping. The intent is neither but as written above to inform and explain from a different point of view. Smile

I am duly impressed. You go girl, couldn't have said it better myself. Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

BTW DH was Air Force that's how he got me. roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:54 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Ephraim and his partner Ives were on the Brilliance TA cruise with CCC and Sheila. When the original roll call starter abandoned ship, he sort of took over and then, of course, so did CCC.

He is a very opiniated person....ask Sheila. He is very touchy, but proud when it comes to his being in an alternative relationship.........that's what I got as I lurked on their roll call.

His comment "that's why everybody wants me on their trivia team"........just about says it all.

Yes Jill.........he is one HUGE PITA on the boards...........haven't never met him face to face.............I will draw my conclusions when that time presents itself.

All that and a bag of chips!!!! Ives is a sweetheart and very polite obviously the quieter softer partner. Ephraim is okay one on one but in a crowd he will always try to impress.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 3:59 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
For your reading enjoyment...........Jim found this on Google....I suggest you have a cup of coffee or something stronger when you read this.....it's rather lengthy. Please note the comment at the end.

[url=http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Constellation25.htm
http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Constellation25.htm[/quote[/url]]]

The she ever proof read anything she writes?

OMG I want to throw up No .

d

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:00 pm

frudutx wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
Anyone have fun plans for the long weekend??? We have a party at the condo on Monday, but aside from that nothing special planned...

John & I are both on call for the next week so we're not going to do much of anything except maybe visit the outlet mall. John says he need socks. He does his own packing Laughing .

I received one of my sweater sets from Jessica London, dark red it's very nice and will probably make the trip to Vancouver. I'm expecting two more packages in the mail. I have an appointment to have my hair trimmed next Friday. Other than packing and a trip to the bank I think I'm ready to go. Oh and the dogs go to the kennel.

The office is very quiet today as quite a few people decided to take the day off and the few that are left have already started the Friday afternoon exodus.

We did invite the kids over for a cookout and a swim on Sunday but Bob and Dawn are already having company and Tricia started back to college on Monday and I haven't heard from her this week.

It'll be just like any other weekend at our house only with an extra day to sleep in bounce .

d

Diane May I ask are you on call in a medical sense? Just curious Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 pm

Quote :
Sheila: On the front page of one of the sections of our newspaper in bold print is [size=18]Drama queenThought of you immediately! (It’s about someone who left our area and has found fame and fortune on All My Children. She plays Kendall Hart.) But anyway, as I said - my first thought was of you.

My reputation precedes me I see. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:02 pm

MY TwoCents :

I think Ephraim is a pompous donkey myself! I thought I had his number at the get go when he kept trying to acknowledge CCC and bring her opinions into the thread, but when he insulted that nice new lady, Lisa I think is her name about buying a cake a Costco or wherever when she is a beautiful baker I knew he was a donkey!!! OK, off OnMySoapBox

Whew, OK, hi everybody!

Done with work and ready for the long weekend. Jean, I think you've left, but BON Voyagee to you and DH!

Tomorrow is Ray's 50th. We aren't doing anything special because he told me not to, but all week long he keeps probing me for what the surprise is going to be!!! Man is he going to be disappointed since I REALLY don't have anything planned!

Ginny: ImNotWorthy ImNotWorthyImNotWorthyImNotWorthy That's all I have to say about that!

Everyone stay healthy! Keep the good news coming!

I'm heading out to catch a few afternoon rays... BBL!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi, just checking it at lunch time.

Ginny, you are fine with your posts, more power to you! I am the coward! I just don't want to make enemies, since my cabin is so close! I truly think she has a problem and doesn't have a clue when she is offending anyone.

Oh well, what to do??
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:04 pm

OMG.....like I have nothing better to do today. I'm sitting here at the computer and decided to Google theawesome1. There are zillions of sites with her reviews and opinions on them. Great reading material for a rainy day.

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
https://cruisefreekforums.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=372
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board :: Cruise Line Specific Boards :: Royal Caribbean :: Royal Caribbean All Aboard! (Roll Call) :: 2007-
Jump to: