Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Linda in KY
grizzlybear
critterchick
cruiseforme
JJ2sail
frudutx
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 pm

jillybabes wrote:
vlscruiser wrote:
Was thinking BadIdea the last time on was on the Radiance Oct 2001 there was a cc group of 33-35 of us. We had our photo taken on the bridge over the pool. If I am not being to forward it would be nice to have a picture taken with the SPBAPCCG Club. What do you'll think? Smile

Great Idea, when we were on the Liberty pre-inaugural we had our picture taken on the stairs in the dining room...I have it on my computer desk and look at it daily... Name the time and place and I am there flower

I agree, that's a great idea.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Patti I see that your trivia team is all set so Smile anyone else here need Nancy and I on a trivia team? I don't want to get stuck with CCC (don't know if she plays it) and I am not much good at the game Sad but I do enjoy playing.
Ginny, I know that there are lots of folks looking for trivia players on the roll call. Just mention it.

And you don't have to worry about CCC being a member of your team...........she definitely doesn't have anything to offer tp any team............maybe just decoration with her long blond hair, D pin (that has been recently polished by a crew member), her pink boa wrapped around her neck, and a FREE whatever to gulp down in her hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Hey y'all! There's a lot of chat and I won't get caught up, but Patti, thanks for posting the copy of the thread that got pulled. Too funny. I still think the "who left the door to the idiot lounge open" post on the hurricane thread was the best though. I must remember that one for conversation;)

I see she is back on the 'looking after the coffee and being concierge' routine. Shouldn't be too long before she starts up about all the wonderful work she did getting the DIAMOND/+ their pins. Patti, I think it would be a good idea you forewarn them if they don't already know that she's going to be onboard. A little story that some of you may be familiar with. It's just another example of the nasty undercurrent she has that makes me think she deserves everything she gets:

For some inexplicable reason she posted that she took a black light with her on her cruises. For those of you unfamiliar with a black light it is a hand held lamp like those disco fluorescent tubes that make the whites of your clothes really white. They use them in the hotel inspection industry for example, to show up nasty things that are invisible to the naked eye like semen or urine. She posted that she would take this light with her and then look for things in the cabin. If she found anything she would then blag an upgrade for the inconvenience. Blatantly posted this on the boards. People were not very happy. She was due to go on a cruise on Summit so I emailed Celebrity and told them to watch out for her. I knew which cabin she was in because her "home away from home" was always CC AFT 9201 with the 200 sq foot balcony. On and on about that cabin she went. I didn't ask for a response back from X to my email and didn't get one, but I heard from a crew member that they knew all about her before she got on the ship and confiscated her black light when she was boarding. Too funny, huh? Busted! I am sure I wasn't the only one to let Celebrity know about her post. She then came back with all sorts of stories about how bad this cruise was and kept posting about photographers on the ship being in her way, crap on her balcony etc etc. You name it, it had happened to her. She got no sympathy. You ought to read this thread after she posted on returning home. It's a good one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263784

So, here's a further endorsement of just how this woman operates. I am sure that RCL will know of her, but Patti, I think you have the right idea letting them know she's on her way. I'll tell you about another stunt she pulled another day, but I am surprised she's not blacklisted on RCCI's records.

Well, aside from all of that, you must be getting excited. Not too long to go now. Anyone know if I can see any volcanoes here?Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:37 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Was thinking BadIdea the last time on was on the Radiance Oct 2001 there was a cc group of 33-35 of us. We had our photo taken on the bridge over the pool. If I am not being to forward it would be nice to have a picture taken with the SPBAPCCG Club. What do you'll think? Smile
Oh, that would be wonderful. If they are going to take a picture of all of us at the M&M, and that can be arranged as we have done it on past cruises, we could just hold on to the photographer and have a separate picture taken.

Or how about a special "Polar Bear Pajama Party" picture. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:43 pm

notsoawesome wrote:
Hey y'all! There's a lot of chat and I won't get caught up, but Patti, thanks for posting the copy of the thread that got pulled. Too funny. I still think the "who left the door to the idiot lounge open" post on the hurricane thread was the best though. I must remember that one for conversation;)

I see she is back on the 'looking after the coffee and being concierge' routine. Shouldn't be too long before she starts up about all the wonderful work she did getting the DIAMOND/+ their pins. Patti, I think it would be a good idea you forewarn them if they don't already know that she's going to be onboard. A little story that some of you may be familiar with. It's just another example of the nasty undercurrent she has that makes me think she deserves everything she gets:

For some inexplicable reason she posted that she took a black light with her on her cruises. For those of you unfamiliar with a black light it is a hand held lamp like those disco fluorescent tubes that make the whites of your clothes really white. They use them in the hotel inspection industry for example, to show up nasty things that are invisible to the naked eye like semen or urine. She posted that she would take this light with her and then look for things in the cabin. If she found anything she would then blag an upgrade for the inconvenience. Blatantly posted this on the boards. People were not very happy. She was due to go on a cruise on Summit so I emailed Celebrity and told them to watch out for her. I knew which cabin she was in because her "home away from home" was always CC AFT 9201 with the 200 sq foot balcony. On and on about that cabin she went. I didn't ask for a response back from X to my email and didn't get one, but I heard from a crew member that they knew all about her before she got on the ship and confiscated her black light when she was boarding. Too funny, huh? Busted! I am sure I wasn't the only one to let Celebrity know about her post. She then came back with all sorts of stories about how bad this cruise was and kept posting about photographers on the ship being in her way, crap on her balcony etc etc. You name it, it had happened to her. She got no sympathy. You ought to read this thread after she posted on returning home. It's a good one:

So, here's a further endorsement of just how this woman operates. I am sure that RCL will know of her, but Patti, I think you have the right idea letting them know she's on her way. I'll tell you about another stunt she pulled another day, but I am surprised she's not blacklisted on RCCI's records.

Well, aside from all of that, you must be getting excited. Not too long to go now. Anyone know if I can see any volcanoes here?Laughing
Thanks Phil for bring that up...........I heard about that thead after the fact and then went and read it. Surpirsed it is still there, because the folks on the Celebrity roll call did not like her. I knew the black light had been confiscated. That was also the cruise where they had them wait 2+ hours at the airport before busing them to the port.

She also had three toes broken by the gangway and now one foot is smaller than the other (go figure that one out). Amazingly, she was the only one injured from this gangway..............I thought she was just being clumsy.

I will email Reyno today and just let them know that she is coming and to expect anything.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Great idea Ginny!

Jul- Sounds like you are feeling better also!

I for one not only do not plan on making coffee or changing grounds, but will have a standing order with Room Service!
lol!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:53 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
notsoawesome wrote:

Thanks Phil for bring that up...........I heard about that thead after the fact and then went and read it. Surpirsed it is still there, because the folks on the Celebrity roll call did not like her. I knew the black light had been confiscated. That was also the cruise where they had them wait 2+ hours at the airport before busing them to the port.

She also had three toes broken by the gangway and now one foot is smaller than the other (go figure that one out). Amazingly, she was the only one injured from this gangway..............I thought she was just being clumsy.

I will email Reyno today and just let them know that she is coming and to expect anything.

I really hope she doesn't jinx this cruise! I'm afraid! Very afraid!No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:09 pm

notsoawesome wrote:

Interesting thread......reminds me of when she told us the captain abandoned ship somewhere in the Med, I think..........I know Patti will help me out there........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:11 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
PH8 wrote:
Morning all............

hahah.been reading both your roll calls and I swear one can not make up this stuff Shocked .........Caretaker??? hahahahaha....she is something else.............she must be on drugs....it is all very entertaining.

HIYA Marianne!! Glad they dragged you over.sunny ......
Morning Kathy. She'll be surprised when she gets on Radiance.

There is a couple that we always seem to sail with when on Radiance. They are older, retired and the husband is in a wheel chair. They are the sweetest couple and most entertaining to talk to especially when they start in with their cruising experiences. They love Radiance and last year, spent 12 weeks on the ship when we did our b2b in September/October. They have to be getting a deal.............or they are quite wealthy. They probably cruise 9 months out of the year.

Well, Peggy and her husband spend a lot of time in the CL because of the view and privacy..............and Peggy is the one that takes care of the coffee machine when Willie is not there. This will prove very interesting if CCC, the Caretaker, wants to take over the job from Peggy. Hope I'm there when that happens.
hehe......that will be very interesting to see the battle of the caretaker.........

I recall CCC bragging how she brought "friends" in for free coffee in the morning when no one was around........
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:26 pm

She really does think she's special doesn't she?

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Patti: Will Willie be on vacation when we board the ship?
I thought you said he would be on board...
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:51 pm

K........here I go again.......GET ME OFF THESE MEDS....

I was telling dh some of her crap and he replied with "gawd, sounds like peyton place!!!"...he doesn't know, does he!!!!

I responded to her stock thread........IF u buy at 45 sell at 37 cruise 2x with 250@ obc, you still lost 300.....pure and simple.....I hate that she's luring people to buy the stock making them thiink they are going to get 600 of obc if they do.(the way she describes all her obc's)...MAAAN< she is crazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy

It will be a good thing when I can get off this computer and back to work..then I'll have no time to respond to her..

she'll triangle me and get it poofed....any bets??
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:57 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

I was telling dh some of her crap and he replied with "gawd, sounds like peyton place!!!"...he doesn't know, does he!!!!

I responded to her stock thread........IF u buy at 45 sell at 37 cruise 2x with 250@ obc, you still lost 300.....pure and simple.....I hate that she's luring people to buy the stock making them thiink they are going to get 600 of obc if they do.(the way she describes all her obc's)...MAAAN< she is crazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy

It will be a good thing when I can get off this computer and back to work..then I'll have no time to respond to her..

I've stopped trying to explain things to John because halfway through the explaination he gets this glazed look in his eyes and well I just hate to waste my time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:03 pm

PH8 wrote:
notsoawesome wrote:

Interesting thread......reminds me of when she told us the captain abandoned ship somewhere in the Med, I think..........I know Patti will help me out there........
Sheila could probably explain it more since she was on the cruis with her.................but because of the bad weather that had hit the Northeast the weekend before her cruised sailed, some of the crew, RCI singers & dancers and the Captain, could not make flight connections. So in order to please the pax, the current crew including the Captain stayed on until they hit their first port in the Azores and then the new Captain could board long with the crew. The ship must go forward.................but she didn't look it that way.............she reported back on these boards that the Captain jumped ship on them in the Azores, the entertainment was lousy.........BlahBlahBlah .
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:07 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Willie told us in April that he would be on the Member's Cruise in September. Reyno is filling in for him now. I am assuming that Willie will be back on September 14 and from my numerous emails to Reyno, that's the indication that I got.

Reyno actually was a head waiter and then was promoted to 3rd Purser Guest Relations when we sailed last April. He has now been promoted to Concierge and will be pipelined (as he put it) to another ship eventually.

It is possible that with the Member's Cruise, we might have two Concierge. In any event, Reyno is a class guy, very easy on the eyes and has the cutest smile.

Sometimes even though they have a specific date for vacation...........that can change.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruiseforme wrote:

I've stopped trying to explain things to John because halfway through the explaination he gets this glazed look in his eyes and well I just hate to waste my time. Laughing
Jim loves to read all her TRASH..........and even though he is a very intelligent individual...........he has yet to figure out some of her responses.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:14 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Hmmmmm........I don't see it..........did you post it today?
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm

I believe John and David may be twins!!

Also the bk light thing cracks me up....I got a sample box a couple weeks ago that had some black light pens and I laughed and said i'll take these on trips to see how clean the beds are......my dd's response was..."do u really wanna know"....

Guess I should have ordered them and promoted them properly!!!
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Consierge on Radiance   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi All,
Have just been reading this thread instead of posting.
But saw a question where I could be of a help...so wrote to Lisa and here is what she said...

She wasn't sure if we'd be able to get into the CL for AM coffee, but is emailing the ship to check it out and will get back to me. I wouldn't mind having an AM cappucino myself!

As to drinks out of the CL...here is what she wrote....
The ship frowns upon taking drinks out of the Concierge Lounge or Hollywood Odyssey as in the past we have had some members even take an entire bottle out of the lounge (not to say you would do this). I am afraid you will have to finish your drink prior to heading to dinner.

[color=black][color[color:16d2=black:16d2]=black]She also said that there will be 457 [color:16d2=black:16d2]D/D+ on this cruise.

Hope this helps.................
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 MotherLoveMar~
Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 MotherLove
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Ginny..........read about Winston and sorry to hear that you had to cancel you playdate in Vegas. Sad But look at all the money you saved by not going......you'll have more to play TRASH with. Smile

You might want to feed him rice and when he can eat food.........boiled ground meet mixed with rice later.

Remember the B.R.A.T. diet for kids.............bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Still use that diet when we get sick.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:20 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Sheila could probably explain it more since she was on the cruis with her.................but because of the bad weather that had hit the Northeast the weekend before her cruised sailed, some of the crew, RCI singers & dancers and the Captain, could not make flight connections. So in order to please the pax, the current crew including the Captain stayed on until they hit their first port in the Azores and then the new Captain could board long with the crew. The ship must go forward.................but she didn't look it that way.............she reported back on these boards that the Captain jumped ship on them in the Azores, the entertainment was lousy.........BlahBlahBlah .

And they allowed this post to stay on the site? Amazing, I'm beginning to think that they let her post for the conversation factor. She stirs up trouble. The site gets hits and therefore they get revenue? maybe????
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Exairgoddessl wrote:
Hi All,
Have just been reading this thread instead of posting.
But saw a question where I could be of a help...so wrote to Lisa and here is what she said...

She wasn't sure if we'd be able to get into the CL for AM coffee, but is emailing the ship to check it out and will get back to me. I wouldn't mind having an AM cappucino myself!

As to drinks out of the CL...here is what she wrote....
The ship frowns upon taking drinks out of the Concierge Lounge or Hollywood Odyssey as in the past we have had some members even take an entire bottle out of the lounge (not to say you would do this). I am afraid you will have to finish your drink prior to heading to dinner.

[color=black][color[color:5293=black:5293]=black]She also said that there will be 457 [color:5293=black:5293]D/D+ on this cruise.

Hope this helps.................
Mar~
Thanks Mar..........wish you would have dropped her name to Lisa. She is going to be really unhappy if she can't get her FREE cappucino for herself and her friends.

Did anyone notice that Ephraim admitted that he was in the CL and fixed the coffee machine three times and was not even a member of C&A yet. Does he realize that the CL is only for suite guests and D/D+ pax.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:31 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:
Willie told us in April that he would be on the Member's Cruise in September. Reyno is filling in for him now. I am assuming that Willie will be back on September 14 and from my numerous emails to Reyno, that's the indication that I got.

Reyno actually was a head waiter and then was promoted to 3rd Purser Guest Relations when we sailed last April. He has now been promoted to Concierge and will be pipelined (as he put it) to another ship eventually.

It is possible that with the Member's Cruise, we might have two Concierge. In any event, Reyno is a class guy, very easy on the eyes and has the cutest smile.

Sometimes even though they have a specific date for vacation...........that can change.

So maybe there will be two of them to keep an eye cyclops on her. I just read Ephraim's post where he said he was in the CL, must have been because of her. She's the reason people lose privileges.

Unbelievable.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:33 pm

frudutx wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

So maybe there will be two of them to keep an eye cyclops on her. I just read Ephraim's post where he said he was in the CL, must have been because of her. She's the reason people lose privileges.

Unbelievable.

d
Just be thankful that I am not able to post on the roll call...........I would have gotten him good on that one.

On their Brilliance TA roll call, she invited one of the gals to meet her at 7:00AM outside the CL and then she would take her in for FREE coffee.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 3:36 pm

first to complain there's too many diamonds, and she'll be the first to complain when they restructure the program (due to things she does).....

We have had the "guard" at the door of HO take away our drinks as we headed to dinner......and we have had them let us go with it.....just depends on whether you're carrying out several or not maybe, who knows!

We've had Angela on Brilliance (awesome girl)...give us ginger ale and bitters for my tummy wayyyy after the lounge turned into the cigar bar...cuz she knew we were always in the ho for pre dinner drinks...

reminds me.....I need to pack my bitters.....now where are they.....bbk!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next