Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Linda in KY
grizzlybear
critterchick
cruiseforme
JJ2sail
frudutx
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
And speaking of CL keys, when do they give them out? At check in, when we get our seapass card? Do they give each person in the cabin one or just one per cabin?

The keys should be in your cabin when you get there and there should be one for each adult occupant.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Jen........the cl key are usually in your cabin when u arrive...you get ONE...

The flag has a "slidethru" opening at top so I plan on using a lightweight rope slid thru and tied on the balcony on the ends......shouldn't be any problem......I know I have room for the flags just don't know that I'd have room for lots of rope.....so I will bring the flags for anyone, but just bring ur own tie down.....

i called the store and told them to stash 12 more in my office for me.......

I searched Hi and Low for flags with polar bears and couldn't come up with any.....bummed me out!!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:54 pm

Diane.....you get one for each adult??...All we've ever had is ONE
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:55 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

Yes, John and I have always received one for each of us.

d
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Very strange......Maybe I should pout!!..nahhhhhhh.....dh never went in there anyhow unless I was with him......

YEA....the camera I order dd for bday just arrived....I got her the Rebel Xt like I have....can't wait til her bday now!!

Susan.......which camera did u buy???..Are u busy playing with it??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Good Morning SPB's, Thank you for all the good wishes. We know these folks well and of course they are Grandma & Grandpop to the kids we'll be watching so they'll be upset. They are both critical but stable with multiple injuries. It was a head-on collision when a lady crossed the line and hit them. They're were 2 fatalities in the other car so they are really lucky. Our packing woes pale in comparison.

I must have studied well bacause I am officially BLS certified again as of this morning. Yay

As to CL issue, of course I will comply with whatever is decided but if SHE gets a key I will have fire in my eyes FlamingMad FlamingMad

BTW will we be able to availe ourselves of the services of the concierge eg. Chops, Portofino, Spa bookings or Tender tix? We also have had our boarding passes printed for us and it's so convenient.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Hmm..... I guess I will have to wait and see, I just thought if we got 4 cards, I could maybe lend one or two out to "Special friends"??? Or would they know? I don't think we would each need our own, one per couple would be fine.

I'm still debating on getting a new camera before the trip. Looking at the new Kodak Digital with a 12x zoom. It's only around $200 and then I wouldn't have to worry about lugging around a big camera bag and lenses etc... But just can't decide! My BIL will probably be bringing both of his Nikon's so I can always get copies of pictures from him.
I've heard good things about the RebelXT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:10 pm

cruiseforme wrote:

We have gotten 2 on some cruises and one on others but we never had a problem getting a second one from the concierge.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Sheila, so sorry to hear about your daughter's inlaws.
Will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on your BLS, you probably didn't even need to study!Wink
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm

Sheila.......congrats on your certification.....

Cameras......being as I'm a photo taking nut when it comes to scenery (my dd take people pics, I do the scenery pics)...AK is heaven for me......Since I have an XT also, I raided her bday present and am going to borrow her battery, wide angle lens and flash card...She'll never know!!
Her tripod was also 1.5 #'s less than the one I had, so borrowing that too!!...

I will set up video cam at glacier.....last time we got some phenomenal footage.....hoping so again. (dh doesn't think we need another but, yup we do!!!)

Also have a sm point n shoot that I'll take too......never know.....this is at least better to take to dinner than my big ol camera bag!...hard to make the backpack fit with formalwear..Cool

oh well......soooo tired of sitting around......dr in the am and hopefully the biopsy reports FINALLY....and maybe a release to let me drive.....don't care if I get back to work, jst wanna drive and go shopping cheers
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:39 pm

Jul- Will be thinking good thoughts tommorrow for you!

My BIL is a "photo nut" also! I don't think they are bringing a cam corder though?? So maybe you can share some pictures with us also??
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:43 pm

shouldn't be a problem....

reminds me, I need to pack the cd's for burning.....oops!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:54 pm

Sheila, I'm sorry. I scan read this thread as it is so active, but send your daughter and in laws good wishes too.

Patti, that's a classic. She's only sailed with RCL three times and they already have a file on her. I think she only sailed Celebrity three or four times before they fell out of favour with her. You'd think she'd sailed with them for years with her "home away from home CC AFT" thing. Princess then Celebrity. I wonder how long it will take for her to fall out with RCL?

As for the decorations, I think those christmas lights around the CCC's balcony sounds a great idea. I have a set here with a really deadly plug and wiring. I'll send them on. It will make that 2000 volts look like childs play:lol:

Phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:56 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Sheila, so sorry to hear about your daughter's inlaws.
Will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on your BLS, you probably didn't even need to study!Wink

Thanks Jen, The problem is that you think you know something and then they change the standards so if you don't study the book you miss the changes, and there were quite a few this time, however it's done thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Good morning from the Left Coast (although Jen has already beaten me to it)! For those inquiring about my cabin number, the Polar Bear Blog is still out there & I mentioned it there. Would rather not put it out here as this is somewhat more well-visited and You Know Who may well be lurking on it somewhere.

By the way, I think that flags on the balconies are a no-no, ladies. At muster drill they always tell us not to leave any personal belongings on the balcony (see, e.g. Star Princess fire Crying or Very sad ).

CCC sailed enough times on Celebrity to make Elite, so it must have been at least 5 times with double credits for CC & above. That makes her an expert on every line, doesn't it?Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Very strange on the flags.........i've almost always had something hanging out there......oh well....we'll c.....
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 pm

critterchick wrote:
Good morning from the Left Coast (although Jen has already beaten me to it)! For those inquiring about my cabin number, the Polar Bear Blog is still out there & I mentioned it there. Would rather not put it out here as this is somewhat more well-visited and You Know Who may well be lurking on it somewhere.

By the way, I think that flags on the balconies are a no-no, ladies. At muster drill they always tell us not to leave any personal belongings on the balcony (see, e.g. Star Princess fire Crying or Very sad ).

CCC sailed enough times on Celebrity to make Elite, so it must have been at least 5 times with double credits for CC & above. That makes her an expert on every line, doesn't it?Rolling Eyes

Well, us working girls do have to get up early, Sleepyhead!Razz Laughing

It's another slow day here, that is why I am so chatty. When you don't see me for awhile, you know we are busy busy busy!

Last edited by on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Good Morning,

Checking in and saying hello. Hmmmmmmmmm I don't know who suggested the G for garbage will have to go back and figure it out.

There is a Polar Bear Blog???? I thought that was the cc boards. What was I thinking???? confused

Winston is enjoying his special food and Max is not happy because he can smell it and wants some. Maybe for his afternoon feeding today I will stick a tiny amount in his dish.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Dress Barn is having a two for one sale on sweaters and I would like to find some fall/winter pull over types for the cruise. Going out later to check it out. Ordered some cuddle duds from JC Penneys catalog this morning as well. Mine are to small Sad they should be here by the end of next week.

Patti, thank you for the suggestions on caring for Winston they are a big help!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Sure wish Alcatraz would open up the dates....that's about the last thing I have to do in bookings........I check about 6x a day.......oh well......

Have cuddleduds and a pair of spanx (they feel better than the cuddleduds)....will def pack those......oops, forgot about slippers.....somehow I don't think I'm going to want to be on balcony barefoot....

Any other items that anyone can't live without????...i don't want to not have something!..Good grief!!
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Ginny, we have so many special diets in our critter household that I feel like a short order cook! Two cats get special urinary food, the rest get Friskies. All I can do it put it in their dishes, then they start trading. The dogs eat all different stuff plus they have supplements for their joints, fur, antihistimines....
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Cruiseforme first name Julie? Okay I am still confused I have PB red slippers size 61/2 - 71/2 that are to small for me. Will they fit you? If so you are welcome to them.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:46 pm

Ginny....yup it's julie ....thanks but bigfoot here!...sz10...

I have some really comfy slipper sock from BBB that I may throw in.....they may have to do.....was actually thinking sneakers with my polar pants for breakfast....

I can't wait to see ccc's face as we all go to bkfast in our jammies when she said we aren't allowed to do that....LOL
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:50 pm

I only got Julie right cause I was reading some back posts but maybe it will stick with me Smile I am trying to figure out who came up with SPBAPCC. And then who added the G I just followed along but my mind is jello......................

Sorry the slippers won't fit. Maybe we can use them for some kind of door prize someone must have a small foot!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Ginny....yup it's julie ....thanks but bigfoot here!...sz10...

I have some really comfy slipper sock from BBB that I may throw in.....they may have to do.....was actually thinking sneakers with my polar pants for breakfast....

I can't wait to see ccc's face as we all go to bkfast in our jammies when she said we aren't allowed to do that....LOL

She's like an Ostrich though only her head isn't in the sand Laughing .

She should know better though because there have been other groups that have done similiar things, the pink boas looked like walking pepto bismol bottles on Freedom.

She just wants to put the damper on everyones fun unless it was her idea.

d
Back to top Go down
Cruising Fool
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 4:29 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Yep you read it right.......May of 2006 on the Jewel's Member cruise; October, 2006 on the Freedom's Member's cruise and April of 2007 on Brilliance (just a regular cruise).

She has a total of 5 cruise credits............and she has the nerve to put down Platinum members. Mad

With that I will say good night dear friends...............catch you tomorrow.

If she only has 5 cruise credits, how does she get into the CL? Okay - I guess she's had an Owner's Suite or above? But then I remember her taking the free Diamond excursion while on the Freedom last year. How did she manage that? Okay, I'll stop being a PIA and stop asking questions.Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next