Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+11
Linda in KY
grizzlybear
critterchick
cruiseforme
JJ2sail
frudutx
jillybabes
Murphy
cruisenfever
vlscruiser
GrmyCRS
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm

You are more organized than I am - packing already?? I leave for a week in Dallas on Wednesday and I haven't started packing for that yet!

We had a great weekend here. My new neice was baptized and my sister had a nice luncheon for everyone afterwards.

I supposed I'd better haul out the suitcases for Texas -- anyone down there know what the weather is supposed to be like?

Thanks,
Teresa
Back to top Go down
critterchick
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:26 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Jean, are you still doing the Radiance on April 26, 2009 from Valparaiso to SD?

Watch this double post...

Yes, we are! We haven't been on a Voyager class, so Mariner doesn't have the appeal of Radiance (we'll be on Mariner in February so will know for sure).

We even got our favorite cabin, thanks to Bob's persistence with RCI customer "service."
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm

critterchick wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Yes, we are! We haven't been on a Voyager class, so Mariner doesn't have the appeal of Radiance (we'll be on Mariner in February so will know for sure).

We even got our favorite cabin, thanks to Bob's persistence with RCI customer "service."
Oh good.......we just might see you then. Have our favorite cabin on hold right now.

After seeing the prices for the Mariner repo............and knowing that we are doing SA next March, we thought we would book Radiance, our favorite ship, and go north. Maybe combine it with the cruise after whenever those itins are released.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm

grizzlybear wrote:
You are more organized than I am - packing already?? I leave for a week in Dallas on Wednesday and I haven't started packing for that yet!

We had a great weekend here. My new neice was baptized and my sister had a nice luncheon for everyone afterwards.

I supposed I'd better haul out the suitcases for Texas -- anyone down there know what the weather is supposed to be like?

Thanks,
Teresa

Hot, Hot and more Hot. With the possiblity of maybe a chance of a little rain this weekend lol! .

Where are you staying?

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi everybody, I worked this morning and have spent the rest of the day trying to get our TA to book us on the Mariner repo. Apparently there is a feeding frenzy going on so we wait.
In the mean time I am looking at the spare bedroom and wondering where to start. I have stuff everywhere and I need to organise and make decisions. I'll be back later.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:45 pm

critterchick wrote:
cruisenfever wrote:

Jean: When are u scheduled to go on Mariner in Feb? We are sailing 2/24 never have done the western itinerary...Could it be that we will be on at the same time Smile ...
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:05 pm

jillybabes wrote:
Jean: When are u scheduled to go on Mariner in Feb? We are sailing 2/24 never have done the western itinerary...Could it be that we will be on at the same time Smile ...

Not quite! We're sailing on March 2 on the Eastern - it had really good prices plus a coupon, then they added a senior discount of $100pp (all of which may explain why she's moving to LA). I said February because we're spending our timeshare week at Atlantis before the cruise. Rats!

Patti, would love to see you join us on the Radiance! CCC isn't onboard, near as I can tell, thank goodness.

I posted that we won't see the volcano in Victoria as we're not stopping there. Wonder if anybody will notice?LittleDevil
Back to top Go down
critterchick

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:08 pm

jillybabes wrote:

Not quite! We're sailing on March 2 on the Eastern - it had really good prices plus a coupon, then they added a senior discount of $100pp (all of which may explain why she's moving to LA). I said February because we're spending our timeshare week at Atlantis before the cruise. Rats!

Patti, would love to see you join us on the Radiance! CCC isn't onboard, near as I can tell, thank goodness.

I posted that we won't see the volcano in Victoria as we're not stopping there. Wonder if anybody will notice?LittleDevil
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:19 pm

critterchick wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I picked up on that and almost made a comment but figured it would be lost on CCC so I didn't bother.

d
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:40 pm

critterchick wrote:
jillybabes wrote:

I posted that we won't see the volcano in Victoria as we're not stopping there. Wonder if anybody will notice
?LittleDevil
I also caught on right away and almost needed some screen cleaner.

Our TA has our cabin on hold. Will probably book it before the end of the week. I've been peeking in on your roll call.........and it seems that beginning in September through April of 2009 we're going to be sailing with a lot of "chicks".......critterchick (Radiance).....thecruisechick (from our TA on Splendour).....driftychick (Radiance 4/09). If you see me drop by you'll know we are booked.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Dramaqueen wrote:
Hi everybody, I worked this morning and have spent the rest of the day trying to get our TA to book us on the Mariner repo. Apparently there is a feeding frenzy going on so we wait.
In the mean time I am looking at the spare bedroom and wondering where to start. I have stuff everywhere and I need to organise and make decisions. I'll be back later.
Our TA was on the phone for almost 3 hours this morning with RCI and as she was talking and then holding, talking and holding she was emailing me and calling me on her cell.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Jean, We will wave to you as we are getting off the ship and you are getting on...I promise to keep the ship in good working order for you Razz ...
I too noticed your dig to CCC but did not answer...Later, Jill Cool
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Ginny, are you also doing the Radiance Valparaiso to San Diego on April 26, 2009 along with Jean? Was lurking on your roll call and saw your pretty avatar pop up. More reason to book, I guess.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi Patti, Smile I am booked for that cruise. I tend to book and then think what have I done now my love to cruise is much bigger then my wallet. Of course I booked before Alex came to live with me. Will have to see how things go but I really would like to do this cruise. I am also on the Mariner June 2009 with a great group which includes Jean and Jen.
Back to top Go down
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:29 pm

frudutx wrote:

Hot, Hot and more Hot. With the possiblity of maybe a chance of a little rain this weekend lol! .

Where are you staying?

d

Thanks for your quick response. I will be sure to pack my shorts - I hate to be hot!!sunny We are actually staying in McKinney. I hope to at least make it in to Plano to do a little shopping, but I'll have to see what works out. I'm a little afraid of all your traffic there. Shocked
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:37 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Hi Patti, Smile I am booked for that cruise. I tend to book and then think what have I done now my love to cruise is much bigger then my wallet. Of course I booked before Alex came to live with me. Will have to see how things go but I really would like to do this cruise. I am also on the Mariner June 2009 with a great group which includes Jean and Jen.
Oh I do hope you will keep the booking. With you and Jean on it, it's making our decision so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:11 pm

WHY is she so inconsiderate of other's dilemas???

WHY can't she be as compassionate of the others on our cruise who are having hardships and why does it have to be about her?????????????????????????????TwoFaced Her post was bad enough, but it was in response to poor Bev's who's been without electricity for 4 days...

Posted by CCC:
"Thanks for your storms

eventho the cities South of us made national news with 20 feet of rain (up to the goalposts of the high school football stadium. Poor Sheby who had a tornado the week before. Then Manfield who psot office has moved all mail to Ashland for folks with PO Boxes, and that is a long drive to get mail. All their trucks were up to the roof in water with mail soaked. But a bakery offered their ovens to dry the mail out to get to folks. FEMA showed to get folks back to normal but the water still isn't totally gone.

My neighbors had the sewer backup, which 2 had insurance coverage & the rest we all helped get them cleaned up & dsinfected with bleach. God bless Lowe's who helped with the electrical fires on the street, replacing batteries for free, for discounting appliances so we could afford new ones, then the send their worken to install sewer caps to no more backups. They got media thank you from all of us. But now Jerry is questioning the power of a backup, isn't the toilet going to blow???? The City sent a dumpster to fill up with all being pitched. Luckily not us!
Boy this cruise is well needed. Wish I could afford to take them all with us. Wee sold our RCCL stock to pay for the cruise & now are buying it back with the paycheck that was to pay the bill til B of A moved our bill due date by 13 days earlier than 3 years with MBNA. So now we have a tax writeoff since we bought the stock at $45 & sold it at $33. Bought the new stock at $33. So we still get our OBC as stockholders."
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:22 pm

This goes on and on how long will you permit this person to insult others and get away with it. Please make CC a place where one can come without the ravings of someone who is always speaking down and insulting others. I have held back in the past from contacting the powers that be but please .........................

What is below is only on this site.

Have blown my top, girtted my teeth and torked my jaw so I hit the triangle.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:25 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
This goes on and on how long will you permit this person to insult others and get away with it. Please make CC a place where one can come without the ravings of someone who is always speaking down and insulting others. I have held back in the past from contacting the powers that be but please .........................

What is below is only on this site.

Have blown my top, girtted my teeth and torked my jaw so I hit the triangle.

Good job! ImNotWorthy ImNotWorthy ImNotWorthy

I triangled her too, with similar complaint! Wish I'd copied it before I hit send!
Back to top Go down
grizzlybear
Charter Member
Charter Member
grizzlybear

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:31 pm

I also triangled her. Twisted Evil I don't know what hold she has over CC that she can continue to be so insulting!!
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:45 pm

OMG....I am SOOOO pissed with her right now...HOW DARE she accuse Bev of sending her the weather....WHAT is SHE thinking????..Bev is ONE of the sweetest women I know...OMG...I am sooo furious....I TRIANGLED HER TOOO

Sorry for the vent but sooo glad I have somewhere to do it.........GIVE ME A PAIN PILL BEFORE I BLOW UP....If I could drive, I'd be at her front door hollering at her.......

I didn't copy my triangle either but said "OMG, why can't you get her to stop being so mean to people. It is impossible for somebody to send their bad weather to her and it's not Bev nor Chicago's fault that she got a storm...I am tired of reading her posts bashing people..."
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:46 pm

Do you think I will get censored if I post this?

Thank You for your thoughtful and considerate. articulate replies, it has been a real eyeopener to read your posts. Your research into so many different areas and knowledge that you share knocks my socks off.
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:50 pm

I'm about to write to Cruise Critic in general and tell them that by leaving her on there to bash people they are driving their site in the ground.......grrrrrrrrrr

course now she'll say it was her dh's fault for what she wrote........

we'll see!!.......thanks on behalf of Bev for everyone's support on this one!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:54 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
I'm about to write to Cruise Critic in general and tell them that by leaving her on there to bash people they are driving their site in the ground.......grrrrrrrrrr

course now she'll say it was her dh's fault for what she wrote........

we'll see!!.......thanks on behalf of Bev for everyone's support on this one!
I have a phone number where you can call and talk to your favorite person at CC...........anybody want it?????

Oh what the hell..........here it is and unfortunately it is not toll free......1-609-730-9155.

CC is owned by Independent Traveler which is located in New Jersey......and that is where CC is located as well.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Do you think I will get censored if I post this?

Thank You for your thoughtful and considerate. articulate replies, it has been a real eyeopener to read your posts. Your research into so many different areas and knowledge that you share knocks my socks off.
If you didn't quote her or mention her name in general...........you'd be OK.........because everyone would know who you were referring to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next