Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 pm

all of this talk about Labadee---looked thro my files and we got a certificate in Jan 1995
We were on the Sov. "A Heartfelt Thanks to our Dedicated RC Guests for making our first voyage back to Labadee an historic and emotional event"

I remember we were also on the first tender--back then we got a guest list of all who were on the sailing
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:28 pm

forgot, that was signed by Captain Remo
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:23 pm

Since Jean liked her Carnival cruise so much, I was checking out prices, and found the Sensation sails out of San Diego, and they have some 4 night cruises as low as $189 for an Ocean view. But it's like Sunday to Thursday, so that's probably why.
But if I get desparate........ Laughing

I guess, I should start to watch for cheap airfare to Florida for a Caribbean cruise! But I think, I will have to wait until Oasis and the PB reunion in 2010.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:25 pm

nancyk2sea wrote:
all of this talk about Labadee---looked thro my files and we got a certificate in Jan 1995
We were on the Sov. "A Heartfelt Thanks to our Dedicated RC Guests for making our first voyage back to Labadee an historic and emotional event"

I remember we were also on the first tender--back then we got a guest list of all who were on the sailing

That's cool! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:27 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Since Jean liked her Carnival cruise so much, I was checking out prices, and found the Sensation sails out of San Diego, and they have some 4 night cruises as low as $189 for an Ocean view. But it's like Sunday to Thursday, so that's probably why.
But if I get desparate........ Laughing

I guess, I should start to watch for cheap airfare to Florida for a Caribbean cruise! But I think, I will have to wait until Oasis and the PB reunion in 2010.

Jean was on Paradise though. I would have to be VERY desperate to step back on Sensation again. I liked Elation but Sensation was horrible.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh, shoot! I meant Elation! I am getting my ships mixed up! It was rated higher than the Paradise.

cyclops cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
cruisemasters
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
cruisemasters

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Checking in with you all.......so many pages...whew! It's hard to keep track of who posted what. I enjoy reading them tho.....you all are a hoot! Hope your day's been a good one!

Weather here is cold. We had snow showers earlier, but now it's raining. Dreary...dreary day Sad . I can't wait for SPRING!

Enjoy your evening.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi all..........

Havent been to Labadee since 2002.and I agree.,the locals were very pushy.........I do like CocoCay but after being there so much,it is nice to stay onbaord and enjoy the empty ship...

Jen--no Caribbean cruises?? You must try one ........My fav is SoCarib,then ECarib,even though I love going to Mexico............so many places to see.....

Another Floridian(like Jill) who went and got her nails done today(Peru B Ruby on my feet,clear on my hands)..........different place and they all spoke English very well..........my guy talked the whole time about the American economy and how worried he is..........he was a pretty smart guy and sad to say,he knows more about than me...........he is so obsessed with it,he named his son ALAN(after A.Greenspan).........

Well, we're back in business...........Dennis bought a truck today and is slowly making his way south.........has to go to Atlanta on his way home to get some paperwork from his company.........so hopefully,he'll back working early next week...........(I did miss having him around today even though he was bugging me at times)...........

We're in for another cold spell............going down into the 20s Friday night...........enough already!

Last edited by PH8 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Oh, shoot! I meant Elation! I am getting my ships mixed up! It was rated higher than the Paradise.

cyclops cyclops cyclops

Oh, ok, good. Yes Elation was fine. It was more subdued (color design) than Sensation. Jean noted that Paradise was "UGLY"...that word is too nice to describe the garish purple design of Sensation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Kathy...........GLAD that Dennis is back in biz.....that's got to be a relief to some extent!!!

j
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:02 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Kathy...........GLAD that Dennis is back in biz.....that's got to be a relief to some extent!!!

j
Sure is...........
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Evening all!

Where is Patti today? Wonder if she is having computer problems again?

Our desk top or monitor is acting up, not sure which yet, so I'm using the laptop. I hope it is just the monitor, because I almost had my taxes done and I don't want to start all over again!

Kathy, glad Dennis is on the road again! Laughing
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Great news Kathy about Dennis getting a truck!!

Went to see Taken today and thought the movie was okay. Don't need to buy in on DVD but felt my money wasn't wasted. The popcorn could have been better though a little on the dry side. I don't have them put butter on it, like it with salt though. Smile

Have church tonight.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Jen I will hope with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Evening all! It's snowing here again..... but not too much is expected.

Kathy, congrats on the truck! Great news.

I'm slowly getting caught up on the shows I tapes when I was gone. Just watched TAR and last week's Lost...

One more load of laundry and I'm back to normal too! LOL Well, normal for me!
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Jen - Martha is a Caribbean Virgin too!! Very Happy If you want to go to Mexico, join us on the Rock the Waves cruise in November.

Kathy - Glad Dennis is "back in business", and I think you *really* do miss him when he's on the road.

Sharon - "Waiting for Spring"...for more flowers??? Wink

Shorty - Sorry you're so cold. Last Saturday I absolutely couldn't get warm, had on sweats, a robe that probably weighs 10#, socks, slippers, and even wrapped up in a snuggie (which is about 4 feet too long! I think that's the coldest I've ever been EVER!!!

I couldn't stay away for Housewives last night, so thanks for letting me know what happened. Sorry about Jeff, but he looked sooooooooo bad in the last episode he was on, he fought a brave battle.

Was a bit disappointed that The Bachelor eliminated Jillian...she was my first pick the first night. Oh well, he didn't ask for my advice. AND IF HE RECONNECTS WITH DEANNA...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've invited a verrrrrrrrrry nice person and fellow cruiser to pop in here. Her Name is Wendy (hcleaner). I know Patti has asked her to come and join us too. She's also a winner on the Rock the Waves cruise. Was so surprised when I saw her screen name as a winner.

So WENDY, come on in!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Evening everyone...............and thanks Jen for missing me. No puter problems..........had to go to the dreaded grocery store today and tolerate the seniors. Finished cleaning the spare bedroom..........so if anyone wants to come and stay with us......the room is clean. Even my silk flowers smell good!! Laughing That's 3 rooms down......................6 to go. I am bound and determined that I will have my house completely cleaned BEFORE I leave for our cruise instead of saying that I will do it when we come home..................cause I know that ain't gonna happen!!

Kathy, Jim is standing behind me and wants me to ask you about the truck that Dennis purchased. What kind of truck is it..................is it a Mack, Peterbuilt ( roflmao ), International, Cummins, Volvo or ?????. Like I really know what I'm talking about...........through the Peterbuilt caught my attention!! After I typed that last sentence, Jim says............"well, that's how we all got here"!! WooHoo

Anybody watch AI? I am very happy with the results............America got it right. Thought that poor Tatiana was going to make a scene..............but she didn't. I mean, did she think she was going to be in the top 12???

Now, since there is going to be the top 12 and they are picking 3 from each group and there are three groups............how do you suppose they are going to arrive at 12 when they will only have 9 from the three groups? I wonder if they are going to have wild cards..............OMG.........Tatiana could be back! Shocked

Yeah..................where's Wendy. I sent her an email and she completely ignored me!! Surprised Hope it went to the right Wendy! stickingtongueout

Well I am pooped.............so will catch up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Wendy...................come out, come out, from wherever you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Hello everyone! I'm taking the plunge into PB land. I've been invited a few weeks back by Chris, Martha & Patti. We all met on the Happy CocoNUTS cruise and enjoyed many laughs over the TRASH tables. Just so happens that I discovered this message board last year sometime and weren't even aware my friends were on here as well. I am also a very grateful winner along with Martha of the Carnival Mexican Riviera Cruise in Nov.

I am Wendy....DH is Bill. We live in the cold state of Illinois. Peoria area to be a little more specific. DH works for the big, yellow God of Peoria, Caterpillar. I am a retired Hairdresser, had my own shop for 21 years but now enjoy the leisure life at home. Two grown children, son & daughter. Both married and I have been blessed with the most beautiful grandchildren. GS is 4 yrs. old and GD is 2.

We also just happened to be on the same Indy cruise with Michele and Sheila. I noticed Michele's family exiting the Windjammer one morning and introduced myself. Recognized her from her avatar. I never did see Sheila. Sorry Sheila. It was a BIG ship and so many people and places to be. It was a great 6 day cruise.

We have strictly been RCCL cruisers since 2002. 13 cruises under our belt and we are addicted. I am looking forward to trying Carnival in Nov. just to have another line to compare with. Kinda scares me with all your recent comments today regarding the Carnival ships but I do think Splendor may be a pleasant experience since she is a newer ship.

I hope you all don't mind me coming over here to visit now and again. Chris prompted me again yesterday so I decided to introduce myself. We are leaving for Florida (Bradenton) this Sat. for a 3 week visit to my sister's. Driving down so we can take our Westie along with us. He's been boarded way too much this winter when we've been on 3 cruises so I just couldn't leave him again.

Have a wonderful evening. Oh yeah, I am a reality show junkie too. Love TAR, Survivor, Top Chef, and my Housewives of OC, New York and Atlanta. Those gals make me feel so cultured! They're a mess. Shocked

Wendy
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 pm

Welcome Wendy to the 'den'!!!

jul Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:42 pm

That's so funny! I was writing my LONG post and the two of you were baiting me to come out of hiding. HA! Like minds. Hi Patti....Hi Chris. Thank You for the invite.
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 am

Another welcome to the Den from Me too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 am

cruisenfever wrote:

Kathy, Jim is standing behind me and wants me to ask you about the truck that Dennis purchased. What kind of truck is it..................is it a Mack, Peterbuilt ( roflmao ), International, Cummins, Volvo or ?????. Like I really know what I'm talking about...........through the Peterbuilt caught my attention!! After I typed that last sentence, Jim says............"well, that's how we all got here"!! WooHoo
You missed one................its a Freightliner......... Smile How about coming over to clean for me?? I really have to be in the mood to do a good job.

Welcome Wendy.......so tell me about your upcoming cruises and I'll add them to the list.............I need them from you to Sharon............ and b-days/annivs......we keep lists around here............

think I'll go snuggle under the blankets and watch tv in bed(House Hunters).....

Nite PBs!!
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 am

cruisenfever wrote:

Anybody watch AI? I am very happy with the results............America got it right. Thought that poor Tatiana was going to make a scene..............but she didn't. I mean, did she think she was going to be in the top 12???

Now, since there is going to be the top 12 and they are picking 3 from each group and there are three groups............how do you suppose they are going to arrive at 12 when they will only have 9 from the three groups? I wonder if they are going to have wild cards..............OMG.........Tatiana could be back! Shocked

That's what we were trying to figure out last night! Haven't watched yet, but glad Tatiana will be going.

Welcome Wendy! Welcome

I love House Hunters Kathy! I am an HGTV junkie! This Sunday is my big tour of the Dream Home! WooHoo

Chris, You want me to go to Mexico for the 9th time??????????? Can we Hijack the ship to the caribbean?? lol!

Okay my TimeToFeedTheCat Keeps walking over the keyboard trying to get attention, so I better go.......
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:23 am

Welcome Wendy, I'm Diane, DH is John we're from just North of Dallas. But, I'm originally from York, PA home of another Caterpillar plant. As a matter of fact my Dad used to work for them way back in the 50's. Not sure how much is left in York since we moved away from there in 78'.

I've been working on the embroidery machine all night. Making golf towels to sell on-line. I have about a dozen more to go. I'm waiting on some more thread to come in before I do up the Polar Bear samples.

Ginny, I received my stuff from Coldwater Creek today and I'm very happy with what I ordered and received. Especially the wine colored travel knit outfit should be a pleasent change from my usual black.

Anyway almost time to call it a night.

ttfn

d
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next