Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:11 pm

cruisenfever wrote:
Martha, sorry to hear that it is cold and rainy in LV. Guess going topless is out of the question.

Sharon, we expect you to become as chatty as the rest of us. Feel free to moan and groan over here about anything..........we are a very supportive group.

Have a great Sunday...................Daytonna 500 qualifying today..............so I'll be glued to the TV.
Hi Patti, Didn't know you wore a wig! HolySheep

Sharon, take the above advice literally, everyone else does. hide HappyHappyJoyJoy

For us it is the Six Nations Rugby (5 really 'cos Italy doesn't count).

Jim has a pm.
bfn
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 2666
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm

I would love to see pictures of the JS on Indy. When our TA sailed on Indy, they were in a JS towards the aft and she said that their JS was not as large as the JS cabins that were mid-ship.

She was told that the JS cabin varies by its location on the ship.
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Charlie..........a pm back at you...............and thanks.
Back to top Go down
cruisemasters
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
cruisemasters

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 pm

Good Evening PB's,

Great day here. Above 70 and sunny. Simply beautiful. Hope everyone had a good Sunday.

Jill - What cruise are you on in November? Is this new?

Mar - We live between Annapolis and Baltimore and hubby works in Washington, DC. 4 hours from New York City........lots to do and see in these "neck of the woods". It also nice to be close to BWI airport too! Hope someday to visit California. Heading to Phoenix, AZ and Las Vegas in March with DD and DH.

I would love to see pictures too of the JS. Welcome home cruisers!

Charlie - what part of the UK do you live? and what is pm?

See ya tomorrow, Ciao
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:33 am

cruisenfever wrote:
misseddie wrote:
By the way, what is wrong with the pc?
Oh gee......where shall we start??? Worst part is that over the last month, we have noticed a complete slowdown of the thing. In the last couple of days, the McAfee security has decided it did not want to protect; you go in to fix it and it won't fix but says error, parts of me are missing! When you go to reinstall, it chocks and says not now, I'm updating. Then another screen from the Windows security part pops up and says your virus scan is off. Turn it on and the original problem goes away......for about an hour!! Keeps saying error...need to install and we go around and around again!! #*&^#?@ frustrating to someone here!! Rebooted several times today, cleaned out cookies and temp files and obtained some kind of kernel error after a black screen!! Since that occured, it has been fine (knock on anything!!) Guess it must be time for a new model as this one celebrated its 5th birthday on Dec 3rd!!

NOTE: If you think that "I" posted the above................think again. I'm the computer illiterate. This was Jim responding to you Charlie. Consider yourself lucky!!!

this is as far as I read, so if further info was posted, sorry. Patti--you better back up all the info you don't want to lose. sound slike a hard drive problem to me, mine has done that several times and then CRASHEs. Infact, last night when igot home form the rodeo, my 'puter was off--when I left it was ON. tried everything I knew to do--NADA, nothing, zip. so I called my resident computer fixer--my brother. he came & got it today while Iwas gone & fixed it--the power supply decided it was going to FRY. luckily he had an extra at home & VOILA--it is fixd. he also hooked up my external back-up CORRECTLY--I had not & that is why it was not doing its scheduled back-ups. I can not tell you how much stuff I have lost over the years--I have horrible luck with hard drives!!!! (thus the external back-up) the only thing I was upset about was the pictures!!!! BUt here I am, back in business
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 am

Evening everyone, if anyone is still up?

Welcome Home Sheila, Jul and Kathy!

We went up to Clear Lake yesterday to check on the progress of the deck, it looks sooooo good! It should be done by next week, I can't wait!

Couldn't get on the internet though, so had to pacify myself with a book.

Jill- I am doing a quick two nights on Princess followed by one night on HAL.
Princess is May 7th San Francisco to Vancouver, and HAL is May 9th Vancouver to Seattle.

Jean- That's a bummer about your petsitter, maybe you need to have two people for your longer trips? Kind of a back up person?
Back to top Go down
crzy4cruising
Ship's Purser
Ship's Purser

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 am

geez y'all have been chatty this weekend.

welcome home Sheila & Bob--knew it was you before I saw your picture--the blue writing. just liek I knew it was martha by her wanting to gooooooooooooo. funny how you get used to people's style, huh? well the rodeo is going swimmingly!! we have broken our last year's record every day sp far--4 days. bad economy? what is that? I am so glad because all of ourprofits go to college scholarships!!!!

off to bed, gotta get up at 4:30 in the morning Sleep --wonder if there is such a thing as sleep driving instead of sleep walking?????

everyone have a good Monday tomorrow
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 am

I'm up!!

Hi y'all....burning up my last few credits on the computer! I don't want to go home...NOT READY YET....

Think if I hide under the bed they'll notice me??????????

Hope y'all have been good while we've been cruising....looks like a lot of pages to catch up on...

Talk more later...just wanted to say hi quickly!

j
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 am

Sharon: We are going on Freedom of the Seas in November instead of Hawaii
PM is private message which you can send to anyone by clickin on the message
at top of page...

Jen: What Hal ship are you sailing on???

Jul: Good to see you posting and glad you're having a good time...
Chat tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 am

I guess I'm the last one up, although Virginia chimes in now and then.

So, I'm letting my hair go grey. My hairdresser wove in some color around my face last time, but I don't think I even want him to do that this time - the combination of coloring and chlorine from the pool is turning my hair into straw. So I may get it cut shorter (not too short or Don will faint) so the contrast isn't too awful. With all my curls, the white strands underneath poke out anyway, so it's not as dramatic as it could be.

Knock wood, I'm on track to have lost 10 lbs by the time we board the Paradise. I managed to get through the last week with no wine and no cream in my coffee (that wasn't as awful as I had dreaded, but no wine sucked). I just keep telling myself to focus on the prize...
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:16 am

Welcome home Sheila, Julie, Kathy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jean your hair will look very nice with it's natural color. Much easier on the wallet as well. Very Happy Congratulations on losing weight, I know it is hard work but keep it up you will be so happy you did. cheers

Jen you are another one who should be congratulated for staying on course with losing weight. cheers

If I missed someone Sorry, I know there are a few others be careful and losing as well. cheers

Been a really long day and I will check in tomorrow. Good nite all.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 am

cruiseforme wrote:
I'm up!!

Hi y'all....burning up my last few credits on the computer! I don't want to go home...NOT READY YET....

Think if I hide under the bed they'll notice me??????????

Hope y'all have been good while we've been cruising....looks like a lot of pages to catch up on...

Talk more later...just wanted to say hi quickly!

j

Julie for some reason I thought that you were home already... sorry I shortened your cruise Embarassed .

d
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:02 am

Good Morning and welcome home to all our cruisers...Can't wait to hear details....
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 am

Morning everyone!

Jill- It is the Westerdam. Any thoughts?

Jean- Congrats on the 10lbs! I seem to be stuck at 8lbs. Maybe I should talk nicer to my scale, instead of yelling at it! LOL! I've given up cream also, the first couple of days were rough, but now I hardly miss it.

I thought Jul was home this weekend too! Embarassed We just need to keep Kathy chained to her computer, so she can keep us all on track! Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Morning everyone...............another absolutely gorgeous sunny and warmer day here. It's supposed to hit 60 tomorrow and Wednesday. cheers Of course, it won't stick around very long..........snow forecasted for over the weekend.

Jean, I am sure your hair will look just fabulous. I envy you with all those curls. Good luck on the weight loss project..............not always an easy project..........but the end results are always rewarding.

Jen, our very first cruise on Holland was on the Westerdam. We really liked HAL..............and nobody can make breads or bread pudding like HAL can. I don't think much can go wrong on a 1 night cruise...........can it?????

Brens.............how's the rodeo going? I remember when we drove cross country with our son who time was only 8 months old (he's 31 now).............we stopped in Cheyenne, Wyoming for lunch and there was a rodeo going on. OMG.......everybody was in boots and cowboy hats............it was so much fun.

Welcome home to all the cruisers........I think Kathy gets home today.

Have a wonderful day....................
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Good morning all-- Welcome home to all of the cruisers, wanting to hear all about your trips.

My 7 yr. old g-d has Influenza-A, the Dr. said probably out of school a week....

so glad that DD and I both had flu shots this year. SIL starts his chemo today and they gave him a flu shot as soon as they heard she had this. Think this will be my assignment for the week and others will be transporting SIL to his appointments.

talk to you later
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Just received a call from my Dr that the "girls" are ok for another year!

Nancy: hope your GD does not get hit too hard by the bug. And that the chemo treatments for your SIL go smoothly.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey Sheila!!!!

We're back too! So nice to meet ya! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I have a review running on CC. I'll post it over here on CF when I get a chance. I am swimming in mounds of laundry right now. affraid

We had an Aft JS. I never want to go back to a mid ship balcony. It just won't be the same. Wink
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Jen: Have never sailed HAL, will be interesting to hear your take on it even tho it is only for one night...

Jean: Natural is the Best!!! I think you will look fine without coloring your hair...you will have to take a pic...

Michele: going over to the other side to read your review and hopefully pics of aft JS...We have one booked for Freedom and would love to see a pic...

Nancy: Sorry to hear of GD flu, but glad you are there to help...

D: Happy to hear the "girls" are fine for another year...
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Jen--our first cruise in 1978 was on HAL, went back in the 90's and thought the food was great.

D--good news for you, always makes me a bit uneasy until I get the word from the Dr. that all is okay

Michele--will look for your review
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Good morning, all! I managed to get the dogs out for a shortened walk just before the rain started. It's just sprinkling now, but we expect it to come down hard soon.

We had our flu shots early in the season and have just had a couple of mild colds, one each. I'm hoping to stay away from the flu bugs this year!

Jen, I'm not at 10lbs yet, "just" 8. I'm doing a combination of Weight Watchers and the Scarsdale diet - protein, fruit & veggies, but not a lot of other carbs - no pasta Sad , rice, potatoes, sweets, etc. I did cheat LittleDevil with a Skinny Cow ice cream bar last night, but otherwise have been just a
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Welcome back Michele.

Nancy, hope things improve soon. Good news is the SIL is starting chemo.

Brenda have another great day at the Rodeo. Smile
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Are the tubs on Rhapsody narrow and high to step into like on the Monarch?
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:12 pm

cruisemasters wrote:
Charlie - what part of the UK do you live? and what is pm?

See ya tomorrow, Ciao
Sharon, we reside in the wonderful county of Derbyshire more or less in the centre of the country.

pm is a "private message" sent by you to another Freek and only visible to that person.

If you look at the bottom of each post you will see written in green the word "profile" which if clicked will give you whatever personal info' that member has decided to make public. Alongside "profile" you will find, again in green, the abbreviation "pm" which if clicked brings up a message box similar to an e-mail to allow you to send your private message. Any pm's received may be read in the messages section found next to the Log Out button at the top of each page. Lastly, if the CF member is online then the word "Online" will again be written in green next to the pm abbreviation.
So, if you have secrets to share Twisted Evil ............... or dirt to dish................ affraid
Back to top Go down
misseddie
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
misseddie

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:16 pm

critterchick wrote:
I managed to get through the last week with no wine and no cream in my coffee (that wasn't as awful as I had dreaded, but no wine sucked).
Jean, must be hell not having wine in your coffee but doesn't it curdle the cream? Suspect lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next