Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cruise Freek Forums Cruise Message Board

Cruise message boards with community and cruise line topics. New and old cruisers welcome. Travel Agents Are Always Welcome. We feature LIVE CHAT!

Free Cruise Quotes

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!

Go down 
+13
misseddie
barbeeAL
crzy4cruising
frudutx
nancyk2sea
critterchick
vlscruiser
cruisenfever
jillybabes
Murphy
cruiseforme
GrmyCRS
JJ2sail
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 am

Wendy - Good to see you finally jumped in. I think you can tell already what a great group we have. Very Happy . Kathy mentioned *we* keep lists. In reality, KATHY KEEPS ALL OUR LISTS...AND DOES A SUPER JOB!!!!

Jen - I'm game and I'm sure M & Wendy too. Although, as many Mexican Riviera cruises we've done, I always enjoy them. As long as I'm on a ship, don't really care where I'm going as long as it's not Old cyclops Brooklyn.

Patti - Hmmm....only three more to go??? Do you have a list of those that volunteered to let you clean ours?
Back to top Go down
GrmyCRS
Charter Member
Charter Member
GrmyCRS

Number of posts : 728

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

Forgot....I think they did mention yesterday that the last three spots would be wild cards.
Back to top Go down
barbeeAL
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:18 am

Welcome Wendy....glad you can join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:43 am

Welcome Wendy, Sorry we didn't connect on Indie. It was a nice cruise wasn't it. We had a great time. This is a great bunch. Funny you should mention Westies. We raised Westies a while back. I brought my first one with me from Scotland way back when. I love them. The last one in the family was my DD's and she just passed away last year. We also had Yorkies for a while 'til they passed. My other DD still has one. We now have 2 mini doxies.
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser
Resident Expert & Charter Member

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 am

Yea Mini-Doxies

Welcome Wendy to the den Very Happy . I am Virginia and also have a mini Doxie, called Jimmy Boy.
Back to top Go down
critterchick

Number of posts : 845

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:23 am

Welcome, Wendy! Glad to have another cub in the den!

I thought there were 36 contestants left on AI, not 27. Did they cull out 9 of them when I was napping?

We're getting up early to see Mariner come into port tomorrow morning. I'm going to be a basket case! I should go to bed, but I'm just not tired....
Back to top Go down
nancyk2sea
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 am

Good morning--

Welcome, Wendy glad to have you join us and very familiar with your hometown.

Kathy--good news about the truck

It is 5 this am, did I say lately how I hate the cold? It sure is a cuddleduds day!!

Today I meet Ken in Des Moines, a two hour drive for me,

Have a good Thursday--almost the weekend
Back to top Go down
jillybabes

Number of posts : 1741

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

Good Morning Polar Bears: Looks like we will be getting some rain today, but thats okay, I will work on my misc items for the ship...We can hardly wait til next Friday to board...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:34 am

hcleaner wrote:
We also just happened to be on the same Indy cruise with Michele and Sheila. I noticed Michele's family exiting the Windjammer one morning and introduced myself. Recognized her from her avatar. I never did see Sheila. Sorry Sheila. It was a BIG ship and so many people and places to be. It was a great 6 day cruise.

HEYYYYY WENDY!!!!! How are you????? Very Happy

Awful to be back isn't it?

Just checked, it's 72 degrees in Belize right now. I am looking at snow outside my window. :coldout:

Nice to see you.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

Number of posts : 1619
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 am

Morning all, it's chilly here a high of 59 forcast.

Leaving early as I have a dental appt. Finally getting around to replacing my dentist of 10+ years who retired over a year ago. He sold his practice to someone who only sees $$$$$ and while I'd like to have a Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon type smile I'm afraid they'd have to pull the teeth I have now to do that. The new dentist's goal was to see how fast he could pay off his new car, house, vacation home ...... My goal is just to keep the teeth I have without breaking the bank.

Working from home tomorrow, DD and SIL2B are traveling to visit his Grandparents so we're pet-sitting. Dakota will be dropped off this afternoon. She can not be trusted loose in the house all day and I do not like to leave her in the kennel for extended periods so I'm working from home.

Well, need to actually get some work done today.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks to all of you for your warm Welcome. It will be great to get to know you better as the days go by. I'm happy to hear so many of you are furry children lovers.

Sheila, my Westie is so special. The smartest dog we've ever had and so much personality. His name is Wesley and he had his 10 yr. b'day this past Tuesday.

Patti-I didn't mean to ignore your email to me a few weeks ago. I'm sorry about that. I think what happened is it came at a time just a few hours away from our leaving on the Indy cruise and I just didn't have time to respond. When we got back, well, I forgot about it. Thanks for the invite over here to your den.

Kathy-
Wendy's b'day is Nov. 16, '53
Bills b'day is May 26, '52
Anniversary, Feb. 12, '77

Upcoming cruises, just 2 as of now.
Nov. 8, 2009-Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera
Nov. 30, 2009-Radiance, 11 day Mexican Riviera

Nope we've never been to the MR before. We had the Brilliiance booked in Nov. for Egypt/Greece Med. cruise. But with the recent world news saying there have been ongoing rioting over in Athens and all this missile talk going on between Israel & Egypt it didn't appear to us that it was a safe time to make a visit. I decided the Great Pyramids have been there a long time and will probably be there when we decide to go again. So, we cancelled and booked Radiance to Mex. Riviera. 11 nights and we've never been to any of the ports. Family & friends going with us. Then, about 3 months later I happened to win the MR cruise on here. Guess we're meant to go to MR. Can't wait. Seems like so long away and cruise withdrawal is so painful.
Back to top Go down
Murphy

Number of posts : 1644

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 11:48 am

frudutx wrote:

Leaving early as I have a dental appt. Finally getting around to replacing my dentist of 10+ years who retired over a year ago. He sold his practice to someone who only sees $$$$$ and while I'd like to have a Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon type smile I'm afraid they'd have to pull the teeth I have now to do that. The new dentist's goal was to see how fast he could pay off his new car, house, vacation home ...... My goal is just to keep the teeth I have without breaking the bank.

d

I think my dentist went to the same school! Actually, when I first started going to him, he was great and really worked with me to work around what the insurance would pay for. Now he wants Ray to get braces!!!! Ray is sticking with him, but I'm on the search for a "maintenance" dentist!

Welcome Wendy! I live in northern IL and it is COLD here today too!
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Murphy wrote:
frudutx wrote:

d

I think my dentist went to the same school! Actually, when I first started going to him, he was great and really worked with me to work around what the insurance would pay for. Now he wants Ray to get braces!!!! Ray is sticking with him, but I'm on the search for a "maintenance" dentist!

Welcome Wendy! I live in northern IL and it is COLD here today too!

I'm all for new technology but, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Good Morning All. Glad to see that Dennis will be back on the road. Gotta earn that cruise money Kathy!!!! Laughing
Got up early to go get some fasting bloods drawn then out to breakfast. We're off in a while to Rehoboth to the Outlets (Can you say Chico's, Coldwater Creek) Cheers

I don 't discuss dentists. Ban (Can you say Panic, Cold Sweats, Fainting dead away) BadIdea

Wendy my DS and family live in Bourbonnias Ill. We'll be out there next week for our new baby's Dedication.

Off to shop, catcha all later.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1481

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 pm

GrmyCRS wrote:
Jen - I'm game and I'm sure M & Wendy too. Although, as many Mexican Riviera cruises we've done, I always enjoy them. As long as I'm on a ship, don't really care where I'm going as long as it's not Old cyclops Brooklyn.
Too funny! roflmao

I was actually looking at your MR cruise, I think they have balconies for $689, but I think I want to try a shorter cruise on Carnival before jumping to a full 7 days! Would really like to plan another scrapbooking cruise.
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 pm

critterchick wrote:
Welcome, Wendy! Glad to have another cub in the den!

I thought there were 36 contestants left on AI, not 27. Did they cull out 9 of them when I was napping?

We're getting up early to see Mariner come into port tomorrow morning. I'm going to be a basket case! I should go to bed, but I'm just not tired....

Yep! That's exactly what they did! Dumped 9 last night.

Take pictures of Mariner! Have fun!
Back to top Go down
cruisenfever

Number of posts : 2666

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Afternoon everyone................it is SNOWING again!! Mad :taz: :@#$: And it is :coldout: out. Had to do garbage can patrol again this morning No ............our neighbors 4 garbage cans were relocating themselves in our front, side and back yard...............yes it is very windy outside.

HI Wendy............so good to see you here. Very Happy Very Happy It will be nice to chat with you. Glad that you found us. No problem on the email issue............you usually answer right away, but with going on a cruise, heck.........getting ready for that was much more important.

Have a wonderful day............................
Back to top Go down
cruiseforme
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 1921
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Morning all from this COLD :coldout: end.........

Heading to STL tomorrow for the 'smuckers on ice show' that we were iced (no pun intended!!) out of last year.....they so graciously replaced our tickets at no charge! YAY...(tku Smuckers!!)

Ironically my sil says it's supposed to snow up there tmrw night but starting at 7pm...so I guess when we come out all will be white! I'm not worried about snow...just hate the ice to drive in.

But COSTCO here I come!! This time I will fill the car with coolers so I can grocery shop...YAYYYYYYYYY

j
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm

cruiseforme wrote:
Morning all from this COLD :coldout: end.........

Heading to STL tomorrow for the 'smuckers on ice show' that we were iced (no pun intended!!) out of last year.....they so graciously replaced our tickets at no charge! YAY...(tku Smuckers!!)

Ironically my sil says it's supposed to snow up there tmrw night but starting at 7pm...so I guess when we come out all will be white! I'm not worried about snow...just hate the ice to drive in.

But COSTCO here I come!! This time I will fill the car with coolers so I can grocery shop...YAYYYYYYYYY

j

Be careful.

d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi all.........

Dennis is in Atlanta right now getting all the paperwork done for his
truck.......I had to go to the IRS this morning to pay a heavy
highway use tax so he can get a tag tomorrow......I thought for sure
I'd be there 3 hours,but nope,in and out!! Surprised me...

THEN I came home to make calls to my homeowners ins company.........got a notice of cancellation due to the fact, the house is vacant!!! HUH???????? I dont think so........so now I have to send a letter saying it isnt.............why do I have to clean up after their mess??

Jen-enjoy that Dream Home..maybe it will be your future home?? G/L..

Jean-------how was the MA?? Bet all those 46 nighters came stumbling out with their sea legs....

Diane and Susan--My dentist is the same kind.....very modern equipment which means very $$$$$ visits.........I havent been in 2 years,mostly cuz of the cost...but now I really need to get a cleaning and want a new dentist...........really like the other,but I know they try to talk you into work I wont be able to afford......

Thanks for the info Wendy.......I'll post the lists after this,so you can copy them if you'd like................

Have fun shopping Sheila........

Patti--dont feel bad about the snow cuz our temps tomorrow nite will be cold enuf for us to have some...gonna be in the 20s.........I didnt even put my garbage out today cuz it was VERY windy and rainy here too...........

Be careful on your road trip to STL,Jul.........ice is the worse.......

well, guess I'll go do something productive around here.....Hi to all........
Back to top Go down
vlscruiser

Number of posts : 1251

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Cool out been the sunny is shining and the birds are out making new nests.

Finally got out to Costco yesterday but still need to hit the grocery store maybe today. Have a meeting to attend tonight regarding the high school Alex will be attending starting in August. Why can't school start in Sept anymore why do they start in the middle of August and mess up vacation time? scratch

So Jean how did the Mariner look as she came in?

Hope everyone has a great day.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:16 pm

vlscruiser wrote:
Good Morning Ladies,

Cool out been the sunny is shining and the birds are out making new nests.

Finally got out to Costco yesterday but still need to hit the grocery store maybe today. Have a meeting to attend tonight regarding the high school Alex will be attending starting in August. Why can't school start in Sept anymore why do they start in the middle of August and mess up vacation time? scratch

So Jean how did the Mariner look as she came in?

Hope everyone has a great day.

When we first moved to Texas school started in early August. The kids received lots of days off through-out the year which was nice because we would often take vacation in October, March or April depending on when the additional weeks off occurred. However, shortly after Tricia graduated (2003) the entertainment industry (Six-Flags) lobbied the state to start school no earlier that one week before Labor Day, and they made it a law. Now people are still complaining because they can't get the first semester in before school breaks for the winter holiday and when the kids come back after the New Year the teachers have to give a refresher just so that the kids can pass their exams. It never really mattered to us when she had off or when school started. We just adjusted accordingly.

d
Back to top Go down
JJ2sail
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Jean emailed me the link to her Mariner pictures. So here ya go........

She must have gone home to snooze!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 2748123530069108448S425x425Q85

Click on the picture to see the rest.
Back to top Go down
frudutx
Charter Member
Charter Member
frudutx

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 pm

JJ2sail wrote:
Jean emailed me the link to her Mariner pictures. So here ya go........

She must have gone home to snooze!

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 2748123530069108448S425x425Q85

Click on the picture to see the rest.

Thanks, for sharing.

d
Back to top Go down
Exairgoddess1
Charter Member
Charter Member
Exairgoddess1

Number of posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Ginny, there is a photo of the Mariner backing into the Channel on the latest pages of the Feb 22 Mariner thread....really awesome.

I talked to Travelgoddess (Karen) a few minutes ago at their hotel in San Pedro and the disembarkation went swimmingly....there was concern that it might be delayed due to a death on the ship during the night...I didn't know him...Kent (Mexico on CC). So sad and hard for his wife and family.

We are just about packed up and ready for tomorrow...we are excited about going on the Pre-Inaug and then being able to stay for the 7 day.

"puter is going today at 4pm to have a gremlin fixed while we are gone.....

Talk to you all after March 1st.
Hugs, Mar~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!   Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"! - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiance 9-14-07 Polar Bear Express "Special"!
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next